March 28, 2024, 04:22:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Talking Heads  (Read 1819 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: September 26, 2008, 07:37:37 AM »

I had the opportunity to watch some of the talking heads on TV yesterday.  I was baffled at so many references to the other guy and political parties. 

Where is the political party that represents the average working American?

Is it about political parties (and demi-Gods) or is it about the American people?

I saw several people who seemed to think there was no financial crisis on Wall St.  What do these people think about the pre-existing national debt?  Maybe that doesn't exist in their minds?  No massive loan payments to China?  Korea?  Other nations?  No prospect of the US becoming a satellite province of China in the future to repay this increasing debt? 

Where's the light at the end of the tunnel?  Where's the tunnel?

All I've been seeing are a continuation of the Bush propensity for tax cuts, and increased spending.  Lots of references to FDR.  FDR was a different man for a different time, and he had lots of programs. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franklin_D._Roosevelt

Was FDR for Americans?  Or for the global village?  How does anyone balance the interests of Americans and the global village?  Does the global village care about what happens to American or any others?  I expect they concern themselves with their own bread and butter.   

It seems like some want to help everyone.  How are you going to pay for that? 

How are you going to pay for your program to help folks heat their homes?  Is it another give-away program?  Are you asking folks to dial down this winter?  Put on a sweater?  Or, just give money to folks that never practice being frugal? 

What about those folks that have been frugal for years?  What do they get?  The tax bill?  The knowledge that the debt is increasing and the government seems not to notice?  No provision for repayment?

One talking head seemed to think there was no crisis.  Others brought up the McCain houses.

How many Americans can afford to live in a mansion like the Obama's?  How many houses will Obama own when he is as old as McCain?  Maybe the Obama's will give away their fortune?

Where is the money coming from to fund the campaign promises/suggestions/words of hope?

End the war in Iraq?  Are you refunding the money?  Or, are you keeping the money and sending the Americans currently in Iraq to Afghanistan?  Are they safer in Afghanistan?  Less expensive to equip and maintain?

Will the fighting ever end in Iraq or the Middle East?  Why does the US have to be there?  What kind of defense do you have in mind?  What plan to prevent the next 911?

Where is the opportunity for those that are too old to be part of the Obama generation?  Jobs and opportunities for those over 40, or those that have lost their pensions and 401Ks to Enron, the dot.com's or inflation?  Can a 40 year old (or better) person compete with a youngster from India for a technical job?  A factory job?  A worker making $5/day in China?  Taxes?  National debt?

Or, do I see people that want to spend money, and don't seem to have a clue as to where the money is coming from?

When I look at the Obama generation and entourage, do I see people I can relate to?  Do I see people who know what’s it like to make every dollar do the work of two or three dollars? 

Where is the political party that offers opportunity to all Americans?   

The opportunity to own a mansion, or more than one house.  I may be an optimist, but I believe it is possible to do both without cheating others, and treating others fairly and with dignity.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 06:18:38 PM by klaasend » Logged

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 07:44:48 AM »

Would a moderator please correct the first post like the second?  I copy / pasted wrong.  Thanks.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.