April 24, 2024, 11:42:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #12 10/04 - 12/16/2008  (Read 151484 times)
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #820 on: November 30, 2008, 07:14:19 PM »

This morning I woke up and ... all was right with my world.  However ... little did I know that within hours that world would be shaken.

After church ... hubby and I planned on driving across the American/Canadian border to  youngest son's inlaw's home for a belated Thanksgiving Dinner.

While at church ... the usher came to us and informed us there was a call for us.  I just knew something was wrong.  We had never had a personal call at the church during a service.

It was youngest son ... he was sobbing and ... I cannot recall  the last time my son cried.

He was at the hospital and ... his wife ... our precious DIL ... had just miscarriaged their first child.  DIL was sleeping/resting but ... he wanted us with him until his inlaws arrived.

Apparently ... DIL will be released this afternoon but ... I have so idea what the rest of the day holds.  Our daughter and family should be here shortly

As a mother of a son ... I do not have a clue what my place is in this circumstance.  DIL is reaching out to her husband and parents and ... that is the way it should be but ...

My feelings are so mixed.

Thanks for listening.

Janet

Dear Janet,

I'm sending out a prayer for you and your wonderful family.  As far as "your place"...don't you worry for one second.  You are a wise, compassionate woman...your words and your faith will not fail you. 

Numbers
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #821 on: November 30, 2008, 07:19:46 PM »

This morning I woke up and ... all was right with my world.  However ... little did I know that within hours that world would be shaken.

After church ... hubby and I planned on driving across the American/Canadian border to  youngest son's inlaw's home for a belated Thanksgiving Dinner.

While at church ... the usher came to us and informed us there was a call for us.  I just knew something was wrong.  We had never had a personal call at the church during a service.

It was youngest son ... he was sobbing and ... I cannot recall  the last time my son cried.

He was at the hospital and ... his wife ... our precious DIL ... had just miscarriaged their first child.  DIL was sleeping/resting but ... he wanted us with him until his inlaws arrived.

Apparently ... DIL will be released this afternoon but ... I have so idea what the rest of the day holds.  Our daughter and family should be here shortly

As a mother of a son ... I do not have a clue what my place is in this circumstance.  DIL is reaching out to her husband and parents and ... that is the way it should be but ...

Thanks for listening.

Janet

Dear Janet,

I'm sending out a prayer for you and your wonderful family.  As far as "your place"...don't you worry for one second.  You are a wise, compassionate woman...your words and your faith will not fail you. 

Numbers

Janet: I just added this as my tagline: THE WILL OF GOD WILL NEVER TAKE YOU WHERE THE GRACE OF GOD WILL NOT PROTECT YOU. You are there for your son & daughter in law; that's all that matters.  Your family is in my prayers, Monken

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #822 on: November 30, 2008, 07:36:16 PM »

Thanks for listening.

Janet
Janet I am so sorry. I know you were just with them at the movies the other night. I hate to hear this news. You are so much in my prayers. Pray and pray hard. God will give you the strength and power to where your place is. He will hold you through this. God Bless you and your family.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #823 on: November 30, 2008, 08:06:58 PM »

OMG I love it! I didn't want to ask since everyone needed help. I so appreciate you guys thinking of me!!

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #824 on: November 30, 2008, 09:49:35 PM »

Janet,I am so sorry. God Bless you and your family.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #825 on: November 30, 2008, 09:54:28 PM »

Janet, I'm so sorry to hear this, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Mary
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #826 on: November 30, 2008, 09:58:18 PM »

Janet~ I am so sorry for your family's loss, I am certain that you just being there for her will bring a great deal of comfort, you will find your place I have no doubt-and it may very well be once everyone else has moved on and she will still need your strength and compassion. You and your family are in my prayers.

Liza

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #827 on: November 30, 2008, 09:58:36 PM »

Janet, you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.  Your faith will get you through this difficult time.
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #828 on: November 30, 2008, 09:58:59 PM »

(((janet))) my prayers are with you and your family...

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #829 on: November 30, 2008, 10:03:59 PM »

Oh Janet, I am so sorry.  You know you and your family will be in my prayers.....

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #830 on: November 30, 2008, 10:08:22 PM »

Thanks for listening.

Janet

Janet, my heart goes out to you and your family, it is a difficult time.

I can understand your mixed feelings, not being quite sure what to do, say, how to react.  As a mom of sons myself, I can totally relate to having mixed feelings during difficult moments like this.  Trust yourself, you'll know what needs to be said and done, and when. 

Your son will need your help focusing on his wife and being supportive of her, cuz that's what he'll likely want to do.  Without asking for it or probably even wanting it, he'll need your support of him and his own feelings, which he likely will be shoving aside in leiu of taking care of his wife.  He needs to be able to grieve just as much as she does.  And then there are your own thoughts and feelings which need to find expression as well. 

We're here for you when you need us.  Am keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #831 on: November 30, 2008, 10:13:51 PM »

Janet, I am sorry to hear of your loss. My prayers are with you and your family!  Let your faith be your compass!   
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #832 on: November 30, 2008, 10:15:22 PM »

Janet, Destiny is lighting a prayer candle for you and your family....

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #833 on: November 30, 2008, 10:19:14 PM »

Oh Janet, I am so sorry to hear of this. My daughter lost a baby in March of this year. Tough times for all. I didn't know what to do either, because anything a person could say isn't going to make it better. I just made myself available to listen, to babysit the other two. Baked, cooked , but mostly listened to my SIL and daughter.
Take your cues from them.
Your DIL will heal, but it takes time. Sometimes months. My daughter and SIL went to the memorial service by themselves. The remains were cremated. Their priest came over and talked to them a few times. He did a healing ceremony for them. Their belief is life begins at conception and that the baby is in heaven with my parents and his grandfathers.
People sent cards and flowers. Some people made stupid remarks to her ( Oh well, they were trying to say the right thing ). She couldn't look at a cute baby or any baby for a while.
Her hormones were out of whack for a few months and things were taken the wrong way.
Just be there for your son and daughter in law. 
It happened on a Sunday and she still gets funny every Sunday night.   

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #834 on: November 30, 2008, 11:06:22 PM »

Thanks for listening.

Janet

Janet, you have my best thoughts and wishes. I am so very sorry for your family's loss. As others have said, you are a very wise and compassionate woman, just being yourself will help DIL out. Again, I am so very sorry for your family. Things do happen for a purpose, I believe, trying to find the good in bad things takes time, but it is there. Hugs to you!

invision
Monkey Junky

« Reply #835 on: November 30, 2008, 11:08:09 PM »

Thanks for listening.

Janet

Janet ... your place will make itself known after you have time to reflect on this .. A miscarrage is not just the immediate loss of a baby, yet something so much deeper .. an emotional scar ...

You have been graced with the gifts of wisdom and compassion, both of which will be much needed in the months to come ... not just by your son, but also your daughter in law ...

Praying for peace for your family ..
Kim

I will no longer support lies and "mistruths", nor make excuses for people that do ... If I do, I am no better than Cindy Anthony .... I will continue to fight for the TRUTH for Caylee Marie ...
marymary
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #836 on: November 30, 2008, 11:18:10 PM »

Janet,

I am so sorry to hear this news, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family also.   As a Grandmother to be I can only imagine.  God be with you all in these hard times.  MM
FL Beagle Mom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #837 on: November 30, 2008, 11:31:59 PM »

Thanks for listening.

Janet

Janet, I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Caylee's Warriors:  Relax, I've got this one -- GOD
PookyBear
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #838 on: December 01, 2008, 05:05:41 AM »

Janet:  I am so sorry for all of you in your family.  You all seem so close and I know this is a hard time for all of you.  I know the pain of miscarriage and the pain of trying to have a child.  Please know God is with you all and can heal all things.  He is the great healer.  I will pray for all of you and know that He can provide peace and comfort to you.  May God wrap His arms around you and your family and give you strength today.
guideposts
Scared Monkey

« Reply #839 on: December 01, 2008, 11:18:40 AM »

Thanks for listening.

Janet

Janet, our son and wife lost their first child last month through miscarriage.    My prayers are with you and your family.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.