April 18, 2024, 06:38:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CSI BODIES - FIRST LA, NOW MIAMI  (Read 6151 times)
festa
Scared Monkey

« on: September 17, 2006, 04:04:39 PM »

Art imitating Life? or Life (death) imitating Art?

Body Washes Up Near 'CSI: Miami' Set

MIAMI -- A fictional crime scene staged for "CSI: Miami" became part of a real police investigation after a man's body floated near the television series' film crew, authorities said.

The body washed up early Friday at the water's edge in Bicentennial Park, which film crews were using as a helicopter staging ground for aerial shots of a fictional offshore investigation for the CBS show, police said.

A homeless man spotted the body and alerted an off-duty police officer who was working security on the set, police said. The body had no signs of trauma; an autopsy was scheduled, though the death was not considered suspicious, according to authorities.

"Unfortunately, it's not unusual during certain times of the year that people who have fallen in the bay, either homeless or people who were asleep or in some cases boaters who had a mishap, fall into the bay and turn up days later," said Detective Delrish Moss, a Miami police spokesman.

It's not the first dead body to make an unexpected appearance on a CSI set. Earlier this week, a mummified body was found inside a Los Angeles building were "CSI: New York" was filming.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/9865403/detail.html

Does this all sound very "matter-of-fact" - Dead body found in same building CSI NY is being filmed and then a body floats onto the set of CSI Miami - stating it's not unusual?? Echh, remind me not to take vacation in Miami.
I'll update if I found out who these unfortunate souls are and if they are persons who were reported missing.
festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 04:07:55 PM »

There is some indication that the CSI:NY mummified body was a publicity stunt - this was on Defamer.com but I'm not sure about that.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 11:29:46 AM »

Thanks for the update Festa...sounds like a nasty publicity stunt then... yuck!

o/t -  I miss your little avatar... btw! and it's good to see you..

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 04:27:18 PM »

NO ID on either body, but it seems they were both real people. I can find no recent updates on either.

A man's body floated up near where a crew was filming a scene for the crime show "CSI: Miami," authorities said.

The body washed up early Friday in Biscayne Bay at Bicentennial Park, which film crews were using as a helicopter staging ground for aerial shots of a fictional offshore investigation for the CBS show, police said.

The stars of the CBS series were not on set at the time, a source close to the show told The ShowBuzz.

A homeless man spotted the body and alerted an off-duty police officer who was working security on the set, police said. The body had no signs of injury, and the death was not considered suspicious, according to authorities.

"Unfortunately, it's not unusual during certain times of the year that people who have fallen in the bay, either homeless or people who were asleep or, in some cases, boaters who had a mishap, fall into the bay and turn up days later," said Det. Delrish Moss, a Miami police spokesman.

It's not the first dead body to unexpectedly appear on a "CSI" set. A mummified body was found at the same location where the CBS crime drama "CSI: NY" was filming in downtown Los Angeles on Sept. 12. Police also didn't consider that death suspicious.

A source close to the CBS show told The ShowBuzz that the body was discovered during filming for the series' sixth episode, titled "Open and Shut."

Coincidentally, another episode titled "Not What It Looks Like," which is about the discovery of a mummified body, was filmed just last month. That episode is scheduled to air Sept. 27.

According to the Los Angeles Times, the man, still identified as a John Doe, apparently lived in the building, had lung cancer, and was said to be suffering from depression, said Craig Harvey, chief of investigations for the Los Angeles County coroner's office. The circumstances of his death are not considered suspicious, but on Sept. 14 Harvey told the paper that autopsy results were still pending.
The body was discovered on the fifth floor of the building while production for the episode was taking place on the seventh floor with stuntmen and extras. Series stars Melina Kanakaredes and Gary Sinise were not on set at the time.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/09/18/entertainment/main2016651.shtml?source=related_story

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.