April 26, 2024, 12:00:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #12 10/04 - 12/16/2008  (Read 151523 times)
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #640 on: November 04, 2008, 04:04:35 PM »

O/T but since it is election day

I created a POLL in the POLITICAL forum.  It will be the "official" Scared Monkeys poll

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=3980.0

NO YOU DID NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Politics is one of the things I try to stay away from.....at least here at SM....

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #641 on: November 04, 2008, 04:10:45 PM »

aawww that is soooo sweet of you.....I think I would be on everyone's approval list this morning....jeans, crisp long sleeved white shirt, loafers and a beautiful cashmere cardigan....now that I am back home...LOL...I have on flannel sleep pants and an old tee-shirt and fuzzy slippers!  LOL  And a big smile on my face!!!

Oh Sunny, you've just described my "at home wear" to a T!  I like to look good and stylish when I'm out....but when I get home, I just love comfort.[/quote]

me too....I love the sleep pants and I have quite a collection of them...one even has little moneys all over them!  LOL 

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #642 on: November 04, 2008, 04:14:01 PM »

Cubbee I do apologize for snapping at you as I did misunderstand your comment.  While I know it is what is on the inside that counts, which is a reason why I try so very hard to be nice to everyone in the world, I also know that we live in a very plastic society and people are judged and denied prior to even getting a single word or action out. I have been witness to this in my personal life just recently too, within the matter of 2 weeks actually.  It is very sad....
I am not saying that everyone must wear designer clothing, that is my personal preference and how I was raised (thanks mom).  All I said was do not allow yourself to blend in...I explained a little more in depth in the previous post, but anyhoo...
Sorry again for snipping at you.  Style and fashion are for everyone regardless of how much money you have.  I am sure without a single doubt in my mind that I could pull an entire outfit together that is fashionable for any one size/shape/sex at Walmart just as well as I could through the pages of my designer catalogues.....
I am here to help anyone who wants advice...especially those going for interviews!!

Dolce...I can't wait to see some of your designs and your remind me of Stacy on What Not to Wear! I saw her and Clinton in persona once and both are so attractive, well put together without looking 'staged' and have great personalities.....I  love to watch the show...some of the transformations are unbelievable!! LOL

Rest in Peace Caylee

misitx5
Monkey Junky

« Reply #643 on: November 04, 2008, 04:57:19 PM »

Hi Sunny by almost I mean this...

My two daughters 11 and 2 1/2 ...were playing in the bedroom when my youngest started crying.. I ran into the bedroom to find her crying and my oldest daughter saying she fell and hit her nose...

By the time I walked 4 feet from my daughters room to the living room her face was FULL of thick gross blood....

I was freaking out..My DH took her to the bathroom and cleaned her face and got her calmed down...My Dh insisted it wasnt broken...But that night it started running clear fluid which I thought was just a runny nose from hitting it...She did not sleep at all that night she couldnt breath she was so stuffed up...

The next day her eyes started watering....

So on Friday 2 days after this happened her nose got a huge bruise on it and swelled up...I called her doctor and they had me bring her in....The doc was concerned about the bruising and swelling and sent us directly to get xrays..
The doctor said in could have been a very small fracture and the clear fluid could have been Brain fluid?!?

Well they got one xray and she freaked out she started screaming and crying..They tried and tried to get more but couldnt...

Back to the doctor we went..She said that from the xray they could tell that there was not a break but she was still concerned so we were scheduled to go to an ENT.....She did not think it was brain fluid at this point..

So today we went to the ENT

The minute he walked in the room she started crying!We had to hold her down so he could get a look at her nose...

But he still could not get a good look.He said it was very bruised and swollen and wanted to get a better look at her ears and her nose some more to evaluate her better...He said if it was broken it happened like this...

he pulled out a "popcicle stick broke it slightly in half (not completely apart) then put it back together and said if it did break it just went back together and you cant really tell...

So we have a 2 month check up so he can she how she is coming along...
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #644 on: November 04, 2008, 04:58:14 PM »

aawww that is soooo sweet of you.....I think I would be on everyone's approval list this morning....jeans, crisp long sleeved white shirt, loafers and a beautiful cashmere cardigan....now that I am back home...LOL...I have on flannel sleep pants and an old tee-shirt and fuzzy slippers!  LOL  And a big smile on my face!!!

Oh Sunny, you've just described my "at home wear" to a T!  I like to look good and stylish when I'm out....but when I get home, I just love comfort.

me too....I love the sleep pants and I have quite a collection of them...one even has little moneys all over them!  LOL 
[/quote]

I love them as well... my monkey ones are yellow....
I have to admit that some of my favorite pair have been "borrowed" from my son LOL
I even took his gf home in a pair the other night....Dolce, do not have a heart attack, we are a very small country town and it was cold and late and I did not have to go in anywhere....I even had my fuzzy slippers on...

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #645 on: November 04, 2008, 05:00:19 PM »

My two daughters 11 and 2 1/2 ...were playing in the bedroom when my youngest started crying.. I ran into the bedroom to find her crying and my oldest daughter saying she fell and hit her nose...

By the time I walked 4 feet from my daughters room to the living room her face was FULL of thick gross blood....

I was freaking out..My DH took her to the bathroom and cleaned her face and got her calmed down...My Dh insisted it wasnt broken...But that night it started running clear fluid which I thought was just a runny nose from hitting it...She did not sleep at all that night she couldnt breath she was so stuffed up...

So on Friday 2 days after this happened her nose got a huge bruise on it and swelled up...I called her doctor and they had me bring her in....The doc was concerned about the bruising and swelling and sent us directly to get xrays..
The doctor said in could have been a very small fracture and the clear fluid could have been Brain fluid?!?

Well they got one xray and she freaked out she started screaming and crying..They tried and tried to get more but couldnt...

Back to the doctor we went..She said that from the xray they could tell that there was not a break but she was still concerned so we were scheduled to go to an ENT.....She did not think it was brain fluid at this point..

The minute he walked in the room she started crying!We had to hold her down so he could get a look at her nose...

But he still could not get a good look.He said it was very bruised and swollen and wanted to get a better look at her ears and her nose some more to evaluate her better...He said if it was broken it happened like this...

he pulled out a "popcicle stick broke it slightly in half (not completely apart) then put it back together and said if it did break it just went back together and you cant really tell...

Ouchie!!! Those kids sure can get injured in silly ways... my son once fractured his foot "just walking" in his room...sure , just walking...

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #646 on: November 04, 2008, 05:01:11 PM »

O/T but since it is election day

I created a POLL in the POLITICAL forum.  It will be the "official" Scared Monkeys poll

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=3980.0

NO YOU DID NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Politics is one of the things I try to stay away from.....at least here at SM....

OOOOHHHHH.... I know what you mean Sunny, I went into the political thread ONE time...scared the hell out of me!!!

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

misitx5
Monkey Junky

« Reply #647 on: November 04, 2008, 05:09:46 PM »

Ouchie!!! Those kids sure can get injured in silly ways... my son once fractured his foot "just walking" in his room...sure , just walking...

I know she really is a little monkey she into EVERYTHING not like my other 2 at all..They were much more tame....
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #648 on: November 04, 2008, 05:13:53 PM »

I know she really is a little monkey she into EVERYTHING not like my other 2 at all..They were much more tame....

I feel for ya! There was a time when I was sure the orthopedic docs were going to accuse me or harming my child...

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #649 on: November 04, 2008, 05:16:58 PM »

Holey Moley....what an ordeal for her and YOU!!  I would have freaked out when they said it might be brain fluid!  Oh my!  I do hope all is well and since the docs don't want to see her for 2 months I am sure all is well...Bless her little heart!  What a terrifying experience!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #650 on: November 04, 2008, 05:19:57 PM »

Oh Sunny, you've just described my "at home wear" to a T!  I like to look good and stylish when I'm out....but when I get home, I just love comfort.

I have to admit that some of my favorite pair have been "borrowed" from my son LOL
I even took his gf home in a pair the other night....Dolce, do not have a heart attack, we are a very small country town and it was cold and late and I did not have to go in anywhere....I even had my fuzzy slippers on...
[/quote]

ROTFLMAO!  We too live in a small rural area...think WalMart and Dairy Queen.....we have been known to pile into the car...me and DH...both in sleep pants with the cocker kids and go to the Dairy Queen drive through!  LOL 

Rest in Peace Caylee

misitx5
Monkey Junky

« Reply #651 on: November 04, 2008, 05:24:15 PM »

I feel for ya! There was a time when I was sure the orthopedic docs were going to accuse me or harming my child...

OMG I worry about that sometimes...
Only because my MIL was at a wedding reception when she got a call my SIL had dislocated her elbow (it happened once before) She had someone drive them to the hospital and they asked my MIL if she was an alcoholic because she smelled like she was drinking!Needless to say she wasnt and nothing happened but talk about scaring me to the bone!

My SIL and by oldest daughter are only 2 years apart and being a new mom I was already paranoid!Still to this day I never allow DH and I to have even one drink at the same time or the same day..

CAll me paranoid..LOL
misitx5
Monkey Junky

« Reply #652 on: November 04, 2008, 05:26:34 PM »

ROTFLMAO!  We too live in a small rural area...think WalMart and Dairy Queen.....we have been known to pile into the car...me and DH...both in sleep pants with the cocker kids and go to the Dairy Queen drive through!  LOL 
[/quote]

I LOVE SLEEP PANTS!!! Nothing better than reading SM in my sleep pants in the morning with a cup of Coffee to start my day!!

Really I live in them at home I am in MI and it gets cold here!!
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #653 on: November 04, 2008, 05:39:45 PM »

I LOVE SLEEP PANTS!!! Nothing better than reading SM in my sleep pants in the morning with a cup of Coffee to start my day!!

Really I live in them at home I am in MI and it gets cold here!!
[/quote]

Same here!!!

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #654 on: November 04, 2008, 06:18:50 PM »

I got you guys beat.   

A couple of years ago - My daughter and I were doing her science project one night.  We were both in our pj's - I like Old Navy Mens PJ pants and oversized t- shirts.  Anyway, at the last minute we needed some things for her project.  We ran out to Toys R US in our pajamas and even had me little yorkie with her sticking out of my purse.   We laughed the whole time.  What a sight we must have been.

She still talks and laughs about it and loves to tell her friends.  She still calls it our "little pajama party."   She is now a teenager and would not get caught dead looking like that now.  Oh, the good old days. 
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #655 on: November 04, 2008, 06:20:51 PM »

I got you guys beat.   

A couple of years ago - My daughter and I were doing her science project one night.  We were both in our pj's - I like Old Navy Mens PJ pants and oversized t- shirts.  Anyway, at the last minute we needed some things for her project.  We ran out to Toys R US in our pajamas and even had my yorkie with her little face sticking out of my purse.   We laughed the whole time.  What a sight we must have been. 

She still talks and laughs about it and loves to tell her friends.  She still calls it our "little pajama party."   She is now a teenager and would not get caught dead looking like that now.  Oh, the good old days. 
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #656 on: November 04, 2008, 06:33:56 PM »

Dolce,

I am proud to tell you that I voted today for the first time in my life!!!!!!  It was big pain for everyone as I was not in the book, not in the inactive book, had to call the phone bank, it was busy for long time!  But I stayed patient and determined.  I even got an orange receipt to verify my vote - plus a "my vote counted" sticker!!   

Mytime

Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #657 on: November 04, 2008, 06:46:44 PM »

Dolce,

I am proud to tell you that I voted today for the first time in my life!!!!!!  It was big pain for everyone as I was not in the book, not in the inactive book, had to call the phone bank, it was busy for long time!  But I stayed patient and determined.  I even got an orange receipt to verify my vote - plus a "my vote counted" sticker!!   

Mytime

VERY GOOD!!  I am not a political pusher by any means, I do not force my opinion on people or try to sway them to vote my way or the highway.

I am happy you were able to exercise your right!  That is what counts!  That is what we have soldiers over seas fighting for, the protection of our freedom and way of life. 
WAY TO GO MYTIME AND WAY TO NOT GIVE UP!!

::HUGS::

Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #658 on: November 04, 2008, 06:48:29 PM »

I got you guys beat.   

A couple of years ago - My daughter and I were doing her science project one night.  We were both in our pj's - I like Old Navy Mens PJ pants and oversized t- shirts.  Anyway, at the last minute we needed some things for her project.  We ran out to Toys R US in our pajamas and even had my yorkie with her little face sticking out of my purse.   We laughed the whole time.  What a sight we must have been. 

What a cute story and a great memory!! 

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #659 on: November 04, 2008, 06:49:28 PM »

Dolce,

Mytime

VERY GOOD!!  I am not a political pusher by any means, I do not force my opinion on people or try to sway them to vote my way or the highway.

I am happy you were able to exercise your right!  That is what counts!  That is what we have soldiers over seas fighting for, the protection of our freedom and way of life. 
WAY TO GO MYTIME AND WAY TO NOT GIVE UP!!

::HUGS::

I planned on voting today but was procrastinating!!  You postt somehow motivated me - maybe because of the reaction!!  LOL 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.