April 25, 2024, 08:32:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anna Nicole Smith Marshall  (Read 196174 times)
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« on: September 15, 2006, 11:00:56 PM »

Any Thoughts?

Anna Nicole Smith Marshall was born on November 28,  1967. She is now 39.  On April 4, 1985, at age 17, she married Billy Smith, a cook at the restaurant, who was 17. The next year, she gave birth to her first child, the late Daniel Wayne Smith, and the following year she and Billy divorced. Smith married her second husband, oil billionaire J. Howard Marshall on June 27, 1994. She was 26; he was 89. Within weeks after J. Howard's death on August 4, 1995, Smith squared off against his son, E. Pierce Marshall, for half of her late husband's $1.6 billion estate. In March 2002, she was awarded $88 million. In December 2004, a three-judge panel of the US 9th Circuit Court of Appeals reversed the March 2002 decision, saying that Smith is not one of J. Howard Marshall's heirs. The US Supreme Court decided in September of 2005 to hear the appeal of that decision.  The Supreme Court justices unanimously decided in favor of Smith. On May 1, 2006. On June 1, 2006, Smith announced on her official website that she was 5 months pregnant. Although she will not publicly name the father, it is rumored to be photojournalist Larry Birkhead. On September 7, 2006, Smith gave birth to a baby girl, Hannah, at a hospital in the Bahamas. Three days later, on September 10, Smith's 20-year-old son, Daniel Smith, died suddenly while visiting his mother in her hospital room. Although the cause of death has not yet been officially determined, officials have ruled out a heart attack or other "natural causes," suggesting to many that his death was related to a drug or medication overdose.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 11:21:27 PM »

I heard on TV today that was throwing up blood.
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 11:35:50 PM »

I wonder if it was swallowed blood from a nosebleed. Snorting cocaine and also abusing ephedrine (skyrocketing blood pressure) could cause a nose bleed.

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2006, 12:15:46 AM »

Hi San and Justins, I also heard he was throwing up blood. If so and he were aspirating some back down, the body would react due to the survival instinct and start coughing and fighting to breathe.

I've heard of countless cases where people are sleeping and throw up and aspirate and have a heart attack and die. My theory is that these people are under the influence of something - alcohol, drugs, sleeping pills - which would surpress and override the survival instinct, thus their trachea would be relaxed and open.

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2006, 12:19:52 AM »

Louise they were talking to his grandmother tonight and she thought there were drugs involved.  She hasn't communicated with Anna Nicole in 10 years but she helped her daughter when she was struggling and would at least like to go to the burial.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2006, 12:52:16 AM »

Hi San,

Oh no, not another mother/daughter falling out. Ten years is a long time. That is so sad.

Unfortunately I am also thinking overdose of some kind of drugs. Not cheap street drugs. Maybe prescriptions / sedatives like Xanax that keep you calm but addict you. He drank alcohol on the plane and maybe took the sedatives to fall asleep in his mom's room and the interaction with his body at that moment was toxic.

I cannot imagine what it would be like to give birth to a baby and simultaneously experience the death of a 20 year old adult son. It's like "The Lord Giveth and The Lord Taketh Away." Why? Hasn't this women been through enough?

I think she is beautiful. I think she would be just as lovely with no makeup and hairdo. Her beauty shines from within, as well as from without.

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2006, 01:03:09 AM »

Quote from: "LouiseVargas"
Hi San,

Oh no, not another mother/daughter falling out. Ten years is a long time. That is so sad.

Unfortunately I am also thinking overdose of some kind of drugs. Not cheap street drugs. Maybe prescriptions / sedatives like Xanax that keep you calm but addict you. He drank alcohol on the plane and maybe took the sedatives to fall asleep in his mom's room and the interaction with his body at that moment was toxic.

I cannot imagine what it would be like to give birth to a baby and simultaneously experience the death of a 20 year old adult son. It's like "The Lord Giveth and The Lord Taketh Away." Why? Hasn't this women been through enough?

I think she is beautiful. I think she would be just as lovely with no makeup and hairdo. Her beauty shines from within, as well as from without.

I agree with you Louise that it was an overdose of some kind.

This woman has been through a lot.  It is just unreal that she gave birth to her second child and two days later her first dies.
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2006, 09:47:00 AM »

It is a terrible, terrible tragedy. I hope that from the pain of this, she is able reevaluate her lifestyle, and develop her spirituality (i.e. true sobriety). Her daughter deserves it.

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2006, 12:25:45 PM »

Quote from: "justinsmama"
It is a terrible, terrible tragedy. I hope that from the pain of this, she is able reevaluate her lifestyle, and develop her spirituality (i.e. true sobriety). Her daughter deserves it.

I agree justinsmama.  She also needs to rid herself of some of the people she hangs around with.
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2006, 05:54:22 PM »

I felt immediately that it might have something to do with drugs...it's highly unusual for someone of that age to just die suddenly without the aid of drugs and/or alcohol, IMHO...I had not heard he was throwing up blood. Was this before he went to sleep or in his sleep or what?

Bring Natalee home...
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2006, 06:04:55 PM »

Anna's new lawyer was on Fox and Friends yesterday and rebuked the story told that this child was vomiting.

Also, Smith has hired Foresnic Pathologist Cyril Wecht to fly to Bahamas to perform 2nd autopsy on her son.

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2006, 06:13:12 PM »

Anna Nicole Smith hires celebrity death consultant for autopsy
MICHAEL MELIA
Associated Press
NASSAU, Bahamas - Anna Nicole Smith has hired a pathologist who consulted in the death investigations of Elvis Presley and JonBenet Ramsey to perform a repeat autopsy on her son, a news report said Saturday.

Daniel Wayne Smith, 20, died Sept. 10 in a hospital room where the reality TV star and former Playboy model was recuperating from giving birth three days earlier. Investigators have said they did not find evidence of drugs in the room or obvious signs of a crime.

The Bahamas coroner's office, which labeled the death "suspicious" because the cause was unclear, performed an autopsy Tuesday and ordered further analysis, including a toxicology test to be completed next week.

Cyril Wecht, a forensic pathologist from Pittsburgh famous for his expertise on celebrity death investigations, planned to examine Daniel Smith's remains Sunday on behalf of the family, the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported. Wecht has been indicted on federal criminal charges.

"What he does, he's world-class at," Wecht's attorney Jerry McDevitt told the newspaper. "If you want the best, you call Cyril Wecht."

Wecht is facing trial on charges he used his staff when he was the Allegheny County coroner to do work for his multimillion-dollar private pathology practice. He resigned from office in January.

The newspaper report said a judge approved the Bahamas trip on Friday. The report said he would return to Pittsburgh in time for a pretrial conference Monday.

Wecht, 75, did not return phone messages left Friday night and Saturday at his home and office.

Head coroner Linda Virgill, who granted the family's request to bring in an independent examiner, said Friday that it was not an unusual step. She confirmed that a pathologist would arrive from the U.S. on Saturday and the exam would be performed Sunday at a public morgue.

A guard on Saturday prevented reporters from approaching the gate outside Smith's home in the Bahamas, a whitewashed mansion perched at the ocean's edge. A local attorney for the 38-year-old TV star has declined to comment on why she was seeking a second autopsy.

Reginald Ferguson, assistant commissioner of the Royal Bahamas Police Force, said Friday that although there were no obvious signs of criminal wrongdoing in the death, it was too early to draw conclusions.

An inquest that could lead to the filing of criminal charges is scheduled to begin Oct. 23. Witnesses including Smith, hospital staff and others who saw her son were expected to be summoned.

Smith, who came to this island chain during her pregnancy to avoid media scrutiny, is free to leave the Bahamas, authorities have said.

Daniel Smith was the son of Anna Nicole and Bill Smith, who married in 1985 and divorced two years later. The son had small roles in her movies "Skyscraper" and "To the Limit." He also appeared several times on the E! reality series "The Anna Nicole Show."

The identity of the father of Smith's newborn daughter has not been released.

Anna Nicole Smith married Texas oil tycoon J. Howard Marshall II in 1994, when she was 26 and he was 89. He died the following year. She then feuded with Marshall's son, Pierce Marshall, over her entitlement to the tycoon's estate before Pierce Marshall died in June at age 67.

An initial judgment awarding her $474 million was reversed by an appeal's court. In May, the Supreme Court ruled that Smith could continue to pursue her claim in federal courts in California.

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2006, 06:18:30 PM »

Initial reports suggested that he sat in a chair at her bedside and seemingly fell asleep. When she tried to rouse him, he did not respond and she raised the alarm. Doctors tried unsuccessfully for 22 minutes to revive him.

An inside source at the hospital, however, was quoted by the Nassau Guardian as saying that he went into an uncontrollable vomiting fit, throwing up blood a. The newspaper said that the room was a "total mess" with "vomit and blood everywhere". The source also reported that Anna Nicole went into a violent rage at her inability to help Daniel Wayne whom she gave birth to when she was 18 years old.

During the resuscitation effort, the source reported that oxygen could not be found, something that the hospital vehemently denied.

"That's nonsense," the hospital chief was quoted as saying. "That's total nonsense. I can't make any other comments at this time because number one, it's a police matter and number two, it's confidentiality of the patient that we will preserve."
Initially the incident was hushed up by authorities who would only confirm that "a Caucasian male was discovered sometime after 9 am" in the hospital.

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2006, 08:59:20 PM »

Dr. Michael Baden said in The Line Up tonight that if in deed there is no natural death then it leaves drug overdose.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2006, 09:10:50 PM »

I am glad that Anna has the funds to hire this pathologist.
She probably needs to know the cause of death also and would not believe or trust the Bahama officials.
It is sad when one passes so young. Anna must be hurting terribly.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2006, 09:12:50 PM »

From The Line Up:

Apparently it was said that some overheard Anna Nichole saying this is all your fault to her attorney who was in the room.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2006, 09:40:40 PM »

Isn't it a bit odd to have your lawyer at your bedside after a birth?

Was wondering if he might more likely be the father than the guy who's rumored to be.
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2006, 11:08:47 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
Isn't it a bit odd to have your lawyer at your bedside after a birth?

Was wondering if he might more likely be the father than the guy who's rumored to be.

Well it's also sort of odd to marry someone 60 years your senior...

I know that this lawyer has been with Anna for a long time, his name is Howard K. Stern....(no relation to the Shock Jock) and I don't think he is the father.

I can't imagine the pain this woman is going thru and I feel so bad for her cause she has had her lumps in life and just seemed to be really getting on the right track in her life..She credited her son with giving her the strenght and support to beat her drug addiction and he was the light of her life.

justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2006, 12:04:40 PM »

I wonder if he experienced migraines?

ergotamine Drug information
Generic Name: ergotamine (er GOH ta meen)
Brand Names: Ergomar
What is the most important information I should know about ergotamine?
 •  Some medications may increase the risk of dangerously decreased blood flow to the brain, heart, or extremities when taken with ergotamine. In rare but severe cases, gangrene or other serious problems can result. Some, but not all, of these medications are listed below in the section "What other drugs will affect ergotamine?". Do not take any other medications during treatment with ergotamine without first talking to your doctor.
 •  Contact your doctor immediately if you experience numbness or tingling in the fingers or toes; chest pain; weakness of the legs; muscle pain in the arms or legs; pain in the chest; changes in heart rate; swelling or itching.
 •  Do not take ergotamine if you are pregnant or if you could become pregnant during treatment. Ergotamine is in the FDA pregnancy category X. This means that ergotamine can cause harm to an unborn baby. Ergotamine can induce uterine contractions, which can result in abortion, and it can restrict blood flow to the fetus.

What is ergotamine?
 •  Ergotamine affects vasoconstriction (narrowing of arteries and veins that supply blood to the head). Ergotamine is also involved in altering blood flow patterns that are associated with vascular headaches.
 •  Ergotamine is used to prevent and to treat vascular headaches such as migraine and cluster headaches.
 •  Ergotamine may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.

What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using ergotamine?
 •  Some medications may increase the risk of dangerously decreased blood flow to the brain, heart, or extremities when taken with ergotamine. In rare but severe cases, gangrene or other serious problems can result. Some, but not all, of these medications are listed below in the section "What other drugs will affect ergotamine?". Do not take any other medications during treatment with ergotamine without first talking to your doctor.
 •  Do not take ergotamine without first talking to your doctor if you have:
      · peripheral vascular disease or poor circulation;
      · arteriosclerosis or "hardening of the arteries";
      · high blood pressure;
      · heart disease;
      · liver disease;
      · kidney disease; or
      · a serious infection.
 •  You may not be able to take ergotamine, or you may require a dosage adjustment or special monitoring during treatment if you have any of the conditions listed above.
 •  Do not take ergotamine if you are pregnant or if you could become pregnant during treatment. Ergotamine is in the FDA pregnancy category X. This means that it is known to be very harmful if used during pregnancy. Ergotamine can induce uterine contractions, which can result in abortion, and it can restrict blood flow to the fetus.
 •  Ergotamine passes into breast milk and can cause vomiting and diarrhea in a nursing infant. Do not take ergotamine if you are breast-feeding a baby.

How should I take ergotamine?
 •  Take ergotamine exactly as directed by your doctor. If you do not understand these directions, ask your pharmacist, nurse, or doctor to explain them to you.
 •  Use the first dose of ergotamine at the first sign of a headache.
 •  Place a tablet under your tongue and allow it to dissolve. Another tablet can be taken in 30 minutes if needed. A third tablet, if necessary, can be taken 30 minutes after the second.
 •  Do not take more than three tablets in a 24-hour period. Do not take more than five tablets in 7 days. If your symptoms are not being adequately treated, talk to your doctor.
 •  Store ergotamine at room temperature away from moisture and heat.

What happens if I miss a dose?
 •  Since ergotamine is taken on an as-needed basis, missing a dose is not usually a problem.

What happens if I overdose?
 •  Seek emergency medical attention.
 •  Symptoms of an ergotamine overdose include nausea, vomiting, weakness, muscle pain, numbness in your fingers or toes, gangrene, itching, confusion, drowsiness, convulsions, and possibly death.

What should I avoid while taking ergotamine?
 •  Do not take more than three tablets in a 24-hour period. Do not take more than five tablets in 7 days. If your symptoms are not being adequately treated, talk to your doctor.

What are the possible side effects of ergotamine?
 •  Stop taking ergotamine and seek emergency medical attention or contact your doctor immediately if you experience.
      · an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of the throat; swelling of the lips, tongue, or face; or hives);
      · chest pain;
      · numbness or tingling in the fingers or toes;
      · muscle pain in the arms or legs;
      · leg weakness;
      · changes in heart rate;
      · swelling; or
      · itching.
 •  Other, less serious side effects may also occur. Continue to take ergotamine and talk to your doctor if you experience nausea or vomiting.
 •  Ergotamine may be habit forming when used for long periods of time. Larger doses may be needed for headache relief, and withdrawal effects may occur when treatment with ergotamine is stopped.
 •  Side effects other than those listed here may also occur. Talk to your doctor about any side effect that seems unusual or that is especially bothersome.

What other drugs will affect ergotamine?
 •  Some medications may increase the risk of dangerously decreased blood flow to the brain, heart, or extremities when taken with ergotamine. In rare but severe cases, gangrene or other serious problems can result. The following drugs should not be taken with ergotamine or should be used only under the close supervision of a doctor:
      · another medication that contains an ergot compound such as Ergomar, D.H.E., or D.H.E. Nasal;
      · another migraine headache medicine such as almotriptan (Axert), frovatriptan (Frova), sumatriptan (Imitrex), zolmitriptan (Zomig), rizatriptan (Maxalt), or naratriptan (Amerge)--these medicines must not be taken within 24 hours of a dose of ergotamine;
      · a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) such as citalopram (Celexa), fluoxetine (Prozac, Sarafem), fluvoxamine (Luvox), sertraline (Zoloft), or paroxetine (Paxil);
      · a beta-blocker (medicines used to treat high blood pressure, irregular heartbeats, and other heart conditions) such as carteolol (Cartrol), carvedilol (Coreg), labetalol (Normodyne, Trandate), nadolol (Corgard), pindolol (Visken), propranolol (Inderal), sotalol (Betapace), or timolol (Blocadren);
      · an HIV/ AIDS medicine such as amprenavir (Agenerase), delavirdine (Rescriptor), indinavir (Crixivan), nelfinavir (Viracept), nevirapine (Viramune), ritonavir (Norvir), or saquinavir (Invirase, Fortovase);
      · the antibiotics erythromycin (Ery-Tab, E.E.S., E-Mycin, Eryc, others) or clarithromycin (Biaxin);
      · the antifungal medicines itraconazole (Sporanox) or ketoconazole (Nizoral);
      · nefazodone (Serzone);
      · cimetidine (Tagamet, Tagamet HB); or
      · sibutramine (Meridia).
 •  Drugs other than those listed here may also interact with ergotamine. Talk to your doctor and pharmacist before taking any prescription or over-the-counter medicines, including herbal products.

Where can I get more information?
 •  Your pharmacist has more information about ergotamine written for health professionals that you may read.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 •  Remember, keep this and all other medicines out of the reach of children, never share your medicines with others, and use this medication only for the indication prescribed.
 •  Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided by Cerner Multum, Inc. ('Multum') is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. Multum information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States and therefore Multum does not warrant that uses outside of the United States are appropriate, unless specifically indicated otherwise. Multum's drug information does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients or recommend therapy. Multum's drug information is an informational resource designed to assist licensed healthcare practitioners in caring for their patients and/ or to serve consumers viewing this service as a supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgment of healthcare practitioners. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. Multum does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of information Multum provides. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.  

Copyright 1996-2004 Cerner Multum, Inc. Version: 3.05. Revision date: 8/ 11/ 04.

justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2006, 12:15:52 PM »

I initially thought of drug abuse, but while researching, came across other factors. If he did suffer from migraines, alcohol increases vascular pressure.

Also:

Statistically, most headaches and Migraine attacks are painful and disruptive, but not dangerous. Still, head pain can be a symptom of other conditions, some of them quite serious. Additionally, even though many of us have been told, "A Migraine never killed anyone," that's not exactly true. There are cases where Migraines cause strokes, and strokes can be fatal, including Migrainous strokes. There are times when having a headache or Migraine attack means you need to see a doctor. (See: Head Pain: NOT To Be Ignored!)

See your doctor immediately or go to the emergency room if...
you're having your "worst headache ever."
you're having your "worst Migraine attack ever."
your headache or Migraine is accompanied by:
unresolved loss of vision
loss of consciousness
uncontrollable vomiting
the pain of a Migraine attack lasts more than 72 hours with less than a solid four-hour pain-free period, while awake.
you experience a headache or Migraine attack that presents unusual symptoms that are abnormal for you and frightening.
http://headaches.about.com/od/allheadpaintypes/a/when_see_doc.htm

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.