April 23, 2024, 10:21:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #39  (Read 489649 times)
ckrdpast
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1440 on: October 10, 2008, 08:29:54 PM »

Orlando Police Dept?

thats it ... sorry ... i thought that  was understood
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1441 on: October 10, 2008, 08:30:26 PM »

LP will tug on his ear, turn around 3 times and bark. No one will notice but us!

I have been in a gloomy mood all day and evening.....this post made me laugh!!!!

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1442 on: October 10, 2008, 08:30:46 PM »

These are just two examples of why people want to collect and preserve the DNA of their family members. But how does one go about collecting that DNA and how is it stored? An article of this scope cannot solve all your problems. You have to be the one to do research by reading books and articles on the subject, visiting web sites, sending e-mails and calling companies that are involved in this area. As with all areas of life, it is buyer beware. Who knows if some of these methods will keep the DNA available for analysis in 10 to 25 years or more? Some of the methods used for collection, while cheap, may prove to add costs on to any future testing because of the difficulty of extracting the DNA by the company. Such is the case with collecting lockets of your loved one's hair. However, if you have hair of an ancestor and nothing else, as is the case sometimes, it may be worth the extra money to have their DNA tested. More about that later.

Types of DNA:
For our purposes here, there are two types of DNA to be concerned with. The first is y-chromosome DNA (y-DNA) which is found in the nuclear DNA of the cells. Y-DNA testing follows the paternal line back in time. Males comparing like or same surnames generally send samples of cheek cells or blood to a testing lab and find out if they are related through a most recent common ancestor. The second DNA type is mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) which is in the portion of the cell that does not contain nuclear DNA. MtDNA testing follows the maternal line back in time. However, you should also know that male and female offspring receive their mtDNA from their mother. That means that females as well as males can have their mtDNA tested in order to follow the ancestors of their mother, their mother's mother, and so on. As a result, a male can begin a mtDNA test project, and he will try to find other people who may match the mtDNA of his maternal line, hopefully ending up with a most recent common ancestor that matches another supposedly unrelated individual.
Collection Methods:
From a scientific viewpoint, the order of preference for testing DNA samples would be 1) blood, 2) buccal swab, 3) hair. I will talk a little about each type of sample in the following paragraphs. See also DNA Banking for Epidemiologic Studies

Blood:
While this is a preferred method, buccal swabs have come into their own subject to provisos set out below. Blood provides high quality and high quantity of DNA. The testing labs are able to run numerous tests for analysis on the same sample. It is a bit more invasive than the other sample types of cheek swabs and hair, requiring your blood to be drawn by a medical professional. This is the preferred method for DNA testing for medical conditions.

Buccal (cheek) swabs:
Buccal swabs are being used more and more in identification and relationship testing. They provide sufficient quantity and quality of DNA. Their collection is a less invasive procedure than blood. People can scrape the inside of their cheeks within the privacy of their own homes and ship the samples to the lab. A caveat is that the DNA generally must be isolated or fixed within 30 days for best results. Most if not all genealogical testing companies use this method.

Hair:
You can have hair analyzed for y-DNA and mitochondrial mtDNA. For mtDNA analysis, you can just use the hair itself. However, for y-DNA you must get the "root" or "bulb" of the hair. The root contains the nuclear DNA which includes y-DNA. You will also see discussions about the "shaft." The shaft is the hair without the root or bulb, and thus without the nuclear y-DNA. Trying to retrieve DNA from hair shafts is difficult and time consuming and could add costs to any tests. There is a lab that specializes in extracting DNA from odd sources such as licked postage stamps, envelopes, ancient artifacts, etc. If this lab finds DNA from hair, they could extract it and then forward it to another lab for Y-DNA testing. See Trace Genetics.

Thank You pink angel, might be heading in the right direction then according to the part of your post that I increased the size of the font & bolded the text.  Don't think it rules out all possibilities but it maybe the general principles that LP is utilizing in doing his decision making in having ?'s about the results as stated.  So BT, males do receive mitochondrial DNA from their mother's.  I did think so as it is used when very small amounts of DNA are found & didn't remember any differential ever being mentioned as a problem when it came to the sex of the donor. 

Feel a bit less confused.

They could have had a bulb and did nuclear DNA testing on it. And as a result of that testing, the nuclear DNA showed that the parents of the DNA had to be related.

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1443 on: October 10, 2008, 08:31:03 PM »

Orlando Police Dept?

and yes, HigherHopes has a big inside source there.

Garden Gnome
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1444 on: October 10, 2008, 08:31:22 PM »

LP will tug on his ear, turn around 3 times and bark. No one will notice but us!

Maybe he could offer a banana to Mullet Head?

Anyone notice how tired Tim looked?  Man, he looked ready to drop.

Every now and then soft as breath upon my skin, I feel you come back again....and I believe.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1445 on: October 10, 2008, 08:31:37 PM »

Thank You pink angel, might be heading in the right direction then according to the part of your post that I increased the size of the font & bolded the text.  Don't think it rules out all possibilities but it maybe the general principles that LP is utilizing in doing his decision making in having ?'s about the results as stated.  So BT, males do receive mitochondrial DNA from their mother's.  I did think so as it is used when very small amounts of DNA are found & didn't remember any differential ever being mentioned as a problem when it came to the sex of the donor. 

Feel a bit less confused.

Yes, I appreciate the article as well. DNA has always confused me, and this helps a lot.

I Stand With The Girl
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #1446 on: October 10, 2008, 08:32:07 PM »

Orlando Police Dept?

My bad!  I block out the police and only think of the sherrif LOL  OCPD and OCSO.  HigherHopes has a friend in OCSO, not sure if he is a detective.  Is there a specific reason as to why you ask?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1447 on: October 10, 2008, 08:32:29 PM »

Hello to everymonkey! This is my very first post, but before that THANKS to Klaas who got me signed up as an official monkey, so no more lurking!! I have to speed read at lunch and when I get home to keep up, but that gives me a lot of time to think about all this. So during really long and boring conference calls, I began to make a list of things I want, and hopefully the OSD has!

1)Police took the neighbors shovel.  I WANT to know if there is blood, dirt, decomposition or what on it!

2)Cindy washed the gray pants, but there were shoes and BOOTS in the car too. ( IMO a little early for boots)  I WANT to know if there is blood, dirt, decomposition or what on those as well.

3)The detectives asked both Cindy and Lee about the JC Penney receipts, so I think there is something there. By now they should have had time to subpoena them, and get the coordinating video. Did she buy the bin (s) that was in her car there? Did she buy the rest of the luggage there? (Most of that luggage had wheels, so no carrying, OMG what a tragic thought) We have all gotten the giant suitcase out of the trunk, using our legs to leverage it out. That one wouldn't have giant.  I WANT to know what she bought that they don't want us to know about!

4)The detective questioning Casey at Universal says something like, we checked the video, and you were not at the Sawgrass apartments at the time. I WANT that video to prove another one of her lies!

Ok, so what I really, really WANT is for Tim to find sweet Caylee, and OSD to hang the little hussie!

Welcome Orchidwmn!  Excellent questions and excellent first post!
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1448 on: October 10, 2008, 08:33:20 PM »

Hey Monkeys ... don't miss Dana's show tonight ... its a good one.

Better than anything on cable. Check out the guests:

Tonight guests:

Dana moderates the discussion with Derek Armstrong, author of Drew Peterson Exposed, Drew Peterson and his attorney Joel Brodsky. A Scared Monkeys Radio Exclusive! All three guests will be “exposed” and discuss the book and its accusations.

Bail Bondsman Leonard Padilla discusses developments in the Cindy Anthony case

Criminal profiler Pat Brown discusses OJ, Casey Anthony and Drew Peterson

Thank you Red, sounds like a great show. What time?

9pm ET

ty Ms klaas! Smile

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1449 on: October 10, 2008, 08:33:37 PM »

Everyone who is watching NG... don't forget to watch for LP's secret monkey signal!!!

What's he going  to do.

Scratch under his armpit?? 

Stick out his lil finger? 

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1450 on: October 10, 2008, 08:33:50 PM »

Sorry for O/T......please klaas....mods.... don't slap my hands with the ruler!!!!
Can CBB or someone help me .... in the Monkey Lounge on the thread with our avtars.....TYIA

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
ckrdpast
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1451 on: October 10, 2008, 08:34:02 PM »

Orlando Police Dept?

My bad!  I block out the police and only think of the sherrif LOL  OCPD and OCSO.  HigherHopes has a friend in OCSO, not sure if he is a detective.  Is there a specific reason as to why you ask?

yes there is
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1452 on: October 10, 2008, 08:34:13 PM »

Tonight guests:

Dana moderates the discussion with Derek Armstrong, author of Drew Peterson Exposed, Drew Peterson and his attorney Joel Brodsky. A Scared Monkeys Radio Exclusive! All three guests will be “exposed” and discuss the book and its accusations.

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u

IN 25 MINUTES!
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1453 on: October 10, 2008, 08:34:40 PM »

Tonight guests:

Thanks Red....

One Question Cindy Anthony case?
Love it - nothing gets past a monkey!!!!!!!! 
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1454 on: October 10, 2008, 08:34:42 PM »

A few years ago we took a cruise from Port Canaveral and to kill time before we had to go back to Orlando Airport we stopped and took an airboat ride through a swampy river- if I remember right it was the St John's River, close to Orlando. We saw many many alligators.. What I wonder is if Casey took Caylee to a place like that and dumped her- what would be left for anyone to discover and are the areas that Equusearch are targeting anything like that?
Doe anyone from the area know the answer please?
Lisa39
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1455 on: October 10, 2008, 08:35:51 PM »

You think Lee had to pay full price -- or did he get the "family discount"??? 
You are almost as warped as me.

NOWAY A-1 ain't no one got you beat you are #1 (at being warped that is) lmfao
Why thank you Lisa.
I will definately need your help.

You very welcome my friend lmao   You got that damn lock of that shed yet or do I need to come do it??

Tell RM move over I am on my way with every kind of toll we need I am going to travel through the night because we go to get this whole kit and kobodle done before Tuesday hope you feeling better theres going to be a few sleepless nights!!!! lmao

Tim and Tes will bring you home Sweet One!!
TexasBarMom
Scared Monkey

Me Oh My

« Reply #1456 on: October 10, 2008, 08:36:21 PM »

A few years ago we took a cruise from Port Canaveral and to kill time before we had to go back to Orlando Airport we stopped and took an airboat ride through a swampy river- if I remember right it was the St John's River, close to Orlando. We saw many many alligators.. What I wonder is if Casey took Caylee to a place like that and dumped her- what would be left for anyone to discover and are the areas that Equusearch are targeting anything like that?

I would be very surprised to hear that slore risked her hiney to an alligator bite.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1457 on: October 10, 2008, 08:36:47 PM »

Sorry for O/T......please klaas....mods.... don't slap my hands with the ruler!!!!
Can CBB or someone help me .... in the Monkey Lounge on the thread with our avtars.....TYIA

Which thread exactly?  There are a few avatar threads.
misitx5
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1458 on: October 10, 2008, 08:36:53 PM »

WELCOME TO ALL THE NEW MONKEYS!
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1459 on: October 10, 2008, 08:37:32 PM »

The consensus is that aligators like "fresh meat" -- doubtful aligators would consume a dead body whole (especially one in decomp) -- sorry to be graphic.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.