March 29, 2024, 01:20:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #39  (Read 487525 times)
Mtnmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1340 on: October 10, 2008, 07:35:12 PM »

I know theres been a lot of speculation that caylee may be fathered by LA or someone elses in the A family. They can tell this by caylees DNA alone,by the percentage of identical or duplicate Dna that she had.

since LA dosent want to submit his Dna, it shows something is wrong.

the whole thing is just icky to me.
While that is indeed one train of thought, there are other reasons he might be refusing.  He might have helped in the disposal of the body and is afraid that his dna will prove that.  Hellzzzzzz, he might even be paranoid and think someone is setting him up.  My point is, lets remember the other reasons to.  That coupled with the denial of a lie detector, makes him stink more than Casey's imaginary squirrel friends!!!!

I agree with you!
heathers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1341 on: October 10, 2008, 07:35:26 PM »

i vote icky icky too 

And HH I look foward to what you and Des have to say everyday....please please don't stop posting 

"Some People Come Into Our
 Lives And Quickly Go. Some
   Stay For A While, Leave 
 Footprints On Our Hearts,
And We Are Never, Ever The
       Same."
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1342 on: October 10, 2008, 07:38:16 PM »

Buzzards, yes, regular birds, no

You're exactly right. Since I live out in the woods, I regularly see buzzards flocking over certain spots, just like in the old west movies. However, my hubby tells me that circling buzzards don't even necessarily mean they're circling over something's carcass. He says they "catch a thermal" and float around in it.

Just thought I'd throw that in.
Thank your hubby for that information!  Every time I'm outside they start to circle and I run inside as fast as I can.  It's like, geez, can't they at least wait until I'm actually dead?

Here in the South we tend to look over at the person next to you and say...."I'll hide you for a quarter".  Oh nevermind.  Rolling Eyes
Katysmom
Monkey Junky

Everyone needs a helping hand once in a while

« Reply #1343 on: October 10, 2008, 07:38:58 PM »

This is just someone who called the Anthony home and recorded the call. Cindy yelling that the phone call is a Federal offense? Yah, maybe she should call her friend in Homeland Security!
There are so many nuts in this world.  The Anthonys' never should of given out their phone #'s and address.  When they did that I figured they'd be getting all sorts of harrassing calls.  They brought it on themselves

If love could of saved you, you would of lived forever
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1344 on: October 10, 2008, 07:39:37 PM »

You're exactly right. Since I live out in the woods, I regularly see buzzards flocking over certain spots, just like in the old west movies. However, my hubby tells me that circling buzzards don't even necessarily mean they're circling over something's carcass. He says they "catch a thermal" and float around in it.

Thank your hubby for that information!  Every time I'm outside they start to circle and I run inside as fast as I can.  It's like, geez, can't they at least wait until I'm actually dead?

Here in the South we tend to look over at the person next to you and say...."I'll hide you for a quarter".  Oh nevermind.  Rolling Eyes

I Stand With The Girl
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #1345 on: October 10, 2008, 07:40:18 PM »

Snipped!

[/quote]
I think I remember that.  It would be interesting to know how many children Cindy has had...and when.
[/quote]

I just did a free trial of ancestry.com and they have vital statistics for Ohio.  I'll take a look.

Lisa
[/quote]
Lisa - what did you find?
DES - are you reading what I am finding for you?  If not, I will tend my garden. 
[/quote]
TxLisa.  I've just returned from preparing dinner and perhaps Destiny is off the board too.  Often members don't log off.  In any case I would be very interested as to what you find and appreciate all who have the skills to research. 
Tending your garden is always a good thing too!
[/quote]

I searched yearbooks and all I could at Ancestry.com, but no luck!  I think someone mentioned that to get vital records in Ohio you have to do it in person.  If it were Texas, there are online records for births, marriages, and divorces.  I guess all states are different.  Fortunately, this was a free trial becase I would definitely not pay money for Ancestry.com.

Lisa
[/quote]

I'm a Genealogy buff here and I know for a fact you aren't going to get crap on Ancestry.com unless the people are deceased. Most places are not going to release personal information on living people unless you do a FOIA. Ancestry is only releasing information on census stuff after the 100 year mark.

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
Katysmom
Monkey Junky

Everyone needs a helping hand once in a while

« Reply #1346 on: October 10, 2008, 07:41:07 PM »

If love could of saved you, you would of lived forever
eyecanCOOK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1347 on: October 10, 2008, 07:41:58 PM »

I know theres been a lot of speculation that caylee may be fathered by LA or someone elses in the A family. They can tell this by caylees DNA alone,by the percentage of identical or duplicate Dna that she had.

since LA dosent want to submit his Dna, it shows something is wrong.

This case has all the ingredients for a whodunit movie, and the things that have been speculated are things that you feel dirty thinking about...How did the neighbors not notice before this that there was something just NOT right about the Anthony's? I for one live in a fishbowl and unfortunately see or hear alot of the neighborhood utohs..with all the speculated dysfunction I wonder if the neighborhood does not have light to shed on these people. JMHO

Kindness is a word the deaf and dumb can understand. No ciggies for one year....ok on to year two
eyecanCOOK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1348 on: October 10, 2008, 07:42:55 PM »

whoops  did not figure the quote thing out ss that was my response last post oops

Kindness is a word the deaf and dumb can understand. No ciggies for one year....ok on to year two
eyecanCOOK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1349 on: October 10, 2008, 07:44:45 PM »

This case has all the ingredients for a whodunit movie, and the things that have been speculated are things that you feel dirty thinking about...How did the neighbors not notice before this that there was something just NOT right about the Anthony's? I for one live in a fishbowl and unfortunately see or hear alot of the neighborhood utohs..with all the speculated dysfunction I wonder if the neighborhood does not have light to shed on these people. JMHO This is what I said ss to the poster I was trying to quote

MSE
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1350 on: October 10, 2008, 07:46:50 PM »

Hello Monkeys.......just got home and see that alot has been going on today.........First I just want to say that if there is skeptisism over some of the things that I have said on here regarding this case then after today I will refrain from giving out any information that I aquire from  my friend in Orlando.................I  started asking him questions and begging him for answers so that we on here could maybe find out a little more than we already knew and maybe stay just a little ahead of things....Also I would like to say that I dont post on any other forum other than right here at scared Monkeys   nor do I read any other forum......When I said that LE says the father is not a family member that IS   the answer I was givin and then I asked again and came back here and said   its not a immediate family member and that is what Has been confirmed to me.........Alot of things is not gonna make sense regarding this case until we all know the whole story and then we will still be scratching our heads over some things.......either way I just wanted to respond and   say I have enjoyed being here and reading here and will continue to do so,just maybe not posting very much after this..........Justice for Caylee is all I want and I dont care who or why it is done ....just as long as it gets done.......
I enjoy your posts HH.  Anyway, how do we know that the person who doubts you is who they say they are?  Please keep posting.
Altruist
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1351 on: October 10, 2008, 07:47:05 PM »

OK, let me try to get some feedback here cuz I really am just now finally attempting to process mitochondrial DNA information & how this could have led LP to a belief that LA had the ability to be the birth father. 

My understanding is that mitochondrial DNA is passed on by a Mother ONLY but if a DNA sample is obtained wouldn't it show the mitochondrial DNA from the father as well?   Wouldn't Shirley Plesea have the same mitochondrial DNA as CA, KC & Caylee AS WELL AS LA?  Because a son would have the same mitochondrial DNA as a daughter, wouldn't they?

SOOOOOOO if the hair folicle DNA sample that was expressed to either be that of KC or Caylee that the birth father's mother's mitochondrial DNA should ALSO be present & there was only one, would that be a connection?????????????

Does anybody have a real knowledge of this here that could set my thinking in the right direction cuz I am really confused.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1352 on: October 10, 2008, 07:47:28 PM »

This case has all the ingredients for a whodunit movie, and the things that have been speculated are things that you feel dirty thinking about...How did the neighbors not notice before this that there was something just NOT right about the Anthony's? I for one live in a fishbowl and unfortunately see or hear alot of the neighborhood utohs..with all the speculated dysfunction I wonder if the neighborhood does not have light to shed on these people. JMHO This is what I said ss to the poster I was trying to quote

I have wondered about the neighbors as well. I can't see any other houses from where I live, but at the end of my driveway is a house across the road. Three different times, when I've been entering or leaving my driveway, I've seen police cars at that house. Surely close neighbors like the Anthonys have would be able to shed some light on their habits and behavior.

I Stand With The Girl
txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #1353 on: October 10, 2008, 07:48:32 PM »

Snipped!

I think I remember that.  It would be interesting to know how many children Cindy has had...and when.
[/quote]

I just did a free trial of ancestry.com and they have vital statistics for Ohio.  I'll take a look.

Lisa
[/quote]
Lisa - what did you find?
DES - are you reading what I am finding for you?  If not, I will tend my garden. 
[/quote]
TxLisa.  I've just returned from preparing dinner and perhaps Destiny is off the board too.  Often members don't log off.  In any case I would be very interested as to what you find and appreciate all who have the skills to research. 
Tending your garden is always a good thing too!
[/quote]

I searched yearbooks and all I could at Ancestry.com, but no luck!  I think someone mentioned that to get vital records in Ohio you have to do it in person.  If it were Texas, there are online records for births, marriages, and divorces.  I guess all states are different.  Fortunately, this was a free trial becase I would definitely not pay money for Ancestry.com.

Lisa
[/quote]

I'm a Genealogy buff here and I know for a fact you aren't going to get crap on Ancestry.com unless the people are deceased. Most places are not going to release personal information on living people unless you do a FOIA. Ancestry is only releasing information on census stuff after the 100 year mark.
[/quote]

Yeah I'm glad I didn't waste my money! 

Lisa
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1354 on: October 10, 2008, 07:50:11 PM »

Why would Lee Anthony refuse to submit his DNA?  Well, let's look at this....

He has something to hide...it could be several things...he is worried his DNA will be matched to a person or place that he does not want to be known. 

His DNA could also rule out something that people think is fact.

Lee is just being stubborn and wanted to be subpoenaed...some people are like that.

If I had nothing to hide I would submit my DNA...he is family...his DNA would be all over the house...the car...in the garage...on clothes...he held Caylee so his DNA would also be on her things too.  There is clearly no logical reason for his refusal...this is what has sent up the red flags for LP.  It should send up red flags to anyone that dares to think outside the box. Doesn't mean there is anything to it...Lee could just be providing the proverbial red herring and then again maybe not. Everyone is entitled to their opinion in America...another one of those pesky constitutional rights to speculate and muse over things. Some may not like his ideas or theories, but that doesn't mean we should discount it either.  Personally, I still think Caylee looks like JP Chatt...but I am probably wrong...hasn't changed my mind yet. MOO

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1355 on: October 10, 2008, 07:50:41 PM »

OK, let me try to get some feedback here cuz I really am just now finally attempting to process mitochondrial DNA information & how this could have led LP to a belief that LA had the ability to be the birth father. 

My understanding is that mitochondrial DNA is passed on by a Mother ONLY but if a DNA sample is obtained wouldn't it show the mitochondrial DNA from the father as well?   Wouldn't Shirley Plesea have the same mitochondrial DNA as CA, KC & Caylee AS WELL AS LA?  Because a son would have the same mitochondrial DNA as a daughter, wouldn't they?

SOOOOOOO if the hair folicle DNA sample that was expressed to either be that of KC or Caylee that the birth father's mother's mitochondrial DNA should ALSO be present & there was only one, would that be a connection?????????????

Does anybody have a real knowledge of this here that could set my thinking in the right direction cuz I am really confused.

I could be way off base here, but I thought mitochondrial DNA was only passed from female to female? Don't know where I got that notion, and it could be completely wrong, but I've only ever heard of mitochondrial DNA being passed on from mother to daughter.

I Stand With The Girl
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1356 on: October 10, 2008, 07:51:41 PM »

There are so many nuts in this world.  The Anthonys' never should of given out their phone #'s and address.  When they did that I figured they'd be getting all sorts of harrassing calls.  They brought it on themselves

I totally agree...perhaps they should have given out Casey's 1-900 # 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #1357 on: October 10, 2008, 07:51:59 PM »

http://www. youtube.com/watch?v=XHWzVX2Z6w8

http://www. youtube.com/watch?v=mXij57SJbiE

Let me know if the links dont work.

they didn't work

Oh, I got it to work!   bizarre....sounds like people calling the house to harrass them and Casey gets on the phone to call someone a bi*ch

what does Casey say at the end of the second one? "Umm, actually this is Casey Anthony so???? bi***???" Anyone make it out?

I remember you, Caylee.
KiahJ
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1358 on: October 10, 2008, 07:53:23 PM »

sooooo.... i was just looking at lee's myspace (i think it was his)
and his mood is set to "jedi" and he has not logged on since 9/14/08.

you don't think casey "took care" of him too, do you???

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1359 on: October 10, 2008, 07:53:42 PM »

These are just two examples of why people want to collect and preserve the DNA of their family members. But how does one go about collecting that DNA and how is it stored? An article of this scope cannot solve all your problems. You have to be the one to do research by reading books and articles on the subject, visiting web sites, sending e-mails and calling companies that are involved in this area. As with all areas of life, it is buyer beware. Who knows if some of these methods will keep the DNA available for analysis in 10 to 25 years or more? Some of the methods used for collection, while cheap, may prove to add costs on to any future testing because of the difficulty of extracting the DNA by the company. Such is the case with collecting lockets of your loved one's hair. However, if you have hair of an ancestor and nothing else, as is the case sometimes, it may be worth the extra money to have their DNA tested. More about that later.

Types of DNA:
For our purposes here, there are two types of DNA to be concerned with. The first is y-chromosome DNA (y-DNA) which is found in the nuclear DNA of the cells. Y-DNA testing follows the paternal line back in time. Males comparing like or same surnames generally send samples of cheek cells or blood to a testing lab and find out if they are related through a most recent common ancestor. The second DNA type is mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) which is in the portion of the cell that does not contain nuclear DNA. MtDNA testing follows the maternal line back in time. However, you should also know that male and female offspring receive their mtDNA from their mother. That means that females as well as males can have their mtDNA tested in order to follow the ancestors of their mother, their mother's mother, and so on. As a result, a male can begin a mtDNA test project, and he will try to find other people who may match the mtDNA of his maternal line, hopefully ending up with a most recent common ancestor that matches another supposedly unrelated individual.

Collection Methods:
From a scientific viewpoint, the order of preference for testing DNA samples would be 1) blood, 2) buccal swab, 3) hair. I will talk a little about each type of sample in the following paragraphs. See also DNA Banking for Epidemiologic Studies

Blood:
While this is a preferred method, buccal swabs have come into their own subject to provisos set out below. Blood provides high quality and high quantity of DNA. The testing labs are able to run numerous tests for analysis on the same sample. It is a bit more invasive than the other sample types of cheek swabs and hair, requiring your blood to be drawn by a medical professional. This is the preferred method for DNA testing for medical conditions.

Buccal (cheek) swabs:
Buccal swabs are being used more and more in identification and relationship testing. They provide sufficient quantity and quality of DNA. Their collection is a less invasive procedure than blood. People can scrape the inside of their cheeks within the privacy of their own homes and ship the samples to the lab. A caveat is that the DNA generally must be isolated or fixed within 30 days for best results. Most if not all genealogical testing companies use this method.

Hair:
You can have hair analyzed for y-DNA and mitochondrial mtDNA. For mtDNA analysis, you can just use the hair itself. However, for y-DNA you must get the "root" or "bulb" of the hair. The root contains the nuclear DNA which includes y-DNA. You will also see discussions about the "shaft." The shaft is the hair without the root or bulb, and thus without the nuclear y-DNA. Trying to retrieve DNA from hair shafts is difficult and time consuming and could add costs to any tests. There is a lab that specializes in extracting DNA from odd sources such as licked postage stamps, envelopes, ancient artifacts, etc. If this lab finds DNA from hair, they could extract it and then forward it to another lab for Y-DNA testing. See Trace Genetics.

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.