March 28, 2024, 07:33:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #12 10/04 - 12/16/2008  (Read 150936 times)
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #440 on: October 21, 2008, 05:33:21 PM »

I was worried that my joke was taken wrong.  But then, I took a deep breath - looked at her latest posts and I think she was upset because she wanted to post a fellow members web link as appreciation for the heartfelt gift that member sent her.  I take it from the red ink, the link was removed and it was a matter of the heart - not necessarily logic (understanding mods/admin try to protect our identity)that caused her reaction. 
Des - breathe baby.  I am new, but you are really overloading your plate.  You know your monkeys - even the ones with the red crayon adore you.  See you soon - no negotiations or we will call LP and get your number! LOL (JK - I would never violate you - but I hope it made you smile.)

I fear that Destiny is already gone.  I can't get to her profile and her name doesn't link.  I know it was in her aunts thread - so I was gonna provide the link, because maybe she was reading there. 
I think I am going to log out for awhile.  I just hate losing friends - even cyber friends....especially ones who I respect and have humor and show so much concern for others.  See you tomorrow ladies.
heathers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #441 on: October 21, 2008, 05:58:44 PM »

es, I don't talk much mym fingers don't usually let me type very well....but please don't go....you will be missed very much....big monkey hugs to you....I just can't wait to get up and read what you write you are very informative and funny too....so once again please come back to us monkeys 

"Some People Come Into Our
 Lives And Quickly Go. Some
   Stay For A While, Leave 
 Footprints On Our Hearts,
And We Are Never, Ever The
       Same."
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #442 on: October 21, 2008, 06:11:23 PM »

I was worried that my joke was taken wrong.  But then, I took a deep breath - looked at her latest posts and I think she was upset because she wanted to post a fellow members web link as appreciation for the heartfelt gift that member sent her.  I take it from the red ink, the link was removed and it was a matter of the heart - not necessarily logic (understanding mods/admin try to protect our identity)that caused her reaction. 
Des - breathe baby.  I am new, but you are really overloading your plate.  You know your monkeys - even the ones with the red crayon adore you.  See you soon - no negotiations or we will call LP and get your number! LOL (JK - I would never violate you - but I hope it made you smile.)

I fear that Destiny is already gone.  I can't get to her profile and her name doesn't link.  I know it was in her aunts thread - so I was gonna provide the link, because maybe she was reading there. 
I think I am going to log out for awhile.  I just hate losing friends - even cyber friends....especially ones who I respect and have humor and show so much concern for others.  See you tomorrow ladies.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?action=profile;u=856

Proverbs 3:5
  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
         and lean not unto thine own understanding.
heathers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #443 on: October 21, 2008, 06:31:56 PM »

es, I don't talk much mym fingers don't usually let me type very well....but please don't go....you will be missed very much....big monkey hugs to you....I just can't wait to get up and read what you write you are very informative and funny too....so once again please come back to us monkeys 

sorry should say Des...told ya my fungers don't work well           

"Some People Come Into Our
 Lives And Quickly Go. Some
   Stay For A While, Leave 
 Footprints On Our Hearts,
And We Are Never, Ever The
       Same."
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #444 on: October 21, 2008, 06:33:54 PM »

Here is something worth musing over..Wasn't sure just where to post it but I thought maybe if Destiny is reading,she'd enjoy it too...It's called creative waterfall....

http://www.noob.us/miscellaneous/creative-waterfall/

Proverbs 3:5
  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
         and lean not unto thine own understanding.
SweetMorgan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #445 on: October 21, 2008, 07:39:19 PM »

Although I am quite new I have come to respect and very much look forward to Destiny's postings.  She is intelligent, well rounded and interesting.  I know Destiny will probably not see this but I am so very sorry to see her leave.  I had already felt as though she was someone who could have been my friend.  This is a great loss, IMO.
Sadly, Sweet Morganposts.  ::MonkeyNoNo
::
flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #446 on: October 21, 2008, 07:44:01 PM »

Des, I just have to join the others in saying how great I think you are.  I'd hate to see you go, but if it's what you feel is best for you, I understand.   

Take good care and I hope to see you around again someday.

If it's not one thing, it's an udder.
SweetMorgan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #447 on: October 21, 2008, 07:48:11 PM »

ALRIGHT I GOT PERMISSION TO POST THIS FROM THE HUBS AND KLAAS!!  THIS IS THE ULTRASOUND FROM LAST WEEK
WE CURRENTLY HAVE BABY A AND BABY B! NOW WE WAIT TO FIND OUT THE SEX...THEY TELL ME A FEW MORE WEEKS AND WE SHALL KNOW!  MY NEXT CHECK UP IS IN 3 1/2 WEEKS!! (excited!!)

Yep, this brings tears to my eyes!
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #448 on: October 21, 2008, 07:52:00 PM »

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #449 on: October 21, 2008, 09:38:31 PM »

According to Destiny I am the problem.  It has to do with something that happened in Destiny's thread in the lounge.  That's all I'll say.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #450 on: October 21, 2008, 11:11:02 PM »

This thread has become very interesting to me. I am surprised at how many "newbies" have joined Scared Monkeys since I last visited. I have no clue what the Destiny business is about, but I sure hate to see you all begging someone to come back. If Destiny left, I would guess it's because she doesn't want to be here.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #451 on: October 21, 2008, 11:23:01 PM »

Hi Louise!  It's great to see you    Yes, we have a whole crop of new monkeys.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Colt45cal
Scared Monkey

« Reply #452 on: October 21, 2008, 11:46:32 PM »

Ok, I am sorry, Mods please feel free to delete this if it is too over the top...but I have to get this off my chest as its been bugging the heck out of me for the past week.

The Caylee forum is not a place to bash fellow posters, make underlined comments towards other posters, or call someone out in such a rude fashion that they feel like never posting again.  Over the past week that has been all that I have seen scattered about each single page, to the point that I hate reading back now, not because of the O/T discussion but rather due to the negativity that sprouts in the words of some posters.  There are ways to kindly disagree and argue, and there are some posters on here who do not seem to know tact..and they just keep on and keep on pushing it. 

Caylee's thread is for Justice for Caylee.  I understand that O/T does occur, and that is tollerated to a point by the mods, heck I do it myself quite often because if I didnt laugh a little I might as well lock myself in my clothset and cry all day.  Emotions are strong on this case, and a lot of people read and watch this forum...what a bunch of idiots we look like turning and biting our own kind for having another perspective.

That is all..I am done.  Had to get that out other wise I might go off on someone out of rage and get the button.

I posted in the Musing Thread, doubtfull many will read, but still sorry Klaas delete if nessessary. 

Why delete? You posted the truth Dolce. Some here do not like opinions that differ from their own. NO ONE...likes to be called a liar. Or have your statements in your  posts embellished to the point that they are making statements that weren't made. And even making comments about a poster identity (multipliable ones at that) even though they know nothing about that person.

Dolce...I think many posters here should read your post more than once to get the full meaning. Then maybe...just maybe, they'll think twice before making some rude and condescending remark about another monkey here.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #453 on: October 22, 2008, 01:14:17 AM »

Once upon a time, there was a board called "Scared Monkeys - A Civil Place to Chat."  That was in June 2005. I only recently noticed that Red took that banner down. I don't know why he did that but I can only conclude it was because he no longer wants this board to be a civil place to chat ... as evidenced by your post referring to rude posters.         

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
O4Bull
Monkey Junky

Boycott ALL the Scamthonys THEY are ALL LIARS.

« Reply #454 on: October 22, 2008, 02:30:45 AM »

Des,
I hope you change your mind.  I could tell by your posts that you have a genuine heart for people who are lost, lonely, hurting, missing or dealing with someone who is.  I know you are experiencing a lot of emotions with the passing of your dear mom/aunt.  I hope you know that I will miss you for more than just "your scoops", as I am sure many others will.  I wish you well and hope to see you again when things get better.

((((hugs))))
O4Bull
Monkey Junky

« Reply #455 on: October 22, 2008, 02:32:17 AM »

Here is something worth musing over..Wasn't sure just where to post it but I thought maybe if Destiny is reading,she'd enjoy it too...It's called creative waterfall....

http://www.noob.us/miscellaneous/creative-waterfall/
Interesting waterfall, Tater.  Thanks for sharing.
O4Bull
Monkey Junky

« Reply #456 on: October 22, 2008, 02:56:20 AM »

I think that the very situation in which we are all brought together causes all of our emotions to run high.  I admit that I sometimes am quick to anger at posters whom I think are only here to stir the pot.  It's interesting enough that when I see someone being confrontational, I usually look at their post history.  It is easy to tell who is here for different reasons.

There are some posters who just rub me the wrong way and I'm certain I do the same to others.  The board can sometimes appear cliquish but that's just like real life, IMO.  I'm not here to impress people with my knowledge, abilities, or social status.  I don't have insider information, know any of the players, or even live in Florida.  The only thing I do have is a heart for little children, a hatred of evil, and a hope that even if it is in some little, insignificant way, I can do something. 

I have donated to TES and will do so as often as I can.  I pray for justice, and I hold out hope.  In the meantime, I offer my ideas and suggestions as to why I agree with other posters, or why I do not.  Hopefully justice will come for Caylee Anthony in spite of all the odds against it.  Her own family being the biggest obstacles to justice is disgraceful.  I do hope they all are held accountable when all is said and done.
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #457 on: October 22, 2008, 08:15:35 AM »

This thread has become very interesting to me. I am surprised at how many "newbies" have joined Scared Monkeys since I last visited. I have no clue what the Destiny business is about, but I sure hate to see you all begging someone to come back. If Destiny left, I would guess it's because she doesn't want to be here.

Hey Louise! That is pretty much the way I see it!

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #458 on: October 22, 2008, 09:13:26 AM »

Klaas (and all the Mods) has one of the most difficult jobs I could imagine....especially as a volunteer!! Klaas made a judgement call...which BTW I feel was the right call...she was protecting a member's personal information that was posted by another member...(even though there was no malicious intent by posting the  website)...once the member gave permission that his/her website (which is loaded with personal information) was OK to post....Klass allowed the web address!  Good grief ...I think any of us would be more than grateful that Klaas has our privacy as a priority. I have seen people come and go....let their ego's get in the way of understanding..use SM as their personal forum....I hope that Destiny will think the entire situation over and continue to post on SM....but it is her choice. She will be missed....just as I miss many of the original monkeys who for what ever reason no longer post...  IMO EVERY person that comes to SM is an asset until/unless they prove themselves differently. no one poster is any more imporant than another.....some have talents that enhance their contribution...Klass and the other Mods do a terrific job of dealing with a multitude of personalities and egos...I admire all of them for their ability to be unbiased and make decisons based on logic and a sense of playing fair.... someone has to be the final decision maker and we all need to respect that position and that person...whether we agree or not...we still need to respect those decisions. JMO

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #459 on: October 22, 2008, 09:30:42 AM »

Klaas (and all the Mods) has one of the most difficult jobs I could imagine....especially as a volunteer!! Klaas made a judgement call...which BTW I feel was the right call...she was protecting a member's personal information that was posted by another member...(even though there was no malicious intent by posting the  website)...once the member gave permission that his/her website (which is loaded with personal information) was OK to post....Klass allowed the web address!  Good grief ...I think any of us would be more than grateful that Klaas has our privacy as a priority. I have seen people come and go....let their ego's get in the way of understanding..use SM as their personal forum....I hope that Destiny will think the entire situation over and continue to post on SM....but it is her choice. She will be missed....just as I miss many of the original monkeys who for what ever reason no longer post...  IMO EVERY person that comes to SM is an asset until/unless they prove themselves differently. no one poster is any more imporant than another.....some have talents that enhance their contribution...Klass and the other Mods do a terrific job of dealing with a multitude of personalities and egos...I admire all of them for their ability to be unbiased and make decisons based on logic and a sense of playing fair.... someone has to be the final decision maker and we all need to respect that position and that person...whether we agree or not...we still need to respect those decisions. JMO

I knew someone who had a better way with words than I do could say what I was thinking more eloquently......
Anyway... I agree with you on all of the above ...
Klaas and the other mods do a great job of keeping this place running smoothly and for this I am most grateful!

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.