April 25, 2024, 08:57:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #172 9/26/20 - 10/14/10  (Read 109968 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #200 on: September 28, 2010, 06:06:24 AM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/25189511/detail.html
Dr. G To Be Deposed In Anthony Case
Orange County Medical Examiner To Answer Attorney's Questions
POSTED: 5:48 am EDT September 28, 2010
Orange County's chief medical examiner, Dr. Jan Garavaglia, will be questioned under oath by Casey Anthony's defense team on Tuesday morning.
Dr. G, as she is known in Orlando and on her nationally-televised show, ruled Caylee Anthony's death a homicide.

Anthony's defense team is questioning Garavaglia's credibility because she never gave an exact cause of death. Garavaglia ruled, through tests and evidence, that Caylee's death was a homicide of "unknown origin."

Garavaglia performed the autopsy on Caylee soon after the girl's remains were found in December 2008.

Garavaglia has said little about the case over the past two years.
On Monday, attorneys in the case debated the possibility of sending key evidence found near Caylee's remains overseas for testing during a status hearing.

Perry said he would rule on the issue soon, we have no jurisdiction to and he sent a clear message that he would not allow key evidence out of the U.S.

"I will not be authorizing evidence to be shipped outside of the United States," Perry said.

Perry said he was inclined to grant a defense motion to test the evidence, but it will have to be done at a U.S. laboratory that both sides can agree upon.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #201 on: September 28, 2010, 06:09:31 AM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2010/september/155467/Defense-wants-more-time-in-Casey-Anthony-murder-trial
Defense wants more time in Casey Anthony murder trial
By Dave D'Marko, Reporter
Last Updated: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 12:39 AM
ORLANDO -- 
Judge Belvin Perry has set firm deadlines heading toward Casey Anthony’s murder trial, but now Anthony's defense attorneys say they are going to have trouble meeting some of them.

On Monday, attorney Jose Baez explained that the discovery process is still under way.

In fact, the state just gave them 50 new pages of evidence last week.

Baez said the defense still needs to schedule depositions of seven expert witnesses, including cell tower and computer experts, and a forensic entomologist.

The defense also said eight people didn’t show up to the mass law enforcement deposition earlier this month.

State Attorney Jeff Ashton accused defense attorneys of dragging their feet and slowing down his ability to prepare for trial. However, Baez said he has a lot of preparing to do before he can depose witnesses.

Judge Perry did extend the deadline for expert witnesses from Oct. 31 until Nov. 19, but in every other case, he told them they might have to work nights or weekends to get it done on time.

There was also a discussion of a motion concerning the defense's request to independently test evidence.

The problem is the defense wants to do it at a lab with headquarters outside of the U.S., while the state objects.

Judge Perry did not make a ruling on it Monday.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #202 on: September 28, 2010, 07:14:37 AM »

Thanks Bearly,very interesting.   

~ Peter Frampton
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #203 on: September 28, 2010, 07:31:24 AM »

Excellent article!  Sounds like the defense is looking for more reasonable doubt info. And Kronk!  OMG  I pray he didn't touch anything other than the plastic bags. But it only makes sense that he would have touched what he discovered.  And then let's not forget Cindy and George.....anyone who lived in that house has a high chance that their touch DNA is on those articles.  Cracks me up as to how many people the defense is willing to throw under the bus. 

Thanks for all the articles everyone!

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #204 on: September 28, 2010, 07:41:54 AM »

You're welcome, Trimm!

I watched the reruns of Baez shuffling papers and decided he, Mason, and Casey should go on the road as Bumbles, Mumbles, and Tumbles.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #205 on: September 28, 2010, 07:45:31 AM »

Lame, lame, lame.  If Baez needs Casey to identify jail personnel for him (yeah, right) -- then why on earth does he expect anyone, much less the non-nonsense Hon. Judge Perry, to buy the preposterous argument that she needs to be present at the depositions?  That is utterly ridiculous. 

Has Baez never heard of photographs?

Casey wants to play one of Cindy's favorite games and it's called intimidation. lol  Not gonna work with JP, not when he had to ask Baez twice what the rule was on that issue. lol 

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #206 on: September 28, 2010, 07:46:48 AM »

You're welcome, Trimm!

I watched the reruns of Baez shuffling papers and decided he, Mason, and Casey should go on the road as Bumbles, Mumbles, and Tumbles.

BBM
    lmao!

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #207 on: September 28, 2010, 09:43:01 AM »

Hi sassycat!

Sure will be a crowd here when the trial actually begins!

O/T

Brandi,

Love the cool dude on the motorcycle

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #208 on: September 28, 2010, 09:53:26 AM »

I loved it when LDB called Bozo out on not having provided any taped statements he took from witnesses listed for the defense. The Judge said "All I will say is everyone knows the rules of this court and better abide by the rules as I would not be want to be one caught breaking those rules. If the state feels the rules are being broken file the appropriate pleading and I will deal with it."  LOL

Love this judge!

Thank you, monkeys, for all the posts.  I wasn't able to get in the cage yesterday in time for the 1:30 hearing.

As time gets closer and closer to the trial, things are going to the wilder and wilder.

Can't wait for the trial!  I plan to watch every second of it that I can!!

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #209 on: September 28, 2010, 09:54:45 AM »

I do believe George was violent with Casey. I also stick by the subconscious effort Casey made to keep her child out of his hands. She knew if she had to give up custody that George would eventually make sexual and violent advances toward the baby. I contend that Casey thought she was mercy killing like an act of cutting or suicide. This won't come out until after the trial and many years down the road if it ever is revealed. She might keep the secret until he dies. Until then she will always fear him.

I think that is what they plan to use.

I think George thinks that Casey's going for the juggler...didn't he write a letter to Casey, asking her why she wanted to destroy him, Lee, the family?

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #210 on: September 28, 2010, 09:56:37 AM »

Lame, lame, lame.  If Baez needs Casey to identify jail personnel for him (yeah, right) -- then why on earth does he expect anyone, much less the non-nonsense Hon. Judge Perry, to buy the preposterous argument that she needs to be present at the depositions?  That is utterly ridiculous. 

Good one!

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #211 on: September 28, 2010, 09:59:57 AM »

http://www.wesh.com/caseyanthony/25178031/detail.html
Evidence Testing Debated In Anthony Hearing
Defense Wants To Send Key Evidence Overseas
POSTED: 11:45 am EDT September 27, 2010
UPDATED: 3:58 pm EDT September 27, 2010
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Attorneys debated the possibility of sending key evidence in the Casey Anthony case overseas for testing during a status hearing on Monday.

Judge Belvin Perry did not rule on the matter, but he did send a clear message about the motion.

Defense attorneys for Casey Anthony want to have experts they've hired look for trace skin DNA on two key pieces of evidence.

"The whole thing was not tested for DNA," defense attorney Jose Baez said.

Baez was talking about a laundry bag found near Caylee Anthony's remains.

Anthony's defense team asked to send the bag and some children's shorts found along Suburban Drive to be tested by some Dutch evidence experts they have hired.
We would like any way that our experts be the ones to test it," Baez said.

Prosecutor Jeff Ashton expressed concern that a foreign laboratory might not follow certain strict handling and testing protocols developed by accredited laboratories in the U.S.

"There's no power to subpoena anyone involved in the case," Ashton said.

Perry said he would rule on the issue soon, and he sent a clear message that he would not allow key evidence out of the U.S.

"I would not be willing to send it out of the United States," Perry said.

Perry said he was inclined to grant a defense motion to test the evidence, but it will have to be done at a U.S. laboratory that both sides can agree upon.

The defense hopes to find more DNA that does not belong to Caylee or Casey Anthony to suggest someone else put the child's remains in the woods.

Hey everyone, havent posted in a good bit...Im paying attention but must admit the case is getting me aggravated, today being no exception.    The bold part in the article above is exactly what the defense was hoping they could pull, their idiotic payback idea for not being able to get what they wanted from the federal agency run lab in Tenn with the hope that they could string along the State not getting reciprocal discovery due to not being able to compel them to turn it over and/or forcing them to travel abroad.   JP stopped that in its tracks, correctly so.   These idiots dont give a rat's behind that they are defending a capitol murder defendant, they dont give a dang about Casey personally....this is a game to Bozo & crew, a game they are playing to be in the spotlight & foolishly believe its going to bring them notoriety similar to Johnny Cochran.   Neither of them have the skill, charisma, sharpness or finesse that Cochran possessed in one of his pinkies.   The concept of using so-called experts from another country over a procedure that is not widely accepted or recognized will play out even less reliable to a jury than the air samples, ya know sort of like Lyon's so-called expert that made a complete fool of herself.  And why all of sudden when these items were put in evidence almost 2 years ago?  Interesting that they chose the laundry bag & shorts amongst all the evidence....my guess is Casey must have said something that led them to believe they could get someone else's DNA off of them, such as Ricardo or Jesse which wouldnt be impossible considering Caylee visited at Ricardo's & Jesse, well we know Casey & her family flat out accused him because they needed a scapegoat to save that monster. 

Bozo got his stupidity handed to him with a good slap today when he inquired into Casey being present for her fellow inmate depositions-rules...how the heck did this putz pass the bar? Did it ever occur to this defense team how it would look that they requested Casey's presence ONLY for these depositions versus dozens?    Why just them?    For identification purposes, that is absurd-her notes are in discovery, the phone calls recorded so her presence is not needed whatsoever.   I suppose they figured her presence might make these individuals recant or get nervous what they would say right in front of her, but then again they never do think two steps ahead as to how that could backfire on them.    I truly am under the impression that both Bozo and Mason are purposefully setting up a case for ineffective counsel on appeal (regardless of JVM's ad nauseam glowing compliments-puke).   While they have ideas of grandeur what fame this case will continue to provide for them, as I see it the only book they will be able to pen after this trial is Lawyering for Dummies!

Hi, Cappy!  Good to see you posting.  I enjoy your posts and have missed them!

monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #212 on: September 28, 2010, 10:34:07 AM »

Yes, but in his possession they have a tendency to disappear.  (Remember that photo of Zanny with Caylee and Casey at the park that Baez claimed to have?  Ooh, ooh, and remember all those photos of Caylee that magically ended up in the media?)

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #213 on: September 28, 2010, 11:12:04 AM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2010/september/155733/Lawyers-question-medical-examiner
Lawyers question medical examiner
Last Updated: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 8:38 AM
ORLANDO -- 
Lawyers in the Casey Anthony case will question several key members of the Orange County Medical Examiners office including Dr. Jan Garavalia.

Dr. Garavalia ruled Caylee Anthony's death a homicide, but could not determine a cause of death.

During a status hearing Monday, Anthony's lawyers said they will have trouble meeting some of the deadlines set by the judge.

Defense lawyer Jose Baez told Judge Belvin Perry that his team still has a lot of evidence to review, and some depositions to do. More time was granted to wrap up the depositions.

Also Anthony's lawyers were denied a request to send a canvas bag and shorts found with Caylee's remains overseas for DNA testing.

Judge Perry says he'll allow the tests to take place, but wants them done in the United States.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #214 on: September 28, 2010, 11:15:14 AM »

http://callsforjustice.wordpress.com/2010/09/28/casey-anthony-clowns-do-it-again-and-turn-hearing-into-a-three-ring-circus/
Casey Anthony Clowns Do It Again And Turn Hearing Into A Three Ring Circus
09/28/2010
donchais

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #215 on: September 28, 2010, 12:08:49 PM »

http://seamusoriley.blogspot.com/2010/09/casey-defense-stall-tactics.html
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Casey Defense Stall Tactics

~ Peter Frampton
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #216 on: September 28, 2010, 12:48:06 PM »

Hi Monks!!

this is what I got out of the hearing yesterday.

None of the new attorney's were in court.

BOZO stated 7 expert witnesses still have to be deposed.
 Ashton objects to the extension of Mr. Haskell's depo (forensic entomologist)....the evidence has been available for the past 18 months and Mr. Haskell's report has not changed.

Ashton wants KC to sign a stipulation that the defense was given extra time to depose people that should have already been deposed.

Deadline for the defense to depose the state's expert witnesses extended from Sept. 30, 2010 to November 19, 2010. 

Deadline for depositions of all LE personnel remains Oct. 31, 2010
JP says  October 31st is "drop dead date"....use night and weekends

Yuri was deposed for 8 hours and they are only 1/2 finished...poor Yuri!  I can't imagine being in the same room with BOZO AND BUFFOON for 8 hours....I think I might slit my wrists first! 

Deadline for depositions of all other witnesses remains Oct. 31, 2010.

BUFFOON was particularly  arrogant regarding his statements re: Amy H....he was bitchng that she is only available on Sat and in Miami as she now works on a cruise ship. He thinks she should be available at his beck and call.  LDB reminded him that she was available for 18 months BEFORE she took the job on the cruise ship.  He made some statement under his breath like JAC should buy then a cruise

BOZO wanted to discuss the Defense motion filed THAT morning to allow the canvas bag and pair of shorts found with the remains to be sent to a lab in the Netherlands . Judge Perry stated he will not allow the evidence to be sent outside of this country but is inclined to allow the defense to use whatever lab it chooses in the U.S. based on the lab having the correct certifications. BOZO didn't even have a copy of the motion to give to JP who had not yet seen it. thankfully LDB DID!  LOL

some people not yet deposed include....Joseph Jordan, Tony L in NY, Rick Plesae in NC, Kathleen Ramsey, Tony R. in MA, Keith Williams, Tim Miller in TX

BOZO says something FUNKY must be going on at the jail as there have been 7/8 new jail witnesses added by the State in the last month or so....

LDB stated she hasn't received a copy of David Lohr's TAPED statement....BOZO said he provided it...LDB says based on other witness statements there are other TAPED statements taken by BOZO's investigator that the State has not received!!

Judge Perry WARNS about breaking the rules .............

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #217 on: September 28, 2010, 12:53:45 PM »

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2010/09/27/Casey-Anthony-seeks-sophisticated-DNA-test/UPI-17761285617289/
Casey Anthony seeks sophisticated DNA test
Published: Sept. 27, 2010 at 3:54 PM

thanks trim...like Jeff A  said the only ones who says they are renowned are themselves and BOZO!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #218 on: September 28, 2010, 12:55:15 PM »

Thanks for the links, Trimm and everyone! I'm just putting them together in case it's easier for someone!   

Parts 1 through 3:
http://www.wftv.com/video/25180059/index.html

http://www.wftv.com/video/25181178/index.html

http://www.wftv.com/video/2518134/index.html

Hi CBB thanks for putting them together.....

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #219 on: September 28, 2010, 12:58:48 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/09/casey-anthony-judge-belvin-perrys-style-rivets-the-attention.html
Casey Anthony: Judge Belvin Perry’s style rivets the attention
Caylee and Casey Anthony, Jose Baez, WESH, WFTV, WOFL — posted by halboedeker on September, 27 2010 5:58 PM
Judge Belvin Perry’s style drew the most scrutiny in coverage today of the Casey Anthony case.

WESH-Ch. 2’s Bob Kealing said it was surprising that a status hearing turned to arguments over a defense motion filed today. The defense wants to send two pieces of evidence —  a laundry bag and a pair of shorts found near Caylee’s remains — to researchers in the Netherlands. Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

The prosecution expressed concern that an overseas lab might not follow protocols. A definite Perry stressed that he wouldn’t allow evidence to be shipped out of the country.

“But Perry did say he was inclined to go ahead and grant the defense’s motion, which means the two sides are going to have to come up with a lab within the United States they can agree on,” Kealing said. 

WFTV-Ch. 9’s Kathi Belich focued on the defense’s request to depose eight corrections officers and have Anthony there. Defense attorney Jose Baez says Anthony knows the guards by face and not by name, Belich explained. Perry seemed skeptical on the point as he questioned Baez about the rules.

“The defense plans to file a motion to ask the judge’s persmission to let Casey be there,” Belich said. “The judge seemed almost stunned by that request and doesn’t seem to be leaning in that direction.”

WOFL-Ch. 35 anchor Bob Frier asked about the way Perry keeps things moving.
“This is such a level of micromanagement I have never seen,” said Orlando attorney Diana Tennis, who provides analysis for the station. “This is just really unusual.”

Observers have come to expect unusual in this case.

Dr. Jan Garavaglia, the Orange County medical examiner known as Dr. G on television, will be deposed Tuesday.

If JP were not micromanaging this case the DUHFENSE would never get anything done   I'll bet he hates babysitting BOZO and BUFFOON!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.