April 19, 2024, 10:45:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Informant says bodies are in Arkansas woods 1 found (Sandra Givens) 9/25/08  (Read 9752 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: September 25, 2008, 03:54:11 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 05:35:42 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 03:59:02 PM »

MAP

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=Jacksonville+AR&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=title

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 05:56:05 PM »

Mmmmmmm.....I may need to change the subject of this topic ... 

Informant disclosed "as many as 15" murders, Sheriff says

The scope of an investigation that became public Wednesday with the confirmation that remains found in Jacksonville were human may have expanded greatly, Faulkner County Sheriff Karl Byrd told a crowd of reporters at a press conference Thursday.

The information is coming from an informant, Byrd confirmed, but all details of his or her identity are being withheld to protect the integrity of an investigation "that's in a very sensitive stage."

Byrd said that he could neither confirm no deny that the informant is in custody in Faulkner County or elsewhere, adding that some information leaked to the press as the situation has gained increasing media attention may have been inaccurate.

He did say that the informant, whoever or wherever he or she may be, is being carefully guarded.

Though the answer to most questions was a refusal to comment, Byrd did say that information from the informant has led FCSO to cooperate with state and federal agencies in a multi-state investigation into as many as 15 unsolved murders. Log on to thecabin.net for further updates as this situation unfolds.
http://www.thecabin.net/stories/092508/opi_0925080017.shtml

MSE
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 09:30:10 AM »

Authorities may know identity of Jacksonville body

By JOE LAMB
LOg CABIN STAFF WRITER 

Human remains found in Jacksonville as a result of an unnamed informant have been confirmed to be those of a female.

Local authorities believe to know her identity, though no name has been disclosed.   

Faulkner County Sheriff Karl Byrd said that items found at the crime scene off Cory Drive in a west Jacksonville industrial park and the remains themselves matched "a very vivid description" given by the informant.

Byrd also said investigators have also recovered "the murder weapons used on her," which were also found through information given by the informant, and found at a location separate from where the body was discovered.

Byrd could neither confirm nor deny that the informant had claimed to be responsible for the woman's death.

- Advertisement -
 According to statements from Byrd and other FCSO officials, the discovery of this body could be only the tip of an iceberg.
An ongoing multi-jurisdictional investigation involving local, state and federal agencies has the potential to bring closure to as many as 15 unsolved murders committed over the course of the last five years, Byrd said.

The name and location of the informant has not been released, nor have other details of an investigation that is ongoing and expanding in scope as investigators continue to follow leads that Byrd said are turning up "physical evidence that is going along with what our informant told us," though again he refused to disclose details that he said could hinder the investigation.

Though Byrd confirmed that information gathered from the informant pertains to as many as 15 murders of both men and women, he said later Thursday that investigators are not using the term "serial killer" and that the crimes being discussed by the informant do not immediately seem to be related to the murder of at least 10 young women in the Mid-South, many of whom were prostitutes last seen at truck stops in Oklahoma, Texas, Mississippi and Arkansas. (Staff writer Joe Lamb can be reached by e-mail at joe.lamb@thecabin.net or by phone at 505-1238. Send us your news at www.thecabin.net/submit)

http://www.thecabin.net/stories/092608/loc_0926080006.shtml
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 06:40:42 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 08:41:03 AM »

Update: Jacksonville Body Identified as Sandra Givens

Today police confirmed the body of a woman found in Jacksonville last month is a White County woman reported missing a year ago. Police found her body, in a wooded area after getting a tip from an informant.

THV has learned more about the woman Jacksonville police found dead. Sandra Givens' family tells us she was the youngest of three, and the mother of three young boys. However, the circumstances surrounding givens' murder are still unclear.

Thursday Jacksonville Police Departments Assistant Public Information Officer April Kier says they got an answer they've waited weeks for. "We have verification through the Arkansas Crime Lab, through dental records, of positive identification," says Kier.

Mid September Jacksonville police worked with Faulkner and Pulaski County authorities to follow a lead from a jail informant.
They were told where to find two bodies.

The tip turned out to be at least partially correct. Search dogs found the body of a woman in a wooded area near Jacksonville, off Corey lane. Now police say the woman was 32 year old Sandra Givens.
"The family was notified and they're taking their bereavement time," says Kier.

In a statement the givens' family wrote; "there is so much more grief to come, because of the circumstances surrounding her untimely death."

They went on to write; "Sandra was a very much loved daughter, sister, mother and friend."

Givens was reported missing from Judsonia, in White County, near nearly a year to the day from when her body was later identified.
The report says Givens was last seen here by her mother. She was leaving their house in a black Mustang, possibly heading to Little Rock.

Instead her body was found seventeen miles away. At the time of discovery, police said her body had likely been there a year.
A few days after given's body was found, police arrested George Allan Smith who they say admitted killing her.
Smith is now facing charges of capital murder. The investigation into givens death is ongoing as Jacksonville P.D works to piece together the how and the why.

The same informant who led authorities to givens' body also claims to know about 14 others. So far, police haven't released anything further on that.

Video/photos at the site
http://www.todaysthv.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=73817&catid=2

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 08:45:54 AM »

Informant is charged in Jacksonville death
Published: Thursday, October 16, 2008
JACKSONVILLE (AP) — A man who tipped police off to the location of a woman’s decomposed body found last month in Jacksonville has become the second person charged in her death.

Ronald Dale Charles, 31, faces a capital murder charge in the death of Sandra Givens, 32. Givens had been missing since last year.

George Alan Smith, 33, was charged earlier in Givens’ death, the day after her body was discovered. Smith had worked at Wright’s Cabinets, a manufacturing plant a few feet from where Givens’ body was found.

Charles is already in jail without bond on two counts of capital murder in the April 9 beating deaths of cousins Lonnie Franklin Brock, 62, and Bobby Don Brock, 45, who lived near Vilonia.

Deputies say Charles has told investigators he may have been involved in up to 15 killings in Arkansas and two other states. Detectives are investigating his claims.
http://www.guardonline.com/?q=node/48800

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.