April 23, 2024, 08:22:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #12 10/04 - 12/16/2008  (Read 151472 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #840 on: December 01, 2008, 11:32:20 AM »

Thank you all for your kind words.

Thank you to all who shared your heartbreak and the heartbreak of your loved ones who have shared a similar life experience.

This morning ... my DIL is feeling well physically but the emotionally effects will take a while.  She was encouraged by the principal of the public school she teaches at to take a couple days off.  Son is going back to his teaching position today but ... DIL's parents stayed the night and will be with her.

Love, Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #841 on: December 01, 2008, 12:08:47 PM »

Josh Groban - You Raise Me Up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkZ6SmvXOEY

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
califmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #842 on: December 01, 2008, 01:04:35 PM »

Janet,

My thoughts and prayers are with all of you.  God Bless!!

♥ Justice for Caylee ♥
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #843 on: December 01, 2008, 01:33:12 PM »

Janet

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Hugs.

I Stand With The Girl
anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #844 on: December 01, 2008, 01:35:13 PM »

Janet, I'm so terribly sorry for your son and DIL's loss.. it is yours as well. My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

Denial- turning people crazy all over the world! 
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #845 on: December 01, 2008, 01:44:17 PM »

Below are the pics I'm using for my 2009 sock monkey calendar that I will give to friends as Christmas gifts. I almost don't feel that it's appropriate to post these pics here, because I don't want it to seem that I am making light of Janet's family's situation. I don't know where else to post them, though, and I wanted anyone who likes sock monkeys to see them, so here goes. It took me the best part of 3 days to make these pics. Those little sock monkeys can be a real handful when you're trying to get them to sit still for a pic!

COVER

JANUARY

FEBRUARY

MARCH

APRIL

MAY

JUNE

JULY

AUGUST

SEPTEMBER

OCTOBER

NOVEMBER

DECEMBER

I Stand With The Girl
Fuzzball
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #846 on: December 01, 2008, 02:04:33 PM »

This morning I woke up and ... all was right with my world.  However ... little did I know that within hours that world would be shaken.

After church ... hubby and I planned on driving across the American/Canadian border to  youngest son's inlaw's home for a belated Thanksgiving Dinner.

While at church ... the usher came to us and informed us there was a call for us.  I just knew something was wrong.  We had never had a personal call at the church during a service.

It was youngest son ... he was sobbing and ... I cannot recall  the last time my son cried.

He was at the hospital and ... his wife ... our precious DIL ... had just miscarriaged their first child.  DIL was sleeping/resting but ... he wanted us with him until his inlaws arrived.

Apparently ... DIL will be released this afternoon but ... I have so idea what the rest of the day holds.  Our daughter and family should be here shortly

As a mother of a son ... I do not have a clue what my place is in this circumstance.  DIL is reaching out to her husband and parents and ... that is the way it should be but ...

My feelings are so mixed.

Thanks for listening.

Janet

Janet, sometimes these things just happen. Your place in this circumstance is to be there for your son and your DIL in whatever way they will let you. She might want to talk about it, or she might not. She might be going around and around in her head wondering if she caused this somehow--I know I did when it happened to me.

It's really hard to know what to say when it happens to someone else. You just have to listen carefully to see what it is she needs. You'll know. You know there will be grandchildren in the future, and that there's a divine plan at work here. I wish I tell you exactly what it is. Sometimes there's something wrong and nature just decides to start over again. I tend to believe that that little soul is still out there waiting for everything to be just right.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #847 on: December 01, 2008, 06:33:19 PM »

This morning I woke up and ... all was right with my world.  However ... little did I know that within hours that world would be shaken.

After church ... hubby and I planned on driving across the American/Canadian border to  youngest son's inlaw's home for a belated Thanksgiving Dinner.

While at church ... the usher came to us and informed us there was a call for us.  I just knew something was wrong.  We had never had a personal call at the church during a service.

It was youngest son ... he was sobbing and ... I cannot recall  the last time my son cried.

He was at the hospital and ... his wife ... our precious DIL ... had just miscarriaged their first child.  DIL was sleeping/resting but ... he wanted us with him until his inlaws arrived.

Apparently ... DIL will be released this afternoon but ... I have so idea what the rest of the day holds.  Our daughter and family should be here shortly

As a mother of a son ... I do not have a clue what my place is in this circumstance.  DIL is reaching out to her husband and parents and ... that is the way it should be but ...

My feelings are so mixed.

Thanks for listening.

Janet

Janet, sometimes these things just happen. Your place in this circumstance is to be there for your son and your DIL in whatever way they will let you. She might want to talk about it, or she might not. She might be going around and around in her head wondering if she caused this somehow--I know I did when it happened to me.

It's really hard to know what to say when it happens to someone else. You just have to listen carefully to see what it is she needs. You'll know. You know there will be grandchildren in the future, and that there's a divine plan at work here. I wish I tell you exactly what it is. Sometimes there's something wrong and nature just decides to start over again. I tend to believe that that little soul is still out there waiting for everything to be just right.

Fuzzball ... you hit the nail on the head.  On Saturday ... my son and DIL ran a 10 km marathon.  DIL cannot let go of the feeling that somehow her decision to participate in this run put her baby at risk.

Thank you for your kind words.

Janet

_____

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #848 on: December 01, 2008, 09:15:29 PM »

BTGirl - awesome photos of your sockmonkeys, will make a cool calendar! 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #849 on: December 01, 2008, 09:17:25 PM »

BTGirl - awesome photos of your sockmonkeys, will make a cool calendar! 

They are waaaaaay cute, BT!

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #850 on: December 01, 2008, 09:42:17 PM »

Thanks, Klaas and Muffy! 

I Stand With The Girl
Seamonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #851 on: December 01, 2008, 09:43:01 PM »

Thank you all for your kind words.

Thank you to all who shared your heartbreak and the heartbreak of your loved ones who have shared a similar life experience.

This morning ... my DIL is feeling well physically but the emotionally effects will take a while.  She was encouraged by the principal of the public school she teaches at to take a couple days off.  Son is going back to his teaching position today but ... DIL's parents stayed the night and will be with her.

Love, Janet

Janet,
   My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family for this loss. The emotional effects will take awhile, but luckily you all have eachother to lean on and to get through it with. Nothing is more emotionally healing then a loving close family, which I am sure means the world to her and your son right now to have.
  Sincerely,
  SeaMonkey
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #852 on: December 01, 2008, 09:58:26 PM »

Dear BT,

Those photos were FABULOUS!

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #853 on: December 01, 2008, 10:06:05 PM »

Thanks again for all the kind words Monkeys.

Everything has settled down over on my son's home and ... that makes me feel so much better.  In-laws are gone home and ... DIL frame of mind is much better.  She is even planning on being in her classroom tomorrow (teacher).  Lot of work awaits her in preparing students for a Christmas production that is coming up in a couple of weeks.

BT ... I just love your sock Monkey Calendar.  I wish I was one of your very best friends and ... was on the receiving end of your creation this Christmas.

BT ... you have a good heart.

Love ya.

Janet

_____

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #854 on: December 01, 2008, 10:14:41 PM »

Janet...I am thinking of you and your family tonight.  I lost a first child but God gave me a gift of a wonderful daughter a year later.  It is hard to know what is ahead for all of you...so just know that you are in our prayers....Mere

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #855 on: December 01, 2008, 10:52:09 PM »

BT - your calender is adorable!!!!

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #856 on: December 02, 2008, 11:39:04 AM »

Thanks everyone. You're too kind.

Smooches.

I Stand With The Girl
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #857 on: December 02, 2008, 11:26:50 PM »

mammy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #858 on: December 02, 2008, 11:29:51 PM »

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #859 on: December 02, 2008, 11:30:20 PM »

PJ - was this your original?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.