April 18, 2024, 07:02:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kathleen Gutierrez Missing Since August 2007  (Read 2818 times)
MSE
Scared Monkey

« on: September 26, 2008, 09:21:35 AM »

Human Remains Found At Six Flags Identified
Kathleen Gutierrez Missing Since Last August

POSTED: 10:11 pm CDT September 25, 2008
UPDATED: 11:23 pm CDT September 25, 2008

SAN ANTONIO -- Human remains found on the property of Six Flags Fiesta Texas on Wednesday were identified on Thursday.

The medical examiner said the skeletal remains belong to Kathleen Gutierrez, 56, who had been missing since last year.

Gutierrez disappeared last August, and one of her sons said the identification was the call he'd been expecting for some time.

"For as long as she had been gone, I wasn't thinking it was going to be a good outlook, but we always hoped," Jason Gutierrez said.

Kathleen Gutierrez was last seen in the La Cantera area in August 2007. Police said they found her car with all of her personal belongings still inside the vehicle in the parking lot of a Security Service Credit Union.

In February, a search team combed the area looking for clues, but they were unable to find anything.

On Wednesday, Six Flags Fiesta Texas security guards found the skeletal remains on the property, but police said it appeared that they had been there for at least six months.

Kathleen's oldest son said he and his younger brother went as far as California following tips in search of their mother.

While the outcome was not what they were hoping, they said they can finally stop searching.

"At least we know now what exactly happened. Now we just got to determine how it happened, and then we'll go from there," Jared Gutierrez said.

A cause of death has not been determined yet, and police said they are continuing the investigation.

Kathleen Gutierrez spent 32 years as an English teacher in the Harlandale School District.

Her family said it is considering starting a scholarship in her name.

http://www.ksat.com/news/17561896/detail.html
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 01:19:02 PM »

Thank you. I came across the story yesterday and put it in my file...now I can remove it. Very sad Sad

Here is the article I had>>
Skeletal Remains Found At Six Flags In San Antonio

(UPI) – Six Flags Fiesta Texas security personnel found skeletal human remains at the theme park in San Antonio, police say.

San Antonio Police Department spokesman Joe Rios said clothing was found near the discovery of human remains, which took place Wednesday outside of the general public area at the amusement site, the San Antonio Express-News said Thursday.

"(The remains) weren't anywhere near the public (area)," Rios said.

The remains are suspected to have been there at least six months and no official cause of death was immediately determined, officials say.

The Bexar County Medical Examiner's office is analyzing the skeletal remains in hopes of learning the cause of death and identifying the remains, the Express-News said.

http://www.progressivetalk1260.com/script/headline_newsmanager_alt.php?id=702689&pagecontent=NationalNews&feed_id=59

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.