April 19, 2024, 07:32:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #39  (Read 489468 times)
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #1420 on: October 10, 2008, 08:23:44 PM »

again  i ask   does anyone know any O P D  detetives???
I would like to answer but I do not understand the question.  What is an O P D detetives?

always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1421 on: October 10, 2008, 08:23:53 PM »

Oh my goodness, please disregard post no 1413 as monkey screwed it up royaly!!!1

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1422 on: October 10, 2008, 08:24:07 PM »

Not me. 
HigherHopes does!

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1423 on: October 10, 2008, 08:25:19 PM »

Everyone who is watching NG... don't forget to watch for LP's secret monkey signal!!!

What's he going  to do.
Is this similar to the bat signal?  Or more like a "blue thirty two..blue thirty two" type signal? TIA 

always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1424 on: October 10, 2008, 08:25:39 PM »

I would like to answer but I do not understand the question.  What is an O P D detetives?
Optional Party Dress.

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Hudsunn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1425 on: October 10, 2008, 08:25:54 PM »

Orlando Police Dept?
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1426 on: October 10, 2008, 08:25:55 PM »

Oh my goodness, please disregard post no 1413 as monkey screwed it up royaly!!!1
Ha ha now I am going to go back and re-look at it!!

KiahJ
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1427 on: October 10, 2008, 08:26:52 PM »

Everyone who is watching NG... don't forget to watch for LP's secret monkey signal!!!

What's he going  to do.

Whatever it is, I hope he stays away from the "high five".

I assume he'll give us a little wink.  Perhaps he'll pull a banana out of his ten gallon hat.

anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1428 on: October 10, 2008, 08:27:03 PM »

What's he going  to do.

Tip his cowbow hat maybe? Finger his mustache? 

Hi, Orchidwmn! Smile  Hi to all the other new monkeys as well! The cage is a fun place to hang!

Denial- turning people crazy all over the world! 
misitx5
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1429 on: October 10, 2008, 08:27:05 PM »

Hey Monkeys ... don't miss Dana's show tonight ... its a good one.

Better than anything on cable. Check out the guests:

Tonight guests:

Dana moderates the discussion with Derek Armstrong, author of Drew Peterson Exposed, Drew Peterson and his attorney Joel Brodsky. A Scared Monkeys Radio Exclusive! All three guests will be “exposed” and discuss the book and its accusations.

Bail Bondsman Leonard Padilla discusses developments in the Cindy Anthony case

Criminal profiler Pat Brown discusses OJ, Casey Anthony and Drew Peterson

Thanks Red....

One Question Cindy Anthony case?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1430 on: October 10, 2008, 08:27:25 PM »

Higherhopes claims to have a friend there, not sure if she's online right now.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1431 on: October 10, 2008, 08:27:36 PM »

LP will tug on his ear, turn around 3 times and bark. No one will notice but us!

Altruist
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1432 on: October 10, 2008, 08:27:41 PM »

These are just two examples of why people want to collect and preserve the DNA of their family members. But how does one go about collecting that DNA and how is it stored? An article of this scope cannot solve all your problems. You have to be the one to do research by reading books and articles on the subject, visiting web sites, sending e-mails and calling companies that are involved in this area. As with all areas of life, it is buyer beware. Who knows if some of these methods will keep the DNA available for analysis in 10 to 25 years or more? Some of the methods used for collection, while cheap, may prove to add costs on to any future testing because of the difficulty of extracting the DNA by the company. Such is the case with collecting lockets of your loved one's hair. However, if you have hair of an ancestor and nothing else, as is the case sometimes, it may be worth the extra money to have their DNA tested. More about that later.

Types of DNA:
For our purposes here, there are two types of DNA to be concerned with. The first is y-chromosome DNA (y-DNA) which is found in the nuclear DNA of the cells. Y-DNA testing follows the paternal line back in time. Males comparing like or same surnames generally send samples of cheek cells or blood to a testing lab and find out if they are related through a most recent common ancestor. The second DNA type is mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) which is in the portion of the cell that does not contain nuclear DNA. MtDNA testing follows the maternal line back in time. However, you should also know that male and female offspring receive their mtDNA from their mother. That means that females as well as males can have their mtDNA tested in order to follow the ancestors of their mother, their mother's mother, and so on. As a result, a male can begin a mtDNA test project, and he will try to find other people who may match the mtDNA of his maternal line, hopefully ending up with a most recent common ancestor that matches another supposedly unrelated individual.
Collection Methods:
From a scientific viewpoint, the order of preference for testing DNA samples would be 1) blood, 2) buccal swab, 3) hair. I will talk a little about each type of sample in the following paragraphs. See also DNA Banking for Epidemiologic Studies

Blood:
While this is a preferred method, buccal swabs have come into their own subject to provisos set out below. Blood provides high quality and high quantity of DNA. The testing labs are able to run numerous tests for analysis on the same sample. It is a bit more invasive than the other sample types of cheek swabs and hair, requiring your blood to be drawn by a medical professional. This is the preferred method for DNA testing for medical conditions.

Buccal (cheek) swabs:
Buccal swabs are being used more and more in identification and relationship testing. They provide sufficient quantity and quality of DNA. Their collection is a less invasive procedure than blood. People can scrape the inside of their cheeks within the privacy of their own homes and ship the samples to the lab. A caveat is that the DNA generally must be isolated or fixed within 30 days for best results. Most if not all genealogical testing companies use this method.

Hair:
You can have hair analyzed for y-DNA and mitochondrial mtDNA. For mtDNA analysis, you can just use the hair itself. However, for y-DNA you must get the "root" or "bulb" of the hair. The root contains the nuclear DNA which includes y-DNA. You will also see discussions about the "shaft." The shaft is the hair without the root or bulb, and thus without the nuclear y-DNA. Trying to retrieve DNA from hair shafts is difficult and time consuming and could add costs to any tests. There is a lab that specializes in extracting DNA from odd sources such as licked postage stamps, envelopes, ancient artifacts, etc. If this lab finds DNA from hair, they could extract it and then forward it to another lab for Y-DNA testing. See Trace Genetics.

Thank You pink angel, might be heading in the right direction then according to the part of your post that I increased the size of the font & bolded the text.  Don't think it rules out all possibilities but it maybe the general principles that LP is utilizing in doing his decision making in having ?'s about the results as stated.  So BT, males do receive mitochondrial DNA from their mother's.  I did think so as it is used when very small amounts of DNA are found & didn't remember any differential ever being mentioned as a problem when it came to the sex of the donor. 

Feel a bit less confused.
KiahJ
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1433 on: October 10, 2008, 08:28:07 PM »

Optional Party Dress.

Orlando Piece-o Dung

(a.k.a. Crazy Anthony)
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1434 on: October 10, 2008, 08:28:20 PM »

Tonight guests:

Dana moderates the discussion with Derek Armstrong, author of Drew Peterson Exposed, Drew Peterson and his attorney Joel Brodsky. A Scared Monkeys Radio Exclusive! All three guests will be “exposed” and discuss the book and its accusations.

Thank you Red, sounds like a great show. What time?

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1435 on: October 10, 2008, 08:28:57 PM »

LP will tug on his ear, turn around 3 times and bark. No one will notice but us!

Denial- turning people crazy all over the world! 
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1436 on: October 10, 2008, 08:29:21 PM »

What's he going  to do.

Scratch under his armpit?? 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1437 on: October 10, 2008, 08:29:39 PM »

Welcome, Orchidwmn!

Love your avatar.

I Stand With The Girl
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1438 on: October 10, 2008, 08:29:39 PM »

Hello to everymonkey! This is my very first post, but before that THANKS to Klaas who got me signed up as an official monkey, so no more lurking!! I have to speed read at lunch and when I get home to keep up, but that gives me a lot of time to think about all this. So during really long and boring conference calls, I began to make a list of things I want, and hopefully the OSD has!

1)Police took the neighbors shovel.  I WANT to know if there is blood, dirt, decomposition or what on it!

2)Cindy washed the gray pants, but there were shoes and BOOTS in the car too. ( IMO a little early for boots)  I WANT to know if there is blood, dirt, decomposition or what on those as well.

3)The detectives asked both Cindy and Lee about the JC Penney receipts, so I think there is something there. By now they should have had time to subpoena them, and get the coordinating video. Did she buy the bin (s) that was in her car there? Did she buy the rest of the luggage there? (Most of that luggage had wheels, so no carrying, OMG what a tragic thought) We have all gotten the giant suitcase out of the trunk, using our legs to leverage it out. That one wouldn't have giant.  I WANT to know what she bought that they don't want us to know about!

4)The detective questioning Casey at Universal says something like, we checked the video, and you were not at the Sawgrass apartments at the time. I WANT that video to prove another one of her lies!

Ok, so what I really, really WANT is for Tim to find sweet Caylee, and OSD to hang the little hussie!
Welcome!  You sure do want a lot of things.  The same things that we want.  You can always do what Baez does and have the prosecution do all the work for you...ha ha!

Welcome!  I look forward to reading more of your posts as you bring up some very good information that should be re-examined.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1439 on: October 10, 2008, 08:29:40 PM »

Tonight guests:

Thank you Red, sounds like a great show. What time?

9pm ET
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.