April 24, 2024, 06:28:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chandra Levy  (Read 43945 times)
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: September 16, 2006, 06:26:16 PM »

I don't know much about this case.  I know she was an intern allegedly having an affair with Gary Conduit, who I have always believe was guilty, guilty, guilty of killing her or having her killed.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 10:33:41 AM by klaasend » Logged

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 07:41:57 PM »

Well lessee, Chandra told a friend she was dating someone who looked like 'Harrison Ford' or 'Robert Redford' don't remember which, and she thought that was pretty neat.

Chandra was reported to have looked at info/map/directions of some building in the park where the remains were eventually found, on the day she went missing.

Story seemed to be that she may have went jogging on day before leaving town to go home and that she may have been going to that place to meet someone.

The search by the DC police appeared to be a joke about like the ALE would do. Heard for many years that DC police is a joke. They also seem to be especially careful of political types and avoid getting them into any sort of trouble if possible.

Rumor was that Condit may have had her whacked if he didn't do it himself.
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2006, 08:36:48 PM »

And wasn't Condit's apartment absolutely spotless as far as hair, etc. from anyone other than himself?  Kinda like the Kalpoe car  Confused .

I always thought that was strange - also, remember his wife was visiting DC that week.....just throwing this stuff out as I recall.

Got to finish the TCU game.....then I can concentrate.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2006, 11:24:49 PM »

Chandra Levy went jogging the day before leaving town to home. And her computer logs did show she was looking at something in the park.

As far as I recall, when she disappeared, her purse and car and keys were left behind with the door unlocked and no sign of struggle or break in.

This happens often and friends and family say she never would have done that.

So another mystery to solve is what lures them out of their houses in such a way they would open the door and walk out with no fear or need to take purse and keys.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2006, 11:36:53 PM »

Quote from: "LouiseVargas"
Chandra Levy went jogging the day before leaving town to home. And her computer logs did show she was looking at something in the park.

As far as I recall, when she disappeared, her purse and car and keys were left behind with the door unlocked and no sign of struggle or break in.

This happens often and friends and family say she never would have done that.

So another mystery to solve is what lures them out of their houses in such a way they would open the door and walk out with no fear or need to take purse and keys.

Actually that is where I would say the crime started, I wouldn't think she would have voluntarily left  those things as found and the door unlocked unless she was forced to leave by some persons unknown.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006, 12:16:42 PM »

Some time ago, on a TV newsmagazine show this theory was presented as a warning to women.  

The kidnapper has a CD or tape device and plays the sound of a baby crying loudly outside the door, close enough for the person inside to hear it.  

I know that I would be alarmed or curious enough to unlock and open the door and look for the crying baby. I would not be holding my purse or keys when I opened that door.

Bobo2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006, 05:24:08 PM »

I followed this case very closely until 9-11-2001.  

I do not remember all the specifics, but I did at first suspect Gary Condit was involved in her disappearance.   As time went on and information leaked out, I came to believe she went to the Washington park for a jog and to meet up with Gary, but became the victim of random violence.  It is my belief that Gary Condit is guilty of withholding information from the police and her parents, especially in those crucial early days of the investigation.  I do not think he killed her or knows who did.

As far as the unlocked doors ...wasn't she living in an apartment complex with a security entrance?  If so, I do not find it that unusual that she would leave the apartment unlocked while she went out for a jog.  Stupid, but something I probably would have done at that age.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2006, 01:06:02 AM »

Bobo2,

Chandra did not go jogging the day she disappeared. I'm sure she took
her keys when she went jogging.

It was the next day when she disappeared without keys, purse, etc., door open. I've lived in security buildings and have been in such, and people always hold the door open for visitors and pizza deliveries, etc. The only time I would leave my keys and door unlocked would be to go to the trash. If I go to check mail, I have to have my keys in hand.

The first mistake Chandra made was to get involved with a married man.

Bobo2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2006, 03:02:07 PM »

Quote from: "LouiseVargas"

The first mistake Chandra made was to get involved with a married man.

Agreed. Louise!

Gosh, I've forgotten so many of the details of this crime.  Was her door open or just unlocked?

And, I agree about the "security doors" not being truly secure, but I also lived in a secure complex and sometimes left my door unlocked.  There was a vending machine and work-out room on another floor and I never brought my keys when I would go there.  I shudder to think how very lucky I was that no harm ever came my way.
Bobo2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2006, 03:30:27 PM »

Here is a portion of an article dated 5/23/02 in the San Francisco Chronicle.

http://tinyurl.co.uk/c321

Among those who may be questioned by police, investigators said, is a 20- year-old man sentenced last winter to prison for attacking two women in the same park where Levy was found -- in ways that resemble what could have happened to Levy.

Both victims of the earlier attacks were jogging through the park, and the attacker tried to steal their Sony Walkmans -- the same type of portable tape player found with Levy's remains. Levy was apparently wearing jogging clothes when she died, lending credibility to an early theory that she disappeared while jogging.

"We'll be reinterviewing people," said Kelly Houston, spokesman for the Stanislaus County sheriff's office, which is investigating the case along with D.C. police.

Forensics examiners in Washington were poring over Levy's bones, the tape player and several largely intact pieces of clothing, including a sweat shirt, sweat pants and jogging bra. They remained hopeful that something will emerge from within the pile of evidence -- bullet holes, hair, fibers or other things -- to give clues to how Levy died.

A man searching for turtles Wednesday stumbled across the woman's remains in Rock Creek Park, along with the jogging clothes, tape player and a ring she wore with her initials on it.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2006, 10:10:31 PM »

One other thing I remembered was that they didn't see the body in that area in the inital search... it was like she had been put there after the search was over.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2006, 11:38:40 PM »

Hi Bobo2,

Thanks for the link to the SF Chronicle article. I did not realize Chandra was found wearing jogging clothes.

And Mrs. Red, I do remember the searchers didn't find the body in the initial search and then she was found in that area later.

I would say if she went jogging on the day she died, she took her keys. But her keys were found in her apartment.

I remember hearing her door was open, not just unlocked. This is very mysterious because if the perp grabbed her after she opened her door and went into the hallway, and he took her back into her apartment - there would have been signs of a struggle. So perhaps she was already dressed in jogging clothes and going for a quick jog in the park before going back to her place and changing clothes to fly home to California.

I understand when she was found, there were only bones and clothes AND NO KEYS. And that says to me, she did not go jogging because if she did, she would have taken her keys.

I don't think she would have said something like this to Condit - "Divorce your wife and marry me or else I'll ruin your career." That would never have worked. I just don't have any feelings about Condit being involved.

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2006, 03:55:11 PM »

LV,
I think that politicans will do and say anything to stay in office... witness Charlie Wrangle today...

i have always thought that Conduit was involved, and he wasn't going to get caught (or so he thought) by the media - and when this happened I think we were all sick of sex in DC... and he was afraid of losing his seat....

anyway,  that is my thought...

Appeals
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2006, 05:43:11 PM »

The Chandra Levy case fascinated me for a long time because I was recovering from knee surgery right after 9/11, in fact the surgery was almost delayed because of the Red Cross being so tied up with blood donations for the 9/11 victims that my need to donate blood for my own surgery banking almost did not happen.  I digress...

If you want to read a fascinating theory of what really happened to Chandra, go to this cached link and read.  The original site is unavailable right now because of exceeding bandwidth or some such.

http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:aKgUTlLAQh4J:www.geocities.com/northstarzone
/LEVY.html+Chandra+Levy&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=4

As outlandish as this seems on first glance, I did some spot checking in the past and what I was able to find checked out.  Let me know what y'all think.

Appeals
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2006, 06:08:41 PM »

Also, Candice Delong, FBI profiler, had some interesting things to say.  Listent to the tape at the left hand, bottom of page.  Premeditated, not a random act, football fields from the jogging path, Chandra had specifically told friends and family how dangerous that area of the park was, that she would not have gone there alone, but only to meet someone she trusted or in the company of someone she trusted.

http://www.apfn.org/APFN/chandra_levy.htm

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2007, 03:54:26 PM »

Chandra Levy's Remains Found in Rock Creek Park Five Years Ago This Week

Chandra Levy's Mother Wants Case Solved
Article May 24, 2007

http://tinyurl.com/2ztqrs

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2007, 06:49:26 PM »

Chandra Levy's Mom "I know what happened"

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=state&id=5336116

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2007, 08:51:27 PM »

Hey Muffy ~ I was just lookin' around to see if anyone ever posted about Chandra.  That whole case intrigues me, in addition to wanting it solved for her loving parents.  No matter what, I absolutely believe *gary* as his kids call him  Rolling Eyes  is involved.  Remember how his apartment looked as if no one had EVER been inside.  Too clean.  I know she wasn't murdered there, but you know she had to have left DNA in the apartment.  What I'm saying is that he lied, odd huh, about having an affair with her.   Rolling Eyes  Okay, I'll quit rambling.  

As I've always said, he's the only one who breathed a sigh of relief at 9/11.  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2007, 04:02:43 PM »

Quote from: "tcumom"
Hey Muffy ~ I was just lookin' around to see if anyone ever posted about Chandra.  That whole case intrigues me, in addition to wanting it solved for her loving parents.  No matter what, I absolutely believe *gary* as his kids call him  Rolling Eyes  is involved.  Remember how his apartment looked as if no one had EVER been inside.  Too clean.  I know she wasn't murdered there, but you know she had to have left DNA in the apartment.  What I'm saying is that he lied, odd huh, about having an affair with her.   Rolling Eyes  Okay, I'll quit rambling.  

As I've always said, he's the only one who breathed a sigh of relief at 9/11.  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

I started doing more research on Chandra and came across a couple websites that talked about her being an agent and etc.  I don't know about conspiracy theories...

Katysmom
Monkey Junky

Everyone needs a helping hand once in a while

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2007, 11:55:24 AM »

By PAUL DAVENPORT, Associated Press Writer

PHOENIX - A judge dismissed former U.S. Rep. Gary Condit's defamation lawsuit against an Arizona newspaper that said the Democrat had lied to investigators about his relationship with a Washington intern who was later found dead.

The Sonoran News, a weekly that describes itself as "The Conservative Voice of Arizona," had included the statement in a 2005 article about Condit's brother.

Condit served 13 years in Congress before losing re-election in 2002 after the disappearance of the intern, Chandra Levy, whose remains were found in May 2002 in a Washington park.

Condit denied involvement in Levy's disappearance and death. No one has been charged in her death.

Judge Kristin Hoffman ruled that Condit was a public figure, had failed to prove that the statement was false, and had failed to show that the newspaper published it with either knowledge that it was false or with reckless disregard as to its truth.

An affidavit provided by Condit did not deny that he lied to investigators, and he balked at answering questions on whether he told investigators that he had a "romantic and-or sexual relationship with Chandra Levy," Hoffman wrote in her ruling, filed Thursday.

Condit attorney Jeff M. Brown of Boca Raton, Fla., was disappointed with the ruling and said he and his client had not decided whether to appeal.

"It's unfortunate that there's no protection for public figures in Arizona and that the defamations can just be repeated, irrespective of their truth," Brown said. "I don't think we could have proved any more than we proved."

Condit reportedly told police he had an affair with Levy, but in a sworn deposition in an earlier defamation case, he denied being romantically involved with the intern and insisted "we were friends."

After losing his congressional seat, Condit and his wife, Carolyn, bought a home in a Phoenix suburb, according to Maricopa County property tax records. Brown declined to say where Condit lives.

Sonoran News lawyer Daniel Barr said the newspaper would ask that Condit be ordered to pay its legal fees.

If love could of saved you, you would of lived forever
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.