March 28, 2024, 12:05:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Obama’s true believers scare people  (Read 4411 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: October 04, 2008, 12:53:05 PM »

Why Obama’s true believers scare people

Posted on October 4th, 2008
by Nancy Reyes in 2008 Election Coverage, All News, Blogosphere

The usually thoughtful Christian Science Monitor has a “commentary” essay by an Obama supporter entitled “dare I believe Obama can win”.

Could the quiet seed of joy that was planted in my heart the day I heard Barack Obama speak for the first time take root and grow without fear of the brutal storms of disappointment?

Could a leader that evokes awe in me actually win a presidential election? Could the beauty – and logic – of his words win over the majority of this country’s voters? Could they see past the lies and distractions to the center of a human being who sincerely wants to invoke citizens’ higher selves?

Honey, get a grip. He’s running for President, not God.

“Awe”…”Beauty”…”see past the lies and distractions”…The entire essay is “feel good” language. Not one hard fact, no discussion of his policies, and not one piece of how these policies will be implemented (despite that comment about logic of his words).

And therein lies a big problem for Senator Obama: His enthusiatic supporters see in him the answer for their problems. Yet no president could ever meet these expectations.

But what is worrisome is that Senator Obama encourages this type of person.

Most mature people, confronted with such adoration, would either make a joke about them (McCain), talk nicely to them and then forget what was said (Bill Clinton) or kindly explain that a president wants to do a lot of things but there are limitations on what a president can do they all have to work with her. (Hillary Clinton).

Obama? he goes out and rents a stadium so that all his adoring fans can join in the worship.

And that, my friends, is the action of a demagogue.

The writer is a good example of these gentle true believers, and unlike the Krazy KosKids, an increasingly paranoid Andrew Sullivan, or some who write on the Huffpost whose harsh language against those opposing Obama makes Rush Limbaugh sound like a PowerPuffGirl.

In contrast, the author of this essay doesn’t demonize her foes. Instead, she sees Obama as the answer for

“a system that seems so broken, so moneyed, so corrupt…I have never voted for a presidential candidate who has won, much less in an election that wasn’t considered potentially corrupt…”

Ah yes. Political corruption. Presumably Obama, who rose up with the help of a Chicago political machine not known for it’s honesty and integrity, has emerged from that political swamp without stain of sin. I mean, just because he took $100 000 plus in donations from FreddieMac/Fannie Mae over a three year period doesn’t mean that he was bribed. It was merely a “gift” from generous employees in those agencies who had nothing better to do with their money.

The fact that Obama has “opted out” of campaign finance reform funding says a lot about “idealism”.

I would add that many of the supporters seem to be hooked on popular TV/cable shows.  They follow the in crowd and vote based on the political support offered/vocalized by their favorite actors, actresses, musicians, and other 'in crowd' personalities.  jmho

Where are the jobs for new graduates?  Where are the jobs for everyday people that need to continue working until retirement?  Those say, age 35 - 70?  The Social Security and Medicare fund was emptied a long time ago. 

Where are the jobs for special needs Americans?  There are many that used to find jobs as file clerks and messengers.  Where are the jobs for those that are not highly educated?  Some people are not capable of going to college and competing with highly educated people in India, China, or a host of other countries.  Where did their jobs go?  What is the Obama plan for these folks? 

But the real danger are not the gentle enthusiasts, or even the corruption of “politics as usual” that undoubtably will be noticed by a cooperative press a year or two after the election occurs. The real danger of Obama’s campaign can be found in the manipulations by very involved political radicals who essentially started the Obama campaign, who hijacked the caucuses (but not the popular vote) so that Obama, not Hillary, won the nomination. They aren’t likely to shrug and say we lost, and hail to the Chief if Obama loses.

To put it bluntly: A loss by Obama result in court cases, recounts, and vocal dissent at many levels that will make Gore’s Florida recount look like a picnic.

But if Obama wins, what will happen? Will he move toward the middle, and become a successful president of all the people, or will he implement by presidential decree or via judicial appointments the “progressive agenda” of his main supporters?

Many of us oppose on ethical and practical grounds some of these policies, especially those on health care, and given the the vile criticism by Obama supporters on blogs and in the media against those who disagree with them, one has to wonder if such personal criticism will next be directed against those who oppose his policies.

As a physician, I worry that legal sanctions in the name of “civil rights” against hospitals and health care workers who still are old fashioned enough to follow the mandates of the Hippocratic Oath.

What happens to moral and ethical beliefs under the Obama Plan? 

But in the meantime, let’s allow the true believers their fantasy of hope and truth.

Obama, a leader who articulates my own ideas and intuitions with the most eloquent grace, on the brink of a presidential miracle. …

he believes, as I do, that we could do better, that we could be better, that we are – when stripped of bureaucracy and alienation and skepticism – already better.

A Government without a bureaucracy? Now, that is something I have to see…

read the rest here - http://www.bloggernews.net/118024

I wonder how all the new Obama plans will be funded.  Where is the money coming from?

No one can do everything, everyone can do something.

Is Obama really God or Superman?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
jjayinthemorning
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 07:54:32 PM »

He's not even a US citizen. He has been taken to court to produce a birth certificate. Instead of doing the right thing and producing it, he has a high paid attorney saying the case should be thrown out of court.
Obama has citizenship in Kenya. Barakah Hussain O'bama was born and raised a Muslim. By switching to Christianity, not quite sure Rev Wright represents Christianity, that makes Obama an apostate of Islam. Being an apostate is punishable with death by Islamic law.

Barakah (Arabic meaning blessing) Hussain (prosperity) O'bama (son) is indeed pals with terrorists. Saudi is a major contributor to his campaign. And Obama has said he would sit down with the president of the Islamic Republic of Iran. That in Islamic terms means Obama surrenders the US.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 09:49:54 PM »

JJay than you should feel good, maybe some one will come and do a jihad on him and you won't even need to be feelin the angst.

Just some true info from factchecker.org and politiFact.com:

Some of the conspiracy theories that have circulated about Obama are quite imaginative. One conservative blogger suggested that the campaign might have obtained a valid Hawaii birth certificate, soaked it in solvent, then reprinted it with Obama's information. Of course, this anonymous blogger didn't have access to the actual document and presents this as just one possible "scenario" without any evidence that such a thing actually happened or is even feasible.

We also note that so far none of those questioning the authenticity of the document have produced a shred of evidence that the information on it is incorrect. Instead, some speculate that somehow, maybe, he was born in another country and doesn't meet the Constitution's requirement that the president be a "natural-born citizen."

We think our colleagues at PolitiFact.com, who also dug into some of these loopy theories put it pretty well: "It is possible that Obama conspired his way to the precipice of the world’s biggest job, involving a vast network of people and government agencies over decades of lies. Anything’s possible. But step back and look at the overwhelming evidence to the contrary and your sense of what’s reasonable has to take over."

In fact, the conspiracy would need to be even deeper than our colleagues realized. In late July, a researcher looking to dig up dirt on Obama instead found a birth announcement that had been published in the Honolulu Advertiser on Sunday, Aug. 13, 1961:

Obama's birth announcement

The announcement was posted by a pro-Hillary Clinton blogger who grudgingly concluded that Obama "likely" was born Aug. 4, 1961 in Honolulu.

Of course, it's distantly possible that Obama's grandparents may have planted the announcement just in case their grandson needed to prove his U.S. citizenship in order to run for president someday. We suggest that those who choose to go down that path should first equip themselves with a high-quality tinfoil hat. The evidence is clear: Barack Obama was born in the U.S.A.

Update, August 26: We received responses to some of our questions from the Hawaii Department of Health. They couldn't tell us anything about their security paper, but they did answer another frequently-raised question: why is Obama's father's race listed as "African"? Kurt Tsue at the DOH told us that father's race and mother's race are supplied by the parents, and that "we accept what the parents self identify themselves to be." We consider it reasonable to believe that Barack Obama, Sr., would have thought of and reported himself as "African." It's certainly not the slam dunk some readers have made it out to be.

When we asked about the security borders, which look different from some other examples of Hawaii certifications of live birth, Kurt said "The borders are generated each time a certified copy is printed. A citation located on the bottom left hand corner of the certificate indicates which date the form was revised." He also confirmed that the information in the short form birth certificate is sufficient to prove citizenship for "all reasonable purposes."

So yeah this one man who could potentially be the President of the Great United States is a Hoax is going to bring immediate Jihad on the US from the middle east with there great combined population of less than 100million and than they will destroy us with their awsome military might,  get real please.  But hey this is JMO. 

Oh and I guess you think 9/11 was an inside job also, cause the guy who has the lawsuit about the birth certificate, that's what his last claim to fame was. So go ahead and keep spewing lies from when Obama ran aganst Hillary in the campaign.  Believe me the man has probably been checked over 8 million times with a fine tooth comb he's hated so much.   And he has been checked over by people much better than you or I. 
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 11:12:57 PM »

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
Ronald Reagan

We can not afford to take the risk.. Obama has no work experience and some of what was written is actually true.
We have an obligation to the constitution of the United States of America..

Besides I love Palin..    salut
A very honest and common sense thinker. Who has experience in real decision making and responsibility.
 Hope she does great as Vice President because then we can vote her in for president next.
 Of Course that is just my humble opinion.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 11:31:12 PM »

so you want 4 more ....  Scary watch this video to see the light...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cttFb65U9MA

yeah it's Olberman,but man you'd think in almost a decade we could come up with something a little better. JMO
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 11:42:10 PM »

and please don't get me started on the common sense thinker, who has real decision making experience what like telling her daughter about abstinance or wear a rain coat, now that's some common sense thinking.  And don't patronize me with teens will be teens, it's called education for a reason, cause it's how you and I got here.  Just what america will need as she over turns RvW, bans books, and expands VP functions on the constitution. 

Yeah we have an obligation not to take 4 more of the same bad judgement, atleast Bush had the common sense not to change the Constitution and instead protect what our forefathers handed down.  In Obama's defense, none of his dreams will fit the budget while he's President and he is so Patriotic that he will not change what's already been written.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Slogger
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2008, 12:52:15 AM »

Nevermind the frappe and the excuses:  Show me! 

Where's the birth certificate?

Where are the college records?

Where are the IL records of State Senator Obama?

Why so secretive?

Constitution101    hillsdale.edu/constitution/
Courtesy is requested; Respect is Earned.
Pace Yourself, for the LongHaul.  MOs
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2008, 01:09:00 AM »

JJay than you should feel good, maybe some one will come and do a jihad on him and you won't even need to be feelin the angst.

Just some true info from factchecker.org and politiFact.com:

Some of the conspiracy theories that have circulated about Obama are quite imaginative. One conservative blogger suggested that the campaign might have obtained a valid Hawaii birth certificate, soaked it in solvent, then reprinted it with Obama's information. Of course, this anonymous blogger didn't have access to the actual document and presents this as just one possible "scenario" without any evidence that such a thing actually happened or is even feasible.

We also note that so far none of those questioning the authenticity of the document have produced a shred of evidence that the information on it is incorrect. Instead, some speculate that somehow, maybe, he was born in another country and doesn't meet the Constitution's requirement that the president be a "natural-born citizen."

We think our colleagues at PolitiFact.com, who also dug into some of these loopy theories put it pretty well: "It is possible that Obama conspired his way to the precipice of the world’s biggest job, involving a vast network of people and government agencies over decades of lies. Anything’s possible. But step back and look at the overwhelming evidence to the contrary and your sense of what’s reasonable has to take over."

In fact, the conspiracy would need to be even deeper than our colleagues realized. In late July, a researcher looking to dig up dirt on Obama instead found a birth announcement that had been published in the Honolulu Advertiser on Sunday, Aug. 13, 1961:

Obama's birth announcement

The announcement was posted by a pro-Hillary Clinton blogger who grudgingly concluded that Obama "likely" was born Aug. 4, 1961 in Honolulu.

Of course, it's distantly possible that Obama's grandparents may have planted the announcement just in case their grandson needed to prove his U.S. citizenship in order to run for president someday. We suggest that those who choose to go down that path should first equip themselves with a high-quality tinfoil hat. The evidence is clear: Barack Obama was born in the U.S.A.

Update, August 26: We received responses to some of our questions from the Hawaii Department of Health. They couldn't tell us anything about their security paper, but they did answer another frequently-raised question: why is Obama's father's race listed as "African"? Kurt Tsue at the DOH told us that father's race and mother's race are supplied by the parents, and that "we accept what the parents self identify themselves to be." We consider it reasonable to believe that Barack Obama, Sr., would have thought of and reported himself as "African." It's certainly not the slam dunk some readers have made it out to be.

When we asked about the security borders, which look different from some other examples of Hawaii certifications of live birth, Kurt said "The borders are generated each time a certified copy is printed. A citation located on the bottom left hand corner of the certificate indicates which date the form was revised." He also confirmed that the information in the short form birth certificate is sufficient to prove citizenship for "all reasonable purposes."

So yeah this one man who could potentially be the President of the Great United States is a Hoax is going to bring immediate Jihad on the US from the middle east with there great combined population of less than 100million and than they will destroy us with their awsome military might,  get real please.  But hey this is JMO. 

Oh and I guess you think 9/11 was an inside job also, cause the guy who has the lawsuit about the birth certificate, that's what his last claim to fame was. So go ahead and keep spewing lies from when Obama ran aganst Hillary in the campaign.  Believe me the man has probably been checked over 8 million times with a fine tooth comb he's hated so much.   And he has been checked over by people much better than you or I. 

Factcheck is funded by Soros and the Annenberg Foundation, the very same Annenberg that ties Obama to Ayers. But, what worries me (and believe me, he scares the shEET out of me), is that I rec'd a call the Friday of the first Obama/McCain debate, when I told them I was voting for McCain, he said " I feel sorry for you", we continued to go on with all the crap they spew, I hold in my hands the text of all of bills on Infant Born Alive and the Federal Bill, along with S.190 which McCain co-sponsored. I always go straight to the Library of Congress and print out the entire text of proposed legislation and who voted and how, Obama did indeed vote down the State of Il bills that made it to the floor, so when he couldn't debate me on the facts he resorted to telling me that Palin had a "+++++" baby and should stay home with Trig, he also told me McCain had bad grades in college?? Then he told me that McCain would be dead soon because he had cancer due to the fact he "prostituted himself" to lobbyist. I was shocked that an Obama supporter spewed nonstop hate instead of trying to explain Obama's policies, if indeed any exist. I was on the phone with hime for 32 minutes. I was so shocked that I redialed the number he called from only to find out it ws the local Obama campaign HQ;s

I called the local GOP HQ, and sent a 3 page letter explaining all the crap this campaign HQ staff told me. Now, they are desperate to reach naive college kids who are swayed by platitudes and never take the time to go all the way thru his votes even in the Il legislature, they just believe the beauty pageant rhetoric he spits out. He is dangerous to our country and just take a look at the global poverty act he supports ad the ties in that to the UN millenium act, that will scare anyone.

O/T I'm going to the Palin campaign stop Tuesday and they have already had to change the venue due to the overwhelming demand for tickets. Go McCain/Palin.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2008, 02:37:25 AM »

First, I'm not sure what kind of proof you would accept, seeing how he has already been checked out by by our government.  Now you are all starting to sound like the guy Berg who disputed 9/11 as well as Obama being a US citizen.  Birth I don't have in my hand, Alaska is a Republican state ask your constituents.  Even tho his mother was already a US citizen which would mean regardless of where he was born.... you fill in the blank.  College I'd say check Princeton and Yale which he confesses to have gone to both.  And I don't know do you trust the US Dept of State?? Maybe they are full of it too?!

http://travel.state.gov/law/info/info_609.html

Birth Abroad to One Citizen and One Alien Parent in Wedlock: A child born abroad to one U.S. citizen parent and one alien parent acquires U.S. citizenship at birth under Section 301(g) INA provided the citizen parent was physically present in the U.S. for the time period required by the law applicable at the time of the child's birth. (For birth on or after November 14, 1986, a period of five years physical presence, two after the age of fourteen is required. For birth between December 24, 1952 and November 13, 1986, a period of ten years, five after the age of fourteen are required for physical presence in the U.S. to transmit U.S. citizenship to the child. 

I would ask you why McCain has not released his Vietnam POW records, which he has not but he speaks his truth in his biography's if you care to read them.  Spoiled, angry, Neapolitan complex, adulterating, sexist, hero who stayed as a POW with 700+ others and became a hero due to birthright.  I am a veteran and my damn record is there for all to see next to John Kerry's and every one elses.   Where is his? Get real. You blame my guy for hiding shit well back at you.

And now we say Ayers a 60 yr old has been,  when Obama was 8 he did his dirty work that will never die, could be your acquaintance, friend, coworker.  I wonder what you would think if he had worked with Martin Luther King or John Kennedy they were such radical leftist too for their time.  I'm sure we all have a few in our life, it's like reforming a abortionist, rapist, pedophile, murderer, how many times does McCain's name need to be linked to dirty CEO's?   AKA "Financial Terrorists"   It's really no different, look at the man's history there is so much more joy to bring out.  He started with the Savings and Loan with Keating 5 and worked his way up with wishy washy crap that suited him and his politics.  So you have shit and I have shit and I like my shit better.

IslandMonkey that goes both ways unfortunately.  We get polls here too,  in Maryland they are voting on Slots.  We don't even answer the phone w/out screening on voicemail.  Hey look up slots and McCain another of his superstitious addictions.

I would love to go to a townhall for either candidate, but being from a blue state they never give us the time of day.  We usually go Repub Governor, Dem POTUS, VPOTUS, and I vote mixed for judges.  I feel we need a good mix for democracy on the bench.  I've seen conservative judges do just as much weird crap as liberal.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2008, 02:38:54 AM »

I meant ask Hawaii, sorry I have Alaska on the brain.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2008, 03:05:09 AM »

First, I'm not sure what kind of proof you would accept, seeing how he has already been checked out by by our government.  Now you are all starting to sound like the guy Berg who disputed 9/11 as well as Obama being a US citizen.  Birth I don't have in my hand, Alaska is a Republican state ask your constituents.  Even tho his mother was already a US citizen which would mean regardless of where he was born.... you fill in the blank.  College I'd say check Princeton and Yale which he confesses to have gone to both.  And I don't know do you trust the US Dept of State?? Maybe they are full of it too?!

http://travel.state.gov/law/info/info_609.html

Birth Abroad to One Citizen and One Alien Parent in Wedlock: A child born abroad to one U.S. citizen parent and one alien parent acquires U.S. citizenship at birth under Section 301(g) INA provided the citizen parent was physically present in the U.S. for the time period required by the law applicable at the time of the child's birth. (For birth on or after November 14, 1986, a period of five years physical presence, two after the age of fourteen is required. For birth between December 24, 1952 and November 13, 1986, a period of ten years, five after the age of fourteen are required for physical presence in the U.S. to transmit U.S. citizenship to the child. 

I would ask you why McCain has not released his Vietnam POW records, which he has not but he speaks his truth in his biography's if you care to read them.  Spoiled, angry, Neapolitan complex, adulterating, sexist, hero who stayed as a POW with 700+ others and became a hero due to birthright.  I am a veteran and my damn record is there for all to see next to John Kerry's and every one elses.   Where is his? Get real. You blame my guy for hiding shit well back at you.

And now we say Ayers a 60 yr old has been,  when Obama was 8 he did his dirty work that will never die, could be your acquaintance, friend, coworker.  I wonder what you would think if he had worked with Martin Luther King or John Kennedy they were such radical leftist too for their time.  I'm sure we all have a few in our life, it's like reforming a abortionist, rapist, pedophile, murderer, how many times does McCain's name need to be linked to dirty CEO's?   AKA "Financial Terrorists"   It's really no different, look at the man's history there is so much more joy to bring out.  He started with the Savings and Loan with Keating 5 and worked his way up with wishy washy crap that suited him and his politics.  So you have shit and I have shit and I like my shit better.

IslandMonkey that goes both ways unfortunately.  We get polls here too,  in Maryland they are voting on Slots.  We don't even answer the phone w/out screening on voicemail.  Hey look up slots and McCain another of his superstitious addictions.

I would love to go to a townhall for either candidate, but being from a blue state they never give us the time of day.  We usually go Repub Governor, Dem POTUS, VPOTUS, and I vote mixed for judges.  I feel we need a good mix for democracy on the bench.  I've seen conservative judges do just as much weird crap as liberal.

What are your referring to polls for regarding my post? My post was about  a call from the official Obama campaign HQ here being unable to give me any answers on his votes (other than present), and so they tried the +++++ comment and many other offensive statements that are totally irrelevant to anything regrding policies, etc. They just called Trig  +++++ and McCain old and dying because he prostituted himself??? My 8yr old could have debated this pinhead.......sad when the Obama campaign sanctions this behavoir.

Try this

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
jjayinthemorning
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2008, 08:44:45 AM »

fatcat, no one is buying Obama BS.
Good luck to ya.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.