April 18, 2024, 09:12:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HAND OVER YOUR MONEY!  (Read 7502 times)
truthseeker2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2008, 10:32:16 PM »

caesu fyi, the head of NOW just endorsed Sarah Palin today. The race was neck-and-neck but with that endorsement, Hillary's supporters will stand up and take notice.

The PUMAs are already on board.  The polls that you see are extrapolated to accont for the number of registed voters in each party.  They should not be counting the registered Democrats because there are many that are not voting for the Messiah.

"Character is doing the right thing even when no one is looking"..J.C. Watts
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2008, 10:39:18 PM »

I haven't seen either party come up with a plan to STOP spending money and pay off the debt in say ten years.

STOP spending money is change.  I don't see much change in any other of the suggestion.

I see the country on the fast track to ruin.  Financial, environmental, political, cultural...devastation.

I see Obama as the faster engine, and McCain as the slower engine.

After the Obama/McCain train wrecks, hopefully, the US will begin to rebuild (without Obama/McCain).  However, it will be after much devastation.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2008, 10:41:07 PM »

you're on a roll! 

make sure to forward this information to the McCain campaign.
maybe McCain can ask Obama about this in the debate tomorrow.

that will drive even more undecided voters away from McCain. 

McCain knows.  Don't sound so foolish.  Only people like you do not know.  Don't worry.  The word is spreading.  It is about to go viral.

i can't wait for it to backfire.

and about this NOW endorsement.
there are 550 chapters nationwide. no big deal if the head of one of them gives such an endorsment.
big deal if it is just this chapter. 

crazybabyborg
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2008, 10:42:33 PM »

outrageous it is.

shame on Obama for wanting to reduce poverty, one of the causes for global conflicts.
better spend trillions on wars creating more poverty.

Let's get something crystal clear. It is not Obama's money he is joyous about committing. It's mine, and every other working  American's. Perhaps it's easier to be cynical about us being a tad pissed off about celebrations in our government when we the people are being presented with yet another mandated due bill after being saddled with a 700 billion dollar one just last week, if you aren't, in fact, from America and won't be forced to spit it up!

We are, as a people, the most generous on earth. Even domestically, we give. By all measures of efficiency our private sector establishments, including churches, not only supply huge relief in times of need but do so far more effectively than their counterparts in government. It comes from individual character and a belief in brotherly love. That is a far cry from our government's mandate to strip from working American's more of what they earn so that they have no choice. Even the core belief of the majority of Americans who are of the Christian faith, know that there are no blessings from, or call to give gifts unless it is an outpouring from the heart.

And while I'm at it, I would reserve the right for my country to defend itself in any way we see fit. Perhaps we should have all gathered round the ruins of the world trade center for a rollicking chorus of Kum-ba -ya, and patched the hole in the Pentagon with peace signs, and wrote a blank check along with our sincere apologies for any poverty those who had murdered our 3,000 Americans killed in the attack, might have experienced in their poor pea-pickin lives!

Maybe if we air drop dollars over Iran, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and his ilk would put flowers in their hair and have a love fest with Israel, and Russia would just be overwhelmed with the love and have a picnic with its' neighbors. Americans could just work a little overtime and North Korea, China, and everyone else in the arms race would join with everyone in poverty for a campfire and S'mores!

I can't imagine how Reagan managed to stop hijackings and bring our hostages home without putting on a Santa Suit! It's a good thing he's not here to try that approach today. The toy sack seems a little bare.

Slogger
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2008, 10:47:42 PM »

I haven't seen either party come up with a plan to STOP spending money and pay off the debt in say ten years.

STOP spending money is change.  I don't see much change in any other of the suggestion.

I see the country on the fast track to ruin.  Financial, environmental, political, cultural...devastation.

I see Obama as the faster engine, and McCain as the slower engine.

After the Obama/McCain train wrecks, hopefully, the US will begin to rebuild (without Obama/McCain).  However, it will be after much devastation.

McCain's repeated message has been "government spending freeze."

Constitution101    hillsdale.edu/constitution/
Courtesy is requested; Respect is Earned.
Pace Yourself, for the LongHaul.  MOs
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2008, 10:49:52 PM »

you're on a roll! 

McCain knows.  Don't sound so foolish.  Only people like you do not know.  Don't worry.  The word is spreading.  It is about to go viral.

there are 550 chapters nationwide. no big deal if the head of one of them gives such an endorsment.

are  you living under a rock? Obama's campaign gained it's greatest speed by utilizing the web and those 'viral' avenues !

Shelly Mandel is head of NOW in Los Angeles, if you naively think that doesn't resonate at a much higher level than many other leaders, then you are mistaken.

I continue to stand with the girl.
truthseeker2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2008, 02:18:01 PM »

http://theamericansentinel.com/2008/10/07/pharaobama-and-michelles-big-plans/

snippet:

"... I won’t just ask for your vote as a candidate; I will ask for your service and your active citizenship when I am president of the United States. This will not be a call issued in one speech or program; this will be a cause of my presidency.”

Get a little perspective on your future as an indentured servant.  Read th entire article.

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2008, 02:25:50 PM »

you're on a roll! 

are  you living under a rock? Obama's campaign gained it's greatest speed by utilizing the web and those 'viral' avenues !

Shelly Mandel is head of NOW in Los Angeles, if you naively think that doesn't resonate at a much higher level than many other leaders, then you are mistaken.

i hope these virals work.
and McCain will bring up all the smears and guilds by asocciation.
it will only drive undecided voters away from McCain - they don't like negative campaigns.

no wonder why Obama is still going up in the polls. Gallup at 9 points ahead, Rasmussen 8.
Florida, North Carolina, Virginia - leaning toward Obama.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2008, 03:08:36 PM »

yes and in our last election the polls varied daily too caesu, I don't hang my hat on the latest poll as a result.

my son had the opportunity to hear Palin speak this week, he emailed he will call me tonight with his impressions. I'll let you know what my college son has to say 

I continue to stand with the girl.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2008, 03:17:13 PM »

In the Gore / Bush election, in early October, Gore was at the same percentage lead as Obama is now. I don't know if McCain can make up the ground, but it's hardly unprecedented.
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2008, 03:26:57 PM »

Bush led Gore by 10-15 points around this time in 1999.
http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/stories/1999/10/25/poll.gore/index.html

but indeed, a lot can change in 4 weeks time.
but if McCain's strategy is going negative - i don't think that will work for him.

votes who have already have made their decision will cheer this negativity on.
but it are the undecided voters who McCain needs now.
i just don't believe the majority of them will appreciate this negativity.

so we'll have to wait and see if McCain has more tricks up his sleeve.
of Bush is coming to the rescue with a something.
i was thinking of a staged capture/kill of Bin Laden just before the election.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2008, 03:30:55 PM »

but if McCain's strategy is going negative - i don't think that will work for him.

Bush halves Gore lead in California
SACRAMENTO, Calif. - George W. Bush has sliced Al Gore's once-commanding lead in California nearly in half during the last month, according to a new poll. Gore now holds a 47-40% advantage, the Field Poll reported.

In early October, Gore led Bush 50-37% among likely voters

http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/e3138.htm
truthseeker2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2008, 03:32:39 PM »

Try to keep up:

POLL-Obama has 2-point lead on McCain-Reuters poll

http://www.reuters.com/article/sarahPalin/idUSN1642854220081007

Ya gotta stop listening to the talking heads on CNN.

But, all should prepare for this.  When you look at the demographics of polls on a daily basis, Obama's lead always appears to grow when there is an over sampling of Dems.  Not my perception, this is from viewing the details provided by the pollster.  They do not mention that on CNN.

Be ready for the big "Obama bounce" within 24-48 hours as they all proclaim Obama as the winner of the debate.  They will claim this no matter what.  Then the polls will go back to over sampling Dems and how Obama is in the lead by larger margins.  This is exactly what they did with Kerry and it continues today.  Pschological war-fare sotaspeak.

Watch not for the overt number...but get a look at who they are polling.

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2008, 03:45:23 PM »

SACRAMENTO, Calif. - George W. Bush has sliced Al Gore's once-commanding lead in California nearly in half during the last month, according to a new poll. Gore now holds a 47-40% advantage, the Field Poll reported.

yes, in California.
i thought we were talking about nationwide polls.

truthseeker2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2008, 03:47:03 PM »

Nationwide poll information:

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/stories/2008/10/06/daily23.html

The lead shrunk...but, I'm sure they will find the way back to The One.  LOL

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2008, 04:57:50 PM »

Nationwide poll information:

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/stories/2008/10/06/daily23.html

The lead shrunk...but, I'm sure they will find the way back to The One.  LOL

that's cherry picking polls for comfort.
out of a row of polls in wich Obama is 6, 7, 8 or 9 points ahead - picking two polls with the lowest lead.
and then saying his lead has shrunk - while the overall trend shows an increasing lead.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/us/general_election_mccain_vs_obama-225.html

crazybabyborg
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2008, 05:05:39 PM »

yes, in California.
i thought we were talking about nationwide polls.

You're right, I'd heard it all day on the news, and just did a quick search, not realizing I had pulled California's. These poll results are from USA today, but I had to go to CNN's kid's newsroom to find it. Probably elsewhere as well, but here's the source.:

On Thursday, October 5, 2000, USA Today reported that Vice President Al Gore pulled ahead of Texas Governor George W. Bush by eleven percentage points, the biggest lead so far in public polling. "But the results did not reflect the true impact of either man's performance in their first debate Tuesday night," said USA Today. "Nearly two-thirds of those in the three-day poll were questioned before the debate, which began at 9 p.m. ET Tuesday."

http://www.kidsnewsroom.org/election/articlec.asp?page=article29
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 06:41:29 PM by crazybabyborg » Logged
crazybabyborg
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2008, 06:40:37 PM »

Also ran across this:

Published on Thursday, October 5, 2000 by Reuters 
Gore Holds Post-Debate Lead, Nader 'Surges' 
by Carol Giacomo

WASHINGTON - Democrat Al Gore continued to hold a slight lead over Republican George W. Bush in the Reuters/MSNBC daily tracking poll released on Thursday, the first to reflect some impact of Tuesday's presidential debate.
The survey also showed what pollster John Zogby called a ''surge'' of support for Green Party candidate Ralph Nader, which could affect the neck-and-neck presidential race in battleground states.

The poll, conducted by Zogby, surveyed 1,209 likely voters between Monday and Wednesday. It found the vice president leading the Texas governor 46 percent to 40 percent, five weeks ahead of the Nov. 7 election. Bush dropped a point from Wednesday's poll while Gore remained steady.

``Again this race is very close -- close among voters over 50, close among voters earning more than $50,000, close among suburban voters and those who have had some college or a college degree,'' he said.

Nader, the third party candidate who was excluded from the presidential debate in Boston, rose two points to 7 percent in the new survey.

``Gore holds on to his lead, but Nader has picked up significant support, especially after the debate,'' Zogby said.

Nader was up to 17 percent among independents and 18 percent among progressives.

``If he continues the same trend, he will have an impact on several of the battleground states,'' Zogby said.

The Reform Party's Pat Buchanan had 1 percent of the likely voters polled, while Libertarian candidate Harry Browne and Natural Law's John Hagelin had less than 1 percent.

Another 7 percent were undecided.

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines/100500-02.htm
Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.