April 26, 2024, 12:56:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anna Nicole Smith Marshall  (Read 196193 times)
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2006, 12:23:08 PM »

Alcohol increases vascular dilation. sorry

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2006, 02:37:32 PM »

Self-Proclaimed Father of Anna Nicole's Baby Says She's Keeping Child From Him
Sunday, September 17, 2006
By MARIANNE GARVEY

PHOTOS  VIDEO  PHOTO ESSAYS

The man who claims to be the father of Anna Nicole Smith's newborn daughter says the blond bombshell ran off to the Bahamas to give birth to keep their child away from him.

Larry Birkhead, a celebrity photographer and journalist who dated the reality-TV ditz on and off for two years, says Smith, 38, tried to cut him out of the baby's life, forcing him to keep his paternal status a secret and running away to the Caribbean.

But the secret sojourn turned tragic when Smith's son, Daniel, 20, died mysteriously in his mother's hospital room last week, three days after his baby sister was born.

Daniel was found last Sunday morning slumped in a chair, covered in blood and vomit. The cause of death has not been determined.

The tragedy, like Smith's flight to the Caribbean, has puzzled Birkhead.

"I've never had a person take off and run away from me, especially to another country," Birkhead told "Entertainment Tonight" in an interview airing tomorrow night and again Tuesday evening on WCBS/Channel 2.

I found out through friends" that the baby was born, Birkhead said. "I've had to stay glued to the TV."

Smith remained sequestered at her palatial waterfront mansion in the Bahamas yesterday, still reeling from her son's death in Nassau's Doctors Hospital.

The hospital where Smith gave birth is not far from where she recently purchased a home on the island - a purchase Birkhead thinks was calculated.

"The reason why, I was told, she went to the Bahamas was, I guess if a baby is born in the Bahamas and the mother is a resident of the Bahamas, I think it would be harder for a father who wanted to participate in a baby's life to be able to do so," Birkhead said in the interview.

The two met a few years ago at the Kentucky Derby, when Birkhead was assigned to snap photos of the former Playboy Playmate.

Click Here for the Anna Nicole Smith Celebrity Center

"For about 21/2 years, our relationship was personal," Birkhead said. Then Smith broke the news that he was to be a dad - and everything changed, he recalled.

"I've been told that I was the father from Anna. She said, 'We're having a baby,' and ever since then, my life has been totally different," he said.

Birkhead said he spoke to Smith the day before the baby girl, Hannah, was born and was hopeful that at the last minute, she'd change her mind and allow him to witness the birth.

In the early stages of Smith's pregnancy, Birkhead said, he was involved in everything from selecting a name to seeing the ultrasounds to listening to the baby's heartbeat. Then, at some point, Smith decided to cut ties.

"I've had to look on Anna's own Web site and pay $4.99 a month to get updates about the baby," he said.

He was shocked to hear about the death of Daniel, whom he described as a healthy college kid who regularly lifted weights and was in the process of choosing classes at Los Angeles Valley College. He called rumors surrounding his death - such as a drug overdose - "crazy."

Birkhead has no idea what Smith is feeling at this point, given the unimaginable coincidence of Hannah's birth and Daniel's death. "It's like something out of a bad movie," he said.

Smith was just 18 when Daniel was born. His father, Billy Smith, was a fry cook at a Texas restaurant where Smith once waitressed.

Birkhead longs to see both Smith and the baby, saying he wants to be an equal supporter.

"They're thousands of miles away and I don't know who's holding the baby, who's taking care of it. If you're hearing crazy things like Anna's memory loss, that right there signals to me that there is a need for the father more than ever," he said. "Being shut out like that, you just have to hope."

He's even gone as far as attending infant-care classes and taking child CPR classes to prepare.

"I've been shopping for the baby and it's heartbreaking," Birkhead said.

A paternity test may be in the future for Birkhead - it would "sting" if he's proven not to be the father, he said.

But if the infant is his - as he claims Smith told him - he wants to be part of her life.

"If it's proven I'm the father, like I feel in my heart that I am, then I just want to be a part of the baby's life," Birkhead said.

[/b]

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2006, 08:07:12 PM »

NASSAU, Bahamas (AP) - A pathologist hired by Anna Nicole Smith has completed a second autopsy on her son, Daniel, in the Bahamas.

Cyril Wecht, a forensic pathologist from Pittsburgh, said before the exam he would retrace the procedures of the local coroner's office. The local examiner had labeled the 20-year-old's death "suspicious" because the cause was unclear.

Afterward, Wecht said the repeat autopsy did not produce conclusive evidence of what killed Daniel Smith. Wecht says he has requested Smith's medical records from the United States and ordered further analyses that could take weeks to be completed.

He ruled out several potential natural causes, including heart disease or stroke. He also said that foul play was not involved.

Daniel Smith died September tenth in a hospital room where his mother was recuperating from giving birth three days earlier.

Photo Copyright Getty Images  

©2006 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be

justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2006, 10:52:09 PM »

There went my theory...

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2006, 12:39:27 PM »

NASSAU, Bahamas -        Anna Nicole Smith's son was on prescription anti-depression medication when he died at the hospital bedside of the former reality TV star, a pathologist who did a second autopsy on 20-year-old Daniel Smith said Monday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Forensic pathologist Cyril Wecht said Daniel Smith was being treated for depression that began about four to six weeks earlier, but he did not know whether the medication played any role in his death, which came three days after his celebrity mother gave birth in the Bahamas.

Wecht, speaking by phone from Miami a day after conducting the autopsy in the Bahamas, said he's still awaiting toxicology tests to determine the cause of death.

He said he and the Bahamian coroner who did the first autopsy agreed there was no evidence that Daniel Smith died from a "suicidal overdose."
Smith died Sept. 10 in the hospital room where the former Playboy model was recuperating from giving birth to a daughter.

Wecht said he spoke to the psychiatrist who treated Daniel Smith and was told the dosage of the antidepressant medication was "quite low" and that the depression "had to do with a girlfriend."

He did not provide further details and said others, including Anna Nicole Smith's attorney Howard K. Stern, said Daniel Smith had seemed to be in good spirits in the days before his death.

"He was delighted. He was happy to be there with his mother and his sister," Wecht told The Associated Press.

Earlier, Wecht said the autopsies have ruled out several natural causes and that the results of the drug and chemical analyses could take weeks. Investigators have said they did not find evidence of drugs in the room or obvious signs of a crime.Wecht, who gained fame as a consultant on celebrity cases including        Elvis Presley's death, ruled out several potential natural causes including heart disease, stroke, or a "congenital anomaly." He also said there was no indication of foul play.

"I don't find anything that would cause me to believe there is something in terms of some traumatic injury having been inflicted, or somebody having done something to him in some cryptic manner that could not be observed," he said.

Bahamian pathologists performed an autopsy Tuesday and were expecting toxicology results this week, but the coroner's office has said the findings will not be released before a jury inquest scheduled for Oct. 23.

Smith ordered the follow-up autopsy to end "media speculation surrounding the matter," said her Bahamian attorney, Michael Scott.

Head Bahamian coroner Linda Virgill said it was not unusual for families to ask for an independent examination.

A hearse took Smith's remains from the morgue to a funeral home making arrangements to return the body to California.

Wecht, 75, is facing trial on charges he used his staff when he was the coroner in Allegheny County, Pa., to do work for his multimillion-dollar private pathology practice. He resigned from office in January and contends he did nothing wrong.

He received international prominence as a critic of the Warren Commission's single-gunman theory of President Kennedy's assassination.

Smith, 38, who came to the Bahamas during her pregnancy to avoid media scrutiny, is free to leave the Caribbean island chain, authorities have said.

Scott said Smith was not prepared to speak with the media.

"She is depressed and she's at home, and remember that she's got a new child that she's looking after," he said.

Daniel Smith, who appeared several times on the E! reality series "The Anna Nicole Show," was the son of Anna Nicole and Bill Smith, who married in 1985 and divorced two years later.

The identity of the father of her newborn daughter has not been publicly released.

Smith married Texas oil tycoon J. Howard Marshall II in 1994, when she was 26 and he was 89. He died the following year and she has since been involved in legal disputes over the estate.

___

Associated Press writer Jessica Robertson in Nassau contributed to this report.

Email Story IM Story Discuss Printable View

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2006, 10:43:28 PM »

Here is a link of a cover story on AOL about Daniel and what happened.  According to this report there was no vomit or blood found.

http://celebrity.aol.com/people/ataol/articles/0,26618,1537047_1,00.html
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2006, 03:30:41 AM »

Today the media was jumping on the story that Anna Nicole sold pictures of her dead son for a lot of money. The press is going for sensationalism. The pics were not of the dead body, they were of him alive with his mother.

And considering the delayed lawsuit with Marshall's son, who recently died of a heart attack, Anna needs money.

Additionally, what possibly could be wrong with Anna wanting to world to see pics of Daniel? He was a beautiful young man.

San, thanks for the link to that article. I'm so sorry for Anna Nicole.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2006, 11:48:24 AM »

Anna Nicole Smith's Son Death Inquest May be Cancelled
Bahamas chief magistrate now says next month's scheduled inquiry into the death may not be necessary.

Anna Nicole Smith is gradually recovering from her son's death, says her attorney, even though authorities in the Bahamas are reconsidering the need for an inquest into the death of Daniel Smith, who died at her hospital bedsid eAnna Nicole Smith over a week ago.

The island's chief magistrate now says next month's scheduled inquiry into the death may not be necessary if tests show that that Daniel Smith, 20, died of natural causes. Toxicology tests are still pending.

A private pathologist hired by the family have said there was no evidence of homicide or suicide by overdosing on drugs, but the the cause of death is not released yet.

In the meanwhile, Anna Nicole Smith, 38, planned to file documents registering the birth of her 2-week-old daughter, but she declined to reveal the girl's name.

"She's much better," attorney Michael Scott said. "You never get over that, you get through it. Time is the catalyst for that."

Larry Birkhead, a photojournalist who claims to be the newborn girl's father, said he regretted missing the birth as he was shown photos of the girl by a correspondent for TV show "Entertainment Tonight."

"It just seems like I should have been on the other side of this picture," Birkhead said.

Smith's camp has been silent on the identity of the girl's father.

The private pathologist, Cyril Wecht, has said Smith was taking a low dose of antidepressants at the time of his death, but that it would take several weeks to complete toxicological tests to determine why he died.

Head Bahamian coroner Linda Virgill had scheduled the October 23 jury inquest to determine whether there should be criminal charges relating to Smith's death.

Daniel Smith, who appeared several times on the E! reality series The Anna Nicole Show, was the son of Anna Nicole and Bill Smith, who married in 1985 and divorced two years later.

The name of the father of her newborn daughter has not been released.

Smith, a former Playboy playmate, married Texas oil tycoon J Howard Marshall II in 1994, when she was 26 and he was 89. He died the following year and she has since been involved in legal disputes over the estate.
 Other News
Anna Nicole Smith's Son Death Inquest May be Cancelled
Jet Li Retiring, Fearless about Future

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2006, 09:07:55 PM »

I saw the magazine with the photos on Saturday at the nail salon. The pics of Anna, Daniel and Hannah were stunningly beautiful to my eyes. I've always thought she was gorgeous with the makeup and hairdo, but in these pics she was without makeup with her hair tied back ... and you know what? She is a natural beauty, absolutely ... and she looks better without makeup.

Apparently Daniel died from prescription meds - antidepressants, mixed with muscle relaxants and either Ambien or Lunesta, which taken normally would not have killed him. But this time it was a lethal mix in his body and I believe it surpressed his breathing.

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2006, 06:00:42 AM »

NASSAU, Bahamas (AP) - Two weeks after he died, the body of Anna Nicole Smith's grown son remains at a funeral home in the Bahamas.

Sources close to the family say Daniel Smith might be buried there. That could make sense, given that his famous mother was quickly given permanent residency in the Bahamas, where she went to avoid media scrutiny while pregnant.

But the residency decision is causing problems for the immigration minister. The opposition political party in the Bahamas wants an investigation over why Smith's application was fast-tracked.

Daniel Smith died September 10th at the hospital bedside of his mother, who'd given birth to another child a few days earlier. Tests that could reveal the cause of death won't be in until at least next week.

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2006, 02:17:26 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,215837,00.html

Interesting....

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2006, 12:37:07 AM »

Breaking News!

From Howard K. Stern on Larry King Live - the baby's name is no longer Hannah but it is now Danny. AND that HE, Howard, is the father of the baby and long time lover / companion of Anna Nicole Smith Marshall.

They wanted to keep it as secret as possible. To this point, the media did not know so the secret was well kept. However, Anna and Howard decided he should reveal the truth on Larry King. He, Anna, the baby and Daniel's remains are in the Bahamas. He looks very tired and grief-stricken. Anna is not having an easy time adjusting. Howard will submit to a DNA paternity test.

He is thrilled about the baby and looks forward to Anna, the baby and himself getting on with their lives. By the way, Howard is handsome and looks to be around 45.

The guy that claims to be the baby's father, is not the father. He is a golddigger and they expect him to sue them.

More later.

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2006, 12:38:43 AM »

Danny Lyn

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2006, 12:47:46 AM »

I hate to be obsessive but .... this was one of the best and most genuine interviews I've ever seen. Larry got a big scoop. It's gonna be in the magazines for a long time. He discussed wedding plans. So wedding photos will be expected.

He said the rumor of her selling the pics to pay for a funeral - is not true at all. He said they money is going to the Daniel Wayne Smith Foundation (for research).

Howard hopes that from this tragedy, Anna and her mother will reunite, as well as draw other estranged family members back to the fold.

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2006, 01:06:43 AM »

Heh, heh, I think I mentioned this possiblity back in the early pages of this thread.
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2006, 08:02:26 AM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
Heh, heh, I think I mentioned this possiblity back in the early pages of this thread.

You be a smart carnut!

JerseyMom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2006, 10:11:38 AM »

Carnut,
I thought of you as soon as I read the news about Anna's baby.  Good call!
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2006, 10:38:21 AM »

I think it's unethical for a lawyer to have a sexual relationship with a client.  He says they have been together for a while, so was Howard still her lawyer, as well as her lover?  Shocked

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2006, 11:07:45 AM »

Quote from: "Carnut"

You sure did call that one Carnut!

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2006, 11:10:51 AM »

Quote from: "pdh3"
I think it's unethical for a lawyer to have a sexual relationship with a client.  He says they have been together for a while, so was Howard still her lawyer, as well as her lover?  Shocked

If you didn't see an episode of her show when it aired, I thought Howard was as kooky as Anna Nicole, and found him strange from the get-go. I feel very sorry for the loss of Daniel, I just find AN and her attachments peculiar and often misguided.

I continue to stand with the girl.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.