April 23, 2024, 08:31:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #12 10/04 - 12/16/2008  (Read 151459 times)
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #660 on: November 04, 2008, 06:53:47 PM »

Dolce,

I am proud to tell you that I voted today for the first time in my life!!!!!!  It was big pain for everyone as I was not in the book, not in the inactive book, had to call the phone bank, it was busy for long time!  But I stayed patient and determined.  I even got an orange receipt to verify my vote - plus a "my vote counted" sticker!!   

Mytime

VERY GOOD!!  I am not a political pusher by any means, I do not force my opinion on people or try to sway them to vote my way or the highway.

I am happy you were able to exercise your right!  That is what counts!  That is what we have soldiers over seas fighting for, the protection of our freedom and way of life. 
WAY TO GO MYTIME AND WAY TO NOT GIVE UP!!

::HUGS::

I planned on voting today but was procrastinating!!  You postt somehow motivated me - maybe because of the reaction!!  LOL 
Thank you!! 

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #661 on: November 04, 2008, 09:50:13 PM »

October 22 was 1 year anniversary of the fire of 2007.

We are just now being able to start rebuilding our home. There is a special place in hell for those in insurance company responsible in burning us twice.

Venting, thanks for listening.

SHELL, I was just cruising thru musings (being nosy) and noticed yours. I can understand your feelings exactly and I am your neighbor! I live in the Ranco Penasquitos area, my memories of the fires, the evacuations, the fear are so vivid, I can't even smell a match being put out without asking" do you smell fire ?".
 Last year, one week after we were able to return home, my neighbor's son left something frying on the stove and started a fire that burned my condo and 3 others.  My insurance agent was my worst nightmare. He ,at one point was telling me that even though the toaster was full of soot, that it would be fine to use. Now we're talking a ten $ item. They were AWFUL, my pride and joy sofa, he at first said that for sure they would replace it until I gave them the replacement cost.... on and on......

I feel your pain but I also know that you're finally seeing the hope of getting everything back together now. GOOD LUCK
Janet
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #662 on: November 05, 2008, 09:56:24 AM »

mizjay ~  I'm really sorry you not only had to endure fire, but had to walk through fire to try to get a proper settlement from your insurance company.  That is just terrible!   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #663 on: November 05, 2008, 10:03:36 AM »

OMG I worry about that sometimes...
Only because my MIL was at a wedding reception when she got a call my SIL had dislocated her elbow (it happened once before) She had someone drive them to the hospital and they asked my MIL if she was an alcoholic because she smelled like she was drinking!Needless to say she wasnt and nothing happened but talk about scaring me to the bone!

My SIL and by oldest daughter are only 2 years apart and being a new mom I was already paranoid!Still to this day I never allow DH and I to have even one drink at the same time or the same day..

CAll me paranoid..LOL

What an experience for your MIL

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #664 on: November 05, 2008, 10:04:56 AM »

ROTFLMAO!  We too live in a small rural area...think WalMart and Dairy Queen.....we have been known to pile into the car...me and DH...both in sleep pants with the cocker kids and go to the Dairy Queen drive through!  LOL 

I LOVE SLEEP PANTS!!! Nothing better than reading SM in my sleep pants in the morning with a cup of Coffee to start my day!!

Really I live in them at home I am in MI and it gets cold here!!

that is so funny....that exactly what I am doing right now!!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #665 on: November 05, 2008, 10:06:16 AM »

ROTFLMAO!  We too live in a small rural area...think WalMart and Dairy Queen.....we have been known to pile into the car...me and DH...both in sleep pants with the cocker kids and go to the Dairy Queen drive through!  LOL 

I LOVE SLEEP PANTS!!! Nothing better than reading SM in my sleep pants in the morning with a cup of Coffee to start my day!!

Really I live in them at home I am in MI and it gets cold here!!

Same here!!!

Ok who else...come on out of the closet all you sleep pant lovers! 

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #666 on: November 05, 2008, 10:07:57 AM »

I got you guys beat.   

A couple of years ago - My daughter and I were doing her science project one night.  We were both in our pj's - I like Old Navy Mens PJ pants and oversized t- shirts.  Anyway, at the last minute we needed some things for her project.  We ran out to Toys R US in our pajamas and even had me little yorkie with her sticking out of my purse.   We laughed the whole time.  What a sight we must have been.

She still talks and laughs about it and loves to tell her friends.  She still calls it our "little pajama party."   She is now a teenager and would not get caught dead looking like that now.  Oh, the good old days. 

MT...that is hilarious!!! I have a wonderful mental picture of y
all including the Yorkie!  ROTF!!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #667 on: November 05, 2008, 10:12:53 AM »

October 22 was 1 year anniversary of the fire of 2007.

We are just now being able to start rebuilding our home. There is a special place in hell for those in insurance company responsible in burning us twice.

Venting, thanks for listening.

SHELL, I was just cruising thru musings (being nosy) and noticed yours. I can understand your feelings exactly and I am your neighbor! I live in the Ranco Penasquitos area, my memories of the fires, the evacuations, the fear are so vivid, I can't even smell a match being put out without asking" do you smell fire ?".
 Last year, one week after we were able to return home, my neighbor's son left something frying on the stove and started a fire that burned my condo and 3 others.  My insurance agent was my worst nightmare. He ,at one point was telling me that even though the toaster was full of soot, that it would be fine to use. Now we're talking a ten $ item. They were AWFUL, my pride and joy sofa, he at first said that for sure they would replace it until I gave them the replacement cost.... on and on......

I feel your pain but I also know that you're finally seeing the hope of getting everything back together now. GOOD LUCK
Janet

WOW....I have read so many horror stories regarding insurnace companies..it isn't bad enough the emotional trauma that occurs....people them are again traumatized by insurnace companies....ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Rest in Peace Caylee

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #668 on: November 05, 2008, 10:29:09 AM »

mizjay ~  I'm really sorry you not only had to endure fire, but had to walk through fire to try to get a proper settlement from your insurance company.  That is just terrible!   

Thanks MuffyBee

I didn't read too far back regarding Shell's ordeal but one thing everybody should really be aware of in their policies is the ALE. Additional Living Expenses, it will cover renting another home while yours is not inhabitable, the only thing is, most people ( ME !) don't realize how long it can take. It's a good rule of thumb to make sure that there's enough coverage for up to 2 yrs of rent on a comprable house in your area. Out in my area the rent is so high and my coverage was too low, it's one of those things that I just never really thought about. 
I was lucky, my son in law's co. did the work very quickly (about 6mo.) and it wasn't completely burned to ash like so many others. Altogether I was out of the house about 10 months, it would have been financial disaster if I would've had to pay rent and the mortgage.

It was a hard lesson but it makes ya really humble and appreciate life. 
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #669 on: November 05, 2008, 10:44:30 AM »

One week smoke free.....the week from hell...but I made it!  WOOHOO

Rest in Peace Caylee

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #670 on: November 05, 2008, 11:11:22 AM »

one thing everybody should really be aware of in their policies is the ALE. Additional Living Expenses

Thank you for calling this to our attention, mizjay.  I just asked my DH about this, and he then asked me, "What coverage do we have?"  Neither of us know at this point, but you can bet we will be looking at the policy before the day is out.  Shell had already told us about replacement, but this ALE is another facet that needs a closer look, and possibly making some changes for us.

Good for you, Sunny!!   Keep it up.  Your life depends on it.  ((hugs))

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #671 on: November 05, 2008, 01:46:39 PM »

Congratulations Sunny...that's really great!  I'm next.  Any tips for a quitter who's never tried to quit before?  I know "sleep pants" are going to be invovled, lol.
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #672 on: November 05, 2008, 02:13:01 PM »

Congratulations Sunny...that's really great!  I'm next.  Any tips for a quitter who's never tried to quit before?  I know "sleep pants" are going to be invovled, lol.

My tip -- once you quit, never think you can smoke 'just one' .... I had to quit twice because of that. Smoked for 15 years, it's now been 22 years since I had one -- and unlike many ex-smokers, I still they they smell good, would love to have one, but no way.

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #673 on: November 05, 2008, 02:17:28 PM »

one thing everybody should really be aware of in their policies is the ALE. Additional Living Expenses

Thank you for calling this to our attention, mizjay.  I just asked my DH about this, and he then asked me, "What coverage do we have?"  Neither of us know at this point, but you can bet we will be looking at the policy before the day is out.  Shell had already told us about replacement, but this ALE is another facet that needs a closer look, and possibly making some changes for us.

Good for you, Sunny!!   Keep it up.  Your life depends on it.  ((hugs))

thanks Muffy....I appreciate all the support I am getting!  It really helps!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #674 on: November 05, 2008, 02:32:16 PM »

LOL.....actually we, my DH, son and DIL are all attending, thru our county health department, American Lung Assn Freedom From Smoking. I was skeptical at first...group therapy ..LOL....however, having others who are experiencing the same things you are is very helpful....the thing that turned the light bulb on for me was a statement the nurse who is conducting our group sessions said....(she is an ex-smoker)....she said when she finally decided that this little piece of paper filled with weeds and chemicals  no longer ruled her life...a light bulb went on for me. and I thought WOW.... I was never a heavy smoker....about a carton or less a month....and of course I smoked light cigs...LOL...rolling my eyes now that I have a little education...regarding the chemicals  added to the cigarettes...anyway....the program fee (it was $50.00 a couple for us) covers all the materials as well as the cessation aids....patches, or gum or lozenges..we chose the patches. fortunately Because of not smoking a pack a day, we were able to start with the second of three steps with the nicotine patches. . You learn a lot about your personal smoking habits, triggers etc....It is certainly worth checking into via your county health department when you are ready. The first couple of days I was eating anything that wasn't nailed down...but that too is now a whole lot better. So that's it....a day at a time....

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #675 on: November 05, 2008, 02:34:07 PM »

My tip -- once you quit, never think you can smoke 'just one' .... I had to quit twice because of that. Smoked for 15 years, it's now been 22 years since I had one -- and unlike many ex-smokers, I still they they smell good, would love to have one, but no way.

GREAT TIP - that is something that is really emphasized....over and over again..

Rest in Peace Caylee

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #676 on: November 06, 2008, 02:04:31 AM »

After smoking for nearly 40 years and up to 2 packs a day, I've now gone for 6 months without smoking and I have absolutely no desire to smoke.  If you had asked me 7 months ago I would have told you there's no way I could quit.  My lungs are stronger than they have been in years.  I stopped coughing within the first couple weeks.  I did have a bit of a forced jump start (ER/ICU/Hospital 5 days) but I don't recommend it, LOL    I used the patch and chewed a 1/2 a piece of nicorette gum to get through real "bitchy" times but after the first 3 weeks it's much easier.  It took me about 2 months or so to wean myself off the patches.

My husband quit too (cold turkey, no patches or anything)

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #677 on: November 06, 2008, 09:40:28 AM »

After smoking for nearly 40 years and up to 2 packs a day, I've now gone for 6 months without smoking and I have absolutely no desire to smoke.  If you had asked me 7 months ago I would have told you there's no way I could quit.  My lungs are stronger than they have been in years.  I stopped coughing within the first couple weeks.  I did have a bit of a forced jump start (ER/ICU/Hospital 5 days) but I don't recommend it, LOL    I used the patch and chewed a 1/2 a piece of nicorette gum to get through real "bitchy" times but after the first 3 weeks it's much easier.  It took me about 2 months or so to wean myself off the patches.

You really are an inspiration to everyone who wishes to quite....everyday seems to be a little bit better UNLESS...LOL...yesterday when we didn't get the documents after waiting nearly all day I really could have used one!  I hope at the 6 month mark I am just like you.  How long did you use the patches?? and then it took 2 months to wean off those?? Congrats to both you and your husband!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #678 on: November 06, 2008, 07:24:56 PM »

You really are an inspiration to everyone who wishes to quite....everyday seems to be a little bit better UNLESS...LOL...yesterday when we didn't get the documents after waiting nearly all day I really could have used one!  I hope at the 6 month mark I am just like you.  How long did you use the patches?? and then it took 2 months to wean off those?? Congrats to both you and your husband!!

I worded it funny.  I was on the patches about 2 months, maybe a week or two longer.  After the 2 months I was down to the lowest dose and I was able to stop.  I did leave the last patch on for a couple days as a psychological thing, even though I'm sure it was no longer delivering any nicotine, LOL   

You are doing great!  For me I found NOT talking about it was easier until I got over the urges which was after about the first 3 weeks.  Then it was easier to talk about without wanting one.
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #679 on: November 06, 2008, 07:26:09 PM »

Klaas there is a turkey trying to bite your monkey!!!     Just noticed it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.