April 25, 2024, 02:55:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marlies van der Kouwe , 24, kidnapped in Bonaire 9/21/08 -(BODY FOUND)  (Read 323724 times)
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #260 on: October 03, 2008, 12:11:30 AM »

AES, just to be clear, Marlies is the only person I know of that is missing on Bonaire. There might be more, but I haven't heard of any. I really don't follow the happenings on Bonaire at all. The others are missing from Aruba and Amy Bradley missing from a Royal Caribbean ship approaching Curacao.

I am unable to really do much more here. I know no one on Bonaire and my friends on Aruba say they do not know anyone.

Most Dutch speak English. My old GF is from Holland and she speaks perfect English.. most do. They all like to watch movies and generally speaking, only the Germans have sub-titled movies.

I do understand that the people on Bonaire have been silenced. I guess they are begging for a boycott from Holland. Most traveling to Bonaire are Americans looking for diving adventure.. so a boycott will not accomplish much. I don't think Bonaire is a travel destination for the Dutch... just Aruba and Curacao.

They really don't have anything to boycott. Americans probably will not boycott Bonaire over Marlies (sadly)... and very few people even know about her being missing. I think if it ever gets out - there will be hell to pay... and that's what they are trying to prevent / avoid on Bonaire. The comparison to Natalee will be all to obvious.

When your goal is achieved and you find Marlies - that will lead to the real problem... holding someone accountable... and the polis don't want that. It just causes a big mess that they have to live with and explain.

We have heard nothing about Marlies' last night. What happened at that bar? Who are her friends? What do they have to say? Did someone drug her?

you know - all the normal questions.

Bonaire is only so big... and if she hasn't been found yet that means they aren't trying or she is not on the island...

At some point when the van der Kouwe family realizes that the polis have done nothing they will probably try to make arrangements of their own... but it will be too late by then.

I'm not at all convinced they have the correct suspect.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
AES
Scared Monkey

« Reply #261 on: October 03, 2008, 02:09:08 AM »

Thank you for all of your information Rob, I really appreciate it. I don't understand why Marlies' disappearance is not on the news here in the US myself. I did not realize that many Dutch speak English, that is good! I agree it is odd that there is just nothing coming out about her last night and friends' accounts, as you say, and no family going to press except once that I read of.  I was glad to read that there are 60 investigators now, in one news article, but nothing is happening fast enough for Marlies' sake. If the suspect is responsible, I don't know what it will take for him to give up where he brought Marlies.   
johan555
Monkey Junky

hay welkom here !!!

« Reply #262 on: October 03, 2008, 06:46:00 AM »

Herbert Domacasse : we will find her alive

KRALENDIJK  - The authority of Bonaire, Herbert Domacasse, has every confidence that the case surrounding the disappearance of Marlies van der Kouwe is resolved.

Domacasse said Wednesday there is no doubt that the more than fifty detectives, agents and other stakeholders who are looking for the missing 24-year-old trainee will find her alive.

Van der Kouwe disappeared in the night from Saturday to Sunday. The police then searched intensively to the woman. There are still no results of the search disclosed.

According Domacasse, the population of the island very involved. He stated, very hopeful''to be. If there are no quick results are achieved, local politicians fear that the case can become, half Natalee Holloway case''. The authorities want to avoid all possible ways.

Wanneer domme mensen domme dingen beweren, dan moet je ze niet corrigeren, maar glimlachend gelijk geven.

http://www.nataleeholloway.smfnew.com/index.php
johan555
Monkey Junky

hay welkom here !!!

« Reply #263 on: October 03, 2008, 07:12:16 AM »

The 41st Bonaire Sailing Regatta  will start on Sunday
Bonaire regatta

International Sailing Regatta 2008> http://www.bonaireregatta.org/index.html

POLL:  Do they have to cancel this regatta ?
          Is Bonaire also 1 happy island ?

Wanneer domme mensen domme dingen beweren, dan moet je ze niet corrigeren, maar glimlachend gelijk geven.

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #264 on: October 03, 2008, 09:44:41 AM »

Just got off the phone with Jos Klaren and have some minor news. I think his first name is actually spelled "Joos", and there was a typo in the paper the other day, but maybe I'm wrong.

Marlies not yet found.

Suspect RP will be held another 30 days as ruled by the Judge of Instruction yesterday. Appears to be some evidence that will confine him for the max length at this stage. This evidence MIGHT be the words of the witness stating that RP wanted to wash his clothes, but I do not know for sure. They would not share that with me.

Judge of Instruction still unknown. Klaren says he doesn't know who that Judge actually is.

Judge is from Curacao so this could be Smid. I do not know who it is, just making the point.[/b]

Mr and Mrs van der Kouwe are having moments of despair. They are trying to hang in there, but it's very difficult - as we can all imagine. They are still on the island.

Klaren would not comment on the words of Domacasse last Wednesday and there is no indication that Marlies is alive at this time.

There will be a larger search today possibly using the cadaver dogs, if needed.

That's pretty much it.

9:44 AM EST 10-3-2008

+++

johan555
Monkey Junky

hay welkom here !!!

« Reply #265 on: October 03, 2008, 09:57:59 AM »

Just got off the phone with Jos Klaren and have some minor news. I think his first name is actually spelled "Joos", and there was a typo in the paper the other day, but maybe I'm wrong.

Marlies not yet found.

Suspect RP will be held another 30 days as ruled by the Judge of Instruction yesterday. Appears to be some evidence that will confine him for the max length at this stage. This evidence MIGHT be the words of the witness stating that RP wanted to wash his clothes, but I do not know for sure. They would not share that with me.

Judge of Instruction still unknown. Klaren says he doesn't know who that Judge actually is.

Judge is from Curacao so this could be Smid. I do not know who it is, just making the point.[/b]

Mr and Mrs van der Kouwe are having moments of despair. They are trying to hang in there, but it's very difficult - as we can all imagine. They are still on the island.

Klaren would not comment on the words of Domacasse last Wednesday and there is no indication that Marlies is alive at this time.

That's pretty much it.

thanks Rob
his name is Jos, it is  a Dutch name
i don't understand this:
"Klaren says he doesn't know who that Judge actually is"
because a Judge must give permission to keep him(Ryan) in jail
And is rayan saying anything ?
Or is he keeping his mouth shut ?

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #266 on: October 03, 2008, 10:01:55 AM »

Thank you for all of your information Rob, I really appreciate it. I don't understand why Marlies' disappearance is not on the news here in the US myself. I did not realize that many Dutch speak English, that is good! I agree it is odd that there is just nothing coming out about her last night and friends' accounts, as you say, and no family going to press except once that I read of.  I was glad to read that there are 60 investigators now, in one news article, but nothing is happening fast enough for Marlies' sake. If the suspect is responsible, I don't know what it will take for him to give up where he brought Marlies.   

AES - it's not in the news here because of the election, the big financial bail out, and Marlies is not an American. Not a good combo for someone missing. I'm not sure how much any US authority or agency could or would do... it would be very little in my opinion.

Greta is not talking about crime at all anymore... and Nancy Grace has Caylee's case to worry about. There is only so much time dedicated to these issues.

+++

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #267 on: October 03, 2008, 10:07:34 AM »

thanks Rob
his name is Jos, it is  a Dutch name
i don't understand this:
"Klaren says he doesn't know who that Judge actually is"
because a Judge must give permission to keep him(Ryan) in jail
And is rayan saying anything ?
Or is he keeping his mouth shut ?

you're welcome Johan..

Klaren said he did not know his name. Abramhams told me the same thing last week.    I would think they both would know... but who knows.

I'm not sure if RP is talking and I did not ask. Klaren would just say that is part of the investigation and he can not share that.

+++

johan555
Monkey Junky

hay welkom here !!!

« Reply #268 on: October 03, 2008, 10:08:04 AM »

Tunnel-visionThe police play an important role in the criminal justice system - they are the principal investigators of crime and the main source of the evidence used by the prosecution to secure a conviction. Since the police play such an important role in our system, it is not surprising that how the police investigation is conducted greatly affects the outcome of the trial.

A significant element that has been identified in many cases of wrongful conviction is tunnel-vision in the police investigation. Tunnel-vision refers to a situation where the police become convinced of the guilt of a particular suspect, and in focusing on that suspect ignore other legitimate avenues of investigation. When tunnel-vision occurs, the police will focus on evidence that implicates the suspect they have focused on, while discounting evidence that may indicate the innocence of that suspect (also known as "confirmation bias"). In addition, in some cases police misconduct and illegality contributes to the problem.

Tunnel-vision tends to arise most often in the context of particularly heinous crimes, where there is a high level of public pressure on the police to secure a suspect. This intense pressure can force the police to prioritize efficiency over procedure, and in the process mistakes are made.

Tunnel-vision can also arise in a number of other ways. For example, police may tend to focus on an individual in the area who is known to have a prior criminal record (or is otherwise already known to the police). Since this individual has committed wrongdoing in the past, it is easy to assume that they are likely to be responsible for the current crime being investigated.

It bears mentioning to say that police do not necessarily engage in willful misconduct in cases of tunnel-vision. On the contrary, police are interested in apprehending the right suspect - the conviction of an innocent person is not their goal. Confirmation bias is a natural human desire to prove our theories correct. However, given its known role in wrongful convictions, it is necessary to examine the phenomenon and attempt to develop procedures that will minimize the likelihood of its occurrence.

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #269 on: October 03, 2008, 12:37:49 PM »

I'm going to call Bonaire again in the morning. Don't expect too much. I'll call only twice a week at the most now... doesn't make much sense to call too often to hear the same things over and over.

++++

On another note... when the KLPD forensic team had the bio-suits on (picture posted by Johan on the last page), you would have to think there was a reason and they have the poles for the tents and the other gear there.

The sniffer dogs led them somewhere I am told, but they keep saying they found nothing. It seems like a lot of work to put the bio-suits on, get all the other equipment (tents and forensics) all together and poof - nothing.

The only difference that I see here is there are no Aru-Bay tapes and no stooges painting over a red substance.

It makes no sense to do all that unless you have an indication there is a crime scene or a dead body. No one suits up until the body has been found. No one takes those precautions until there is a reason. This case may go into the realm of the conspiracy theorists due to the photos taken and the secrecy of the BLE and KLPD.

** I am told there are actual cadaver dogs on the island - these are not drug dogs.

thanks Rob...I agree with you...why suit up if there has been nothing found?? ..I find it interesting that this small island has cadaver dogs....didn't they ahve to be brought in to Aruba...or is my poor old mind just failing me

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
johan555
Monkey Junky

hay welkom here !!!

« Reply #270 on: October 03, 2008, 12:39:26 PM »

KRALENDIJK -
 The 24-year-old Ryan Pieters, who is suspected of the abduction of Marlies van der Kouwe, certainly still remains eight days in custody. That the police has announced.

Jos Klaren officer said on Friday that the bag of Marlies has not  been found yet.

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #271 on: October 03, 2008, 12:39:44 PM »

Does anyone know if regarding the person-of-interest named above, if a K9 worked this person's scent at the place where Ms van der Kouwe was last seen?  If so, IF his scent was there and followed, along with also working Marlies scent, the two trails would be the same (if he indeed had something to do with Ms. van der Kouwe's disappearance).  If it was NOT him, then there would be a negative indication given in that area.  The same thing could be done for the person-of-interest's vehicle ... it could be checked for Ms. van der Kouwe's scent (if she was put in his vehicle, or taken in his home, or the scooter, etc.)

Good morning, monkeys, coming out of lurk mode to say I concur with this and can't imagine what is going on with these dogs as they are working in a very small area where Marlies was seen being taken.

Then I remembered the big show search at the Sloot compound, limited to Joran's shed, and how it turned out Aruba did not have any real Search and Rescue dogs and were just using a drug sniffer for show.  Same with those ridiculous biohazard suits worn at the time by a few after a family of five had been living in the house for 16 days prior to search.

With the Dutch involved, surely these are truly Search and Rescue dogs trained to follow a human scent?  If so, there should be little to no problem with their doing so.  Same for finding the missing car that may or may not still be black.

There is something very wrong with the use of the dogs in this search.  They should be far more helpful and successful than this.  I wonder if they belong to the local LE or came with the Dutch because if local, they may be trained only to sniff for drugs as the ones used to "search" for Natalee originally were.

Have to wonder if TPTB have once again decided it's better to have a missing person that an arrest and prosecution.  Wrong!  And I am sad and angry that time was wasted when she was first taken and still known to be alive.  Guess that's what happens when politicians hire their buddies instead of competent LE?  Or is the idea, yet again, to NOT find her? 

Just my opinion, of course.

hi ANNA!   Good to see you and your well thought out posts!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #272 on: October 03, 2008, 12:45:01 PM »

Marlies not yet found.

That's pretty much it.

thanks Rob....

Rest in Peace Caylee

johan555
Monkey Junky

hay welkom here !!!

« Reply #273 on: October 03, 2008, 01:54:32 PM »

Jan van der Straten has "served" two years on Bonaire .
Since 1 Aug 2008  the new chief Johan Schagen.

Bonaire will after the political changes become part of the BES-corps (Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba). This corps is still not and will be built from scratch.

Van Straten on Bonaire :

On Bonaire PVV'er Brinkman would have been arrested

Jan van der Straten of Bonaire would PVV 'er Chamber Hero Brinkman arrested as he nasty things about the Antilles on the island would have said.

Brinkman, according to Van der Straten not hampered by any knowledge of the Antilles and his gaze is therefore someone with a vision duct.
Everywhere are criminals and also in the Netherlands there is such a thing as official corruption.

And if his rulings on Bonaire would have done, then the Bonairiaanse police have made an attempt to keep him for insulting a people part.

Van der Straten believes that the Party for Freedom Bonairiaan know how the queen has in his heart. And that deep-seated, revealed during the state visit of Beatrix last year.

johan555
Monkey Junky

hay welkom here !!!

« Reply #274 on: October 03, 2008, 01:56:10 PM »

January 9, 2008
Plans against crime on Bonaire

Bonaire is going to enormous efforts in 2008 to fight crime in 2008. Thus, in order to head home burglaries in the press. But there also is working to reduce drug trafficking and nuisance in the neighborhoods. Also there are more targeted checks on the behavior in traffic, especially speeding and there will be a tit-for-tat policy for domestic violence. In addition, there is action taken to reduce crime against tourists, police in the deployment of cruise ship visits and extra effort to inconvenience in the center of Kralendijk.

For these actions to realize Bonaire gets money from the Netherlands Antilles Safety Plan. Yet this is still nite enough and there is a shortage of 20-25 policemen and that is about 25% of the total workforce.

Also this year there will be a new chief come. There is already a candidate and the end of this month, the name of his successor announced.

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #275 on: October 03, 2008, 02:34:07 PM »

Sunny, I think I read that the cadaver dogs arrived with the KLPD. When I call next time I will ask.

I am pretty sure they do not have a forensics lab on Bonaire and the evidence (should any be found) has to be sent to Curacao.

Interesting that the evidence was sent to Holland in Natalee's case and not Curacao.

My personal opinion here - this case will now drag out. The polis have 30 days to find some evidence or Marlies... or it will, in all likelihood, be over.

You all know how these things go. No body / No case. The statements of the suspect(s) alone are not enough and the statements need to be backed by evidence. It is to Ryan Pieters' advantage to talk and talk a lot. To change his declarations daily. To lie and change his lies the following day.

So far, all I see is a scooter with muddy tires and a 16 year old declaring that Ryan Pieters wanted to wash his clothes on the night in question.

Één getuige is géén getuige.

+++

johan555
Monkey Junky

hay welkom here !!!

« Reply #276 on: October 03, 2008, 03:15:08 PM »

31 October, 2007
Robbers arrested in Bonaire

On Bonaire ten arrests were made yesterday during a major police operation. The suspects would have been broken into apartments, hotels and homes, but also in cars to dive locations. The Antillean Minister of Economic Affairs Elvis Tjin-Asjoe was two weeks ago the alarm bell on Bonaire because the number of attacks on tourists had increased fairly.

The Antillean Minister Tjin-Asjoe themselves from Bonaire, worried about the robberies because of holiday tourism is the main source of income is on Bonaire.

johan555
Monkey Junky

hay welkom here !!!

« Reply #277 on: October 03, 2008, 03:16:57 PM »

johan555
Monkey Junky

hay welkom here !!!

« Reply #278 on: October 03, 2008, 03:20:54 PM »

Bonaire is a transit port for drugs

Bonaire threatens more and more a transit of drugs in the Dutch Antilles to be said Jan van der Straaten, Police on Bonaire in the Antillean newspaper Amigoe.

According to Van der Straaten Bonaire is an alternate possibility to be for the import and export of drugs and he has enough evidence. Van der Straaten is currently in the Netherlands for a working visit. Van der Straaten wants the Coast Guard of the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba will get a foothold on Bonaire. Now that is only the case in Aruba and St. Maarten. The Coast Guard is a collaboration between the Dutch Antilles, Aruba and the Netherlands and the fight against drugs is one of the main tasks of this organization. According to Van der Straaten, the control is not confined to the airport of Bonaire, but more towards supply and transit by sea.

Source: Telegraaf.nl

johan555
Monkey Junky

hay welkom here !!!

« Reply #279 on: October 03, 2008, 03:54:38 PM »

more about vd Straten ex police chief on Aruba and Bonaire

Jan van der Straten- lead investigator for the Aruba Police Department and close friend of Paulus van der Sloot

Jan van der Straten's role as lead investigator in the first two months of the Natalee Holloway case demonstrates the obvious conflicts of interest found in the Aruba investigation. Van der Straten was, by Paulus van der Sloot's own public admission, a "close friend" of Van der Sloot.

Van der Straten would have been very instrumental in the decision not to arrest the three main suspects in Natalee's disappearance until 10 days after she vanished, even though he knew almost immediately that they lied about dropping the Alabama teen off at the Holiday Inn.

Van der Straten would have also been involved in the decision to arrest two black security guards on June 5, 2005 which in effect prolonged the time given to the three suspects to cover their tracks and eliminate any evidence that should have been collected immediately upon the discovery of the Holiday Inn lie.

Van der Straten stated to Dutch media on June 12, 2005 that he believed Natalee was no longer alive and when asked by the reporter why he would make such a comment he responded, "Because I know the evidence and you don't." Interestingly, two years later the lead investigator has never explained what that evidence is.

He also made comment months after he retired and moved to the neighboring island of Bonaire that the case should have been solved early on but that there were "people who didn't want to cooperate." Since suspects rarely cooperate, Van der Straten had to have been talking about a corrupt Aruban government and Dutch judiciary.

Any high-ranking official with such a close relationship to a suspect's parent should have recused himself or alternately been forced off the case, but this is Aruba, a country in the grip of Mafia control who never saw a conflict of interest they didn't like.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.