April 19, 2024, 08:56:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nina Reiser, 31, Missing since September 3 (BODY FOUND)  (Read 29308 times)
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« on: September 15, 2006, 10:17:32 PM »

Nina Reiser, 31, Missing since September 3 when she dropped children at home of Hans Reiser

http://missingexploited.com/2006/09/15/nina-reiser-31-missing-since-september-3-when-she-dropped-children-at-home-of-hans-reiser/

Nina Reiser, 31, was last seen on September 3, 2006. Nina Reiser dropped her children off at the home of estranged husband, Hans Reiser. She has not been seen nor heard from since.

Police describe Nina “Nenasha” Reiser, 31, as a white woman standing 5 feet 5 inches tall, weighing 114 pounds, with brown eyes, black hair and a fair complexion. Reiser was last seen about 2 pm on Sept. 3, driving her 2001 Honda Odyssey with license plate 4UBB491. (CBS5)

Anyone with information about Nina Reiser please contact Oakland police at (510) 777-3333. Callers can also leave information on the Police Department’s tip line at (510) 637-0298.

Much more thru link.

Looks like another really bad divorse gone really bad.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 12:13:16 AM by klaasend » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 01:08:49 AM »

Woman Missing; Husband's Home Searched
Police Seek Estranged Husband
 By Alan Wang
Sep. 14 - KGO - There are new suspicions about what happened to an East Bay woman missing for the past 11 days. Police spent Wednesday searching the upscale home of the woman's estranged husband -- the last place she was spotted alive. And now he's missing too.

It's a high-profile case, and five crime lab technicians conducted a detailed investigation into 31-year-old Nina "Nenasha" Reiser's disappearance. She was last seen on September 3 dropping off her two children at the home where her estranged husband lives with his mother in the Oakland hills.

Police say husband Hans Reiser initially cooperated with their investigation, but he stopped returning their calls -- and now he's gone.

Anthony Zografos, Nina Reiser's friend: "They're in the middle of a divorce, and divorce is never a pleasant situation."

Some neighbors call it contentious, but Anthony Zografos says he doesn't think that Nina Reiser felt threatened by her husband.

Anthony Zografos, Nina Reiser's friend: "I don't know. I don't know what to suspect."

Hans Reiser is a software developer and was considered a child prodigy. At the age of 15 he entered U.C. Berkeley. Later in life, he moved to Russia where he met Nina, a Russian doctor.

Jack Clauson, next-door neighbor: "These are gentle, intelligent, refined people not given to violence at all."

Next-door neighbor Jack Clausen says he's known Hans for 25 years and watched him grow up.

Jack Clauson, next-door neighbor: "I can't imagine he would ever hurt that beautiful woman. I know he loved her much."

But other neighbors say they saw him spraying water off of something in the driveway for half-an-hour shortly after Nina went missing. And they say his beat-up car disappeared shortly after Nina disappeared, and his mother rented a car so Hans could drive hers..

Police brought in cadaver dogs to search the property.

Jack Clauson, next-door neighbor: "They're not the kind of people who resort to violence to solve problems. So I think they're not going to find anything in there."

Police dogs did not find a body, but police are still searching diligently for clues connected to the missing woman, and the whereabouts of her estranged husband.

The children of Hans and Nina Reiser are currently in the custody of Child Protective Services.

Dispute Over Loan, Accusations Of Affair

According to filings in Alameda County Superior Court, a notice of settlement was filed on Hans Reiser's behalf Wednesday to resolve a lawsuit filed against him by Sean Sturgeon on Dec. 30, 2004, seeking $131,552 in damages.

The terms of the settlement weren't disclosed.

Sturgeon claimed that Reiser and his company, Namesys, Inc., which he ran out of his home, failed to pay back a loan.

In a response to the lawsuit that was filed on Feb. 15, 2005, Reiser, acting as his own attorney, said "under no theory of liability is defendant Reiser liable personally for repayment."

Reiser alleged that Sturgeon "had been having a secret affair with defendant's wife, Nina Reiser, at the time of the loan."

Reiser said Sturgeon "continues this illicit affair even during divorce proceedings currently in action" and that Sturgeon "even apparently is, in defiance of a court order, residing with defendant's wife and children."

Reiser also alleged, "It is well known and was well known to plaintiff (Sturgeon) that the majority of the allegedly loaned funds were spent exclusively by Nina Reiser."

Reiser said the fact that Sturgeon didn't name Nina Reiser as a defendant and named him as an individual "is clear evidence of his malicious intent to destroy defendant's marriage and leave the defendant to clean up the wreckage and pay the debts."

In a cross-complaint that Reiser filed against Sturgeon on Sept. 8, 2005, Reiser said Sturgeon acted as his financial agent from 1999 through 2002 and had access to and control over deposits, withdrawals and funds at the Patelco Credit Union.

Reiser said Sturgeon "worked with my wife Nina Reiser and eventually drugged her with ecstasy and seduced her."

Reiser alleged, "He then engaged in Bondage, Domination, Sadism and Masochism techniques and continued to redrug her repeatedly over time."

He said Sturgeon engaged in those techniques "in an effort to show that he was a better man than I and to convince my wife Nina to conspire with him to steal the Namesys Inc. company assets."

Reiser alleged that, "Sean has threatened to have me beaten up by some of his associates in illegal activities and that he would hurt me, my mother or my children if he did not get what he wanted."

He also accused Sturgeon of engaging in extortion by threatening to make calls to the Internal Revenue Service to report him and his mother.

In addition, Reiser alleged that Sturgeon wrote into a contract that Reiser must participate in "Death Yoga," which he said has the purpose of "slowing down one's heart to the point of death."

Sturgeon's attorney, Richard Meier, didn't return a phone call today seeking comment on the case.

Reiser's attorney, Gregory Silva, declined to comment.

In a Sept. 13, 2005, interview with the Web site KernelTrap.org, Reiser said he dropped out of junior high school after eighth grade but was accepted at the University of California, Berkeley at the age of 15.

In the interview, Reiser said, "Berkeley was a lot better than junior high school, but it still involved homework, which deep down in my heart I could never believe in."

According to a Dec. 29, 1999, article in InfoWorld, Reiser's company is called the Naming System Venture but is more commonly known by the abbreviation Namesys.

The company aims at creating a quicker and easier way to search file databases on Linux-based systems, according to the article.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=local&id=4558883&ft=print
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 10:40:34 AM »

Website & Billboards started for Missing Nina Reiser

http://missingexploited.com/2006/10/07/website-billboards-started-for-missing-nina-reiser/
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 07:21:13 PM »

Estranged Husband Arrested in Reiser Disappearance

http://www.ktvu.com/news/10042863/detail.html

What is up with this?  How can men possibly reason that it is better to kill the mother of one's children than to just finalize the divorce?  This is far, far too common, IMHO.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 07:42:37 PM »

Nah, it's the womens fault for picking that type of guy in the first place. Wink
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2006, 08:20:07 PM »

Jack Clauson, next-door neighbor: "These are gentle, intelligent, refined people not given to violence at all."

Next-door neighbor Jack Clausen says he's known Hans for 25 years and watched him grow up.

Jack Clauson, next-door neighbor: "I can't imagine he would ever hurt that beautiful woman. I know he loved her much."

Get a clue, Jack...

The highly educated are not immuned to violence and crimes of passion.

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2006, 08:35:42 PM »

Quote from: "Jacqueline"

The highly educated are not immuned to violence and crimes of passion.

Ain't that the truth, sometimes the most successful/confident folks are the one's who think they can get away with things. Possibly because in most cases they already have gotten away with other things.
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2006, 11:51:50 PM »

Please note, no body has been found, yet the husband is being charged with murder.  Aruba, watch and learn!
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2006, 02:29:15 AM »

REISER CHILDREN MAY HAVE OVERHEARD FATAL FIGHT

http://www.ktvu.com/news/10059722/detail.html

Just compounds the tragedy for those kids.
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2006, 02:30:46 AM »

One of Hans Reiser's defense attorneys is Daniel Horowitz.
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2006, 07:56:14 AM »

Quote from: "A's Fever"

Really?  Wow....That is very interesting...

How old are their children that overheard the fight?  I did not get a chance to read the story you posted.

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2006, 11:01:50 AM »

That story screams of OJ Simpson.... very sad.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2006, 02:15:53 PM »

Quote from: "Jacqueline"
Quote from: "A's Fever"

Really?  Wow....That is very interesting...

How old are their children that overheard the fight?  I did not get a chance to read the story you posted.

7 and 5, I believe.  Defense attorneys will have a field day picking that story apart but if true, those children will be traumatized.  Unbelievably sad for those kids.
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2006, 12:41:13 AM »

LATEST SEARCH FOR NINA REISER IS UNSUCCESSFUL
12/04/06 4:40 PST

The Contra Costa County sheriff's search and rescue team searched for the body of 31-year-old Nina Reiser in a hilly area near Oakland on Saturday but wasn't able to find her, sheriff's spokesman Jimmy Lee said today.

Lee said about 50 members of the volunteer search and rescue team, under the supervision of sheriff's deputies, combed Pinehurst Road in the area of the small town of Canyon, which is in unincorporated Contra Costa County just below Oakland and the Alameda County line in the East Bay hills.

Lee said the search was "pretty challenging" because the area is lush and there's a lot of vegetation and trees.

Reiser, the mother of two small children, disappeared from Oakland Sept. 3 and hasn't been seen since.

Her husband, software developer Hans Reiser, 43, was charged with murdering her after Oakland police said they found biological and trace evidence suggesting that she is dead as well as blood evidence tying him to her death.

The Oakland Police Department conducted previous searches for Nina Reiser in Oakland.

Lee and Oakland police spokesman Roland Holmgren said they don't know of any additional searches that are planned at this time.

Hans Reiser, who's being held in custody without bail, pleaded not guilty to the murder charges at a hearing last week.

He's scheduled to have a preliminary hearing in Alameda County Superior Court on Dec. 11. The purpose of the hearing is to determine if there's enough evidence to order him to stand trial.

http://tinyurl.com/y5pqcj

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2006, 08:47:37 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 09:31:05 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2006, 10:20:29 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 09:31:47 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2006, 02:42:43 AM »

I agree Bleached, guilty as sin.  The defense is trying to smear the victim, saying she led a double life, had KGB ties, etc.  Its disgusting.  Just as with Natalee, it is not enough just to kill, but they have to conduct a smear campaign against the victim as well, as if every reputable vestige of that former living being must be undermined and violated.
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2006, 12:17:48 AM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 09:32:14 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2006, 12:34:46 AM »

Same old song and dance my friend......someone elses fault, I am innocent, poor me, my kids are gone, the government has it wrong. Get over-it fella  you're headed for that penitentiary in the sky.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Murder Suspect Selling Namesys

By Joshua Davis|
13:00 PM Dec, 21, 2006

DUBLIN, California -- Hans Reiser, the prominent Bay Area Linux programmer charged with murdering his wife, says he's seeking to sell off his open-source file system company, Namesys, to help pay mounting legal costs.

In the first interview since his arrest, Reiser spoke this week about the future of his company and his legal travails from within the walls of Santa Rita Jail, where he is being held without bail.

"I just keep thinking that I'm stuck in George Orwell's 1984," he said while shackled, dressed in a red, prison-issue jumpsuit, and locked in a cement room. "The government has taken away my kids, invaded my house, held me in solitary confinement and caused me all sorts of financial problems."

William DuBois, Reiser's attorney, says Reiser is running out of money to pay for his defense. "This is a unique opportunity for someone to buy the company for pennies on the dollar," DuBois said. "We welcome all vultures."

article continued.........  http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,72342-0.html?tw=wn_technology_3

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2007, 07:16:28 AM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 09:33:32 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.