April 25, 2024, 06:50:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marlies van der Kouwe , 24, kidnapped in Bonaire 9/21/08 -(BODY FOUND)  (Read 323706 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #720 on: February 17, 2009, 05:29:16 PM »

My thoughts and prayers are with Marlies' family; I can only imagine what they have experienced today.  I pray that God will give them the strength to get through this.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #721 on: February 17, 2009, 06:05:55 PM »

I wish we had the deadpenalty for some cases here.

I hope the punk`ll hang himself in prison!

With his hand in his pocket...as a message and deterrent to others!!!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #722 on: February 18, 2009, 12:25:29 AM »

2/18/2009 Awe Mainta Page 11

http://awemainta.com/home/

Papiamentu translation:

parents of marlies v.d. kouwe was present yesterday morning in corte

willemstad - yesterday morning 9’or corte of husticia at boneiru owing to cuminsa cu tratamento of the caso of ministerio publico contra the sospechoso ryan pietersz, that t’e sospechoso principal in the caso of asesinato of the young lady dutch marlies van der kouwe. the caso here have all atencion of tanto medionan of comunicacion of bonaire y sobra islands of antilles because; also one interest much big of part of medionan of comunicacion of the netherlands. among tanto the family of the victima also owing to arrive bonaire for follow the caso here in sitting-room of corte cu is situa in fort oranje at kralendijk. they was in contacto end cu the fiscal of ministerio publico cu have the caso here at his encargo that is mr. van delft. the fiscal owing to tell prensa cu owing to give family of marlies van der kouwe the atencion necesario y owing to adverti they cu tratamento of the caso here will maybe enough pisa for they. this for motibo cu will repasá exactly kico owing to happen cu marlies van der kouwe during the ultimo oranan of his life. this will maybe the part more painful y penoso p’e family during tratamento of the caso here cu will last all the day of today. fiscal mr. van delft is calcula cu in oranan of yesterday tardi the will can have the caso here totalmente tratá in corte.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #723 on: February 18, 2009, 12:29:52 AM »

2/18/2009 Awe Mainta Page 11

http://awemainta.com/home/

Papiamentu translation:

mother of ryan do not comprondé pakico his child owing to kill marlies

willemstad - do not let doubt cu p’e family of the sospechoso principal the day of yesterday was duro for they also although cu ryan is at life still thing do not count ; more for marlies. prensa dutch owing to demostra enough interest in family of the sospechoso y owing to talk among another cu mother of ryan. madam virginia is tell cu till today the not can compronde kico can owing to happen his child on the day fateful. the mother of ryan not was in sitting-room of corte for follow the caso here for motibo cu his salud not owing to permiti esey. madam virginia owing to tell some journalist cu owing to talk cune cu the is lamenta inmensamente the thing owing to happen y cu the parents of marlies owing to lose they child muher of the form here. according madam virginia his child ryan was because; child enough wild y was haci much cos of mala-mucha, but nothing for of hand, simplemente cosnan cu all child of the same edad here also owing to arrive of haci. but madam virginia is ask for not bad interpreta his words already cu ryan not was one young bon-mucha, but the not was one bad young niether. madam virginia is tell also cu past owing to arise 4 son cu good educacion. for such motibo the not can compronde con come ryan owing to come hañé in problem. as we owing to tell end have one interest big p’e caso here y the sitting-room of corte in fort oranje is demasiado chiquito y for such motibo owing to dicidi of muda p’e sitting-room of meeting of conseho insular in edificio of passangrahan, caminda can acomoda mucho more tanto person.

johan555
Monkey Junky

hay welkom here !!!

« Reply #724 on: February 18, 2009, 10:36:37 AM »

Wanneer domme mensen domme dingen beweren, dan moet je ze niet corrigeren, maar glimlachend gelijk geven.

http://www.nataleeholloway.smfnew.com/index.php
johan555
Monkey Junky

hay welkom here !!!

« Reply #725 on: February 18, 2009, 11:06:45 AM »

Dutch fought several times with Rayan Pieters

by John van den Heuvel and Bert Huisjes

Kralendijk (Bonaire), Wednesday
        The 24-year-old Marlies van der Kouwe in the last hours of her life fighting for her life. After a fight they also offered to a knee injury of her later killer, either.
         It was very painful moments, in which dozens of island residents yesterday listened breathless to suspect Rayan Pieters.
               Pieters outlined a robbery in September resulted in a prolonged abduction of the Dutch Marlies not survived. "After I had taken, she has given me 150 guilders. I wanted her to leave, but she begged me for her to take. Then we drove back. "
         Pieters said yesterday that he repeatedly with Marlies "fluid". First in her apartment, where he meetrok on his scooter. "I fell on my knee, and she later offered to those wound care. I can not allow, I said. "
        Later they would still have fierce opposition. "They had given me money, I also wanted her bag."
        Pieters, that he gave her the chance to escape. "I'm into the bushes to pee," he said. "But they continued along the road, while the scooter next to her stood. They just came to me in the bushes crying and asked if I wanted her to bring the airport. "
        In the process ran Pieters yesterday repeatedly found in his statements. Thus he at that time "with her to fight." It was her hand on his throat having, and he seized her by the throat. "I did not want to return to prison, she had recognized me on my tattoos", said Pieters.

According to Justice, there is kidnapping, rape and manslaughter to avoid detection. Prosecutor David van Delft demanded life imprisonment. "He has three hours Marlies have. It may be that they are not without incidents overgaf is that they literally fought for her life. He wurgde her and it was not about a bag, "said Van Delft.
         A 19-year-old neighbor, Kucho, said the police later that Rayan him away the next day to her. "Her face was swollen and full of bruises. She was dressed regardless. "Then they flooded her with gasoline and lit her on fire. The family Van der Kouwe heard in the still.
        Pieters itself that he never raped their daughter and his neighbor he never helped. The judge described his criminal career already on his tenth began with a first sexual offenses on his eleventh. Justice said yesterday a "psychopath" and a "danger to society."

Decision in two weeks

Wanneer domme mensen domme dingen beweren, dan moet je ze niet corrigeren, maar glimlachend gelijk geven.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #726 on: February 18, 2009, 06:55:41 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_52918.php

Google translation:

Officer criticizes silent front
18 Feb, 2009, 14:30 (GMT -04:00)

Email this article
  Print this article

The parents and brother of Marlies for Pasangrahan, where the trial was held.

WILLEM CITY - All of those four weeks that was sought to Marlies van der Kouwen have at least five people in the immediate social environment of main suspect Ryan Pietersz (27) of the hat and the edge conscience. But they remained silent.

Life was simply following September 21, when Marlies vanished. An individual was silence based on fear. But the overall attitude of the police search it out, take Prosecutor David van Delft them very bad. He demanded yesterday life against Ryan, who only partially started to admit when the remains were located. All this time the parents were in different mart 'uncertainty.

"It was even worse. The truth was hampered by power. "Ryan 'clothing was that night after the disappearance just crops. It's noisy opposition to the seizure of the car. Ryan is trying to provide an alibi. And in the press are misleading comments, says Van Delft. However, it is not representative of the population of the island. During the investigation many (mostly anonymous) information, and interest in the commemoration ceremony and silent march was massive.

130 Persons
At the height of the investigation, there were 130 people in the work of the Antilles, Aruba, the Netherlands and Germany. The core consisted of 60 persons. How much would all this cost chief John Schagen know. But he was not available this morning. 36 hours after the disappearance of Marlies was days an aircraft used to fly over the island. The body of the apothekersassistente, in contrast to previous reports, never been buried. It was placed under a cactus, covered with combustible rubbish including a rubber band, flooded with petrol and set on fire. As the cameras of the aircraft can not register. Thereafter, the trop enzon her work. After four weeks, there were only skeletal remains on. Forensic investigation can not clearly establish that Marlies is strangled. Let alone that she was raped. However, Van Delft evidence here to have given the history of Ryan.

Qualified manslaughter
The prosecutor described him as a psychopath who has been twice previously had committed the rape of white women whose sexual needs should be satisfied immediately. When he was temporarily staying in a boarding school there was a minor sexual offenses with boys a few weeks so he was transferred to the CPC on Curaçao. Since Ryan was also not maintained. The story that Ryan morning insisting that he remained on the bag of Marlies had foreseen, Van Delft believed not. "You are physically a lot stronger, it was easy for you to the bag to steal." Moreover, Ryan has sufficient experience with robberies. According to the officer why Ryan had one goal and that was to Marlies abuse. That he relied on a statement of Sigmar Marchena, who helped the body make. And since Ryan has once before the ax was gone because of declaration of the victim and forensic evidence such as DNA, he wanted this time not run that risk. Marlies and the traces were therefore disappear. He was just a few months because of a robbery and rape in 2002 in a Czech woman and he would not return to prison. The officer explained qualified manslaughter charged, which means that someone ombrengt for another crime to hide. And that weighs as heavy as murder. Ryan is Van Delft, despite repeated opportunities, not to rehabilitation. Society must be protected and therefore demanded his life.

Recidivism
From reports of the psychiatrist, psychologist and probation, a picture emerges of a boy who says it used to have witnessed violence. During the Electronic Monitoring in Curaçao that he had spent his two training by, including "Know yourself." But that he was childish. His girlfriend still lives there, they need one of these weeks birth of their child. At school it was already repeatedly wrong because he was detained because of robberies and burglaries. In order to remain quiet drink alcohol it. Although he shows repentance towards his mother and cries a lot, he talks with the rapporteurs on Marlies without emotions. The risk of suicide when he gets life imposed, as Ryan has pointed out, is not considered significant. The psychiatrist explains Ryan is the responsibility of his actions to others. The risk of recurrence is high. Treatment would only succeed if those in long-term closed setting occurs.

"I've done something bad. I have a lot of people hurt. The family of Marlies, my mother, myself. I am now but I just had to work. Soon I am father but my child grow up without my father because of errors, "said Ryan in his last word. The parents of Marlies, he asked forgiveness.
Decision on March 10.

Empty after the process
Mother Lily is completely empty after the process. She has alternately cried but reacted strongly when they hear that Marlies has literally fought for her life. What exactly in that 3.5 hours is what happened when Ryan's in the WEB-site away on the scooter will never be clear. Marlies can no longer repeat. The requirement for life is her mother well. Or it the story of Ryan on the bag must believe that she just thought. She is more likely to believe it. The same officer pointed out that the family no feelings of revenge and revenge exist. But her true feelings, which prefer to keep the mother herself.

Incomplete dossier
The lawyer for Ryan Pietersz argued in its plea that the records of previous vice, with the exception of the rape in 2002, insufficient support and ended in a closure. It can not serve as evidence for the theory of the officer. It is almost impossible on a rickety scooter to carry an unconscious body, as claimed. But this reconstruction has not occurred. According to Ryan Marlies was conscious. The reason that he was not previously known a declaration was made because he is not strong enough to feel the consequences of his conduct to collect. He had never intended to Marlies to make. The psychiatrist says that in the case of Ryan afterwards repent sincerely felt with matching emotion. "Although this repentance is superficial at times Friday, is concerned not considered a 'brutal crime'."

In addition to qualified manslaughter Ryan was also charged with kidnapping and burglary in the seven holiday apartments which was accompanied by violence. They were committed in the period when he had only Friday. By day he worked at the Plaza hotel in the evening, he was a hairdresser.

Relief after lifelong requirement
Most people are relieved that after the trial against Ryan Pietersz life is required. "If he just really put life and not after twenty years release," says a woman on the Wilhelminaplein. An acquaintance of Ryan wonders if the process also would have gone if the victim had been an Italian Bonaire and he criticizes the for 'double standards'. According to the lawyer for Ryan, Marga Domingo, her client was well prepared for the process, and Ryan knew what he could expect. The idea that he would sit in the same room as the parents of Marlies, was difficult for him. Domingo, the mother of Marlies van der Kouwe asked if they wanted to hear excuses from the accused, but that she wanted to 'just do not prefer. About the collapse of its client hiding attitude during the process Domingo says, "That was his attitude when I was visiting with him and specifically on certain aspects of the case.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #727 on: February 18, 2009, 09:07:03 PM »

After reading about the last hours and minutes of this beautiful young woman, my eyes are full of tears.  And for her parents to know how their beloved daughter was so brutally treated makes my heart ache. Marlies was the same age as my eldest son.  We expect to outlive our children.  And knowing your child was treated brutally and murdered?  I cannot comprehend.  God bless Marlies van der Kouwe, her family and friends.  There will be no forgetting, but I pray with time Marlies family can remember her as the girl she was and know she is in a good and better place.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
johan555
Monkey Junky

hay welkom here !!!

« Reply #728 on: February 19, 2009, 04:58:03 AM »

Police looks back on research Marlies van der Kouwe

'Learned from errors Holloway murder'

by JOHN VAN DEN HEUVEL and BERT CABINS

Kralendijk (Bonaire), Thursday
        Like the sky with Bonaire meehuilde. At the time of murder suspect Rayan Pieters last Tuesday to the court converted toverde council of Kralendijk was conducted within, burst out of a tropical rain loose. But the morning after Pieters life itself heard against requirements, burning sun again very much on Bonaire. In his office looks Police John Schagen back on the most hectic period of his career.

The gray veil over Bonaire attracts happy to "

Schagen was only a few months chief, when he on Monday September 22, 2008 was informed of the loss of Marlies van der Kouwe. Thirty-six precious hours had already elapsed since the last live stabbing of the girl. "The two policemen who were first on the spot, made a totally wrong," admits Schagen riders again. The (now resigned nominee) Sergeant care with their wrong decision that the police team set up hastily with a huge backlog to begin.

Important lesson
               "My first decision was to design an English major Research Team to form," says Schagen. "That was done in close consultation with the authority of Bonaire and the prosecutor. Because that was an important lesson from the Natalee Holloway case, no miscommunication between police, government and OM. It was also important that a good and open contact would be with the parents of Marlies. Special investigators were their family and they took care of every development in the investigation continued. "
         During his indictment on Tuesday said prosecutor David van Delft a listing of the large number of domestic and foreign police force that the poor to help lap. Schagen How was that? "Before I became chief in Bonaire, I worked for years at the rijksrecherche in the Netherlands. The experience and contacts, including experience in the general investigation into the death of the policeman Enschede Jan Wind, were now in good stead. How practical is that? You go behind your desk and begins to call. Within the shortest time possible, all technical and tactical assistance flown.
        Exciting weeks followed, in which all stakeholders - including the family of Marlies - were thrown out back and forth between hope and fear. "The priority was and remained the retrieval of Marlies," says Schagen. "Of course, some doubt arose after another fruitless search, but each time I am in the office came, there was new hope. The entire team that is consistently full energy to this case worked has worked great. This was also a thorough review of the investigation, after Marlies was found. "

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Politiecommissaris blikt terug op onderzoek Marlies van der Kouwe

’Geleerd van fouten moordzaak Holloway’

door JOHN VAN DEN HEUVEL en BERT HUISJES

KRALENDIJK (Bonaire), donderdag
       Alsof de hemel met Bonaire meehuilde. Juist op het moment dat moordverdachte Rayan Pieters afgelopen dinsdag de tot rechtbank omgetoverde raadszaal van Kralendijk werd binnengevoerd, barstte buiten een tropische regenbui los. Maar de ochtend nadat Pieters levenslang tegen zich hoorde eisen, brandt de zon weer volop op Bonaire. In zijn werkkamer blikt politiecommissaris John Schagen terug op de meest hectische periode van zijn carrière.

’De grauwsluier over Bonaire trekt gelukkig op’

Schagen was pas een paar maanden korpschef, toen hij op maandagmiddag 22 september 2008 werd geïnformeerd over de vermissing van Marlies van der Kouwe. Zesendertig kostbare uren waren toen al verstreken sinds het laatste levensteken van het meisje. „De twee politiemensen die als eerste ter plaatse waren, maakten een totaal verkeerde inschatting”, geeft Schagen ruiterlijk toe. De (inmiddels voor ontslag voorgedragen) brigadiers zorgden er met hun foute beslissing voor dat het inderhaast geformeerde politieteam met een enorme achterstand moest beginnen.

Belangrijke les
              „Mijn eerste beslissing was om naar Nederlands model een Team Grootschalig Onderzoek te formeren”, vertelt Schagen. „Dat gebeurde in nauw overleg met de gezaghebber van Bonaire en de officier van justitie. Want dat was een belangrijke les uit de zaak Natalee Holloway; geen miscommunicatie tussen politie, bestuur en OM. Ook was van belang dat er een goed en open contact zou bestaan met de ouders van Marlies. Speciale familierechercheurs stonden hen bij en zorgden dat ze van iedere ontwikkeling in het onderzoek op de hoogte bleven.”
        Tijdens zijn requisitoir afgelopen dinsdag gaf aanklager David van Delft een opsomming van het grote aantal binnen- en buitenlandse politiediensten dat het armlastige korps te hulp schoot. Hoe kreeg Schagen dat voor elkaar? „Voordat ik korpschef op Bonaire werd, werkte ik jaren bij de rijksrecherche in Nederland. De ervaring en contacten, onder meer opgedaan bij het grote onderzoek naar de dood van de Enschedese politieman Jan Wind, kwamen nu goed van pas. Hoe dat praktisch verloopt? Je gaat achter je bureau zitten en begint te bellen. Binnen de kortste keren werd alle mogelijke technische en tactische hulp ingevlogen.
       Spannende weken volgden, waarin alle betrokkenen – inclusief de familie van Marlies – heen en weer werden geslingerd tussen hoop en vrees. „De prioriteit was en bleef het terugvinden van Marlies”, vertelt Schagen. „Natuurlijk ontstond soms twijfel na wéér een vergeefse zoekactie, maar iedere keer als ik ’s ochtends op het bureau kwam, ontstond nieuwe hoop. Het voltallige team dat voortdurend met volle energie aan deze zaak werkte, heeft fantastisch gefunctioneerd. Dat bleek ook uit een grondige evaluatie van het onderzoek, nadat Marlies werd teruggevonden.”

johan555
Monkey Junky

hay welkom here !!!

« Reply #729 on: February 19, 2009, 08:28:40 AM »

Officer criticizes silent front

The parents and brother of Marlies for Pasangrahan, where the trial was held.

WILLEM CITY - All of those four weeks that was sought to Marlies van der Kouwen have at least five people in the immediate social environment of main suspect Ryan Pietersz (27) of the hat and the edge conscience. But they remained silent.

Life was simply following September 21, when Marlies vanished. An individual was silence based on fear. But the overall attitude of the police search it out, take Prosecutor David van Delft them very bad. He demanded yesterday life against Ryan, who only partially started to admit when the remains were located. All this time the parents were in different mart 'uncertainty.

"It was even worse. The truth was hampered by power. "Ryan 'clothing was that night after the disappearance just crops. It's noisy opposition to the seizure of the car. Ryan is trying to provide an alibi. And in the press are misleading comments, says Van Delft. However, it is not representative of the population of the island. During the investigation many (mostly anonymous) information, and interest in the commemoration ceremony and silent march was massive.

130 Persons
At the height of the investigation, there were 130 people in the work of the Antilles, Aruba, the Netherlands and Germany. The core consisted of 60 persons. How much would all this cost chief John Schagen know. But he was not available this morning. 36 hours after the disappearance of Marlies was days an aircraft used to fly over the island. The body of the apothekersassistente, in contrast to previous reports, never been buried. It was placed under a cactus, covered with combustible rubbish including a rubber band, flooded with petrol and set on fire. As the cameras of the aircraft can not register. Thereafter, the trop enzon her work. After four weeks, there were only skeletal remains on. Forensic investigation can not clearly establish that Marlies is strangled. Let alone that she was raped. However, Van Delft evidence here to have given the history of Ryan.

Qualified manslaughter
The prosecutor described him as a psychopath who has been twice previously had committed the rape of white women whose sexual needs should be satisfied immediately. When he was temporarily staying in a boarding school there was a minor sexual offenses with boys a few weeks so he was transferred to the CPC on Curaçao. Since Ryan was also not maintained. The story that Ryan morning insisting that he remained on the bag of Marlies had foreseen, Van Delft believed not. "You are physically a lot stronger, it was easy for you to the bag to steal." Moreover, Ryan has sufficient experience with robberies. According to the officer why Ryan had one goal and that was to Marlies abuse. That he relied on a statement of Sigmar Marchena, who helped the body make. And since Ryan has once before the ax was gone because of declaration of the victim and forensic evidence such as DNA, he wanted this time not run that risk. Marlies and the traces were therefore disappear. He was just a few months because of a robbery and rape in 2002 in a Czech woman and he would not return to prison. The officer explained qualified manslaughter charged, which means that someone ombrengt for another crime to hide. And that weighs as heavy as murder. Ryan is Van Delft, despite repeated opportunities, not to rehabilitation. Society must be protected and therefore demanded his life.

Recidivism
From reports of the psychiatrist, psychologist and probation, a picture emerges of a boy who says it used to have witnessed violence. During the Electronic Monitoring in Curaçao that he had spent his two training by, including "Know yourself." But that he was childish. His girlfriend still lives there, they need one of these weeks birth of their child. At school it was already repeatedly wrong because he was detained because of robberies and burglaries. In order to remain quiet drink alcohol it. Although he shows repentance towards his mother and cries a lot, he talks with the rapporteurs on Marlies without emotions. The risk of suicide when he gets life imposed, as Ryan has pointed out, is not considered significant. The psychiatrist explains Ryan is the responsibility of his actions to others. The risk of recurrence is high. Treatment would only succeed if those in long-term closed setting occurs.

"I've done something bad. I have a lot of people hurt. The family of Marlies, my mother, myself. I am now but I just had to work. Soon I am father but my child grow up without my father because of errors, "said Ryan in his last word. The parents of Marlies, he asked forgiveness.
Decision on March 10.

Empty after the process
Mother Lily is completely empty after the process. She has alternately cried but reacted strongly when they hear that Marlies has literally fought for her life. What exactly in that 3.5 hours is what happened when Ryan's in the WEB-site away on the scooter will never be clear. Marlies can no longer repeat. The requirement for life is her mother well. Or it the story of Ryan on the bag must believe that she just thought. She is more likely to believe it. The same officer pointed out that the family no feelings of revenge and revenge exist. But her true feelings, which prefer to keep the mother herself.

Incomplete dossier
The lawyer for Ryan Pietersz argued in its plea that the records of previous vice, with the exception of the rape in 2002, insufficient support and ended in a closure. It can not serve as evidence for the theory of the officer. It is almost impossible on a rickety scooter to carry an unconscious body, as claimed. But this reconstruction has not occurred. According to Ryan Marlies was conscious. The reason that he was not previously known a declaration was made because he is not strong enough to feel the consequences of his conduct to collect. He had never intended to Marlies to make. The psychiatrist says that in the case of Ryan afterwards repent sincerely felt with matching emotion. "Although this repentance is superficial at times Friday, is concerned not considered a 'brutal crime'."

In addition to qualified manslaughter Ryan was also charged with kidnapping and burglary in the seven holiday apartments which was accompanied by violence. They were committed in the period when he had only Friday. By day he worked at the Plaza hotel in the evening, he was a hairdresser.

Relief after lifelong requirement
Most people are relieved that after the trial against Ryan Pietersz life is required. "If he just really put life and not after twenty years release," says a woman on the Wilhelminaplein. An acquaintance of Ryan wonders if the process also would have gone if the victim had been an Italian Bonaire and he criticizes the for 'double standards'. According to the lawyer for Ryan, Marga Domingo, her client was well prepared for the process, and Ryan knew what he could expect. The idea that he would sit in the same room as the parents of Marlies, was difficult for him. Domingo, the mother of Marlies van der Kouwe asked if they wanted to hear excuses from the accused, but that she wanted to 'just do not prefer. About the collapse of its client hiding attitude during the process Domingo says, "That was his attitude when I was visiting with him and specifically on certain aspects of the case.

+++++++++++++++++++
Officier hekelt zwijgende front
   Email dit artikel 
 Print dit artikel 

De ouders en broer van Marlies voor Pasangrahan, waar de rechtszaak werd gehouden.

WILLEMSTAD — Al die vier weken dat er gezocht werd naar Marlies van der Kouwen hebben minimaal vijf mensen in de directe sociale omgeving van hoofdverdachte Ryan Pietersz (27) van de hoed en de rand geweten. Toch bleven ze hun mond houden.

Het leven ging gewoon verder na die 21 september, toen Marlies verdween. Bij een enkeling was het zwijgen gebaseerd op angst. Maar de algehele houding van ‘de politie zoekt het maar uit’, neemt officier van justitie David van Delft hen zeer kwalijk. Hij eiste gisteren levenslang tegen Ryan, die pas gedeeltelijk begon te bekennen toen de stoffelijke resten waren gelokaliseerd. Al die tijd verkeerden de ouders in ‘martelende’ onzekerheid.

“Het was nog erger. De waarheidsvinding werd belemmerd naar vermogen.” Ryans kleding werd die nacht na de verdwijning gewoon gewassen. Er is lawaaierig verzet tegen de inbeslagname van de auto. Er wordt geprobeerd Ryan een alibi te verschaffen. En in de pers worden misleidende commentaren gegeven, aldus Van Delft. Het is echter niet representatief voor de bevolking van het eiland. Tijdens het onderzoek hebben velen (hoofdzakelijk anoniem) informatie versterkt en de belangstelling voor de herdenkingsplechtigheid en stille tocht was massaal.

130 Personen
Op het hoogtepunt van het onderzoek waren er 130 mensen aan het werk van de Antillen, Aruba, Nederland en Duitsland. De vaste kern bestond uit 60 personen. Hoeveel dit alles gekost zou korpschef John Schagen kunnen weten. Maar hij was vanmorgen niet bereikbaar. 36 Uur na de verdwijning van Marlies werd dagenlang een vliegtuig ingezet om over het eiland te vliegen. Het lichaam van de apothekersassistente is, in tegenstelling tot eerdere berichten, nooit begraven geweest. Het werd onder een cactus gelegd, bedekt met brandbare rommel waaronder een rubber band, overgoten met benzine en in brand gestoken. Dat hebben de camera’s van het vliegtuig niet kunnen registreren. Daarna deed de tropenzon haar werk. Na vier weken waren er alleen skeletresten over. Forensisch onderzoek heeft niet evident kunnen vaststellen dat Marlies is gewurgd. Laat staan dat ze verkracht is. Toch meent Van Delft hier wel bewijs voor te hebben, gezien het verleden van Ryan.

Gekwalificeerde doodslag
De officier van justitie schetste hem als een psychopaat die zich al twee keer eerder schuldig had gemaakt aan de verkrachting van blanke vrouwen en wiens seksuele behoeftes direct bevredigd dienen te worden. Toen hij destijds tijdelijk in een internaat verbleef was sprake van een zedendelict met minderjarige jongens waardoor hij enkele weken werd overgeplaatst naar het GOG op Curaçao. Daar was Ryan echter ook niet te handhaven. Het verhaal dat Ryan ‘s morgens bleef volhouden dat hij het op de tas van Marlies had voorzien, geloofde Van Delft niet. “Je bent fysiek veel sterker, het was makkelijk voor je om die tas te stelen.” Bovendien had Ryan al voldoende ervaring met berovingen. Volgens de officier had Ryan daarom maar één doel en dat was om Marlies te misbruiken. Dat baseerde hij op een verklaring van Sigmar Marchena, die hielp om het lichaam weg te maken. En omdat Ryan al een keer eerder voor de bijl was gegaan vanwege aangifte van het slachtoffer en forensisch bewijs als DNA, wilde hij dit keer dat risico niet meer lopen. Marlies en de sporen moesten daarom verdwijnen. Hij was amper een paar maanden vrij vanwege een beroving en verkrachting in 2002 op een Tsjechische vrouw en hij wilde niet terug naar de gevangenis. De officier legde gekwalificeerde doodslag ten laste, wat betekent dat je iemand ombrengt om een ander misdrijf te verhullen. En dat weegt even zwaar als moord. Ryan is volgens Van Delft, ondanks herhaaldelijke kansen, niet meer te resocialiseren. De samenleving moet beschermd worden en daarom eiste hij levenslang.

Recidive
Uit rapporten van de psychiater, psycholoog en de reclassering komt een beeld naar voren van een jongen die zegt vroeger veel geweld te hebben meegemaakt. Tijdens het Elektronisch Toezicht dat hij op Curaçao doorbracht moest hij twee trainingen volgens, waaronder ‘Ken je zelf’. Maar die vond hij kinderachtig. Zijn vriendin woont nog daar, ze moet een dezer weken bevallen van hun kind. Op school ging het al herhaaldelijk mis omdat hij steeds gedetineerd raakte wegens berovingen en inbraken. Om rustig te blijven drinkt hij alcohol. Hoewel hij tegenover zijn moeder berouw toont en veel huilt, praat hij met de rapporteurs zonder emoties over Marlies. De kans op zelfmoord als hij levenslang krijgt opgelegd, zoals Ryan heeft aangegeven, wordt niet groot geacht. Volgens de psychiater legt Ryan de verantwoordelijkheid van zijn daden bij anderen. De kans op recidive is groot. Behandeling zou alleen kans van slagen hebben indien die in langdurig gesloten setting plaatsvindt.

“Ik heb iets slechts gedaan. Ik heb veel mensen pijn gedaan. De familie van Marlies, mijn moeder, mezelf. Ik zit nu vast maar ik had gewoon moeten werken. Binnenkort word ik vader maar mijn kind groeit op zonder vader vanwege mijn eigen fouten”, aldus Ryan in zijn laatste woord. De ouders van Marlies vroeg hij vergiffenis.
Uitspraak op 10 maart.

Leeg na het proces
Moeder Lily is compleet leeg na het proces. Ze heeft afwisselend gehuild maar ook fel gereageerd als ze hoort dat Marlies letterlijk heeft gevochten voor haar leven. Wat er precies in die 3,5 uur is gebeurd toen Ryan haar bij het WEB-terrein meenam op de scooter zal echter nooit duidelijk worden. Marlies kan het immers niet meer navertellen. De eis van levenslang vindt haar moeder goed. Of ze het verhaal van Ryan over de tas moet geloven, daar wil ze nog even over nadenken. Ze is eerder geneigd het OM te geloven. Diezelfde officier bracht naar voren dat er bij de familie geen gevoelens van wraak en revanche bestaan. Maar haar ware gevoelens, die houdt de moeder liever voor haarzelf.

Onvolledig dossier
De advocate van Ryan Pietersz voerde in haar pleidooi aan dat de dossiers van eerdere zedenzaken, behalve die van de verkrachting in 2002, onvoldoende waren onderbouwd en eindigden in een sepot. Het kan dus niet als bewijs dienen voor de theorie van de officier. Ook is het bijna onmogelijk om op een aftandse scooter een bewusteloos lichaam te vervoeren, zoals werd aangevoerd. Maar hiervan heeft geen reconstructie plaatsgevonden. Volgens Ryan was Marlies bij bewustzijn. De reden dat hij niet eerder een bekennende verklaring had afgelegd is omdat hij zich niet sterk genoeg voelde de consequenties van zijn gedragingen te incasseren. Hij had nooit de bedoeling om Marlies om te brengen. De psychiater stelt dat bij Ryan achteraf wel sprake van oprecht gevoeld berouw is met bijpassende emotie. “Hoewel dit berouw bij momenten vrij oppervlakkig is, wordt betrokkene niet beschouwd als ‘een keiharde crimineel’.”

Behalve gekwalificeerde doodslag werd Ryan ook ontvoering ten laste gelegd en de zeven inbraken in vakantieappartementen waarvan een gepaard ging met geweld. Die werden gepleegd in de periode toen hij pas vrij was gekomen. Overdag werkte hij in het Plaza hotel, ‘s avonds was hij kapper.

Opluchting na eis levenslang
De meeste mensen zijn na het proces opgelucht dat tegen Ryan Pietersz levenslang is geëist. “Als hij dan ook maar echt levenslang opgesloten wordt en niet na twintig jaar weer vrijkomt”, zegt een vrouw op het Wilhelminaplein. Een kennis van Ryan vraagt zich af of het proces ook zo zou zijn gegaan als het slachtoffer een Bonaireaanse was geweest en hij verwijt het OM ‘met twee maten te meten’. Volgens de advocaat van Ryan, Marga Domingo, was haar cliënt goed voorbereid op het proces en wist Ryan wat hij kon verwachten. De gedachte dat hij in dezelfde kamer zou zitten als de ouders van Marlies, was wel moeilijk voor hem. Domingo heeft de moeder van Marlies van der Kouwe gevraagd of zij excuses wilde horen van de verdachte, maar dat wilde zij ‘liever even niet’. Over de ineengedoken houding van haar cliënt tijdens het proces zegt Domingo: “Dat was ook zijn houding als ik bij hem op bezoek was en het specifiek over bepaalde aspecten van de zaak ging.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #730 on: February 20, 2009, 03:18:39 AM »

Cageman,

I just wanted you to know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

TM

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #731 on: March 07, 2009, 12:00:44 AM »

JUSTICE FOR MARLIES!!!!!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #732 on: March 10, 2009, 01:57:46 AM »

Today is the day that a decision should come in Marlies' case.

Her family and friends are in my prayers, I also pray for Justice for Marlies.

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #733 on: March 10, 2009, 10:48:03 AM »

From our reporter Jean Mentens
published on March 10, 2009 15:08, updated on March 10, 2009 15:18

Kralendijk - Ryan P. , life in prison on manslaughter because of Marlies van der Kouwe. That, the court determined on Bonaire. The DA had also demanded life.

http://www.volkskrant.nl/binnenland/article1161632.ece/Ryan_P._veroordeeld_tot_levenslan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #734 on: March 10, 2009, 10:56:08 AM »

Posted by Johan at GM without a link:

AMSTERDAM -

Rayan Pieters on Curacao sentenced to life imprisonment because of the murder of Marlies van der Kouwe. The penalty is the requirement of the Prosecutor, last month on Bonaire
Pieters (27) has announced that the 24-year apothekersassistente is strangled, but he denies that he has raped the Dutch. The latter is charged with him, despite lack of evidence. The court considered rape of Marlies is not proven.

The body of Marlies van der Kouwe was found in October last year, a month after her disappearance. Pieters on the version of the events the night of the disappearance of Van der Kouwe is not consistent with what witnesses have stated. Despite repeated attempts by the court in order to get clarity, he continued to argue at trial that the crime was not planned. He maintains that one of the struggle was to hand over the bag of Van der Kouwe.

Marlies disappeared in the night of September 20 on Bonaire when she cycled home. A month later her body was found 10 miles away.

Pieters Saturday six years earlier for kidnapping and rape.

Also:

« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 10:57:42 AM by klaasend » Logged
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #735 on: March 10, 2009, 11:04:00 AM »

Justice for Marlies, Cageman, family members & friends.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Cageman
Scared Monkey

« Reply #736 on: March 10, 2009, 11:06:03 AM »

I got a call from Lily from Curacao. She told me the sentence was lifelong. She was very touched and so were my children. And to be honest, so am I. The suspect was very angry afterwards. Strangely his lawyer wasn't present. No one understands why not.
I feel very relieved. Not only because of the sentence itself but also because the judge accepted the arguments and way of arguing of the prosecutor.
Rape could not be proven, however. And although we all feel that he had raped her, for now I feel comfortable rape no to be accepted, so in higher court it will not be an issue anymore. Unless the prosecutor can't accept it but I have no indication for that.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #737 on: March 10, 2009, 11:24:05 AM »

I got a call from Lily from Curacao. She told me the sentence was lifelong. She was very touched and so were my children. And to be honest, so am I. The suspect was very angry afterwards. Strangely his lawyer wasn't present. No one understands why not.
I feel very relieved. Not only because of the sentence itself but also because the judge accepted the arguments and way of arguing of the prosecutor.
Rape could not be proven, however. And although we all feel that he had raped her, for now I feel comfortable rape no to be accepted, so in higher court it will not be an issue anymore. Unless the prosecutor can't accept it but I have no indication for that.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and those of your family with us Cageman.  The fact that you are relieved is so good to know. 

I pray this sentence means the evil that took Marlies' life will never walk the streets again; to prey on another innocent young lady. 

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #738 on: March 10, 2009, 01:59:40 PM »

Prayers for all of you.  A time to begin healing.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #739 on: March 10, 2009, 09:03:24 PM »

http://www.24ora.com/content/view/7522/6/

Papiamentu translation:

life largo for murderer of marlies v/d kouwe

tuesday, 10 march 2009 - 11:45

for of bonaire 24ora.com owing to ricibi informe cu did take lugar the caso contra of ryan pietersz, principal sospechoso in the caso of abuse sexual y asesinato of the young dutch, marlies v/d kouwe. cu cooperacion of recherche of aruba, curacao y the netherlands, team of recherche of bonaire owing to last some day first cu detencion did take lugar. ryan have 27 anja of edad y do not one desconoci for husticia antiyano. in corte, el'a achieve 20 anja of castigo, es decir life largo. at self instant, according advocate of pietersz, will bay apela contra of the decision of huez. famianan of the young also was tey present during of the caso y owing to wing one breath of alivio at instant cu the decision owing to cay. come across

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.