April 23, 2024, 12:55:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #12 10/04 - 12/16/2008  (Read 151468 times)
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #620 on: November 03, 2008, 03:00:15 PM »

Sorry to hear of your troubles Shell, I took look forward to your pictures of the progress.

Sunny, sweats are you serious?  Please, I am pleading with you, do not wear sweats!!!  There are SO MANY other great options that one does not have to resort to sweats. 

LOL...what are the other great options when you are freezing your ass off!  LOL....Dolce ....they are RL sweats if that makes you feel a bit better about them!  LOL....
LOL  Well I live in FL so I do not quite fully comprehend the freezing of the assets.  LOL  I have seen snow 1 time in my life, and I was 12.  I was reintroduced after many years......beleive me when I stay stay in FL!  LOLIf they are RL that is fine...just make them cute.  I pictured a cute lady in Hanes Her Way complete purple sweat shirt and matching stretch top sweat pants.  Nothing against Hanes, just mix up the colors a bit!  Smile ROTFLMAO!  Actually they are baby blue, another minty green and another coral.....RL did well!!  Just if you start wearing full on track suits...dont tell me.   

Ok...I promise not to tell you IF I did!  LOL

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #621 on: November 03, 2008, 03:05:09 PM »

Sorry if you think I am a snob Sunny, but clothing and design is my life..its what I do, what I went to school for, and what I am good at.  I would love to see the world in pretty colors and not everyone hiding away in black or blending in...sorry if that offends you.  It does not have to be designer, just something that would make one stand out and show confidence.  What a person wears says a lot about them, and some times people give off the wrong impression without even realizing it.  If that is snobby to you I am again sorry.  I will not post on the musing thread about fashion any longer as not to offend.

Dolce....I think you misunderstood the statement....and I will leave it at that...I am happy that you are getting to do what you love to do....I hope your last sentence ws said in haste....

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #622 on: November 03, 2008, 03:36:15 PM »

Dolce - I've asked Red and Dugga if they will allow me to start a new sub forum area in the Monkey Lounge called FASHIONS.  You would be of great help to so many (me    ) that need help in that area. 

I'll announce the new area if I'm allowed to create it.   
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #623 on: November 03, 2008, 03:38:32 PM »

Sorry if you think I am a snob Sunny, but clothing and design is my life..its what I do, what I went to school for, and what I am good at.  I would love to see the world in pretty colors and not everyone hiding away in black or blending in...sorry if that offends you.  It does not have to be designer, just something that would make one stand out and show confidence.  What a person wears says a lot about them, and some times people give off the wrong impression without even realizing it.  If that is snobby to you I am again sorry.  I will not post on the musing thread about fashion any longer as not to offend.

Dolce....I think you misunderstood the statement....and I will leave it at that...I am happy that you are getting to do what you love to do....I hope your last sentence ws said in haste....
Sorry it was not meant to be addressed to you sweety Sunny!!  It was to Cubbee.  She implied I was being snobby. 

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #624 on: November 03, 2008, 03:39:54 PM »

Dolce - I've asked Red and Dugga if they will allow me to start a new sub forum area in the Monkey Lounge called FASHIONS.  You would be of great help to so many (me    ) that need help in that area. 

Oh how delicious!!  I could post some of my photos there too then!!  Smile  Not for sale, just for ideas.  Every age, shape, color, and sex should have their own style!  No one is meant to blend in..IMO.  Smile

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #625 on: November 03, 2008, 03:43:39 PM »

Oh how delicious!!  I could post some of my photos there too then!!  Smile  Not for sale, just for ideas.  Every age, shape, color, and sex should have their own style!  No one is meant to blend in..IMO.  Smile

Yep, I was thinking different areas/threads too.  Maybe a casual section, work section, dressy section.  Shoes, excessories, etc.

Sometimes there are reasons for not creating new sub forums that I'm not aware of.  Hopefully Red and Dugga will say yes and I can get the ball rolling.

If they say NO, then we'll just have to start a thread in the Monkey Lounge just for fashion but a SUB FORUM would be nicer.
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #626 on: November 03, 2008, 03:46:31 PM »

Yep, I was thinking different areas/threads too.  Maybe a casual section, work section, dressy section.  Shoes, excessories, etc.

Sometimes there are reasons for not creating new sub forums that I'm not aware of.  Hopefully Red and Dugga will say yes and I can get the ball rolling.

If they say NO, then we'll just have to start a thread in the Monkey Lounge just for fashion but a SUB FORUM would be nicer.
Oh how fun indeed!!  I would most cerainly solicit the aid of Miss Kitty for sure as well..she is one stylin kitten.

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #627 on: November 03, 2008, 06:25:06 PM »

Turkey Day Humor

Asked to write a composition entitled, "What I'm thankful for on Thanksgiving,"
little Timothy wrote, "I am thankful that I'm not a turkey."
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #628 on: November 03, 2008, 06:27:06 PM »

FYI for Thanksgiving

– Snoopy has appeared as a giant balloon in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade more times than any other character in history. As the Flying Ace, Snoopy made his sixth appearance in the 2006 parade.

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #629 on: November 03, 2008, 06:27:19 PM »

Turkey Day Humor

Asked to write a composition entitled, "What I'm thankful for on Thanksgiving,"
little Timothy wrote, "I am thankful that I'm not a turkey."
Indeed!!

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #630 on: November 03, 2008, 11:28:30 PM »

Dear Cubbee and Sunny,

Just remember this - Of all the things you wear, you expression is the most important!!

IMO, you are both very well dressed!!! 
marymary
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #631 on: November 04, 2008, 12:53:59 AM »

Dear Cubbee and Sunny,

Just remember this - Of all the things you wear, you expression is the most important!!

Absolutely!!!  well said
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #632 on: November 04, 2008, 08:55:37 AM »

VOTE!!! 

Do not force yourself to be silent by not exercising your right as an AMERICAN to VOTE!!!  We have the priveledge to choose our leaders!  Be heard!!

My name is Dolce and I aproved this message!  ::HUGS::

cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #633 on: November 04, 2008, 10:45:14 AM »

LOL.... thanks Mytime and Mary Mary! I had a dear old great auntie who use to tell us that all the time when as youngsters we would comment on people's attire.
I am sorry that my post was misunderstood, as Sunny so graciously pointed out.I was NOT implying that anyone was a snob, merely making a JOKING statement that I am not a clothes snob. I like nice clothes and have a closet full of them.I also have drawers with jeans and tee-shirts , and yes, sweats which I have to admit to being most comfortable in.
There is a family of 5 in our church (they had 2 children and then she had triplets),the husband is disabled and they have a limited income.Their clothes are always 2 or 3 seasons out of date, but they are always clean and neatly pressed.Their shoes are also usually not the latest fashion.This family is always the first to be there to lend a helping hand when their is a tragedy, or time of need.As many mouths as they have to feed and as hard as it is for them, if someone has a death or illness she is always the first to show up with her children behind her bringing in good home-cooked food.I guess, what I am trying to say is that at this stage of my life I have come to learn that clothes do not make the person , what is in a persons heart is what makes them who they are.Many times, what people wear is a matter of what they can afford and I am sure as diverse group as the monkeys are there are some on here who fit into that category.
Dolce, I think is is wonderful that you are afforded the ability to follow your passion for the fasion industry and think that having your own sub-forum would be great for you as well.I wish you luck...
Cubbee

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #634 on: November 04, 2008, 11:37:50 AM »

LOL.... thanks Mytime and Mary Mary! I had a dear old great auntie who use to tell us that all the time when as youngsters we would comment on people's attire.
I am sorry that my post was misunderstood, as Sunny so graciously pointed out.I was NOT implying that anyone was a snob, merely making a JOKING statement that I am not a clothes snob. I like nice clothes and have a closet full of them.I also have drawers with jeans and tee-shirts , and yes, sweats which I have to admit to being most comfortable in.
There is a family of 5 in our church (they had 2 children and then she had triplets),the husband is disabled and they have a limited income.Their clothes are always 2 or 3 seasons out of date, but they are always clean and neatly pressed.Their shoes are also usually not the latest fashion.This family is always the first to be there to lend a helping hand when their is a tragedy, or time of need.As many mouths as they have to feed and as hard as it is for them, if someone has a death or illness she is always the first to show up with her children behind her bringing in good home-cooked food.I guess, what I am trying to say is that at this stage of my life I have come to learn that clothes do not make the person , what is in a persons heart is what makes them who they are.Many times, what people wear is a matter of what they can afford and I am sure as diverse group as the monkeys are there are some on here who fit into that category.
Dolce, I think is is wonderful that you are afforded the ability to follow your passion for the fasion industry and think that having your own sub-forum would be great for you as well.I wish you luck...
Cubbee

I couldn't agree more. 

I am alway teasing my kids about being label snobs.  And they truly are - right down to their sweatshirts!!   But they are just kids and at this age, clothing and labels are very important to them.  They are fortunate they we can afford their wants and desires. 

I try to teach them that it is not what or who you wear but how you are wearing it!! Hopefully when they are older, the mesage will sink in.

I usually don't mind spending the money because I feel like I am not just buying it for my kids.  I have many single mom friends with younger children and they love when I go through the kids clothes and pack up the too small and "wont wear" anymore clothes.  Their kids are always so appreciative too.

What really cracks me up is a littlle boy from another neighborhood who plays with the kids in our neighborhood.  He doesn't have any brand names clothes!  Yet he always has on the biggest most infectious smile.  He is a straight A student and superstar baseball player.  He is the one of the sweetest kids I have ever met.  His mom can't afford the labels but this kid is still full of self confidence and self esteem.  Again, his smile is all you ever notice!  Clothes do not make a person - their expression and attitude do!!  IMHO.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #635 on: November 04, 2008, 02:10:33 PM »

Dear Cubbee and Sunny,

aawww that is soooo sweet of you.....I think I would be on everyone's approval list this morning....jeans, crisp long sleeved white shirt, loafers and a beautiful cashmere cardigan....now that I am back home...LOL...I have on flannel sleep pants and an old tee-shirt and fuzzy slippers!  LOL  And a big smile on my face!!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #636 on: November 04, 2008, 02:11:19 PM »

Dear Cubbee and Sunny,

Absolutely!!!  well said

mary....hugs to you!

Rest in Peace Caylee

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #637 on: November 04, 2008, 02:15:39 PM »

Cubbee I do apologize for snapping at you as I did misunderstand your comment.  While I know it is what is on the inside that counts, which is a reason why I try so very hard to be nice to everyone in the world, I also know that we live in a very plastic society and people are judged and denied prior to even getting a single word or action out. I have been witness to this in my personal life just recently too, within the matter of 2 weeks actually.  It is very sad....
I am not saying that everyone must wear designer clothing, that is my personal preference and how I was raised (thanks mom).  All I said was do not allow yourself to blend in...I explained a little more in depth in the previous post, but anyhoo...
Sorry again for snipping at you.  Style and fashion are for everyone regardless of how much money you have.  I am sure without a single doubt in my mind that I could pull an entire outfit together that is fashionable for any one size/shape/sex at Walmart just as well as I could through the pages of my designer catalogues.....
I am here to help anyone who wants advice...especially those going for interviews!!

numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #638 on: November 04, 2008, 03:42:26 PM »

aawww that is soooo sweet of you.....I think I would be on everyone's approval list this morning....jeans, crisp long sleeved white shirt, loafers and a beautiful cashmere cardigan....now that I am back home...LOL...I have on flannel sleep pants and an old tee-shirt and fuzzy slippers!  LOL  And a big smile on my face!!!
[/quote]  Oh Sunny, you've just described my "at home wear" to a T!  I like to look good and stylish when I'm out....but when I get home, I just love comfort.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #639 on: November 04, 2008, 03:50:06 PM »

O/T but since it is election day

I created a POLL in the POLITICAL forum.  It will be the "official" Scared Monkeys poll

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=3980.0
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.