March 28, 2024, 10:16:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JENNIFER KESSE, 24, 1/24/06, ORLANDO, FL #1 9/16/06 -  (Read 449998 times)
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2009, 03:06:49 PM »

Jennifer Kesse will be honored with safety event

A community safety event is planned at the Mall of Millenia on Jan. 24, the third anniversary of the disappearance of Orlando resident Jennifer Kesse.

The Jennifer Kesse Beacon of Hope for the Missing event will be from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the mall's lower-level community rooms.

Orange County Sheriff's Office will attend for fingerprint and video identification of children.

Other participants will conduct children's self-defense demonstrations.

Kesse was 24 when she vanished Jan. 24, 2006 near her condominium at The Mosaic at Millenia Condominiums in south Orlando.

Her case attracted national attention and remains unsolved.

This is the second time the family is marking the day she disappeared with a community event.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2009, 03:55:53 PM »

O/T - where is the Jennifer Kesse thread...there is news ....and I can't find the thread....Klaas please put this where it belongs.....

Exclusive: Killer Could Hold Clues In Kesse Case
WESH 2 News Exclusive

POSTED: 2:43 pm EST January 20, 2009
UPDATED: 3:12 pm EST January 20, 2009

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Convicted murderer David Byron Russ met privately with the father of Jennifer Kesse and provided information that could lead Orlando police detectives to one or more suspects in her disappearance.

Kesse, who was 24 when she disappeared, has been missing since 2006. Russ awaits sentencing in the Seminole County Jail for the murder of a Longwood woman.

Drew Kesse visited Russ for just more than one hour on Dec. 23 and told WESH 2 news reporter Greg Fox he provided information to investigators. (Watch WESH 2 News this afternoon, starting at 4 p.m. for exclusive video with Kesse and Russ, as well as more details about the information.)

dejasade
Scared Monkey

« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2009, 04:38:55 PM »

This is amazing news!!
I really, truly hope this is what this family needs to find closure.

praying..

My boyfriend said he'll leave me if i dont stop shopping..... I'll miss that guy.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2009, 06:07:41 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-jennifer-kesse-missing-murder-012009,0,6205298.story

Confessed murderer meets with Jennifer Kesse's father
Willoughby Mariano

Sentinel Staff Writer

4:41 PM EST, January 20, 2009

A deck of playing cards bearing the photograph of missing Orlando woman Jennifer Kesse led to a meeting between her father and a confessed murderer.

David Byron Russ met face-to-face with dad Drew Kesse in Seminole County Jail a couple weeks ago to pass on tips about his daughter's unsolved case. Russ said a playing card featuring Jennifer Kesse got him thinking about her disappearance, Drew Kesse said.

"It's odd, but it's not the first time tips have come out of the jail," Drew Kesse said. He declined to discuss what information Russ gave him.

Jails distribute playing cards that feature information about unsolved cases in an effort to generate tips.

Russ killed Madeleine Leinen, 58, in her Longwood-area home on May 7, 2007. He pleaded guilty last year, saying he was in the middle of a cocaine binge at the time. He wrote the judge in his case that he is "a cold-blooded killer," and would have killed again if he wasn't arrested.

Byron pleaded guilty last year and is awaiting sentencing. During a hearing earlier this month, Byron refused to let his attorneys present evidence that might help him avoid the death penalty.

Orlando police spokeswoman Sgt. Barbara Jones said investigators have no plans to meet with Russ. Jones declined to discuss the tip.

Jennifer Kesse has been missing since Jan. 24, 2006. On Saturday, a community safety event marking the third anniversary of her disappearance will take place from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Mall at Millenia's lower-level community rooms. The Jennifer Kesse Beacon of Hope for the Missing event will fingerprint and video children for identification purposes.

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement will take DNA samples from relatives of missing people to put in a national database that helps identify human remains, Drew Kesse said. The service is free. About 400 people from Orange, Osceola, Seminole and Polk counties have been missing for more than 90 days, he said.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2009, 09:17:05 PM »

Whoaaaaaaa........I was just reading this on WESH2!!
http://www.wesh.com/news/18522496/detail.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2009, 07:32:06 PM »

Tomorrow will be 3 years.  God bring her family some peace, you are in my prayers. Lovinlife

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Pebbles
Scared Monkey

« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2009, 01:23:04 PM »

I am praying for Jennifer's family to get closure soon.  How horrible for them to not have a clue about what happened to her 3 years ago.
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2009, 02:44:10 PM »

Have you guys seen this:
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/021209_serial_killer_claim
Man claims online that
he’s a serial killer

Last Edited: Friday, 13 Feb 2009, 12:30 PM EST
Created On: Friday, 13 Feb 2009, 12:13 PM EST

- The Orlando Police Department and the Georgia Bureau of investigation are trying to find a man who online claims to be a serial killer and that Jennifer Kesse may be one of his victims. Kesse was has been missing for three years. She was last seen at her condo near the mall at Millenia.

The investigation into this self proclaims serial killer all started here with a message on Jennifer Kesse's you tube page. It reads "maybe I can help” written by Catchmekiller. Click his name and you'll be linked to a page titled "serial killer confession". A man who's blurred his face and distorted his voice. "I've decided to confess a few things," says the catchmekiller.

Catchmekiller wants thousands of people to play his game. He claims he's murdered 16 people over the last 8 years and wants to lead those who play his games to the bodies one by one. "Whenever one body is found...another clue is on and gives you one small step closer to who I am and where I am," the man claims.

In a phone interview today Drew Kesse, Jennifer's father, told FOX he's disgusted. "To me you just can't hardly get any lower than this."

While Drew Kesse thinks this is a cruel joke, there's a chance its not. "You've got to take it seriously until you can prove it any different."

Drew Kesse posted a message for catchmekiller on Jennifer's site "talk is very cheap, explain yourself, either you know something or you don’t which is it and why post here." And, Drew Kesse has a challenge for this self proclaimed serial killer, "Give some family an exact information that no one knows...an exact place...where one of these 16 is located...then we'll know you're real...we'll know this is not a game we're onto something." And until then, "Catch me killer on you tube, you really have no guts. Whoever you are come out. Be a man, cause you're not a man. You're nothing more than a punk," said Drew Kesse.

Jennifer Kesse's case has with been compared with Tara Grinstaed's case. Grinstead is a 32 year old woman missing Georgia woman. Catch me killer's first clue is on the Georgia woman's disappearance. He claims to have slit her throat. While catch me killer did not show his face. It obvious he's a white male. He has distinctive spikey hair, a goatee, and he's wearing a wedding ring.
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2009, 03:04:48 PM »

Thanks for the 411 ANJ, sounds like this person took his story from "Criminal Minds".  Interesting none the less, I will be interested if anything comes of this as this poor young woman has been gone too long!

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2009, 03:39:33 PM »

Freaky stuff    Looks like the guys youtube is down now..darn

Well I'm officially freaked out for the day. 
Well, it is Friday the 13th.   And what gives with fox - we have a pic, but what - not showing it?   

This is a screen capture of the Catchmekiller's video before it was taken off Youtube. 

Note the user Catchmekiller has now cancelled their account (or it was cancelled for them)

This is a youtube spoof done of the same video where the person has replaced with their own voice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUdOwTX21Ew

I highlighted in an attempt to bring out the face:

A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2009, 03:42:47 PM »

Thanks Klaas - looks like spiked hairstyle and nasty chin fuzz.
Sure hope someone is brave enough to contact the others who edited his video - often that stuff sticks around on a computer.  The original voice might help someone identify him!
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2009, 12:21:55 PM »

Update on this story:  http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/021309CatchMe_killer

Not buying his story, sure hope utube has provided everything necessary to find this creep.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #72 on: May 12, 2009, 04:12:38 PM »

Orlando Sentinel (Florida)
May 12, 2009 Tuesday

3 years, more than 1,000 tips -- and 1 full-time detective

It has been more than three years since Jennifer Kesse was abducted, and the search for her is at a near-standstill.

Clues come in, though investigators say they are no closer to finding her than the day she went missing.

Since Kesse disappeared, the Orlando Police Department has investigated 126 murders -- mostly of young black men -- and are still looking for killers in 40 of those cases.

The 40 unsolved murders, plus a slew of cold cases and a handful of missing-persons cases, are divided among seven detectives.

But to OPD, the Kesse case is special: One investigator is dedicated to solving it.

Detective Joel Wright shifted back to a full-time investigation to find Kesse in August not because of any one tip, but because of the mountain of leads police have received during the past three years.

Kesse's case garnered more than 1,000 tips -- almost exceeding any other case Orlando police have worked, authorities said.

"We're still poring over all of those leads," said Deputy Chief Sonya White, who oversees the Investigative Services Bureau. "I don't want to give any false indication that there is a new tip that's come in, but we're just making sure that we've satisfied all of the tips that we've received."

But cases like that of Mildred Beaubrun, an 18-year-old black woman who was shot after she refused to give her phone number to a man at a gas station last May 19, receive very few. She died several weeks later after being removed from life support.

Beaubrun's family members said that leads about her killer are scarce. Shortly after the shooting, OPD released sketches of the two men who witnesses said were involved in her murder.

Beaubrun's family said her case deserves just as much attention as Kesse's.

"It should not be an issue of the color of her skin -- it shouldn't matter if she is black, white, purple or green," said Margaret Francis, Beaubrun's aunt. "She was shot because she said no to someone who wanted her phone number."

White said race has nothing to do with OPD's allocation of investigative resources.

"What we care about is the safety of all citizens, and what we work with in investigations are leads," White said. "If we have a lead in a young black male's homicide, it's going to be followed up as diligently as if they were not black."

Months of publicity

Kesse was a 24-year-old professional, an employee at Westgate Resorts, when she vanished from her condo near the Mall at Millenia on Jan. 24, 2006. Three years later, she is one of a handful of missing, endangered adults in Orlando.

OPD has case files on all of them. Unlike the overwhelming majority of other cases, Kesse's garnered months of publicity and generated scores of leads.

"There's Crimeline, America's Most Wanted, the family's tip line, the guest book on her Web site and people who call in to the station when something runs on TV," said Wright, naming various ways the department receives tips.

Wright and an agent with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement have worked to investigate tips and oversee input of leads into a central database.

What have police learned in the past nine months? They're not saying much.

"We've positively been able to identify people who looked like suspects in the beginning and [have] cleared them," said Sgt. Roger Brennan, who oversees the homicide unit. "But we still don't know where Jennifer is."

White was hesitant to release any new information. She said an upcoming meeting between police and Kesse's family will help determine the next step.

Kesse's parents live with a mixture of agony and anticipation. So for father Drew Kesse, the full-time work by Wright brings his family hope.

"We feel very good that three years and three months later, that they still continue to investigate," he said. "They still feel that Jennifer is findable, that they aren't going to stop . . . "

More work for others

Wright's work on the Kesse case means more work for other detectives on other cases. When he was given Kesse as a full-time assignment, his other active and cold-case assignments were divided among the seven other detectives in the unit.

For the first time, OPD had to use members from the assault-and-battery unit as backup homicide detectives in some of the less-complicated cases, authorities said.

And soon, Detective Reginald Campbell will retire after 23 years with the department. His departure will leave the unit with six detectives working active cases -- the same number the unit had in 2006 when Orlando murders skyrocketed.

Barring new, substantive leads, however, Wright said he has come to a point in the Kesse case where there is little more he can do.

"I see a time, probably in the near future, where we can go back to me working murders and following up on new leads [in the Kesse case]," he said. "I want to find Jennifer more than anything else, but the odds get worse as time goes on."

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:970522268&start=3

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2009, 05:06:51 PM »

"We're still poring over all of those leads,"

DOES THIS MEAN THEY HAVE NEVER INVESTIGATED ANY LEADS WE SENT THEM ? ??

Poor Jennifer and her parents..

This is why I say make your own case file and investigate where you can on your own...

It is probably that Gary whats his name who is in prison now, he has probably murdered a lot of people over the years.. 
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2009, 05:12:27 PM »

Give me still shots of that Gary creep walking around the prison yard and I bet his step matches the step in the video still.. That step is an unusual step in my humble opinion..
I could be wrong .. I myself think it is him..
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #75 on: June 05, 2009, 07:01:19 AM »

Jennifer Kesse case: Parents see links to Ocoee woman's case
Jennifer Kesse's parents see links to the case of Tracy Ocasio, missing from Ocoee
3:18 PM EDT, June 4, 2009
The parents of missing woman Jennifer Kesse said they see connections between their daughter's disappearance and that of Ocoee woman Tracy Ocasio, according to a WESH.com report.

Drew and Joyce Kesse said their daughter, Jennifer Kesse, had gone to the Tap Room in Metro West -- the bar 27-year-old Tracy Ocasio was last seen at -- and had lived near the establishment at one time, the Web site said.

Jennifer Kesse also worked in Ocoee for four years, where a person of interest in the Tracy Ocasio case lives and where Tracy Ocasio's car was found.

"That was her old hang. That was her old neighborhood," Drew Kesse said.

However, they are reluctant to commit themselves to the theory, and add that it is not the strongest lead they have had since their daughter went missing.

"We've been on this roller coaster ride many, many times," Drew Kesse said.

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement said the possible connections between the cases are being investigated.

The Kesses met with the Orlando Police Department Thursday for a regular update on the case.

Joyce Kesse said their investigators are looking into the connections.

"Let them do their jobs and do the best we can to stay strong and stay positive," she said.

"One of these time it has to be it," Drew Kesse added.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-bk-jennifer-kesse-connection-ocoee-060409,0,6096996.story

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #76 on: June 05, 2009, 03:32:07 PM »

NEW BLINK POST:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2009/06/05/prime-suspect-in-disappearance-of-ocoee-woman-tracy-ocasio-james-hataway-linked-to-jennifer-kesse/

PRIME SUSPECT IN DISAPPEARANCE OF OCOEE WOMAN TRACY OCASIO JAMES HATAWAY LINKED TO JENNIFER KESSE
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #77 on: June 05, 2009, 03:37:24 PM »

Yes, there has been some discussion about the sex of this POI:

Just noticing the white clothes of the POI compared to the white clothes of Tyler Watters, friend of James Hataway and Onda George (missing).

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #78 on: June 05, 2009, 03:44:08 PM »

NEW BLINK POST:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2009/06/05/prime-suspect-in-disappearance-of-ocoee-woman-tracy-ocasio-james-hataway-linked-to-jennifer-kesse/

PRIME SUSPECT IN DISAPPEARANCE OF OCOEE WOMAN TRACY OCASIO JAMES HATAWAY LINKED TO JENNIFER KESSE

WOW, thanks Blink.
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #79 on: June 05, 2009, 03:47:35 PM »

The 3rd witness is in this shot. Who are also the 2 guys in the rear of Tyler Watters my space pic. They are taking a break, taking a break right after George goes missing. Hmmm

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.