March 28, 2024, 02:34:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JENNIFER KESSE, 24, 1/24/06, ORLANDO, FL #1 9/16/06 -  (Read 449944 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #220 on: February 19, 2010, 11:03:59 AM »

http://wdbo.com/localnews/2010/02/crew-digs-through-field-in-sea.html
WDBO Local News      
Crew digs through field in search for Jennifer Kesse
By
Bob Hazen
@ February 19, 2010 9:59 AM Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBacks (0)

Orlando Police and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement have converged on a vacant field to dig for missing Orlando woman Jennifer Kesse.

Authorities have not said yet what brought them to the field except that they received a tip. The field is roughly 100 yards wide and very remote, covered in tall weeds, downed trees, and garbage. It sits behind a run down warehouse and a Popeye's Chicken & Biscuits restaurant just south of Oakridge Road on Orange Blossom Trail.

It's not clear exactly what the crews are doing, but they have a backhoe and are said to be digging into the ground.

Orlando Police would not release more details, but did say any areas of interest will be thoroughly examined.

Kesse disappeared four years ago from her condo near the Mall at Millenia.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #221 on: February 19, 2010, 11:13:28 AM »

My prayers are with the Kesse family  an angelic monkey
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #222 on: February 19, 2010, 11:33:20 AM »

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #223 on: February 19, 2010, 11:37:12 AM »

Cadaver dogs hit on something in this area earlier in the week:

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #224 on: February 19, 2010, 01:30:19 PM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/22610272/detail.html
Tip Prompts Search In Kesse Case
Orlando Police, FDLE Investigators Search Vacant Field

POSTED: Friday, February 19, 2010
UPDATED: 12:52 pm EST February 19, 2010
Jennifer Kesse search
ORLANDO, Fla. -- A search is under way Friday in Orlando in the case involving Jennifer Kesse, who has been missing since 2006.
Investigators with the Orlando Police Department and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement are searching an area west of Orange Blossom Trail between West Oak Ridge Road and Wakulla Way after receiving a tip.

Sources told Local 6 that a tipster claiming to be a family member of the person who may have abducted Kesse said Kesse's body is possibly buried in the field. Three dogs alerted on an area, prompting a larger dig using heavy equipment.

"It's an area we're considering a crime area," Orlando police Sgt. Barb Jones said. "They're back there with equipment -- I guess it's a font-loader -- and they're going through methodically."

The vacant field is located about a mile from Kesse's condo, Mosaic at Millenia, where she was last seen.

Kesse's father, Drew Kesse, told Local 6 News that he's shocked about the news, saying this search seems different than several other searches involving his daughter.

Watch Local 6 News and stay with ClickOrlando.com for more on this story.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #225 on: February 19, 2010, 02:29:42 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/22610182/detail.html

Nothing Found In Field After Tip In Jennifer Kesse Case

Posted: 9:19 am EST February 19, 2010Updated: 2:19 pm EST February 19, 2010
ORLANDO, Fla. -- A credible tip in the Jennifer Kesse case led investigators to a vacant field in Orange County Friday, but nothing was found. The Orlando woman disappeared in January 2006.

The Orlando Police Department told Eyewitness News around 2:00pm that the dig on the property was almost over and had negative results. The Emergency Response Team will stay on the scene for a few hours, but most of the 50 or so officers will leave.

Orlando police said the area hasn’t officially been dismissed, but Friday’s search is coming to an end.

(snipped)
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #226 on: March 06, 2010, 09:32:50 AM »

Hat tip to Sandyeggo, BOC poster for this interesting article:

http://www.onlykent.com/20100305/google-earth-used-to-solve-a-murder/

Google Earth used to solve a murder

Last Updated on Friday, 5 March 2010 01:17

Written by Tina Chubb

Friday, 5 March

On January 24th back in 2006, a woman by the name of Jennifer Kesse just vanished. According to a report at gearthblog.com, the police quickly came to the conclusion that she had been abducted, but in the last four years, no solid information has turned up.

Shortly after, a website was set up to help spread all the information about Jennifer’s case. And a tip came in quite recently, which said her body was buried in a field in Orlando, Florida. The police conducted a massive search of the said field, but nothing came up.

With the field being so large – about 15 acres – the body could be in there anywhere. Meanwhile, users of the website came to a stunning revelation. Using Google Earth’s historical imagery, they found an image from around 1 month after she had disappeared.

Despite the fact that no other imagery was available during that time, it was still enough for the police to go on. The latest news now is that the police are planning to dig in that area based on the new information, that came from Google Earth.

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #227 on: March 06, 2010, 05:16:04 PM »

I hope this latest tip and the Google technology will result in finding Jennifer Keese.  It's been much too long.  Time to bring Jennifer Kesse home.   an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #228 on: March 06, 2010, 08:38:46 PM »

Hat tip to Sandyeggo, BOC poster for this interesting article:

http://www.onlykent.com/20100305/google-earth-used-to-solve-a-murder/

Google Earth used to solve a murder

Last Updated on Friday, 5 March 2010 01:17

Written by Tina Chubb

Friday, 5 March

On January 24th back in 2006, a woman by the name of Jennifer Kesse just vanished. According to a report at gearthblog.com, the police quickly came to the conclusion that she had been abducted, but in the last four years, no solid information has turned up.

Shortly after, a website was set up to help spread all the information about Jennifer’s case. And a tip came in quite recently, which said her body was buried in a field in Orlando, Florida. The police conducted a massive search of the said field, but nothing came up.

With the field being so large – about 15 acres – the body could be in there anywhere. Meanwhile, users of the website came to a stunning revelation. Using Google Earth’s historical imagery, they found an image from around 1 month after she had disappeared.

Despite the fact that no other imagery was available during that time, it was still enough for the police to go on. The latest news now is that the police are planning to dig in that area based on the new information, that came from Google Earth.

That's really amazing. I hope it provides an end to this horrible ordeal for the Keese family.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #229 on: March 06, 2010, 08:48:14 PM »

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #230 on: March 08, 2010, 12:08:23 PM »

I have been sitting on pins and needles waiting..
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #231 on: March 09, 2010, 08:59:42 AM »

any word....???
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #232 on: March 09, 2010, 05:45:06 PM »

Nope.... I am wondering if  Google Earth thingy is what the tip was that led them to search the field in mid-February.   We may be waiting for nothing...the search may have already happened.  ??

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #233 on: March 10, 2010, 10:54:16 PM »

Nope.... I am wondering if  Google Earth thingy is what the tip was that led them to search the field in mid-February.   We may be waiting for nothing...the search may have already happened.  ??

Thanks so much for answering me.  I do appreciate it.  I can't imagine not knowing where my child is.  If you ever make it to FL we gots lots of clay pitts and trails we go boggin' on.  Lotta fun!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #234 on: March 16, 2010, 09:52:26 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-jennifer-kesse-cyberstalking-arrest-20100316,0,1048330.story

Cyber threats against family of missing Orlando woman Jennifer Kesse lead to arrest

By Willoughby Mariano, Orlando Sentinel

6:58 PM EDT, March 16, 2010

The family of missing Orlando woman Jennifer Kesse said they tried for years to call law enforcement's attention to a man they said was making threatening phone calls and sending menacing messages to them over the Internet.

Tyler J. Green, 28, of Clermont is out on bond on a second-degree felony count of written threats to kill or do bodily injury and one count of first-degree misdemeanor stalking in the case.

In 2007, Green dug up personal information on two officers in the Internal Affairs section, threatened them and made harassing phone calls to them for seven months, according to an Orlando police report. Charges were dropped.

Jennifer Kesse's father Drew Kesse is worried that it's only a matter of time before Green acts on his threats.

"All the writing's on the wall that this person is going to hurt someone," Kesse said.

Green did not respond to a request for comment.

Police think Jennifer Kesse was abducted from her Orlando condominium near the Mall at Millenia Jan. 24, 2006. Her case remains unsolved.

The harassment of the Kesses began in August 2007, when a stalker made threatening phone calls to their home, Drew Kesse said. The man said he knew what cars the family drove.

"I hope you don't get in to an accident," the stalker said, according to Drew Kesse.

The stalker said the missing woman's younger brother was "next," and wrote expletive-filled tirades against police and others on the website.

The stalker also used messages on jenniferkesse.com to threaten members of the Kesse family, Drew Kesse said.

Drew Kesse and wife Joyce Kesse filed for a injunctions Dec. 15, submitting more than 100 pages of supporting evidence, Drew Kesse said. Their request was dismissed before a court hearing took place, according to Manatee County court records.

Florida Department of Law Enforcement agents subpoenaed an Internet company in December and February to find out which subscriber sent the messages, according to an affidavit for Green's arrest.

They traced the messages to the account of Clermont-area resident Larry Green, who denied sending the messages, but mentioned his son Tyler Green developed paranoid schizophrenia and post-traumatic stress disorder after the deaths of relatives, the affidavit states.

"He [Larry Green] was aware that his son Tyler had episodes, but did not realize that they were creating criminal acts," it states.

Tyler Green was arrested Friday and released on $6,000 bond Monday evening.

In 2007, Orlando Police issued a warrant for his arrest on counts of aggravated stalking and corruption by threat against a public servant, saying he harassed members of Orlando police's Internal Affairs section for seven months, according to a police report.

Tyler Green was upset after being issued a trespass warning in June 2006 while at the Central Florida Fairgrounds on West Colonial Drive. He called Internal Affairs to complain. The department sent him paperwork to complete and submit, but he never did.

Instead, Tyler Green called officers repeatedly and dug up their personal information, including the name of an officer's relative, the report states. He and said he had a handgun he used to protect himself from people he "has issues with," the report states.

A search of Green's Clermont-area home revealed "numerous firearms," computer equipment and hand-written notes referring to then-Orlando Police Chief Mike McCoy and other officers, the report states.

Tyler Green was also arrested on marijuana and drug paraphernalia possession counts. He agreed to enter a pre-trial diversion program, and Orange County prosecutors dropped the stalking-related charges Aug. 2009.

He pleaded in Lake County court in the drug-possession charges and was sentenced to one year probation, according to Lake County court records. Adjudication of guilt was withheld.

Willoughby Mariano can be reached at wmariano@orlandosentinel.com or 407-420-5171.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #235 on: March 30, 2010, 10:30:53 AM »

http://knightnews.com/2010/03/adpi-holds-safety-for-sisters-event/
ADPi Holds Safety For Sisters Event
Greek Life, Safety — By Cliff Jett on March 29, 2010 at 5:38 pm

Alpha Delta Pi’s ‘Safety For Sisters’ event was held Sunday, March 28th in the ADPi parking lot. The event highlighted safety for women, and included self defense lessons from Jon Burke, the founder of the 6 levels, information on how to keep safe, fingerprinting, and free giveaways, including frozen yogurt from Yogurtopia.
T-Shirts were also sold at the event, with the proceeds going to aid in the search for Jennifer Kesse.

For more info on Jennifer Kesse, read an article on the search for her by clicking here, or visit www.JenniferKesse.com.
Video at link.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #236 on: April 08, 2010, 06:54:29 PM »

http://ow.ly/1wfOL
Police: Leads Exhausted In Search For Kesse
Family Wants Disappearance Declared Cold Case
April 08, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. - Authorities in Orlando met with the family of Jennifer Kesse on Thursday and said they've exhausted all possible leads.

Kesse has been missing for four years. In a meeting with her parents, investigators said they've chased all viable leads and nothing has panned out.

Kesse's parents said they were very frustrated after leaving the meeting with police. They said they were told the detective assigned to the case will work new leads, but he'll also work other cases.

The Kesses said they would like their daughter's disappearance to be classified as a cold case, which would mean a fresh set of eyes would handle it.

The parents said they were told that's not the path police want to take.
~snipped~
http://www.wesh.com/news/23093263/detail.html

~ Peter Frampton
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #237 on: April 08, 2010, 08:52:12 PM »

"All viable leads "

Who determined Viable ?

Can we see a list of items or people investigated ?

Did LE compare video "using the F.B.I. video lab " with Tracy Ocasio accused suspect/person of interest what ever ?
Did they compare Gary H. in that video to him ?

What other comparable crimes existed in that area over this time period.. How many before ?

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #238 on: April 09, 2010, 07:39:36 AM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/23093263/detail.html
Police: Leads Exhausted In Search For Kesse
Family Wants Disappearance Declared Cold Case

POSTED: 4:42 pm EDT April 8, 2010
UPDATED: 12:21 am EDT April 9, 2010
ORLANDO, Fla. --
Authorities in Orlando met with the family of Jennifer Kesse on Thursday and said they've exhausted all possible leads.

Kesse has been missing since four years ago, when she disappeared from her condo near the Mall at Millenia.

In a meeting with her parents on Thursday, investigators said they've chased all viable leads and nothing has panned out.

The 24-year-old's parents said they were very frustrated after leaving the meeting with police.

Her father said the news was "heartbreaking," and her mother said it's like "a knife in your heart."

They said they were told the detective assigned to the case will work new leads, but he'll also work other cases.
To me, it gets harder every day," Drew Kesse said.

The Kesses said they would like their daughter's disappearance to be classified as a cold case, which would mean a fresh set of eyes would handle it. Drew and Joyce Kesse said they were told that's not the path police want to take.

"How, for the love of God, are we not one step closed to finding out what happened?" Joyce Kesse said. "Where do we go from here? We didn't get an answer."

"The answer was, 'We'll wait for the next viable lead to come in,'" Drew Kesse said. "That's not a plan of action to me."

The Kesses said they'll do everything in their power to find their daughter, with out without the help of the Orlando Police Department.

A person of interest who dropped off the University of Central Florida student's car still hasn't been found. There's a $10,000 reward for information leading to him and $15,000 for help finding Jennifer Kesse.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #239 on: April 15, 2010, 07:57:50 AM »

http://www.wftv.com/countybycounty/23149243/detail.html
Cops Launch Push To Solve Missing Persons Cases
Posted: 12:51 pm EDT April 14, 2010Updated: 1:19 pm EDT April 14, 2010
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Orlando police have launched a new push to solve over a dozen missing persons cases. Some of the cases date all the way back to the 1980s.

Earlier this month, Orlando police announced that all leads in the Jennifer Kesse disappearance have been exhausted.

Police wanted the public to know they have 15 other cases that need new tips too. The police chief joined her team of missing persons detectives Wednesday morning to outline the other cases and announce a new tip line that's been set up to field the cases.

Kesse is far from the only case out there. Four cases date back to the 80s, six are still open from the 90s and three people have disappeared since Jennifer Kesse vanished in 2006.

Police Chief Val Demings said it's unfortunate that all cases are not a high-profile in the eyes of the public or the media.

Last week, the new missing person’s hotline was set up. The number is 407-246-2916. Police also released a packet of unidentified deceased people.

They say technology and data sharing is helping to solve these type cases.

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.