April 19, 2024, 11:32:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Power of Stereotypes  (Read 4740 times)
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« on: September 17, 2006, 12:16:35 AM »

I found this story to be kinda neat The Power of Stereotypes

I think it may explain why I did so well in school. I suspicion several of my teachers were aware of my IQ and always telling me I was expected to do well.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 11:11:56 AM »

Good piece Carnut, you had great teachers too.

Words have great power in our lives, they can uplift, they can build, they can enable -- and they can corrupt, they can defame, and they can destroy.

They can also reveal motivations quite aptly, some folks aren't real smart about recognizing that your own words are revealing about whether you do as you say, or if you only beat up others with your own issues. Just ask a tiara  Wink

I continue to stand with the girl.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2006, 02:15:31 PM »

That is a very good article Carnut.  We as a society need to stop telling our young women they are inferior in any way.  Gender has nothing to do with intelligence no matter what we have been told.  Neither does race nor ethnicity.  We are, after all, all human beings with the same genetic make up and potential.

Some will vary and excel, sure, but that is a random variable and not a pre-set outcome.

Thanks for posting that although being female and of questionable IQ, it did take me a moment to figure out to click on the title to read the article.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.