April 25, 2024, 11:46:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #12 10/04 - 12/16/2008  (Read 151512 times)
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #120 on: October 09, 2008, 01:53:07 PM »

Thank you Misi!!  We are excited!

mrskub
Monkey Junky

« Reply #121 on: October 09, 2008, 04:33:35 PM »

Double congratulations Dolce! How exciting. Make sure you post the sonograms!

It's all over with my grandson. Thank God. I left at 9:30 this morning to go with my daughter and him to the pediatrician. We then had to take him for an abdominal Xray.  It showed severe impaction but no bowel obstruction. Took him home and had to do another enema. Dear Lord, it was like the flood gates opened! He is now cleaned out and feeling much better.

Thanks everyone for your prayers. They do work.

"The cure to crime shouldn't end in the electric chair, it should start in the high chair"
misitx5
Monkey Junky

« Reply #122 on: October 09, 2008, 05:11:09 PM »

It's all over with my grandson. Thank God. I left at 9:30 this morning to go with my daughter and him to the pediatrician. We then had to take him for an abdominal Xray.  It showed severe impaction but no bowel obstruction. Took him home and had to do another enema. Dear Lord, it was like the flood gates opened! He is now cleaned out and feeling much better.

Thank Goodness Mrsk I am so happy for your Grandson!
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #123 on: October 09, 2008, 07:34:27 PM »

Wonderful news about your Grandson!!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #124 on: October 09, 2008, 08:04:44 PM »

Glad to hear your grandson will be okay mrskub.      

Dolce ~  Congratulations to you!  How wonderful for you and your hubby.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
KnayKnay
Monkey Junky

The Good Witch!

« Reply #125 on: October 09, 2008, 09:22:59 PM »

Awe MrsK - I am so glad your grandson is feeling better. I didn't know he was so sick. He's lucky to have a gramma like you - God Bless You!

Hopefully someday soon baby Caylee will have some peace!
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #126 on: October 10, 2008, 05:04:04 AM »

hey mytime!! What was your question about doggies?

Is that your yorkie?  Do you have any problems with allergies?

Yes..she's my yorkie..we have two..and she doesnt have allergies, but my male does...he always has...he is especially sensitive to everything....mostly skin allergies..but he tends to cough after flea treatment and heart worm treatment....
we had another yorkie that went into anaphalactic shock due to a bee sting..seems the males are worse than the females....
My female has the most precious personality...and no allergies..
Do you have yorkies?

Sorry, I didn't see your post earlier.  Yes, I have 5 Yorkies -  2 males and 3 girls. My oldest is a 13yr old male.  All my dogs have the sweetest personalities.  I just love them like children. 

I had bought one of them for my mother and when my mother became very ill, we decided it would be best if I took care of Lady.  She was only 8 months old and she loved being at my house with my dogs and we would visit my mother all the time but she knew when it was time to come home!

Anyway, at the age of 3 she developed severe skin allergies.  I have done everything. Vet, after Vet, changed food, etc.  I finally took her to a Vet Dermatologist.  She tested
4 (4 being the highest) across the board.  She is allergic to every tree, weed, grass, etc., known to man. The vet couldn't believe it because I had been giving her benadryl and she thought it may interfer with the tests.

Thousands of dollars later, special shampoos, medicines, sprays, etc. she is not much better.  My heart breaks for her and I do not know what do.  At times, I feel like she is suffering and other times she is as playful as before.

I bought her from a reputable breeder to avoid these problems.  None of my others dogs have any allergies.  She was originally from MA and they moved to Florida to be near me.  Apparently, Florida has big problems with allergies because of the type of grass we have here and because of the moisture!

Do you have any suggestions?  What do you do for your little guy?  I feel so bad for her, at times she doesn't even want us to touch her!!  Other times, she doesn't want us to be her put down - which makes one my other girls very jealous. LOL  My girls are all pretty demanding.  My baby is a 3lb boy and he is just so so sweet. 

If you any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it!!

Thanks, mytime
KnayKnay
Monkey Junky

The Good Witch!

« Reply #127 on: October 10, 2008, 10:02:04 AM »

Dolce - so how are you and those boobalas doing today? Is there anything I can get you? Feeling okay? Send some love to them for me k?

Hopefully someday soon baby Caylee will have some peace!
nikkibnurse
Monkey Junky

« Reply #128 on: October 10, 2008, 01:32:26 PM »

Yes..she's my yorkie..we have two..and she doesnt have allergies, but my male does...he always has...he is especially sensitive to everything....mostly skin allergies..but he tends to cough after flea treatment and heart worm treatment....
we had another yorkie that went into anaphalactic shock due to a bee sting..seems the males are worse than the females....
Do you have yorkies?

Sorry, I didn't see your post earlier.  Yes, I have 5 Yorkies -  2 males and 3 girls. My oldest is a 13yr old male.  All my dogs have the sweetest personalities.  I just love them like children. 

I had bought one of them for my mother and when my mother became very ill, we decided it would be best if I took care of Lady.  She was only 8 months old and she loved being at my house with my dogs and we would visit my mother all the time but she knew when it was time to come home!

Anyway, at the age of 3 she developed severe skin allergies.  I have done everything. Vet, after Vet, changed food, etc.  I finally took her to a Vet Dermatologist.  She tested
4 (4 being the highest) across the board.  She is allergic to every tree, weed, grass, etc., known to man. The vet couldn't believe it because I had been giving her benadryl and she thought it may interfer with the tests.

Thousands of dollars later, special shampoos, medicines, sprays, etc. she is not much better.  My heart breaks for her and I do not know what do.  At times, I feel like she is suffering and other times she is as playful as before.

I bought her from a reputable breeder to avoid these problems.  None of my others dogs have any allergies.  She was originally from MA and they moved to Florida to be near me.  Apparently, Florida has big problems with allergies because of the type of grass we have here and because of the moisture!

Do you have any suggestions?  What do you do for your little guy?  I feel so bad for her, at times she doesn't even want us to touch her!!  Other times, she doesn't want us to be her put down - which makes one my other girls very jealous. LOL  My girls are all pretty demanding.  My baby is a 3lb boy and he is just so so sweet. 

Thanks, mytime

Hey MT..My vet told us  to do special food for allergies..but it sounds like you already did that!!
We do oatmeal baths..and no fragrances, etc....They can also give your baby a shot, just like they would us to curb her symptoms.
Also, my male is allergic to fleas...when he gets even ONE flea, he scrathces like no tomorrow...So, we use frontline....it seems to work the best..
His fur is also oily..so we use a degreaser on him when we have him groomed and that helps..
But, I just buy Aveeno oatmeal bath..its used for humans, but I use it on him...and i let the oatmeal soak into his skin, and then i rinse him really well...it helps him too..

I wish I could help more!!!!

"God dont like ugly"
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #129 on: October 10, 2008, 02:13:35 PM »

Tried oatmeal, tried Aveena, now have a medicated shampoo from the vet!  The prednisone shots do not work on her, plus it makes her go to the bathroom non stop!

For your guy, they have a new flea pill out that lasts up to 30 days.  I believe it is called comfortis? sold by vets only.  It is not cheap but works great.  Frontline does not work on my dogs at all!!  I had to use advantage.  My vet told me to switch on and off.  Also, for the itch, Selsun Blue is great!  My vet told me about it and it does help.  Leave it on for 10 minutes and real real good.  Do nut use conditioner.  It is very drying so it may help with the oily hair too.

I wish her problem was fleas but no such luck.  She is my problem child! LOL
A while back, she blew out her knee.  We have no idea how she did it.  My vet said it like football knee and it can happened to any breed.  It was the toughest six week recovery.  No sleep at all!!
Katysmom
Monkey Junky

Everyone needs a helping hand once in a while

« Reply #130 on: October 10, 2008, 02:31:12 PM »

Do you have yorkies?

Thanks, mytime
mytime, why not just keep her indoors?  I have miniature yorkies and they are all indoor dogs.  They only are allowed to go out on the deck.  The main reason for this is because we live in the country and there are a lot of predators around here that could nab any one of them at any time (fox, hawks, etc.)

If love could of saved you, you would of lived forever
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #131 on: October 10, 2008, 02:39:37 PM »

Dolce - so how are you and those boobalas doing today? Is there anything I can get you? Feeling okay? Send some love to them for me k?
Doing good KnayKnay!  Their Dad has been reading a LOT of parenting books and now has me listening to classical music while I blog at night.  Its funny.  He means well.  I have sent them your love!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #132 on: October 10, 2008, 08:24:22 PM »

Hey Monkeys ... don't miss Dana's show tonight ... its a good one.

Better than anything on cable. Check out the guests:

Tonight guests:

Dana moderates the discussion with Derek Armstrong, author of Drew Peterson Exposed, Drew Peterson and his attorney Joel Brodsky. A Scared Monkeys Radio Exclusive! All three guests will be “exposed” and discuss the book and its accusations.

Bail Bondsman Leonard Padilla discusses developments in the Cindy Anthony case

Criminal profiler Pat Brown discusses OJ, Casey Anthony and Drew Peterson

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
ckrdpast
Scared Monkey

« Reply #133 on: October 10, 2008, 10:27:21 PM »

is there a proper place to ask teq questions?  like how to delete an account?   ususally  its handled thru the profile  but i dont see it there---any help would be appreciated
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #134 on: October 11, 2008, 08:29:29 AM »

That is great, Mrsk.  That must have been so painful.  What a relief.  We take every day body functions for granted.

You are such a kind and loving Grandmom, you make my heart swell every time you post about your family.  Everyone should know at least one person like you in their lifetime.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #135 on: October 11, 2008, 08:32:44 AM »

Is anyone here near Boston?  Near 84E or I 90?

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #136 on: October 11, 2008, 11:14:48 AM »

is there a proper place to ask teq questions?  like how to delete an account?   ususally  its handled thru the profile  but i dont see it there---any help would be appreciated

ckrdpast - you cannot delete your profile.  Why do you need to?  If you have decided not to post here just don't post.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #137 on: October 11, 2008, 07:27:59 PM »

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #138 on: October 11, 2008, 08:16:17 PM »

That is adorable San!

marymary
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #139 on: October 12, 2008, 03:02:20 AM »

I'm here, didn't bring my cell phone.  Untracable now.  Anyone here???
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.