April 17, 2024, 08:57:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We keep re-electing utter failures  (Read 1378 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: October 13, 2008, 12:58:02 PM »

We keep re-electing utter failures

To the editor:

The federal government has failed and is failing in many areas. It is Republicans and Democrats alike who are responsible.

How can Americans allow so many representatives and senators to remain in office for so many years when the results of their actions -- and their inaction -- have been so poor?

I prepare legal documents for a living. If I do a bad job for my customer, he or she likely will not use me again. If I admit my mistake and promise to do better, he or she may give me a second chance. Our representatives and senators have done and are doing a poor job. When they are asked about it, they refuse to acknowledge any errors and continue with business as usual. There is something wrong with this picture.

Michael K. Casler

LAS VEGAS

I met a woman at the gas station this weekend that shared many of my views.  Americans need a party that represents the little people, not special interests.  A party that looks for balance in the nation and just says no to global carpetbagger politics.  imho

Voter fraud

To the editor:

In response to "Alleging fraud, authorities raid voter group," on the front page of Wednesday's Review-Journal:

Wow, what a revelation! To borrow Claude Rains' classic line in the movie "Casablanca," I am shocked, shocked to learn of voter registration fraud inside ACORN of all places. ACORN, the street organizing group in Chicago where Sen. Barack Obama began his political career? How could this possibly happen?

On a serious note, when I hear of voter fraud and ACORN, my only comment would be: What else is new?

AL CIRICILLO

LAS VEGAS

When things settle down and people have the opportunity to review the 2008 vote for fraud it will be to late.  The bell was ringing after the last election, and government remained deaf to the ever increasing toll it will have on our nation.  imho

Party's over

To the editor:

Please, someone, tell me why I am a Republican? Is it because Rep. Jon Porter and Sen. John McCain vote for government bailouts of businesses whose own actions got them in trouble? Is it because we buy up houses from people who made bad decisions? Is it because Sen. McCain heaps praise on Sen. Barack Obama's supporters during debates?

Just tell me why any of this makes sense. We are supposed to stand for principles: liberty, limited government, the opportunity to succeed while taking risk of failure. It is the pursuit of happiness, not the assurance of it.

Tony Righellis

LAS VEGAS

They're not your Daddy's Democrats..nor your Mother's Republicans.  imho

Get out the ax

To the editor:

The economy is sinking; health care is expensive and unavailable to millions; education is not meeting the needs of many who then drop out before graduation; the military is stretched almost to the breaking point while two wars drag on with no end in sight; and the national debt is about $10 trillion.

It is time for all of us to stop the games, close down the playground and start acting like intelligent adults. I'd like to hear both presidential candidates tell us how they will deal with the national debt, not make promises that will just increase it.

And we as citizens have to be willing to make sacrifices: less spending, fewer entitlements, higher taxes if that is what it will take to get us back on track. Nothing should be spared from cuts: Social Security, Medicare, veterans benefits, all those special tax breaks that businesses get, education, etc.

That would be true patriotism.

Judith Lachance

LAS VEGAS

Amen.

http://**/opinion/30882024.html

It's to late after politicians start selling off the public lands, generations worked hard to build a beautiful nation for everyone to enjoy.  I wonder who decides what to sell off first? 

Government lands in Alaska?  Nevada?  California?

Stripmining?  When does that start?

How many choices do beggers have in the global economy?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 01:43:35 PM »

IMO, when both candidates voted for the bailout, Americans lost a huge portion of a real choice in the election.

Had either one of them voted against it, it would have been the biggest surge in their respective campaign possible and you would have seen unprecedented crossing of party lines.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.