April 17, 2024, 07:26:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #12 10/04 - 12/16/2008  (Read 151363 times)
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #520 on: October 24, 2008, 04:43:09 PM »

I have news!!!!!

Today is Hubby and I's 27th wedding anniversery!!!

Proverbs 3:5
  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
         and lean not unto thine own understanding.
jmagic
Scared Monkey

« Reply #521 on: October 24, 2008, 04:48:41 PM »

I have news!!!!!

HAPPY ANNIVERSAY TO YOU
misitx5
Monkey Junky

« Reply #522 on: October 24, 2008, 04:52:33 PM »

I have news!!!!!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!
misitx5
Monkey Junky

« Reply #523 on: October 24, 2008, 05:04:47 PM »

Well just got off the phone I was told his arteries and ventricles are switched which is really rare IIRC usually only the arteries are switched..

My head is spinning from all the info...I am not sure how a pace maker works but he already has wires if he needs one??Not sure how that works..

He is hooked up to SOO MANY tubes and is doing ok...

His mother almost passed out when she first seen him..

There were lots of small babies there too getting open heart surgery...

Also found out my DH uncle(he is 45) was admitted to the hospital he was having chest pains..Hospital gave him a stress test found nothing sent him home!!!
He got real bad went back to the hospital they found blockage of an artery however he didnt need to have open heart surgery they got it open with a stent it was over 90% blocked....They said he is lucky to not have had a massive heart attack..

UGH!!Did I mention DH just "lost his job"..Well he was put "on call" which means he is lucky to work 1 day a month we are basically 1 month from having to move in with family because things are so bad...

My town is soooo bad off economically right now its almost impossible to find a job...

STRESS!   

Misi - Hang in there!  Big Hugs to YOU!  ... Remember, it does no good to stress yourself out about things that you have no control over ... do what you can to keep your stress level to a minimum to keep yourself healthy!  Keep the faith that everything is in "Divine Order" and that you will have the strength to see every situation through ....  Challenges are not necessarily your enemy ... they allow us to dig deep inside ourselves and see what we are made of and perhaps what we have to offer to others ... I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers ...

Thank You Invision and Sam!

I know I must keep my head up sometimes its so hard..We will manage we always do..DH cannot collect unemployment but at least we have somewhere to go if need be...

It just always seems to be something...

Thanks so much for letting me vent sometimes thats all that I need ~~someone to listen to me~~

Its just hard asking for help sometimes..Im stubborn LOL will keep you wonderful monkey updated....

INVISION you are such a sweet monkey!!!
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #524 on: October 24, 2008, 05:36:00 PM »

Well just got off the phone I was told his arteries and ventricles are switched which is really rare IIRC usually only the arteries are switched..

My head is spinning from all the info...I am not sure how a pace maker works but he already has wires if he needs one??Not sure how that works..

Also found out my DH uncle(he is 45) was admitted to the hospital he was having chest pains..Hospital gave him a stress test found nothing sent him home!!!
He got real bad went back to the hospital they found blockage of an artery however he didnt need to have open heart surgery they got it open with a stent it was over 90% blocked....They said he is lucky to not have had a massive heart attack..

UGH!!Did I mention DH just "lost his job"..Well he was put "on call" which means he is lucky to work 1 day a month we are basically 1 month from having to move in with family because things are so bad...

My town is soooo bad off economically right now its almost impossible to find a job...

STRESS!   

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #525 on: October 24, 2008, 05:38:17 PM »

I have news!!!!!

Happy anniversary to you and Mr. Tater.  Wooo-hooo!          My DH and are are closing in on our 25th anniversary. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #526 on: October 24, 2008, 06:17:12 PM »

Thanks everybody!!!

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #527 on: October 25, 2008, 04:40:27 AM »

Monkeys....keep the faith in you and others you can get through this.   I asked my 94 1/2 mom how she got through WW!,the Depression, WW! et al....she said  "We didn't have television" Asked what she meant.."Don't have to see it over and over; it's bad for you (as an adult) and children.

Keep loving, talk things over with each other, take pictures, know there are those who have more than and less than you

You are here now at the stage in life and you know it wasn't always easy. Maybe the coming might be more humble times.... but you have it in you to know how to get back to where you are now and even better because you have done it before and can learn from all the good things that got you and learn from the mistakes then grow and go for whatever it will be in a few months. If you aren't healthy, then you can answer to door when opportunity knocks.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #528 on: October 25, 2008, 04:42:38 AM »

I live in a glass house... so better start doing what I just recommended Good night Monkeys.!

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #529 on: October 25, 2008, 09:57:41 AM »

Hi everyone! I just wanted to take a second an give an update on my little cousins operation for the hole in his heart and the LTGA

His grandma sent me an email!! The surgery went very well. The doctors were able to close up the hole and last night he was taken off the ventilator..If all goes well he will be able to go home in a week!

I have not heard about his LTGA yet and how this affects is I sent her an email and I will let you all know when I hear back!!

Things are not going well for my family right now and this was wonderful news!

this is wonderful news....he sounds like a tough little guy! Please keep us updated and prayers continue

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #530 on: October 25, 2008, 10:00:49 AM »

STRESS!   

Talk about raining and pouring....breath deeply, now exhale...my DH got layed off in June....he just got a job offer yesterday....we thought we were gonna be old people living on SS and savings....please know you are in our prayers

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #531 on: October 25, 2008, 10:02:20 AM »

I have news!!!!!

Congratulations! Wishing you years and years and years of happy anniversaries

Rest in Peace Caylee

Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #532 on: October 25, 2008, 12:40:24 PM »

I have news!!!!!

Congratulations! Wishing you years and years and years of happy anniversaries

Thankyou Sweetpea! You really are something kinda special...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #533 on: October 25, 2008, 02:21:36 PM »

Coffee 'shrinks women's breasts'   

Last Update: 10/23 12:26 pm
Scientists have discovered that drinking just three cups of coffee a day can make women's breasts shrink.

According to Swedish researchers who surveyed nearly 300 women, three cups a day was enough to start making breasts shrink, with the effects increasing for every cup drunk.

Experts say there is a clear link between drinking coffee and smaller breasts as around half of all women possess a gene that has been shown to link breast size to coffee intake.

"Drinking coffee can have a major effect on breast size. Coffee-drinking women do not have to worry their breasts will shrink to nothing overnight. They will get smaller, but the breasts aren't just going to disappear," says Helena Jernstroem, a lecturer in experimental oncology at Lund University in Sweden

http://www.keyetv.com/content/entertainment/watercooler/story.aspx?content_id=fba754e2-b7e9-4af3-ba56-351630139a4a

Edited to add:  I wonder what I could drink that might shrink my derriere?

« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 02:24:11 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #534 on: October 25, 2008, 08:12:46 PM »

HA HA!!  Muffy you are too funny!!

Just wanted to give everyone an update...

Ben & Jerry's makes a fabulous icecream called Brownie Cheesecake......really need I say more??

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #535 on: October 25, 2008, 08:17:47 PM »

This is one of my babies when he was a tot,lol...Jake or Moose-A-Roo..He comes to both..
aaawwwwwwwwwwww, he is adorable.....I have a Jake too...he is a funny dog...kinda like the class clown!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #536 on: October 25, 2008, 08:18:33 PM »

LOL... thanks Muffy!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #537 on: October 25, 2008, 08:19:41 PM »

Reason to proofread
To:

Lesson to be learned from typing the wrong email address:
A Minneapolis couple decided to go to Florida to thaw out during a
particularly icy winter. They planned to stay at the same hotel where
they spent their honeymoon 20 years before. Because of hectic
schedules, it was difficult to coordinate their travel schedules.
So, the husband left Minneapolis and flew to Florida on Thursday,
with his wife flying down the following day.
The husband checked into the hotel, and unlike years ago, there was a
computer in his room, so he decided to send an email to his wife.
However, he accidentally left out one letter in her email address,
and without noticing his error, sent the email.
Meanwhile...somewhere in Houston , a widow had just returned home from
her husband's funeral. He was a minister who was called home to glory
after suffering a heart attack. The widow decided to check her email,
expecting messages from relatives and friends. After reading the
first message, she screamed and fainted.
The widow's son rushed into the room, found his mother on the floor,
And they glanced up and saw the computer screen which read:

To: My Loving Wife

Date: Thursday, October 13, 2004

Subject: I have arrived!

Dearest Love:

I know you are surprised to hear from me. They have computers here
now, and you are allowed to send emails to your loved ones. I have
just arrived and have been checked in. I see that everything has been
prepared for your arrival tomorrow, and look forward to seeing you
then.
Hope your journey is as uneventful as mine was.
PS Sure is freaking hot down here!

OHMYGAWD!!  this is a hoot!  I have to send it to some friends!  LOL

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #538 on: October 25, 2008, 08:21:38 PM »

Scientists have discovered that drinking just three cups of coffee a day can make women's breasts shrink.

According to Swedish researchers who surveyed nearly 300 women, three cups a day was enough to start making breasts shrink, with the effects increasing for every cup drunk.

Experts say there is a clear link between drinking coffee and smaller breasts as around half of all women possess a gene that has been shown to link breast size to coffee intake.

"Drinking coffee can have a major effect on breast size. Coffee-drinking women do not have to worry their breasts will shrink to nothing overnight. They will get smaller, but the breasts aren't just going to disappear," says Helena Jernstroem, a lecturer in experimental oncology at Lund University in Sweden

http://www.keyetv.com/content/entertainment/watercooler/story.aspx?content_id=fba754e2-b7e9-4af3-ba56-351630139a4a

I can attest that this does NOT WORK!!!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #539 on: October 25, 2008, 10:04:12 PM »

Well, that's a lie...or either I would be a triple ZZZ cup by now. LMAO!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.