March 28, 2024, 04:36:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #12 10/04 - 12/16/2008  (Read 150953 times)
blessedx3
Scared Monkey

« Reply #760 on: November 20, 2008, 12:45:44 PM »

Saved by Grace~~~Child of God
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #761 on: November 20, 2008, 03:00:07 PM »

Speaking of FASHION.  I think I have the approval of RED to create a special FASHION FORUM.  Dugga isn't as hot on the idea as Red is so I'm just waiting on the final OK.

Now...back you your regularly scheduled programming and I'll get back to my first cup of coffee 
How very exciting!!!  Aw, well you will have to tell Dugga to come around the Fashion Forum and I am sure he would enjoy it!

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #762 on: November 20, 2008, 03:02:27 PM »

Hi Dolce,
This is for you! I also have twins, boy and girl, different as night and day! Not a day goes by, that I Thank God for my double blessings (I call them my 2fer lol). They will be 11 Dec. 8th, I also have a 14 year old. God has blessed me so much. Enjoy and savor everyday, they grow up SO FAST! They are just now beginning to get their own friends, that has just happened within the past year. It's that word called "puberty" UGG. When they were little Kyle who is 60 sec older than Kelly, would hold her hand at the dr's, and also get his shots first, so she would not be scared. You will be amazed at the "twin" language, the inseperable way they are. I have posted pics of them. To be fair and balanced I also included my oldest daughter Christine.

ok, messed that up! one more time!
How very sweet!!  Thank you so very much for sharing your blessings with us.  We are excited and as each day passes it gets better and better.  I am so thankfull for this blessing and can not wait!!

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #763 on: November 20, 2008, 03:07:16 PM »

I am here Sunny!

thanks....ok...how long does ones pants need to be if they are wearing wedges...
Need to come down to cover the ankle portion of your foot.  But wear it if you got it!

that's what I thought...my DIL is trying to put together outfits to take to Jamaica next week...she is short, like me, 5'1" but she is heavier than I am.. me 8 petite...she 14 petite.she has beautiful while irish linen pants that come just a tad bit above her ankle and new wedges with a thin ankle strap...she tried them on last night and IMO it looked odd....made her look kinda of cut off....but I didn't say anything....I thought I'd ask you first...I guess I should just not say anything...

PS...THANK YOU
Sorry for running out there, had to run to Ave Maria. 

Just wanted to say that while the length you are mentioning is not exactly ideal for the wedges, I would not say anything to her in regards to it.  It sounds like she has an outfit she is proud of on her hands, and if she is confident to wear that, dont put any sort of frown upon it. 
With "vertically challenged" people its hard to find pants that do not drag the floor or that are cropped too high, and often times even if they are altered some places just still do not get it completely right. 
Give her mad props for putting herself out there and wearing something that sounds stylish!  Smile

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #764 on: November 20, 2008, 03:20:46 PM »

I am here Sunny!

thanks....ok...how long does ones pants need to be if they are wearing wedges...
Need to come down to cover the ankle portion of your foot.  But wear it if you got it!

that's what I thought...my DIL is trying to put together outfits to take to Jamaica next week...she is short, like me, 5'1" but she is heavier than I am.. me 8 petite...she 14 petite.she has beautiful while irish linen pants that come just a tad bit above her ankle and new wedges with a thin ankle strap...she tried them on last night and IMO it looked odd....made her look kinda of cut off....but I didn't say anything....I thought I'd ask you first...I guess I should just not say anything...

PS...THANK YOU

Just wanted to say that while the length you are mentioning is not exactly ideal for the wedges, I would not say anything to her in regards to it.  It sounds like she has an outfit she is proud of on her hands, and if she is confident to wear that, dont put any sort of frown upon it. 
With "vertically challenged" people its hard to find pants that do not drag the floor or that are cropped too high, and often times even if they are altered some places just still do not get it completely right. 
Give her mad props for putting herself out there and wearing something that sounds stylish!  Smile

thanks Sweetie,,,it really is a very nice outfit..she has worked so very hard to take off weight for this trip...I popped over to have lunch with her and she is very excited about the outfit.....and I am too....just to see her excited about clothes is a blessing....she is a real cutie pie inside and out

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #765 on: November 20, 2008, 04:52:13 PM »

I am here Sunny!

PS...THANK YOU

thanks Sweetie,,,it really is a very nice outfit..she has worked so very hard to take off weight for this trip...I popped over to have lunch with her and she is very excited about the outfit.....and I am too....just to see her excited about clothes is a blessing....she is a real cutie pie inside and out
I am sure that your encouragement and willingness to stand behind her in her decision is something that is helping her build her confidence and that sort of support is one that is needed by all.  I love my MIL, she is so very sweet and supportive as well....You are doing a good job Sunny!!! 
Jamaca watch out...you got a monkey on the way!

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #766 on: November 20, 2008, 05:59:23 PM »

I am sure that your encouragement and willingness to stand behind her in her decision is something that is helping her build her confidence and that sort of support is one that is needed by all.  I love my MIL, she is so very sweet and supportive as well....You are doing a good job Sunny!!! 
Jamaca watch out...you got a monkey on the way!

she has struggled with her weight for a number of years now...her mother is obese...and she finally decided to take control of her life...and we are all so proud of her....her goal is to to wear my clothes...LOL....I am not sure of that is a blessing or not ..for Christmas last year I gave her a gift to go to a personal dresser/shopper/stylist.....she was really good and was able to show my DIL how to make clothes work for her at her size last year,,,,now every size she goes down she is able to take what she learned and apply it...she joined a gym and is religious...she is there 4 times a week most often 2 times a day at least 3 of those days,...we are all so terribly proud of her

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #767 on: November 20, 2008, 06:28:29 PM »

she has struggled with her weight for a number of years now...her mother is obese...and she finally decided to take control of her life...and we are all so proud of her....her goal is to to wear my clothes...LOL....I am not sure of that is a blessing or not ..for Christmas last year I gave her a gift to go to a personal dresser/shopper/stylist.....she was really good and was able to show my DIL how to make clothes work for her at her size last year,,,,now every size she goes down she is able to take what she learned and apply it...she joined a gym and is religious...she is there 4 times a week most often 2 times a day at least 3 of those days,...we are all so terribly proud of her
Your encouragement and support is what is going to continue her drive to succeed in her goal.  That is wonderfull news!  My close friend is on the larger side as well and last year joined a group called Weight Watchers, she has dropped several pounds and sizes.  I still venture with her to the gym to show my support of her efforts, take dance classes with her to pump up the metabolism while having a bit of fun...Belly Dancing is a blast!! 
Its great to see her smiling and accepting herself a little more each day, she is starting to finally see the person that I have always seen in her.  Its a great thing to watch for sure!

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #768 on: November 20, 2008, 09:47:29 PM »

Your encouragement and support is what is going to continue her drive to succeed in her goal.  That is wonderfull news!  My close friend is on the larger side as well and last year joined a group called Weight Watchers, she has dropped several pounds and sizes.  I still venture with her to the gym to show my support of her efforts, take dance classes with her to pump up the metabolism while having a bit of fun...Belly Dancing is a blast!! 
Its great to see her smiling and accepting herself a little more each day, she is starting to finally see the person that I have always seen in her.  Its a great thing to watch for sure!

You are a good friend...we all need one person in our lives who love us unconditionally....for WHO we are .not the packaging....you are that person for your friend...

Rest in Peace Caylee

invision
Monkey Junky

« Reply #769 on: November 22, 2008, 12:33:28 PM »

Coffee anyone?

http://www.cartoline.it/pics/_zoom_flash.htm?immagine=scherzi_150404_01.swf

Bad Monkey! 

I will no longer support lies and "mistruths", nor make excuses for people that do ... If I do, I am no better than Cindy Anthony .... I will continue to fight for the TRUTH for Caylee Marie ...
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #770 on: November 22, 2008, 05:39:30 PM »

Dog Olympics
(ASOOCIATED PRESS PHOTO, ITSUO INOUYE)
Seven Pomeranian dogs wear firefighter costumes during a fashion show of the Dog Olympics at the Hakkeijima Sea Paradise aquarium-amusement park complex in Yokohama, southwest of Tokyo.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #771 on: November 23, 2008, 09:30:07 PM »

We had a family pumkin carving night and when the kiddos carved the top to scoop out, look who popped out !
Her name is Lacy .. mini dachsund ... i am in lub with her ..
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #772 on: November 24, 2008, 01:19:10 PM »

We had a family pumkin carving night and when the kiddos carved the top to scoop out, look who popped out !
Her name is Lacy .. mini dachsund ... i am in lub with her ..
She is adorable! Love it!!!  You should submit this photo to a callendar.

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #773 on: November 24, 2008, 04:15:34 PM »

Numbersgirl--Stuck in Cuyahoga Falls/Akron area.  Your name struck me too and I've seen you in the Caylee forum.  Accountant by any chance?  I'm not liking all this snow, weeks and weeks before Christmas.  Winter will last way too long!

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #774 on: November 24, 2008, 04:25:03 PM »

Lovinlife...yep - I'm a bean counter!  But I'm in the Warren area...my youngest brother lives in your neck of the woods and I was there on Saturday.  I just told him that I would move up near him if I thought I could handle the commute during tax season....much, much better where you are.  It's sad, but there's nothing left of this area.  The demographics are pretty bad...almost no one under 50!  And then there's the snow....ugh! lol...
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #775 on: November 24, 2008, 04:37:56 PM »

Lovinlife...yep - I'm a bean counter!  But I'm in the Warren area...my youngest brother lives in your neck of the woods and I was there on Saturday.  I just told him that I would move up near him if I thought I could handle the commute during tax season....much, much better where you are.  It's sad, but there's nothing left of this area.  The demographics are pretty bad...almost no one under 50!  And then there's the snow....ugh! lol...

I'm a bean counter too! I haven't been over that way in a long time and as you say there isn't much reason to go.  So sad, this whole area...youngstown, canton...the only thing we've got going here is Goodyear and Summa!  The university has brought a lot of R&D here too.  It seems like everyone I meet from Trumbel co. just up and left their family & history because like you said, nothing left.  Good to see you in the cage and I will watch out for you.  I'm not here that much, that whole "work thing"

numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #776 on: November 24, 2008, 05:10:15 PM »

I'm a bean counter too! I haven't been over that way in a long time and as you say there isn't much reason to go.  So sad, this whole area...youngstown, canton...the only thing we've got going here is Goodyear and Summa!  The university has brought a lot of R&D here too.  It seems like everyone I meet from Trumbel co. just up and left their family & history because like you said, nothing left.  Good to see you in the cage and I will watch out for you.  I'm not here that much, that whole "work thing"

It's nice to have a fellow bean counter in the cage!  I stay logged in alot when I'm at work and just try to speed read through what's going on.  I'll be watching out for you, too.
My boss is pretty cool  about my Scared Monkeys addiction! 
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #777 on: November 25, 2008, 08:56:25 AM »

Numbersgirl--Stuck in Cuyahoga Falls/Akron area.  Your name struck me too and I've seen you in the Caylee forum.  Accountant by any chance?  I'm not liking all this snow, weeks and weeks before Christmas.  Winter will last way too long!
Hey LovinLife...my Gram lives in Cuyahoga Falls!  : ) 
She will be joining us for a month here soon to get her out of that snow. 

goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #778 on: November 25, 2008, 09:58:49 AM »

Lucy says hi to Lacy.

I remember you, Caylee.
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #779 on: November 25, 2008, 11:04:33 AM »

Hey LovinLife...my Gram lives in Cuyahoga Falls!  : ) 
She will be joining us for a month here soon to get her out of that snow. 
That is ironic...can I come too?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.