March 28, 2024, 10:35:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #12 10/04 - 12/16/2008  (Read 150942 times)
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #600 on: October 31, 2008, 06:40:20 PM »

My twin nephews, I had permission to post them.
Born 8/17/08 and pictures 8/18/08
What little miracles.

ooopsss should have read a head.....thanks for sharing the photos of these little angels

Now they are about 10 weeks.  Thank you, I just love them. ( And mom is back to about a size 2 or so) ha

WOW to Mommy!! 

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #601 on: October 31, 2008, 06:42:14 PM »

Tip for pet owners. My neighbor dognapped my Pom, took her over to her house with her outside cats inside and we got fleas. Groomer said to put Moth flakes not balls but the flakes inside the vac bag and it would kill fleas instantly so they don't get out and reinfest. I never thought about the eggs hatching in there and getting out !!!!! Anyway she also said to use mane and tail conditioner. I bathe my dog a lot and that cond is good for their skin.

thanks for the tips.....never heard of using moth flakes....does it stink??  Knock on wood...mine have never had fleas...but it's good to know just in case.

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #602 on: October 31, 2008, 06:46:14 PM »

I use M&T on my own hair, it works great has active protiens.  Smile

If I can get one piece of fashion advice for this winter please let it be this.  Black is wonderful, love it, wear it, BUT do not over do the black people as you will just blend in.  A jewel toned scarf, shaw, sweater.....does wonders!  No matter shape, size, race, and sex a bold color gives off a confident statement!  (Sorry I know this is not the Fashion Tip board, just sad to see so many pretty people looking so dull)

thanks for the tip.....since this is our second winter in COLD weather...I am going to go look for some jewel tones sweats....  thanks goodness when we go out I do get outta the sweats and into nicer winter clothing...but ya gotta love those sweats

Rest in Peace Caylee

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #603 on: November 01, 2008, 03:08:55 AM »

October 22 was 1 year anniversary of the fire of 2007.

We are just now being able to start rebuilding our home. There is a special place in hell for those in insurance company responsible in burning us twice.

Venting, thanks for listening.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
dottie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #604 on: November 01, 2008, 04:22:47 AM »

Invision emailed this to me, I put it in photobucket so you guys could see it.  This is too funny/cute.  Click on the photo below.   

That is so cute!!!!!! 
Oh my what a precious baby!!  This needs to be sent to America's funniest home videos or whatever it's called.  I'd vote for the 10,000 prize.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #605 on: November 01, 2008, 07:43:32 AM »

We are just now being able to start rebuilding our home. There is a special place in hell for those in insurance company responsible in burning us twice.

((hugs)) for you Shell.  You aren't venting.  You are letting the rest of the consumers/homeowners know they need to review their insurance policies and to be vigilant when making claims.  I'm so sorry you and your family not only had to go through the loss of your home, but to have had to fight to get a decent settlement, to which you are entitled.  I reviewed my homeowner's policy and made changes regarding replacement value, did more photos and video's of my home and contents and put them in a place not in my home.  I pray I won't have to use my records.  Shell, please let us know how it's going with your rebuilding.  I'm sure that's a whole new kettle of fish!  I hope you and your family will be in a home to call your own again soon, and start making more memories.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #606 on: November 01, 2008, 10:14:43 AM »

Shell,

I agree with MuffyBee.  You have enlightened many by posting about your experiences since the fire and insurance claim.  My SIL's rebuild started in the summer but was halted due to black mold condition in the basement.  Again, insurance didn't want to pay.  They just failed a second test for that condition (not sure who is paying at this point, but the contractor didn't do his job)....the mold condition resulted due to the delay caused by the insurance haggling..no heat, electric, and the dampness left by the fire fighters for almost a year. 

I hope all goes well for you and look forward to your updates.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #607 on: November 01, 2008, 12:35:08 PM »

Shell....vent away...from what I remember about the fire and all you went through, youu have a right to vent !!

Rest in Peace Caylee

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #608 on: November 01, 2008, 05:02:24 PM »

Thanks for the kind words (((Muffy, 2NJSons, and Sunny)))

Today we are meeting our builder at the site. He has staked out the floorplan. As soon as we get all the paperwork finished with city/county we can pour foundation. The others who have started their rebuild say once that foundation is laid, the healing will begin as we see progress being made. My heart goes out to your SIL 2NJ. It should not be a process that should take so long. Your SIL had her hopes up and then dashed and it sounds like had the insurance come through in a timely manner on their end of the policy, the mold problem would not have happened.

If I can figure out how to do it, I will post some picturess as our house is being built.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #609 on: November 01, 2008, 06:09:05 PM »

Today we are meeting our builder at the site. He has staked out the floorplan. As soon as we get all the paperwork finished with city/county we can pour foundation. The others who have started their rebuild say once that foundation is laid, the healing will begin as we see progress being made. My heart goes out to your SIL 2NJ. It should not be a process that should take so long. Your SIL had her hopes up and then dashed and it sounds like had the insurance come through in a timely manner on their end of the policy, the mold problem would not have happened.

If I can figure out how to do it, I will post some picturess as our house is being built.

Hi Shell - I wanted to let you know that we are in the process of switching our homeowners and auto insurance.  As you know we had some problems with State Farm even though I've been doing business with them for 40 years.  I'm going to take great pleasure in calling my agent next week and telling him NOT to renew my policies. 

Looking forward to photos of your progress!
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #610 on: November 01, 2008, 11:22:58 PM »

Sorry to hear of your troubles Shell, I took look forward to your pictures of the progress.

Sunny, sweats are you serious?  Please, I am pleading with you, do not wear sweats!!!  There are SO MANY other great options that one does not have to resort to sweats. 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #611 on: November 02, 2008, 08:35:36 PM »

TONIGHT ON DANA PRETZER:
www.scaredmonkeysradio.com

Coming up in 25 minutes!

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #612 on: November 03, 2008, 08:59:35 AM »

Sorry to hear of your troubles Shell, I took look forward to your pictures of the progress.

Sunny, sweats are you serious?  Please, I am pleading with you, do not wear sweats!!!  There are SO MANY other great options that one does not have to resort to sweats. 

Dolce, no offense, but I don't consider it as RESORTING to sweats....

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #613 on: November 03, 2008, 09:36:47 AM »

I am looking forward to seeing the photos and sharing in your healing and excitement!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #614 on: November 03, 2008, 09:38:41 AM »

LOL...what are the other great options when you are freezing your ass off!  LOL....Dolce ....they are RL sweats if that makes you feel a bit better about them!  LOL....

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #615 on: November 03, 2008, 09:42:10 AM »

hahahaha...obviously she has never had to hike 1/2 mile down the road to get to a main road that's been cleared enough to drive on...oh yes, you also had to hike up that damn hill last night cause it was a sheet of ice and snow...and you had to leave your car down that hill!!!   Oh yes....I was in sweats with silk thermals underneath, snow boots and down parka with the hood up and gloves......not pretty but WARM!!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #616 on: November 03, 2008, 11:31:03 AM »

hahahaha...obviously she has never had to hike 1/2 mile down the road to get to a main road that's been cleared enough to drive on...oh yes, you also had to hike up that damn hill last night cause it was a sheet of ice and snow...and you had to leave your car down that hill!!!   Oh yes....I was in sweats with silk thermals underneath, snow boots and down parka with the hood up and gloves......not pretty but WARM!!!

LOL.... I hear ya Sunny! and I just don't consider it RESORTING to sweats....it is about comfort and warmth...some are actually cute too...Guess I am not a clothes snob...

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #617 on: November 03, 2008, 01:44:44 PM »

LOL...what are the other great options when you are freezing your ass off!  LOL....Dolce ....they are RL sweats if that makes you feel a bit better about them!  LOL....
LOL  Well I live in FL so I do not quite fully comprehend the freezing of the assets.  LOL  I have seen snow 1 time in my life, and I was 12. 
If they are RL that is fine...just make them cute.  I pictured a cute lady in Hanes Her Way complete purple sweat shirt and matching stretch top sweat pants.  Nothing against Hanes, just mix up the colors a bit!  Smile
Just if you start wearing full on track suits...dont tell me.   

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #618 on: November 03, 2008, 01:48:08 PM »

LOL.... I hear ya Sunny! and I just don't consider it RESORTING to sweats....it is about comfort and warmth...some are actually cute too...Guess I am not a clothes snob...
Sorry if you think I am a snob Sunny, but clothing and design is my life..its what I do, what I went to school for, and what I am good at.  I would love to see the world in pretty colors and not everyone hiding away in black or blending in...sorry if that offends you.  It does not have to be designer, just something that would make one stand out and show confidence.  What a person wears says a lot about them, and some times people give off the wrong impression without even realizing it.  If that is snobby to you I am again sorry.  I will not post on the musing thread about fashion any longer as not to offend.

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #619 on: November 03, 2008, 01:54:13 PM »

That above comment should not be for SUNNY but for CUBBEE. 

Sorry Sunny, dont know why I wrote Sunny instead of Cubbee.  Brain fart!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.