April 26, 2024, 04:32:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #34  (Read 377911 times)
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #400 on: October 01, 2008, 11:09:36 PM »

I am in no way attacking Tony, i feel bad for the poor guy!  But i wonder how Casey got his car keys.  I ususally bring my keys when I leave on vacation.  Have to get back in when I get home.  I wonder why his roommats didn't notice or even tell him.
Just wondering.............?

That's a good question.  I haven't looked in the Tony thread for a couple of days but maybe we should ask him, or ask Kristin to ask him?

I was wondering that too and i reread his interview. He must have known she had access to the keys or had an arrangement while he was in new york because she picked him up in the jeep when he returned.

With my car, only a dealer can get duplicate keys... maybe that is the car dealership connection?  Anybody know if they can get car keys made say maybe at Home Depot?

Maybe one of her cop friends gave her a "slim jim" .. (eeks, maybe they did that literally too!  )

Kristin
Monkey Junky

« Reply #401 on: October 01, 2008, 11:11:47 PM »

I am almost positive that she had access to his keys for the sole purpose of picking and dropping him off at airport and just in case she needed it..but not to use it like she did
Monkey See Monkey Do
Scared Monkey

« Reply #402 on: October 01, 2008, 11:12:06 PM »

Is it just me or wtf???  It seems like everything (well alot) of this investigation is based on gas...  This slores life is all about a gas can!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monkey See Monkey Do- Monkey get in trouble too!!!
mammy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #403 on: October 01, 2008, 11:12:30 PM »

This is from myfoxorlando blog.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #404 on: October 01, 2008, 11:12:35 PM »

Maybe one of her cop friends gave her a "slim jim" .. (eeks, maybe they did that literally too!
I guess I really meant "figuratively"! 

marymary
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #405 on: October 01, 2008, 11:13:12 PM »

One plus for Casey when she gets to prison, she states on her MySpace acct. that she is "bi."  I guess that will be one less shocking adjustment to make.

really? I had not heard that.  When did she find the time?
She was an event planner/swinger...with a Nanny.
Hudsunn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #406 on: October 01, 2008, 11:13:30 PM »

I suppose the defense can just sit back and say to the prosecution, Prove It.  But he knows that in murder cases, circumstantial evidence can be very compelling.  Very few murders are committed in broad daylight in front of witnesses.  Murders are done under cover of darkness or in a very private place.  There is usually considerable effort to cover up or destroy evidence.  So, many murderers are convicted on circumstantial evidence.  There are tons of circumstantial evidence against Casey, as well as some forensic evidence.  I think they could also establish a motive, though one is not required for conviction.  But it certainly seems that Casey did not want the responsibility of a child and that she and her mother had come to an impasse about who should have Caylee. 

So there you have it.  Casey had Opportunity.  She had a motive.  And much of her behavior, such as the little poem she posted, could point to Consciousness of Guilt.  Even if they never find the body and cannot know how Caylee died, we know that those things are not absolutely necessary. 

As to defense --  I think that he will tell Casey eventually that she is going to have to plea bargain.  If she risks a trial, she may very well end up with the death penalty or life in prison.  He may be able to convince her that a plea deal in which she admits to an accidental death and cover up is the best way to go.

I agree that it would be hard to claim insanity, although her behavior indicates a seriously disturbed person.  I don't think she qualifies as legally insane.  Much of what she has said and done speaks to a very keen awareness of right and wrong, just an indifference to them.

I don't think tossing someone else under the bus will help.  Who else has abandoned a car that smelled of death?  Who else has waited for weeks before even telling anyone Caylee was missing?  Who else had access to the child after Casey left home with her?  And the fact that Casey herself has stuck to the "Zenaida did it" routine for this long seems to negate any chance to pin it on someone else. 

Baez could never put Casey on the stand, and it seems to me, that he will have trouble with her parents and brother, too, since they have contradicted themselves so many times.

always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #407 on: October 01, 2008, 11:15:13 PM »

Can't you still go to Ace Hardware and get a car key made, unless your driving a Beemer or something with one of those funny built in keys????

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
mrsrocko19
Monkey Junky

Earth has no sorrow, Heaven cannot heal..

« Reply #408 on: October 01, 2008, 11:15:52 PM »

I am almost positive that she had access to his keys for the sole purpose of picking and dropping him off at airport and just in case she needed it..but not to use it like she did
I just wonder if any of those she picked up and dropped off at the airport,May have noticed her acting funny driving by where she may have put caylee..Did she stare out into the woods or exhale loudly or slow down a little
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #409 on: October 01, 2008, 11:17:25 PM »

I suppose the defense can just sit back and say to the prosecution, Prove It.  But he knows that in murder cases, circumstantial evidence can be very compelling.  Very few murders are committed in broad daylight in front of witnesses.  Murders are done under cover of darkness or in a very private place.  There is usually considerable effort to cover up or destroy evidence.  So, many murderers are convicted on circumstantial evidence.  There are tons of circumstantial evidence against Casey, as well as some forensic evidence.  I think they could also establish a motive, though one is not required for conviction.  But it certainly seems that Casey did not want the responsibility of a child and that she and her mother had come to an impasse about who should have Caylee. 

So there you have it.  Casey had Opportunity.  She had a motive.  And much of her behavior, such as the little poem she posted, could point to Consciousness of Guilt.  Even if they never find the body and cannot know how Caylee died, we know that those things are not absolutely necessary. 

As to defense --  I think that he will tell Casey eventually that she is going to have to plea bargain.  If she risks a trial, she may very well end up with the death penalty or life in prison.  He may be able to convince her that a plea deal in which she admits to an accidental death and cover up is the best way to go.

I agree that it would be hard to claim insanity, although her behavior indicates a seriously disturbed person.  I don't think she qualifies as legally insane.  Much of what she has said and done speaks to a very keen awareness of right and wrong, just an indifference to them.

I don't think tossing someone else under the bus will help.  Who else has abandoned a car that smelled of death?  Who else has waited for weeks before even telling anyone Caylee was missing?  Who else had access to the child after Casey left home with her?  And the fact that Casey herself has stuck to the "Zenaida did it" routine for this long seems to negate any chance to pin it on someone else. 

Baez could never put Casey on the stand, and it seems to me, that he will have trouble with her parents and brother, too, since they have contradicted themselves so many times.

I think you make great points! I think the longer she holds out without trying the "accident" plea -- the less likely a jury would buy it. In fact, I think that ship has sailed. She had that chance about a month ago (Labor Day weekend).

always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #410 on: October 01, 2008, 11:17:53 PM »

But what about temporary insanity????  It's really hard to prove what her mindset was at the moment, right?????

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
mammy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #411 on: October 01, 2008, 11:18:42 PM »

Can't you still go to Ace Hardware and get a car key made, unless your driving a Beemer or something with one of those funny built in keys????

Most newer cars, one has to obtain a duplicate key from the dealership.
marymary
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #412 on: October 01, 2008, 11:18:52 PM »

Great post as usual, thanks
mammy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #413 on: October 01, 2008, 11:20:46 PM »

But what about temporary insanity????  It's really hard to prove what her mindset was at the moment, right?????

KC knows the difference between right and wrong.  IMO, temporary insanity would never hold up.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #414 on: October 01, 2008, 11:21:11 PM »

The vast majority of murders are committed by family members/spouses/lovers etc. These are "crimes of passion". Since the cover-up/denial has gone on so long -- even that defense is shakey here.

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #415 on: October 01, 2008, 11:21:35 PM »

I skipped ahead but saw posts about Casey using Tony's car....it made me think of my older son's new car...bought end of June...one key, which was troublesome from the start....ended up that the car had to be towed to a dealership just over the 30 day warranty because the alarm went off and the engine locked....new key had to be made after towing.......think she had good keys...not faulty like the 'one' our son got from the dealership...jmho

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
marymary
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #416 on: October 01, 2008, 11:22:17 PM »

Yesterday NG brought up the question of what a lawyer does if his client admits to where a body is hidden.  Anyone see that?  I think one of the options was obtaining new counsel..not sure I understood it?? 
jaggard19
Scared Monkey

« Reply #417 on: October 01, 2008, 11:22:48 PM »

That's a good question.  I haven't looked in the Tony thread for a couple of days but maybe we should ask him, or ask Kristin to ask him?
[/quote]

I was wondering that too and i reread his interview. He must have known she had access to the keys or had an arrangement while he was in new york because she picked him up in the jeep when he returned.
[/quote]

See our own thread for Tony, page 2, bottom of the page regarding use of his vehicle.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=3434.20

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #418 on: October 01, 2008, 11:23:59 PM »

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
mrsrocko19
Monkey Junky

Earth has no sorrow, Heaven cannot heal..

« Reply #419 on: October 01, 2008, 11:26:19 PM »

Watching ng tonight i did notice the statement the forensic guy working for the defence said..He said it wasn't the defences opinion but his that they are going to have trouble fighting against the dna evidence...That mean to me he has seen it and it's good...jmo
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.