April 28, 2024, 02:15:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion # 525 9/19 - 9/23/2006  (Read 136933 times)
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #280 on: September 21, 2006, 09:20:31 AM »

http://www.amigoe.com/english/ 9/20/2006

Aruba police under pressure  

THE HAGUE/ARUBA – “When it comes to combating criminality, like drug dealing, our police officers are pressured”, explained Prime Minister Nelson Oduber (MEP) the protocol for the cooperation with the Dutch police today.  

That’s the reason why Aruba wants support from the Netherlands to see how to cope with this and how to resist the tempting corruption.

“The Netherlands is also faced with these problems on a daily basis and has therefore a lot of experience in this field.  We want to learn from that experience.”

Oduber also indicated that Aruba is striving for this same kind of cooperation in other areas, like border control.  Aruba has already contacted the Royal Military Police about this.  “We live from tourism.  Since the terrorist attacks in the United States, all sorts of international measures were announced and we have to comply with those.  We would like to interpret these well, so that the tourism do not experience unfavourable effects of these.”

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #281 on: September 21, 2006, 09:33:52 AM »

Quote from: "Peaches"
Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "nonesuche"
Hi All-

Interesting train of thought on the bookcase Leslie, could have worked.

Klaas-

Has anyone seen Peaches this week? Just a bit concerned, so call-out to Peaches let me know how you are!!

Off to bed myself but hope all have a good night and a great day tomorrow!

No, I think some people have emailed her.  Haven't heard from her in about a 5 or 6 days.  Last I heard she was having that tooth problem.

Good Morning!  Sorry if I worried y'all!  I had a chance to go to Ft. Walton Beach with my neighbor, her sister and three teenagers,(one of them, mine).  What was I thinking?  Weather was nice a couple days, overcast a couple days.  Very nice beach.  

The tooth is still troubling me.  And my oral surgeon that started it all left yesterday for SPAIN!  Good grief!  Just takes me a  little extra recovery time.  I went to my regular dentist yesterday afternoon and he said it looks okay and we went over the medication plan again.  So not to worry.  Stupid cyst that was around my wisdom tooth was biopsied, sent to Emory and came back as nothing.  Just a stupid cyst.  A very painful experience.

Peaches!!!  So good to see you- we missed you!!!  I was worried.  I was afraid you was having a bad time with that darned old tooth.  Hope you had a good time with your friends.  I love the beach - no matter the weather.

I hope your tooth continues to improve.  I know it is so agrivating.

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #282 on: September 21, 2006, 09:43:42 AM »

Quote from: "msmarple"
http://www.amigoe.com/english/ 9/20/2006

Aruba police under pressure  

THE HAGUE/ARUBA – “When it comes to combating criminality, like drug dealing, our police officers are pressured”, explained Prime Minister Nelson Oduber (MEP) the protocol for the cooperation with the Dutch police today.  

That’s the reason why Aruba wants support from the Netherlands to see how to cope with this and how to resist the tempting corruption.

“The Netherlands is also faced with these problems on a daily basis and has therefore a lot of experience in this field.  We want to learn from that experience.”

Oduber also indicated that Aruba is striving for this same kind of cooperation in other areas, like border control.  Aruba has already contacted the Royal Military Police about this.  “We live from tourism.  Since the terrorist attacks in the United States, all sorts of international measures were announced and we have to comply with those.  We would like to interpret these well, so that the tourism do not experience unfavourable effects of these.”

What makes me think that this is the REAL reason this Dutch team is coming to Aruba - that the Holloway case is not among the tasks?

Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #283 on: September 21, 2006, 10:02:30 AM »

What was I thinking running out of town without telling y'all?  Well, my DH is currently overly preoccupied with Fantasy Football which means he is on the computer big time!

I didn't mean to worry anyone.  But I should have known better than to sneak off to the beach without telling anyone!

Has anything happened that could be construed as helpful in this case?

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #284 on: September 21, 2006, 10:09:47 AM »

Good Morning Everone.

Beautiful day here in New York 52 degrees and I love it.

Peaches glad you checked in.

Everyone enjoy your day.
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #285 on: September 21, 2006, 10:16:11 AM »

What was I thinking running out of town without telling y'all?  Well, my DH is currently overly preoccupied with Fantasy Football which means he is on the computer big time!

I didn't mean to worry anyone.  But I should have known better than to sneak off to the beach without telling anyone!

Only 'cause we wub ya!!!  I worry about any and everything - when I don;t have something to worry about, I usually make it up Shocked   Therapy DOES help me though Laughing

We are all just waiting on the Dutch team to arrive.... Hopeful as always.

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
the big hammer
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #286 on: September 21, 2006, 10:22:32 AM »

More Smoke & Mirrors?

msmarple writes: "What makes me think that this is the REAL reason this Dutch team is coming to Aruba - that the Holloway case is not among the tasks?"

I was thinking the same thing.

I found this article interesting (though sad).  As mentioned many times previously, the follow-crimes in multiple felony murder result in capital offense.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/09/21/1979.killing.ap/index.html

Ironically and perhaps lending some prophetic foresight, this vicious crime took place in Holland.

Holland, Michigan, that is.

May Janet Chandler rest in peace.  What a beautiful girl she was!
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #287 on: September 21, 2006, 10:31:11 AM »

Quote from: "the big hammer"
More Smoke & Mirrors?

msmarple writes: "What makes me think that this is the REAL reason this Dutch team is coming to Aruba - that the Holloway case is not among the tasks?"

I found this article interesting (though sad).  As mentioned many times previously, the follow-crimes in multiple felony murder result in capital offense.

Ironically and perhaps lending some prophetic foresight, this vicious crime took place in Holland.

Seems we all have had similar thoughts this AM.

msmarple, we can only hope that Natalee's case is pulled into the agenda due to the speculation of drugs and a terroristic act toward a tourist.  

the big hammer, read article just a bit ago, and had same reaction...re: Holland....at least there is hope for closure for her family after a quarter century.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #288 on: September 21, 2006, 10:48:42 AM »

Front Page post:

Aruba: Prime Minister Nelson Oduber “We live from tourism” … Then act like it

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/2006/09/21/aruba-prime-minister-nelson-oduber-%e2%80%9cwe-live-from-tourism-then-act-like-it/

Aruban Prime Minister Nelson Oduber continues to live in a world of denial. Is it the police thats under pressure, or MEP? By the way Oduber, 9–11 is not the reason why your tourism hit the skids. Stop fooling yourself and stop lying to your people
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #289 on: September 21, 2006, 10:51:01 AM »

Quote from: "2NJSons_Mom"
Quote from: "the big hammer"
More Smoke & Mirrors?

Seems we all have had similar thoughts this AM.

msmarple, we can only hope that Natalee's case is pulled into the agenda due to the speculation of drugs and a terroristic act toward a tourist.  

the big hammer, read article just a bit ago, and had same reaction...re: Holland....at least there is hope for closure for her family after a quarter century.

What struck me was a similarity that we have discussed on this board many times... the involvement of a woman -

I just don't understand how women are involved in these acts against other women ....

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #290 on: September 21, 2006, 10:52:23 AM »

Quote from: "Red"
Front Page post:

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/2006/09/21/aruba-prime-minister-nelson-oduber-%e2%80%9cwe-live-from-tourism-then-act-like-it/

Aruban Prime Minister Nelson Oduber continues to live in a world of denial. Is it the police thats under pressure, or MEP? By the way Oduber, 9–11 is not the reason why your tourism hit the skids. Stop fooling yourself and stop lying to your people

Aruba has border patrol issues... from where the Columbian drug lords? or Hugo Chavez's nasty little minions? Shocked

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #291 on: September 21, 2006, 11:12:37 AM »

O/T - Panda Alert: The pandas are awake; I think mama is holding the cub and bathing it ... live panda cam at:

http://www.zooatlanta.com/animals_panda_cam.htm

The article we're seeing about the Dutch polis assistance - reminds me of the fancy jets (F16s?) that came to search for Natalee. Maybe they did, but I think it was a map project with a convenient tie-in.

Starting in Jan 2007, US tourists will need a passport to re-enter the US from abroad. Ergo, they will need passports to LEAVE for places like Aruba. That might slow down tourism abroad, even to Canada on a day-trip (which is not a popular thing in those border states).

Meanwhile, Aruba has claimed a flood of immigrants, many or most illegal, from various South American countries - we've seen several articles about that during the last year+. Not to mention the various illegals who were "witnesses" ... the gardener, the "condom" witness ...

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #292 on: September 21, 2006, 11:12:46 AM »

Quote from: "igsigs"
Arrow  Beth going to Holland

Beth Twitty is hoping a trip to Holland will help open the lines of communication in her attempt to find out more information on the disappearance of Natalee Holloway.

Beth Twitty says that investigators from Holland have indicated they will send a cold case squad to Aruba.

http://www.myfoxal.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=949691&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Thanks for posting this ! Interesting.. I wonder if Greta will mention Beth's trip? Beth looks good.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #293 on: September 21, 2006, 11:18:43 AM »

Quote from: "Red"
Front Page post:

Wonder what would happen to Aruba's landscape if they all took their collective heads out of the sand at once? Cool
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #294 on: September 21, 2006, 11:21:09 AM »

Quote from: "tidycat"

We had two of our older cats very sick and lost one, Moonbeam, yesterday morning.  The other, Papa, has a tumor and is not doing well.  Your prayers for Papa would be most appreciated.  TIA.  

tidycat

So sorry to hear about Moonbeam.   Crying or Very sad   I'll send some prayers and healing thoughts to Papa.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #295 on: September 21, 2006, 11:36:43 AM »

Quote from: "San"
Quote from: "San"
Quote from: "LilPuma"
Quote from: "mrs. red"

WOW!!!  and didn't someone post on the FP page that they were having record numbers of tourists?

It's a great place to go to be alone.....

Which reminds me, do we know where Arlene and Stephen work now days?

At the dog kennel.

San - why don't you post that link to that blog you emailed me?  The photographer one about Arlene.

OK Very Happy

http://blackcatbone.blogspot.com/2005/09/arlene-ellis-schipper-most-humans-are.html

From the link:  
"I think the totality of the images in the “Arlene Ellis Schipper” series speaks volumes for the depravity of the current matrix of corporate manufacutred narcissistically obsessed reductionist media imagery of white female loss that is centric to these increasing high profile media saturated cases of young white damsels in distress.

As if it is not bad enough that the incompetent Aruban authorities can not break the will of three youthful punk murderers who appear well on their way to walking away without so much as a scratch from this crime, we now have to have that pathetic incompetence broadcasted on a nightly basis as echoed through the mediating voice and seductive talking head of Ms. Schipper.

My art project strips away the brittle shell of the hypocrisy of this horrible media lie about the crime in question in Aruba and reveals what the American audience is really interested in – a continued accessible and reassuring model of white beauty that comforts, placates and feels our collective pain for the loss of one of one of our own."  

He goes on to take issue with an Aruban reporter who claims race is not an issue in Aruba  Laughing  Shocked  Rolling Eyes   and he defends our right to free speech, while continuing to trash Aruba and Arlene.  Ok, so now you can decide whether or not to read it.  I liked it!  

Late reply because I went to bed early last night.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #296 on: September 21, 2006, 11:40:15 AM »

Thanks San!  I'm not sure why but Arlene really irritates me.  Wink

because you hate being told you don't understand their system?  because it was a conflict of interest that she was on talking while her cousin was implicated?

Because she was lying to us and acting as though we were stupid for not believing her?

LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #297 on: September 21, 2006, 11:44:07 AM »

We promise to e-mail you if all the suspects return to Aruba and Korea accidentally nukes it.

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #298 on: September 21, 2006, 11:44:22 AM »

Quote from: "LilPuma"
Thanks San!  I'm not sure why but Arlene really irritates me.  Wink

because you hate being told you don't understand their system?  because it was a conflict of interest that she was on talking while her cousin was implicated?

Because she was lying to us and acting as though we were stupid for not believing her?

LilPuma, doesn't it sound like the blogger from the link San posted, Mr. Bailey was corresponding with Julia -(or what name she refers to herself as today) ?

Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #299 on: September 21, 2006, 11:49:43 AM »

Arlene really started to wear on my nerves too and now I don't think she was really that familiar with their "system."

I do think she is kind of purddy though.  Razz
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.