April 24, 2024, 06:48:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #12 10/04 - 12/16/2008  (Read 151489 times)
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #420 on: October 21, 2008, 04:13:17 PM »

Destiny, please don't leave! I always read what you wrote and feel you are a tremendous help in finding little Caylee. We need you here and if anything was said to hurt your feelings, we/I am so sorry! Please come back for little Caylee's sake!

I've been blasted a couple of times, once I even cried, but I still keep coming back here b/c the other monkeys love me. Please don't remove us from your life. I was starting to get to know you!! 

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #421 on: October 21, 2008, 04:16:24 PM »

Destiny,
  I don't have a clue what is going on but I just can't imagine you not being here.You add something that no one else could ever replace.I understand you are upset but I do not know why and it is none of my business.Please,please,take a breather and remember that the actions of some are not the actions of all.I myself adore you Destiny and would not have learned near as much as I do had it not of been for you...Please calm down and just think...I'm so confused.. We need and love you Destiny...

Proverbs 3:5
  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
         and lean not unto thine own understanding.
shasta
Scared Monkey

« Reply #422 on: October 21, 2008, 04:18:07 PM »

Hey guys....I know t his isnt a happy subject, but I just wante dto ask..are there any monkeys out there that suffer from anxiety disorder?

I do...and am having a hard time with it right now..
So, I just wanted to chat..share fears and experiences..see if maybe we could help each other...such a good group of folks here!

Hi Nikkibnurse,

I just stepped over to this section to see what was what.  Anxiety disorders actually run in my family.  My sis and I are the ones most affected.  Years ago she was moderator for a forum.  I will check to see if it is still active, but it has helped so many with its honesty and information.

Shasta
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #423 on: October 21, 2008, 04:23:28 PM »

Des please stay!!  I called him too... wait...did Lee call you back??  I can not imagine why you would want to go. 

Please do not go!! I will send you a banana basket each day you are gone to remind you how much you are missed...you will get sick of me!!  I am persistant!!!

Destiny, you want a puppy? If you stay you can have a puppy!!! I got some puppy breath here too if it will make you feel better!!!

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
shasta
Scared Monkey

« Reply #424 on: October 21, 2008, 04:25:07 PM »

Okay, I checked and my login is still active!! It is called Tapir.  The Anxiety Panic Internet Resource.

TAPIR: The Anxiety Panic Internet ResourceSelf-help for those suffering from phobias, generalised anxiety and related conditions. Contains news, forums, and advice.

www.algy.com/anxiety/ -

PS: I would gladly join in discussions with you.

Shasta
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #425 on: October 21, 2008, 04:27:45 PM »

Des please stay!!  I called him too... wait...did Lee call you back??  I can not imagine why you would want to go. 

Please do not go!! I will send you a banana basket each day you are gone to remind you how much you are missed...you will get sick of me!!  I am persistant!!!

Destiny, you want a puppy? If you stay you can have a puppy!!! I got some puppy breath here too if it will make you feel better!!!

Aw!!  I will take all 5...LOL  I LOVE PUPPIES AND DOGGIES!!!

WesleyBear
Scared Monkey

« Reply #426 on: October 21, 2008, 04:27:50 PM »

Destiny,
  I don't have a clue what is going on but I just can't imagine you not being here.You add something that no one else could ever replace.I understand you are upset but I do not know why and it is none of my business.Please,please,take a breather and remember that the actions of some are not the actions of all.I myself adore you Destiny and would not have learned near as much as I do had it not of been for you...Please calm down and just think...I'm so confused.. We need and love you Destiny...

Has anyone heard what happend to her?
I hope she wasn't offended by anyone. 
mammy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #427 on: October 21, 2008, 04:30:10 PM »

Destiny,

Has anyone heard what happend to her?
I hope she wasn't offended by anyone. 

Not a word, but Klaas is back.
jmagic
Scared Monkey

« Reply #428 on: October 21, 2008, 04:33:37 PM »

Destiny,
     I am just a always lurking monkey.  You have pulled me out of lurking about 4 times, please don't go, you are one of my favorite.
shasta
Scared Monkey

« Reply #429 on: October 21, 2008, 04:35:13 PM »

Destiny,

I am so sad to hear you so discouraged.  Your posts have been so very important to this forum during my short history here.  Please, pretty please, don't go!!!! 

Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #430 on: October 21, 2008, 04:37:48 PM »

You see Destiny?All of us monkeys are...

Proverbs 3:5
  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
         and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Stacey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Clarence 1995-2011

« Reply #431 on: October 21, 2008, 04:45:48 PM »

Des I am a newbie but I can't wait to get in the cage in the morning and see what you have posted. You are so brave in making all the calls you do and you are so good at it. I'm not brave and we all need you at SM for the not so brave monkeys like me.
I think highly of all the monkeys and would hate to lose any you all do such great work each has their own strengths and wonderful souls.
monkey hugs

"Always be a first-rate version of yurself, instead of a second rate version of somebody else" Judy Garland
burkieandemme
Scared Monkey

« Reply #432 on: October 21, 2008, 04:53:06 PM »

Des,
Please do not go.  Caylee needs justice, she needs you.  You have a special gift that has helped this little girl more than you will ever know. 

You are a hero in every sense of the word.  You do things, that others (and by this I do mean me) wish we could do. With today and calling Lee?  WOW!!! I would have never thought of that. Kudos to you for doing so.

So please, for Caylee, stay.
Heather
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #433 on: October 21, 2008, 05:09:46 PM »

I was worried that my joke was taken wrong.  But then, I took a deep breath - looked at her latest posts and I think she was upset because she wanted to post a fellow members web link as appreciation for the heartfelt gift that member sent her.  I take it from the red ink, the link was removed and it was a matter of the heart - not necessarily logic (understanding mods/admin try to protect our identity)that caused her reaction. 
Des - breathe baby.  I am new, but you are really overloading your plate.  You know your monkeys - even the ones with the red crayon adore you.  See you soon - no negotiations or we will call LP and get your number! LOL (JK - I would never violate you - but I hope it made you smile.)
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #434 on: October 21, 2008, 05:13:57 PM »

Hi Des,

I just popped in from the office...what in the world is going on???? SM isn't SM without you...please don't go.  You are the bestest "Ernestine Monkey" in the whole world.  I think all the newer Monkess love you because you bring your own unique self to the cage and give us a better monkey experience.  We need you...

Numbers
littleone
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #435 on: October 21, 2008, 05:18:33 PM »

Des-
i am just new-but please don't go anywhere. i really enjoy your posts. i know that you have been through alot-just want you to know that this monkey girl is here for ya!!
~hugssssssssssssssssssssssss~

Warning: NEVER~and I mean NEVER try to keep a secret from Rob. He is SNOOPY and will find it in 30 seconds. (Someone could/should have told me)
PJ
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #436 on: October 21, 2008, 05:20:52 PM »

Dear Destiny,

Please don't leave SM.  I'm a constant lurker who has come to love you.  Even if I never heard another LP update from you, I would still want you just for being the kind and gentle Sweet Girl that you are. 

So much goes over my head so I have to admit that I haven't a clue what went wrong here.  I only know that you are so kind to all of us that you NEED to let us show our kindness and gratitude right back to you.  Sweetie, I am at a complete loss!!!!!!

PJ flower

Not all of us have to possess earthshaking talent. Just common sense and love will do. <br />- Myrtle Auvil
TexasBarMom
Scared Monkey

Me Oh My

« Reply #437 on: October 21, 2008, 05:21:00 PM »

Destiny -
I am a relatively new monkey but just wanted to say "please don't go!" - you are one of the reasons this cage is a cool place.  I hope no one has offended you  (I can't keep up with all posts so I dunno what's going on ....)
TexasBarMom
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #438 on: October 21, 2008, 05:28:19 PM »

Hey guys....I know t his isnt a happy subject, but I just wante dto ask..are there any monkeys out there that suffer from anxiety disorder?

I do...and am having a hard time with it right now..
So, I just wanted to chat..share fears and experiences..see if maybe we could help each other...such a good group of folks here!

Hi Nikkibnurse,

I just stepped over to this section to see what was what.  Anxiety disorders actually run in my family.  My sis and I are the ones most affected.  Years ago she was moderator for a forum.  I will check to see if it is still active, but it has helped so many with its honesty and information.

Shasta

Nikkinurse was just catching up and saw your post. Shasta is correct anxiety disorder does tend to run in families. My daughter has it and my mother have it. My daughter seems to be much better with hers at this time and is not any medication. My mother tends to prefer 'tranquilizers'(she is 86) and she is not on those as they are habit forming and physically addicting.

I have 3 recommendations, but somehow feel you may have already tried them. #1 is cognitive therapy, reasoning through the situation. #2 deep breathing and relaxation training #3 SSRI's work wonders.

I know how tough it is when simple things are difficult, and most just don't understand.

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #439 on: October 21, 2008, 05:29:11 PM »

Awww that is just the type of dog I have and love Pembroke Welsh Corgi.

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.