April 24, 2024, 07:51:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Four People Arrested in Teens Abduction  (Read 7578 times)
Shell
Monkey Junky

« on: October 01, 2008, 04:33:01 AM »

http://www.10news.com/news/17594427/detail.html

POSTED: 5:42 pm PDT September 30, 2008
UPDATED: 9:28 pm PDT September 30, 2008

SAN DIEGO -- Two men and two women were jailed Tuesday on suspicion of abducting a 14-year-old El Cajon girl with the intent of forcing her into prostitution, authorities said.

The teen called police from a pay phone in downtown Oceanside about 5 a.m. to report that she had been brought to the city against her will the previous evening, then held in a motel room overnight, Sgt. Kelan Poorman said.

The girl reported that the kidnappers beat, robbed and fondled her, and forced her to disrobe and pose for nude photographs, according to Poorman.

"The motive for the pictures was to have her information placed on a Web site to sell her into prostitution," he said.

The teen told police she escaped from the rented room in the 1800 block of South Coast Highway in the early morning, after her captors fell asleep.

Officers went to the motel and arrested Chula Vista resident Shawndrea Dorrough, 21; Patrick Jones, 20, and Dywane Tousant, 22, both of San Diego; and Dominique Willis, 19, of Spring Valley.

They were booked into the Vista Jail on suspicion of kidnapping for purposes of extortion, conspiracy to commit pimping and pandering, lewd and lascivious acts and robbery, the sergeant said.

The victim told investigators she had accepted a ride from the suspects about 8 p.m. Monday, after getting lost while on the way to a friend's house and winding up at a trolley stop in the North Park area of San Diego.

The abductors got the girl to get into the vehicle by offering to drive her home, according to Poorman.
Copyright 2008 by City Wire. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed

Note: On news this afternoon, they said the 4 had a baby with them. They offered the girl a ride, said they were stopping at the hotel, I forget what their excuse was. I imagine she trusted the 4 because they had a child with them. (I really hope I did this post correctly.)

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 07:51:40 AM »

OCEANSIDE: El Cajon girl escapes motel
Four arrested in alleged prostitution scheme, police say
By SARAH GORDON - Staff Writer | Tuesday, September 30, 2008 6:09 PM PDT ∞

OCEANSIDE ---- Two sisters and two men were arrested Tuesday after they allegedly kidnapped a 14-year-old girl in San Diego and photographed her naked in an Oceanside motel room in a scheme to sell her into prostitution, authorities said.

Watch the video

At about 5 a.m. Tuesday, the girl escaped her captors, who were sleeping in a room at the Oceanside Inn and Suites after a night of forcing her to pose nude, police spokesman Sgt. Kelan Poorman said.

She went to the 7-Eleven on Cassidy Street and South Coast Highway half a block from the motel and called 911 from a pay phone.

"She was somewhat calm," Poorman said of the El Cajon girl's demeanor when police found her.

At the motel, police arrested Dywane Tousant, 22, and Patrick Jones, 20, both of San Diego, as well as sisters Shawndrea Dorrough, 21, of Chula Vista, and Dominique Willis, 19, of Spring Valley.

Willis had her 8-month-old daughter with her, Poorman said. The infant was taken into protective custody.

The kidnapping victim was in good shape and was returned to her family in El Cajon, Poorman said.

Her ordeal began about 12 hours earlier when she meant to go to a friend's house, but boarded the wrong trolley in El Cajon and ended up in San Diego at 32nd Street and University Avenue, Poorman said.

After the girl spent about an hour there trying to figure out how to get home, the suspects pulled up and offered her a ride, Poorman said.

They allegedly told her they had to go to Oceanside to drop off the baby and then would take her home.

But when they got to Oceanside, they took her to the motel room, slapped her around and forced her to take her clothes off, Poorman said. When the girl tried to use her cell phone to get help, they snatched it from her, he said.

Investigators are not sure why the suspects took the girl to Oceanside.

They allegedly took pictures of the girl in explicit poses and told her they were going to put them on a Web site to sell her as a prostitute.

She was not raped and did not require medical attention after she escaped, Poorman said. No weapons were found at the motel.

Poorman said the four suspects were all on probation for previous charges, but he declined to detail their criminal records.

They were booked into the Vista jail on charges that included kidnapping for extortion, conspiracy to commit pimping and pandering, lewd and lascivious acts and robbery.

Police will continue to investigate the case, Poorman said.

"It is very unusual for something like this to happen," he said.

Contact staff writer Sarah Gordon at (760) 740-3517 or sgordon@nctimes.com.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 04:17:32 PM »

Teen forced to pose nude tells court of ordeal
Prosecutors say girl kidnapped for trafficking

TERI FIGUEROA - Staff Writer | Posted: Monday, February 23, 2009 12:00 am

VISTA -- A 14-year-old girl testified Monday that what started off as a joyride with strangers turned ugly when the people she was with forced her to disrobe and pose nude for pictures to promote her on the Internet as a prostitute.

"They said I wasn't going home until I made $5,000," said the girl, identified in court only as "Jane Doe."

She said her captors eventually fell asleep, and she used the opportunity to flee the Oceanside motel room where they had been holding her for a few hours.

Four defendants -- two men and two women -- were in court Monday for a preliminary hearing, a key proceeding at the end of which a judge determines if there is enough evidence to force them to stand trial.

The hearing is expected to wrap up tomorrow afternoon.

Shawndrea Dorrough, 21, Patrick Jones, 20, and Dywane Tousant, 22, and Dominique Willis, 19, have pleaded not guilty to kidnapping for extortion, human trafficking, robbery, sexual battery and pimping, stemming from the September 2008 incident in which the defendants are accused of beating, robbing and fondling the 14-year-old girl.

If convicted of kidnapping, the defendants face the possibility of life in prison.

On top of that, Dorrough, Jones and Tousant also have pleaded not guilty to human trafficking and pandering of a child under 16 for their alleged role in forcing a different teenager into prostitution for a three-day stretch around March 2008.

The 14-year-old victim testified that, in late September, she got lost looking for a friend's home, and willingly went with the four defendants after the two men started chatting with her outside of a fast food restaurant and offered her a ride.

She said she was not scared during the drive from San Diego to Oceanside, nor did she try to flee.

But that changed, she said, after the defendants told her she could not go home. She said Willis slapped her and told her to "stop crying."

She said they then forced her to disrobe -- she did so in a closet in the motel room, she said -- and snapped pictures of her throughout the motel room, with the two men forcing her into provocative positions.

Someone ordered her to sleep in a corner of the room and warned her not to flee, she testified. When the four defendants fell asleep, she slipped out of the room and rushed to an all-night convenience store down the road, where the clerk helped her call police.

Aside from testimony from the teenager, Superior Court Judge Aaron Katz also heard from an investigator who said his office located a second alleged victim, also a 14-year-old girl.

District Attorney Investigator John Morgans said that the second teen told him that she met Dorrough, Jones and Tousant last March, and that the three of them pressed her into working as a prostitute on the street. Morgans said the girl told him she "walked the track" (worked the streets) for three days -- but did not proposition anyone or perform any sex acts -- before she fled.

http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/sdcounty/article_570c7065-4a14-5aea-b6f2-ccf545a2ee4e.html?print=1

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 04:26:05 PM »

Judge sets aside kidnapping charges in trial
Other counts stay in abduction case

By J. Harry Jones

STAFF WRITER
2:00 a.m. February 26, 2009

NORTH COUNTY COURTS — Four defendants will not face kidnapping charges but will be tried for less serious crimes relating to the alleged abduction of a 14-year-old girl in San Diego who was driven to an Oceanside motel, where prosecutors say she was forced to disrobe and pose for photographs that were posted on the Internet.

The kidnapping for extortion charges, which carried a potential maximum sentence of life in prison, were discharged by Vista Superior Court Judge Aaron Katz yesterday.

Katz said the evidence did not support the charge because the girl willingly went with the defendants and later left the motel room after all four fell asleep. In addition, he said, a major element of a kidnapping charge – that it be done to gain reward or ransom – did not appear to apply to the case.

Shawndrea Dorrough, 21, Patrick Jones, 20, Dywane Tousant, 22, and Dominique Willis, 19, were bound over for trial at the conclusion of a three-day preliminary hearing on other felony charges, including human trafficking of a victim under age 16, pandering of a victim under 16, employment of a minor to perform prohibited acts and robbery.

Katz said he had problems with the testimony of the 14-year-old, who told the defendants she had experience with pimps and prostitutes and gave various accounts of what transpired the night of Sept. 29.

“I would readily concede this victim has credibility problems,” he said. “However, I'm not convinced she should be disbelieved in all aspects of her testimony.”

The girl testified that she got lost looking for a friend's home in North Park and willingly went with the four defendants after they offered her a ride outside a fast-food restaurant.

Prosecutor Brenda Daly said it wasn't until they reached a motel room in Oceanside that the girl realized they were demanding she pose naked. Her services as a prostitute were then advertised on Craigslist.

“She was told she couldn't leave until she made them $5,000,” Daly said.

The girl testified that she was told she would be killed if she tried to leave.

Daly described the victim as disturbingly “seasoned” for her age, “but she is also still a 14-year-old girl in many respects. She was frightened, wanted to leave and wanted her mother.”

Daly said the defendants could all face at least 10 years in prison if convicted of all the remaining counts, which include several charges concerning a second person, a 14-year-old girl who reported earlier last year that three people had abducted her. The girl saw a news story and photographs about this case and told authorities that Dorrough, Jones and Tousant had been her abductors last April.

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/feb/26/1m26kidnap002544-judge-sets-aside-kidnapping-charg/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.