April 24, 2024, 01:34:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Skeletal remains found 9/27/08 Calhoun County SC  (Read 6941 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: September 28, 2008, 07:40:59 PM »

Skeletal remains found in Calhoun County
Posted: Sep 27, 2008 11:01 PM EDT

CALHOUN COUNTY, SC (WIS) - Officials in Calhoun County say they have found the remains of a human body.

Deputies say the skeleton was found at an old crime scene out in the woods. However, they have not released an exact location yet.

Authorities do say the scene looks like a homicide.

Right now, a forensics team is working to determine the age, race, gender, and cause of death.

Authorities are still investigating, but you can count on WIS News 10 to bring you the latest details on this story as they become available.

http://www.wistv.com/global/story.asp?s=9086221

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 07:20:13 PM »

Calhoun County and  Allendale, SC (Allendale County) are apx. 60 miles apart...give or take. Erica Bradley went missing from Allendale SC.
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=551.0

SC County map
http://geology.com/county-map/south-carolina.shtml

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 08:59:25 PM »

FEMALE
Skeletal remains found in Calhoun County
Updated: Sep 29, 2008 07:22 PM EDT

ST. MATTHEWS, SC (WIS) - Officials in Calhoun County say they have found the remains of a human body.

Deputies say the skeleton was found Saturday in the woods in the northwest portion of the county. Sheriff Thomas Summers refuses to specify an exact location.

"According to some of the things that we can't disclose at this point due to the investigation, we're treating it as a homicide. So, yeah, in my opinion there is a crime that occurred there," Summers said.

The remains found are those of a female, possibly between 30 and 50 years of age, about 5'3" to 5'7" tall. Summers says the woman might have had blonde hair. He says investigators found "very little" clothing and not enough to help identify the victim.

Authorities believe the remains have been there for more than a year. Coroner Donnie Porth says the remains might have been disturbed by animals.

They say there are no obvious signs of trauma but the case is being treated as a homicide. Summers says he can't disclose why he believes that.

Summers does say this was a case of foul play.

"We do not have a cause of death yet. We're still waiting on some additional test results, to see if that can even be determined at this point. We're also waiting on some possible DNA results," Summers said.

Dental records will be checked to try to determine an identity. Authorities along with SLED are still investigating.

No indications yet how the woman died, or whether that can even be determined.

As for any missing persons matching the description, Summers said he couldn't think of any, but it's also very possible the victim was not from Calhoun County.

http://www.wistv.com/global/story.asp?s=9086221

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 09:00:42 PM »

ST. MATTHEWS, SC
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=ST.+MATTHEWS,+SC&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=title

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 07:40:57 PM »

FINALLY a clay composite!

Published: March 6, 2009

The Calhoun County Sheriff’s Office and The South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED) released a 3-D facial reconstruction Friday of what an apparent female murder victim may have looked like before she died.

Investigators didn’t know the exact cause of death but they’re treating the case as a homicide.

The woman’s partial, skeletal remains were found on September 27, 2008 in a wooded area of Calhoun County, near Saint Matthews.

A forensic pathologist determined they may have been there between one and five years.

Investigators believe she was white, 40 to 44 years old with blondish/brown hai approximately 5’6” tall.

They found other evidence at the scene, including a black, cotton nightshirt with a bear design on it containing the words “Beary Heavenly.”

Authorities are asking for the public’s help in identifying the woman.

If someone recognizes the face in the clay rendering, they are urged to call the Calhoun County Sheriff’s Office at (803) 874-2741 or CrimeStoppers at 1-888-CRIME-SC.

http://www.counton2.com/cbd/news/state_regional/article/investigators_try_to_identify_womans_body_found_near_saint_matthews/21697/

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 07:46:36 PM »

http://www.thetandd.com/articles/200...s/13655691.txt

Authorities still seeking identity of dead woman
Monday, April 13, 2009

ST. MATTHEWS - The search for a Jane Doe's identity is continuing in Calhoun County a month after law enforcement officials released the facial reconstruction of a woman whose skeletal remains were found in a remote wooded area last year.

After following leads locally, Calhoun County investigators have opened up their search.

"Obviously, you got to start somewhere, so we started locally and then worked statewide, then throughout the Southeast," Calhoun County Sheriff Thomas Summers said. "We've been looking nationally, but our focus has been more local, in the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic."

On Sept. 27, 2008, a concerned resident notified deputies after discovering the skeletal remains of a woman believed to have been the victim of a homicide. However, no identification was found with the remains.

Officials have not disclosed the reasons they believe the woman was murdered.

Since the facial reconstruction taken from the skeletal remains was released March 6, investigators say thousands of missing persons reports have been researched and phone tips followed.

But the dead woman remains a Jane Doe.

The woman's physical characters and possible hair color have been used to search a national data base. The result of that search has been more than 300 names of women who have been reported missing in the Southeast over the past seven years. Some "hits" came from as far away as Ohio and Michigan. Those have since been ruled out.

Summers said each name they've looked at takes about a week to be eliminated. The records for each have to be obtained from the agency reporting a missing person and then compared with the Calhoun County Jane Doe.

So far, 20 women locally and in the Southeast have been removed from the list of potential identities.

Calhoun County authorities are continuing the effort to find out who Jane Doe is with the help of the State Law Enforcement Division and the FBI.

"And we've contacted 'America's Most Wanted' to see if they could run it on that program," Summers said. "We're doing everything possible to ascertain her identity."

Summers said his investigators have not run out of leads but want to keep the woman in the public's mind in the event anyone may have known her or have any clue as to who she was.

"We're not going to stop until we find out who she is," he said.

Anyone with any information is asked to contact the Calhoun County Sheriff's Office at 803-874-2741.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 07:48:29 PM »

Jammie shirt possibly looks like this

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2009, 08:16:40 PM »

Still no identity on Jane Doe
Thursday, May 21, 2009

ST. MATTHEWS – The discovery of a body on the side of a road in Calhoun County Wednesday morning is the second such grisly find in the county within the past year.

But Calhoun County Sheriff Thomas Summers says the skeletal remains of the still-unidentified woman found in a remote wooded area on Sept. 27 last year is in no way connected with the body of a woman discovered on the side of the road near Interstate 26 Wednesday. (Later ID'd as Azell Barton)

Both bodies were found in relatively remote locations about 15 to 18 miles apart.

“Absolutely not,” Summers said. “I think this (the body discovered Wednesday) is just an act of violence probably committed by someone I think we will catch very shortly.” (Azell Barton murder suspect, Thomas Lamar Taylor arrested) http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=10404942&nav=0RaPcvkq

On Sept. 27, 2008, a concerned resident notified deputies after discovering the skeletal remains of a woman believed to have been the victim of a homicide. However, no identification was found with the remains. Officials have not disclosed the reasons they believe the woman was murdered.

“We are just following up on leads as they come in, but we have not gotten anything,” Summers said Wednesday.

The search for the Jane Doe’s identity is continuing two months after law enforcement released the facial reconstruction of the woman. Since the facial reconstruction taken from the skeletal remains was released March 6, investigators say thousands of missing-persons reports have been researched and phone tips followed. But the dead woman remains a Jane Doe.

The woman’s physical characteristics and possible hair color have been used to search a national data base. The result has been more than 300 names of women reported missing in the Southeast over the past seven years. The records for each have to be obtained from the agency reporting a missing person and then compared with the Calhoun County Jane Doe.

The State Law Enforcement Division and the FBI have assisted Calhoun County with the search.

Anyone with information about the case is asked to contact the Calhoun County Sheriff’s Office at 803-874-2741.

http://www.thetandd.com/articles/2009/05/21/news/doc4a14d7405b5a1528039015.txt

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 01:33:47 PM »

12/13/10
snipped

Prodan says a bracelet with the name “Maria” etched on it was found with the skeletal remains. With the facial reconstruction model, the information on her attire and the bracelet, Prodan says someone who knows the victim should come forward.  However, he adds that the person or persons may be afraid to come forward for several reasons including those that may have legal ramifications.
http://www.southcarolinaradionetwork.com/2010/12/13/new-information-on-skeletal-remains-found-in-calhoun-county-audio/

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.