April 25, 2024, 11:13:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #12 10/04 - 12/16/2008  (Read 151505 times)
anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #360 on: October 14, 2008, 09:05:10 PM »

Hi CBB  (and everyone else)

So you're a fan of the Tudor period as well? I've always been somewhat fascinated by Henry VIII, but after The Tudors came out on Showtime, it became somewhat of an obsession.  Most of my xmas presents last year were Henry related. 

Denial- turning people crazy all over the world! 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #361 on: October 14, 2008, 09:06:23 PM »

ANOTHERMONKEY!

ARE YOU FAMILIAR WITH AN AUTHOR BY THE NAME OF SHARON KAY PENMAN?

She is an awesome author and has researched her works so well that history has been added to due to her efforts. I first read, "Sunne in Splendour", and then the Welsh Trilogy, "Here Be Dragons" (1985), "Falls The Shadow"(1988), and "The Reckoning"

Oh they are WONDERFUL and soooo well written! She is a master of character development and all were real page turners!!! I HIGHLY recommend these books and author!

http://www.sharonkaypenman.com/index.htm
crazybabyborg
« Reply #362 on: October 14, 2008, 09:10:30 PM »

Hi CBB  (and everyone else)

So you're a fan of the Tudor period as well? I've always been somewhat fascinated by Henry VIII, but after The Tudors came out on Showtime, it became somewhat of an obsession.  Most of my xmas presents last year were Henry related. 

I am, and I also watched Showtime's The Tudors. Oh, anothermonkey, you would LOVE these books! They are compelling, and have some of the most powerful love story threads I've ever read!
anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #363 on: October 14, 2008, 09:21:00 PM »

I haven't heard of her books, I don't think . I will have to check them out at the library. Thanks for the recommendation! They look very interesting. Smile

I had a really good link to share with you, but apparently the girl no longer has her site up    It was an historical fiction site, where she would read a book and give a review.. all kinds of stories, about Henry VIII, Marie Antoinette, Jane Eyre, and so on. 

Actually, this is funny.. I was in the thrift store looking around in the book section, when I found "The Hidden Diary of Marie Antoinette" by Carolly Erickson.  It's fiction of course, but then I saw she had a book about one of Henry's wives: The Last Wife of Henry VIII: A Novel.  This was probably right in between the first and second season of The Tudors.  I then started reading some non-fiction by Alison Weir- if you like non-fiction, those are GREAT! They are big reads, but they actually read more like stories, IMO.  Very good!  I like reading all about court life. It's fascinating!

anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #364 on: October 14, 2008, 09:29:14 PM »

None of that sounded "funny"... LOL I'm tired.. long day. Razz 

After I started reading on the subject, I had to go back and watch the entire first season of the show again.. that's when I figured out fact from fiction. 

Did you know that Joss Stone is going to play Anne of Cleves in the next season? 

AzGrama
Scared Monkey

Addie, spoiled rotten Min Pin with ginormous ears!

« Reply #365 on: October 15, 2008, 12:07:37 PM »

Hey jrzgrl,

Here is the social security death index.  It is a free search and if you are able to locate your family member, copies of records can be ordered from here.....for a fee.  But the search is free.

http://ssdi.rootsweb.ancestry.com/

I do lots of genealogy research so I can give you a few other links for genealogy sites if you want them.  Let me know. 

AzGrama

Casey Anthony = Keyser Soze
    "The Usual Suspects"
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #366 on: October 15, 2008, 06:00:07 PM »

We took my Grandson here today to try to pick a pumpkin he rolled down the hill we had fun.
This is the country 5 min from my house what a day.

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #367 on: October 15, 2008, 06:16:28 PM »

Pretty picture, Blonde.  Like a postcard......sounds like the day matched the view.  Glad for you & grandson. 

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #368 on: October 15, 2008, 07:58:48 PM »

Blonde ~  Thank you for sharing your lovely fall picture with us.  Sounds like a fun day with your grandson. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #369 on: October 15, 2008, 09:03:23 PM »

Anyone looking for a new hobby?   

Pa. town allows pole dancing studio to open

Associated Press
Oct. 15, 2008, 10:19AM
PITTSBURGH — A Pittsburgh suburb will allow a pole dancing studio to open, ending a federal lawsuit that accused the town of violating the First Amendment rights of the owner.

The American Civil Liberties Union filed the suit in August on behalf of 30-year-old Stephanie Babines. She wanted to open the studio in Adams Township, but officials said no. The town argued it was a sexually oriented business.

Babines' classes include pole-dancing, power lap dance, strip tease and "SeXXXercise." Everyone has their clothes on during the training.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/bizarre/6059633.html

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #370 on: October 15, 2008, 11:44:14 PM »

Associated Press
PITTSBURGH — A Pittsburgh suburb will allow a pole dancing studio to open, ending a federal lawsuit that accused the town of violating the First Amendment rights of the owner.

The American Civil Liberties Union filed the suit in August on behalf of 30-year-old Stephanie Babines. She wanted to open the studio in Adams Township, but officials said no. The town argued it was a sexually oriented business.

Babines' classes include pole-dancing, power lap dance, strip tease and "SeXXXercise." Everyone has their clothes on during the training.

Come on....she's trying to help us out of a recession....save the economy. 

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #371 on: October 15, 2008, 11:58:27 PM »

We took my Grandson here today to try to pick a pumpkin he rolled down the hill we had fun.

Gorgeous country!
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #372 on: October 17, 2008, 02:04:33 PM »

Halloween fun for today....

Q. What do you call a witch's garage? A. A broom closet.

Q. What do ghosts drink at breakfast? A. Coffee with scream and sugar.
nikkibnurse
Monkey Junky

« Reply #373 on: October 17, 2008, 06:18:30 PM »

Hey guys....I know t his isnt a happy subject, but I just wante dto ask..are there any monkeys out there that suffer from anxiety disorder?

I do...and am having a hard time with it right now..
So, I just wanted to chat..share fears and experiences..see if maybe we could help each other...such a good group of folks here!

"God dont like ugly"
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #374 on: October 17, 2008, 08:35:06 PM »

Blonde that is absolutely gorgeous!  You are very lucky to be able to see a "change" with the seasons..here in South FL we determine seasonal changes by the amount of rain we get. LOL 
You should submit that photo to a greeting card company.

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #375 on: October 17, 2008, 08:37:59 PM »

Associated Press

Muffy its actually very fun and a great way to burn calories.  I have been to several classes with my sister-in-law and its a blast.  We have classes at the fitness center at our country club, so its all these snooty women with boa's workin off the butt fat that lypo missed..LOL
Still its a lot of fun though and a killer work out.

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #376 on: October 17, 2008, 08:57:02 PM »

Ok, I am sorry, Mods please feel free to delete this if it is too over the top...but I have to get this off my chest as its been bugging the heck out of me for the past week.

The Caylee forum is not a place to bash fellow posters, make underlined comments towards other posters, or call someone out in such a rude fashion that they feel like never posting again.  Over the past week that has been all that I have seen scattered about each single page, to the point that I hate reading back now, not because of the O/T discussion but rather due to the negativity that sprouts in the words of some posters.  There are ways to kindly disagree and argue, and there are some posters on here who do not seem to know tact..and they just keep on and keep on pushing it. 

Caylee's thread is for Justice for Caylee.  I understand that O/T does occur, and that is tollerated to a point by the mods, heck I do it myself quite often because if I didnt laugh a little I might as well lock myself in my clothset and cry all day.  Emotions are strong on this case, and a lot of people read and watch this forum...what a bunch of idiots we look like turning and biting our own kind for having another perspective.

That is all..I am done.  Had to get that out other wise I might go off on someone out of rage and get the button.

I posted in the Musing Thread, doubtfull many will read, but still sorry Klaas delete if nessessary. 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #377 on: October 17, 2008, 09:05:22 PM »

Ok, I am sorry, Mods please feel free to delete this if it is too over the top...but I have to get this off my chest as its been bugging the heck out of me for the past week.

The Caylee forum is not a place to bash fellow posters, make underlined comments towards other posters, or call someone out in such a rude fashion that they feel like never posting again.  Over the past week that has been all that I have seen scattered about each single page, to the point that I hate reading back now, not because of the O/T discussion but rather due to the negativity that sprouts in the words of some posters.  There are ways to kindly disagree and argue, and there are some posters on here who do not seem to know tact..and they just keep on and keep on pushing it. 

Caylee's thread is for Justice for Caylee.  I understand that O/T does occur, and that is tollerated to a point by the mods, heck I do it myself quite often because if I didnt laugh a little I might as well lock myself in my clothset and cry all day.  Emotions are strong on this case, and a lot of people read and watch this forum...what a bunch of idiots we look like turning and biting our own kind for having another perspective.

That is all..I am done.  Had to get that out other wise I might go off on someone out of rage and get the button.

I posted in the Musing Thread, doubtfull many will read, but still sorry Klaas delete if nessessary. 

Dolce - please email me with specifics.  We try to watch but it's hard to correct all of the problems.

smklaas@hotmail.com
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #378 on: October 17, 2008, 09:17:32 PM »

Klaas I have sent you the email.  99.99% of it is cleaned up, and lucky me I always seem to come in at the bad times..LOL 
I guess what I am really trying to say is that I do not think that Monkey's should be posting such garbage in the first place.  It makes us look real stupid to get down and dirty like petty Anthony's. 

Thank you for all that you and your mod's do.  Its a fantastic job!

Walter819
Scared Monkey

« Reply #379 on: October 17, 2008, 10:50:35 PM »

Hey guys....I know t his isnt a happy subject, but I just wante dto ask..are there any monkeys out there that suffer from anxiety disorder?

I do...and am having a hard time with it right now..
So, I just wanted to chat..share fears and experiences..see if maybe we could help each other...such a good group of folks here!

ME ME ME ME

Although no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.