April 26, 2024, 04:16:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marlies van der Kouwe , 24, kidnapped in Bonaire 9/21/08 -(BODY FOUND)  (Read 323737 times)
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #660 on: November 14, 2008, 07:39:57 PM »

Thank you Johan and Everyone here for creating such a wonder tribute to Marlies.  You can imagine my surprise coming to SM today after so long and finding that she has special place here.

Her death was so tragic.  And it was so very hard on all of her loved ones and friends.  Blessings and Peace to them all.  May Justice be swift and firm to hopefully skeer perps from committing senseless crimes like this.

Scandi

Just reading and catching up on Marlies.  I agree with you Scandi.  This is so tragic and I feel so sad for her family.  Thanks Johan, EU, Bastibro  and others for keeping us informed on Marlies and also the "animal" who ended her life in such a cruel way. 

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #661 on: November 18, 2008, 07:02:47 PM »

Hi Blue Moon,

It is even more sad than sad for me as I have posted alongside one of Marlies relatives for over a year and a half now.  For such tragedy to strike so close to home, it hurts. 

Wr are Sleuthers and study crimes to hopefully find the last few pieces of the puzzle.  We never expect to find our fellow Sleuthers caught in the grips of such a tragedy.

I also wanted to say I have never read such a moving account of a Memorial service as I read here from Johan.  It was beautifully composed Johan and I thank you very much for that.  xox

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #662 on: November 25, 2008, 07:37:44 PM »

on Bonaire: two police officers are fired and one got a warning.

http://www.nos.nl/nosjournaal/artikelen/2008/11/26/moordzaakbonaireagentenontslagen.html

they acted too slow after the first report of her disappearance.
the police officiers didn't take the first report serious and thought it was a personal matter (that she was just having a argument with someone).

Cageman
Scared Monkey

« Reply #663 on: December 10, 2008, 09:19:16 AM »

As the father of Marlies, I also want to thank all the contributors for their efforts to bring some clearance in the case of the murder of my daughter. I really was emotionally impressed to read all your sympathetic remarks.

From the very beginning, even before it was separated from the main thread about Natalee, I followed this thread. In contradiction of what was assumed by some members I had a full access to the internet and to my email accounts. By no way we were asked or even influenced by police or government to stay clear of the press or the public. I wish to state here it was our very own decision to stay away from public appearances. Not because we disliked the press or media but because we wanted to mourn in silence.

I want to apologize not having answered some of your mails. I knew you wanted to help us. But I was also aware of what the police was doing on Bonaire and from my knowledge as a forensic doctor  (a job I did before I became a general practitioner in Assen) I knew what the the Dutch police was capable of. And I trusted the way they were trying to get the crime solved. But because I didn't want to get involved in discussions I ignored all your mails. (For example discussions about the lost first 36 hours.) My apologies!

I really had a laugh reading we were supposed to be rich. Well, I wish we possess that villa on that aerial photograph. We do not, however! We are a middleclass family and live in the city of Assen in a normal middleclass house. I sure want to know how people came up with this story and with that particular photograph.

At this moment even for us there are a lot of questions unanswered yet. I suppose the police knows a lot more but even last week I heard the forensic report wasn't ready. Maybe strange to you but we didn't want to know all the details about the investigation. As I mentioned before, I know a lot about forensic medicine and by not getting too much information I hoped I could protect myself and my family. Mentally. As you can imagine this was only partially possible.

Sure it was horrible what we had to deal with. But we keep having a warm feeling about the island and the inhabitants of Bonaire. They really helped us in our grief...
I've read a lot of negative remarks about the Dutch Antilles. Some of them did hurt! Because we knew there was an other side of the stories being told here. Of course everyone has his own experiences but I want to ask not being too quick in giving imho biased remarks.

I furthermore can tell that Tuesday 17th of February 2009 R.P will be prosecuted in the court of justice on Bonaire. Than we hope to get all the answers and get the puzzle resolved!

Jan Willem van der Kouwe

PS My nickname Cageman comes from: Kouwe = kooiman (Dutch) = cageman (English)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #664 on: December 10, 2008, 10:14:18 AM »

Welcome Cageman
vms
Monkey Junky

« Reply #665 on: December 10, 2008, 10:14:31 AM »

Thanks for posting and setting the record straight, Cageman.

I hope you get all remaining questions answered and I'm terribly sorry for your loss.

"A horse! a horse! My kingdom for a horse!"
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #666 on: December 10, 2008, 10:17:08 AM »

Mr. van der Kouwe - my sincere sympathies on the loss of your lovely daughter Marlies. I will keep you and your family in my prayers this holiday season and I hope God brings you the peace you seek.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #667 on: December 10, 2008, 02:01:24 PM »

Thank you Cageman, and welcome to Scared Monkeys!

My sincere condolences to you and your family.  I was truly touched by the outpouring of love and sympathy from the people of Bonaire when I read summaries and viewed video of Marlies memorial service.  I can understand your feelings for the people and the island of Bonaire and it is so nice to hear how they helped you in your grief.  I will keep your family in my prayers, I know that the coming days of the trial will be very hard for you. 

God bless you and yours.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #668 on: December 10, 2008, 04:59:41 PM »

Prayers for all of you....such a loss.

Hopefully, your daughter's legacy will be a more urgent response for future calls for help.
bastibro
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #669 on: December 15, 2008, 02:12:15 PM »

As the father of Marlies, I also want to thank all the contributors for their efforts to bring some clearance in the case of the murder of my daughter. I really was emotionally impressed to read all your sympathetic remarks.

From the very beginning, even before it was separated from the main thread about Natalee, I followed this thread. In contradiction of what was assumed by some members I had a full access to the internet and to my email accounts. By no way we were asked or even influenced by police or government to stay clear of the press or the public. I wish to state here it was our very own decision to stay away from public appearances. Not because we disliked the press or media but because we wanted to mourn in silence.

I want to apologize not having answered some of your mails. I knew you wanted to help us. But I was also aware of what the police was doing on Bonaire and from my knowledge as a forensic doctor  (a job I did before I became a general practitioner in Assen) I knew what the the Dutch police was capable of. And I trusted the way they were trying to get the crime solved. But because I didn't want to get involved in discussions I ignored all your mails. (For example discussions about the lost first 36 hours.) My apologies!

I really had a laugh reading we were supposed to be rich. Well, I wish we possess that villa on that aerial photograph. We do not, however! We are a middleclass family and live in the city of Assen in a normal middleclass house. I sure want to know how people came up with this story and with that particular photograph.

At this moment even for us there are a lot of questions unanswered yet. I suppose the police knows a lot more but even last week I heard the forensic report wasn't ready. Maybe strange to you but we didn't want to know all the details about the investigation. As I mentioned before, I know a lot about forensic medicine and by not getting too much information I hoped I could protect myself and my family. Mentally. As you can imagine this was only partially possible.

Sure it was horrible what we had to deal with. But we keep having a warm feeling about the island and the inhabitants of Bonaire. They really helped us in our grief...
I've read a lot of negative remarks about the Dutch Antilles. Some of them did hurt! Because we knew there was an other side of the stories being told here. Of course everyone has his own experiences but I want to ask not being too quick in giving imho biased remarks.

I furthermore can tell that Tuesday 17th of February 2009 R.P will be prosecuted in the court of justice on Bonaire. Than we hope to get all the answers and get the puzzle resolved!

Jan Willem van der Kouwe

PS My nickname Cageman comes from: Kouwe = kooiman (Dutch) = cageman (English)

Thanks Jan Willem, May God bless you and your family.

never lift the pressure of evil island
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #670 on: December 21, 2008, 12:46:14 PM »

suspect Siegmar M. has escaped from jail in Bonaire.
http://www.nu.nl/algemeen/1888604/verdachte-zaak-marlies-van-der-kouwe-ontsnapt.html

prime suspect Ryan P. still in jail on Curaçao.

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #671 on: December 21, 2008, 03:07:14 PM »

Murder suspect breaks out of Bonaire jail

Published: Sunday 21 December 2008 17:26 UTC
Last updated: Sunday 21 December 2008 17:27 UTC

One of the suspects in the murder of a Dutch woman in Bonaire has escaped from prison along with another inmate. Police could not say how or when they had broken out. Chemist's assistant Marlies van der Kouwe, 24, disappeared in late September from her house on Bonaire. Her body was found a month later at a garbage dump. The main suspect in the case, who has confessed to the murder, is being held at a prison in Curaçao. It is not yet clear how the escaped inmate was exactly involved in the case.

http://www.radionetherlands.nl/news/zijlijn/6104629/Murder-suspect-breaks-out-of-Bonaire-jail

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #672 on: December 21, 2008, 03:16:04 PM »

Thanks for the news and update caesu!  I wonder where they got the garbage dump info.  I remember a garbage dump being searched but that wasn't where they found her.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #673 on: December 21, 2008, 03:21:01 PM »

Isn't this the same one that tried to commit suicide in jail?

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #674 on: December 21, 2008, 03:22:10 PM »

WE HAVE THIS MOMENT

Tender words, gentle touch and a good cup of coffee
And someone who loves me and wants me to stay
Hold them dear while they’re near don’t wait for tomorrow
To look back and wish for today.

We have this moment to hold in our hands
And to touch as it slips through our fingers like sand
Yesterday's gone and tomorrow may never come
But we have this moment, today.

Bill and Gloria Gaither

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Cageman
Scared Monkey

« Reply #675 on: December 21, 2008, 03:37:20 PM »

Thanks for the news and update caesu!  I wonder where they got the garbage dump info.  I remember a garbage dump being searched but that wasn't where they found her.
Both remarks are right.
Isn't it a special coincidence that exactly three months ago, also on a Saturdaynight 20th/21st, Marlies was pulled off her bicycle?
bastibro
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #676 on: December 21, 2008, 08:18:29 PM »

Failure again in the murdercase of Marlies van der Kouwe. One of the suspects escaped from the house of detention.
It is Sigmar M. He is the one who got rid of the body of Marlies.

The main suspect in the murder-Ryan P. - is still solid.

never lift the pressure of evil island
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #677 on: December 21, 2008, 11:44:25 PM »

Both remarks are right.
Isn't it a special coincidence that exactly three months ago, also on a Saturdaynight 20th/21st, Marlies was pulled off her bicycle?

Yes, it is Cageman.   

I hope the suspect is captured again soon, and causes no harm to himself or others!  I want him to stand trial for what he's done, and be punished accordingly.

johan555
Monkey Junky

hay welkom here !!!

« Reply #678 on: December 22, 2008, 03:33:40 AM »

ma 22 dec 2008, 08:06
Medeverdachte van moord op Marlies ontsnapt
door John van den Heuvel en Bert Huisjes) -  Na een succesvol onderzoek staat de politie op Bonaire sinds gisteren weer deels met lege handen in de moordzaak van Marlies van der Kouwe: een zeer belangrijke verdachte kon gisteren ontsnappen.

Marlies van der Kouwe
Foto: ANP

De verdachte Siegmar Marchena verdween op klassieke wijze. De tralies van zijn cel bleken te zijn doorgezaagd. De Nederlandse bewaarders vonden gisterochtend een lege cel, met slechts enkele verbogen tralies. Marchena zat samen met hoofdverdachte Rayan Pieters (24) vast voor de dood van de apothekersassistente Marlies van der Kouwe. De 19-jarige geldt als een belangrijke medeverdachte. Hij wordt ervan verdacht de moordenaar en ontvoerder van Marlies van der Kouwe te hebben geholpen om haar lichaam te verbergen en te verbranden. Marchena bleek te zijn opgesloten in een cel, met de gedetineerde Rudolf Engelhart, die juist bekend stond als zeer vluchtgevaarlijk. Deze zware jongen bijgenaamd 'de boeienkoning' wist al diverse malen ontsnappen. De gevangenen werden sinds kort juist bewaakt door Nederlands personeel uit angst voor ontsnappingen.

Hoewel Bonaire een klein eiland is, slaagde er een uitbreker in bijna twee jaar uit handen van de politie te blijven, door zich terug te trekken in de vele grotten op het eiland. Hij kreeg voedsel, drinken en medicijnen van vrienden en bekenden.

Wanneer domme mensen domme dingen beweren, dan moet je ze niet corrigeren, maar glimlachend gelijk geven.

http://www.nataleeholloway.smfnew.com/index.php
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #679 on: December 22, 2008, 09:18:26 AM »

ma 22 dec 2008, 08:06
Medeverdachte van moord op Marlies ontsnapt
door John van den Heuvel en Bert Huisjes) -  Na een succesvol onderzoek staat de politie op Bonaire sinds gisteren weer deels met lege handen in de moordzaak van Marlies van der Kouwe: een zeer belangrijke verdachte kon gisteren ontsnappen.

Marlies van der Kouwe
Foto: ANP

De verdachte Siegmar Marchena verdween op klassieke wijze. De tralies van zijn cel bleken te zijn doorgezaagd. De Nederlandse bewaarders vonden gisterochtend een lege cel, met slechts enkele verbogen tralies. Marchena zat samen met hoofdverdachte Rayan Pieters (24) vast voor de dood van de apothekersassistente Marlies van der Kouwe. De 19-jarige geldt als een belangrijke medeverdachte. Hij wordt ervan verdacht de moordenaar en ontvoerder van Marlies van der Kouwe te hebben geholpen om haar lichaam te verbergen en te verbranden. Marchena bleek te zijn opgesloten in een cel, met de gedetineerde Rudolf Engelhart, die juist bekend stond als zeer vluchtgevaarlijk. Deze zware jongen bijgenaamd 'de boeienkoning' wist al diverse malen ontsnappen. De gevangenen werden sinds kort juist bewaakt door Nederlands personeel uit angst voor ontsnappingen.

Hoewel Bonaire een klein eiland is, slaagde er een uitbreker in bijna twee jaar uit handen van de politie te blijven, door zich terug te trekken in de vele grotten op het eiland. Hij kreeg voedsel, drinken en medicijnen van vrienden en bekenden.

Google translation:

Mon 22 December, 2008, 08:06
Suspect in murder of fellow Marlies escapes
by John van den Heuvel and Bert Cottage) - After a successful investigation, the police on Bonaire since yesterday again partly with empty hands in the murder of Marlies van der Kouw: a key suspect could escape yesterday.

The suspect Siegmar Marchena disappeared classical manner. The bars of his cell were found to have been sawn. The Dutch guards were yesterday morning an empty cell, with only a few bent bars. Marchena Saturday along with prime suspect Rayan Pieters (24) for the death of the Marlies van der apothekersassistente Kouw. The 19-year-old as an important co-defendant. He is the suspected murderer and kidnapper of Marlies van der Kouw to have helped to hide her body and burn it. Marchena appeared to have been imprisoned in a cell with the detainee Rudolf Engel Hart, which is known as very vluchtgevaarlijk. This bad boy nicknamed 'the king buoys' already knew several times to escape. The prisoners were recently surveyed by Dutch right personnel for fear of escapes.

Although a small island of Bonaire is a jailbreaker succeeded in nearly two years out of the hands of the police to remain there, to retreat in the many caves on the island. He got food, drink and medicines from friends and acquaintances.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.