April 19, 2024, 06:00:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #39  (Read 489413 times)
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #840 on: October 10, 2008, 12:41:04 PM »

I hate to say this, but the pressure is on more than ever for Tim and TES to find Caylee.  Prosecution might as well hand Baez her bra while she is at it.

You betcha......I think this weekend will be a nervous one for all of us.   I cant wait for the day to come.........maybe we should design her a special shirt for when they charge her......

I'm seeing the witch under the house ... I'm sure we have a monkey talented enought to design something!

I remember you, Caylee.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #841 on: October 10, 2008, 12:42:35 PM »

it's over and we're still looking at Baez's ugly mug

3 motions yet to be decided
Is that all for today then...when will decisions be made?  ty
flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #842 on: October 10, 2008, 12:42:48 PM »

I don't see that the Defense is running anything.

I see a confident State, awesome DA and I'm glad to know that Baez is totally out of his league.  KC really needs to get a new lawyer.

I'm with you, Out4Bull.   Casey definitely needs a new lawyer, but I sure hope she doesn't get one.   

Baez sure has a lot of nerve (and a sense of entitlement eerily similar to that of one of his clients.....) but doesn't have the brains to realize what a fool he is making of himself in the process.   

If it's not one thing, it's an udder.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #843 on: October 10, 2008, 12:42:57 PM »

O/T but I could see Casey doing this:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,435654,00.html

Florida Woman Charged in Disney Vacation Scam
Friday , October 10, 2008

A Miami woman has been accused of swindling families out of $25,000 worth of Disney vacations.

Nancy Alvarez posted bond Thursday and was released after her arrest on grand theft charges this week. Her lawyer declined to issue an immediate comment.

The 20-year-old Alvarez is accused of stealing more than $25,000 from a dozen victims out of state.

Detectives say the victims include a retired New York police officer living in Canada and a Texas father who paid for his family to visit the park for his 25th wedding anniversary.

Alvarez faces 42 felony counts.

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #844 on: October 10, 2008, 12:43:12 PM »

I wish the state would have asked the home confinment officer where Casey was right now....especially since she ASKED for and was GRANTED relief to be in court today

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #845 on: October 10, 2008, 12:43:22 PM »

Play by play of everything that happened in court today can be found here:

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/news_local_orlandocrime/caylee_anthony/index.html

Thanks Klaas.

I hope this does not go "poof".  Klaas ... is there anyway of saving it ... downloading it?

I hope a transcript emerges.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #846 on: October 10, 2008, 12:43:49 PM »

O/T but I could see Casey doing this:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,435654,00.html

Florida Woman Charged in Disney Vacation Scam
Friday , October 10, 2008

A Miami woman has been accused of swindling families out of $25,000 worth of Disney vacations.

Nancy Alvarez posted bond Thursday and was released after her arrest on grand theft charges this week. Her lawyer declined to issue an immediate comment.

The 20-year-old Alvarez is accused of stealing more than $25,000 from a dozen victims out of state.

Detectives say the victims include a retired New York police officer living in Canada and a Texas father who paid for his family to visit the park for his 25th wedding anniversary.

Alvarez faces 42 felony counts.

Ha! I had the same thought.

I remember you, Caylee.
cheerio
Scared Monkey

« Reply #847 on: October 10, 2008, 12:44:16 PM »

Everyone calm down.  The defense is allowed access to all evidence, witnesses, etc. in preparing for a trial and the subsequent court proceedings.  Even Casey is protected under out Constitution.  The judge's role is not the same as the prosecution's role. It's the duty of the judge to make certain Casey's rights are protected.  It is always better to err on the side of excess in order to avoid any future appeal decisions that could overturn his decision.  Judge's don't like to be second guessed by the higher courts.

For relevant charges, yes. But he is getting access to stuff that is not going to be used in the neglect case.

Doesn't matter.  The judge does not want to get a conviction here and then have a higher court over rule the decision.  It's not important when they get access...they can't refute the evidence that is sound. 
  We must believe in the BIG picture and all this nonsense posturing will be moot. Casey murdered Caylee TRUTH THE END! I wonder what LP's take on this will be.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #848 on: October 10, 2008, 12:44:16 PM »

Baez has already tried to say there is prejudice against Casey. I think the judge is being very careful not to make any rulings that Baez can use along those lines. If the judge allows Baez more access than is required by law, and Baez still can't refute it, then that looks good for the prosecution. And, let's face it - how can anything Baez does refute solid scientific evidence?

I Stand With The Girl
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #849 on: October 10, 2008, 12:44:23 PM »

the munchkin attorney was much more effective tha JB

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #850 on: October 10, 2008, 12:44:33 PM »

Defense wants access to reports, logs and other documents for evidence dealing with chloroform, DNA, cadaver dogs and other evidence.

Ashton - None of these things are not going to used in neglect case. The request for information about cadaver dogs can be recieved through public records request from the sheriff's office. That has not been done.

Judge -- He denies paragraph 5 - request about cadaver dogs.

But the inspections dealing with air samples analyzed at the body farm may be limited to reports or statements of experts regarding that.

Ashton says there are reports from the body farm.

Judge grants the motion. The state must present reports, logs and statements dealing with DNA, air samples, hair strands and chloroform found in trunk within the next 10 days.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/news_local_orlandocrime/caylee_anthony/index.html

All this evidence would be released to the defence prior to a Grand Jury but ...

Janet

AFAIK, the defense has no role in a Grand Jury Hearing, Janet.
[/b]

JONBENET CASE

STEVE THOMAS - FORMER LEAD DETECTIVE

Steve Thomas Resignation Letter
August 6, 1998

http://www.forstevethomas.com/resignation.htm

I am afraid I do not get your point here, Janet.

That is a very long letter. What part of it are you referring to?

Brandi ... when you got five minutes ... please read the entire letter.

Thanks

Janet

Well, you read much faster than I. LOL. Took me much longer than 5 minutes to read that, and I have the same question. That letter talked about a corrupt DA office, and I don't see any evidence of corruption in this DA office in Florida.

I maintain my simple statement that: "AFAIK, the defense has no role in a Grand Jury Hearing, Janet."

The DA office does not have to, nor does it release information about a Grand Jury Hearing to the defense. The defense DOES get notification of the hearing, and may be present, but they are not privy to any discovery UNTIL the GJ comes back with an indictment.

This is my understanding of how this process works.

If I am wrong, please let me know.

Thanks.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #851 on: October 10, 2008, 12:44:55 PM »

it's over and we're still looking at Baez's ugly mug

3 motions yet to be decided
Is that all for today then...when will decisions be made?  ty

I think the judge said by Monday
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #852 on: October 10, 2008, 12:45:04 PM »

Baez job is to defend Casey in whatever charges she faces.  He knows she is a loon and that his only hope is insanity at this point...which won't work...but he has to try.  The DA did her job and the defense did theirs.  The judge is only there to make sure it's fair to everyone.  If you are on Casey's side you would want to have access to all the evidence.  It's a right provided in a court to the person accused of the crime.  To say you can't have any of this stuff until you get to court you are violating the person's rights.  That is how it is here in America.  The right to discovery is there....regardless.  The defense has to know ahead of time what to refute and what to try to get tossed at the actual trial. The DA knows this.  The judge was not fooled...if he had been Baez would never have been told to make an effort to defend your client and go out there and do your own investigation. Don't underestimate Baez...he knows how to play this game too.  It's all a matter of who gets to checkmate first...I am betting on the prosecution. 
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #853 on: October 10, 2008, 12:45:35 PM »

Thanks Klaas.

I hope this does not go "poof".  Klaas ... is there anyway of saving it ... downloading it?

Janet

I copied and pasted into Word. But it is a  bit messy. I'm hoping for a transcript as well.

I remember you, Caylee.
thb134
Scared Monkey

« Reply #854 on: October 10, 2008, 12:47:10 PM »

I hate to say this, but the pressure is on more than ever for Tim and TES to find Caylee.  Prosecution might as well hand Baez her bra while she is at it.

You betcha......I think this weekend will be a nervous one for all of us.   I cant wait for the day to come.........maybe we should design her a special shirt for when they charge her......

I'm seeing the witch under the house ... I'm sure we have a monkey talented enought to design something!

Hehe,  come on talented monkeys, lets get this slore dressed ready for her grand day....
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #855 on: October 10, 2008, 12:48:10 PM »

Keep in mind this was a hearing on the child neglect charges.  Remember there is much evidence against Casey on the check charges.  She will be going to prison at some point.  If she goes on the check charges...which she will...there is no need to keep her isolated...they will eventually put her in the general population.  Be patient grasshoppers...this is not Aruba.
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #856 on: October 10, 2008, 12:48:35 PM »

dumb baez thinks he has won..... you can tell by the smirk on his face as he was leaving he is such a moron....it would be good if charges were brought up against him as well....spending so much time with his client proves to be more than just attorney/client relationship...

Yeppers, can see JB with KC on his lap going "Hey hunny, whadda make of these squiggles on the dna evidence?" Just tell them Zanny did it! It's gotten me this far! DNA? Waste, huge waste! Gimme Tony's number, I want to talk to him!   

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #857 on: October 10, 2008, 12:49:10 PM »

Thanks Klaas.

Janet

I copied the entire thing and pasted in the MEDIA ONLY: NO COMMENTS thread.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #858 on: October 10, 2008, 12:49:17 PM »

I have a question....please someone help me with this.

What was the conversation about semen?  Did it pertain to the trunk of the car? 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #859 on: October 10, 2008, 12:50:49 PM »

Everyone calm down.  The defense is allowed access to all evidence, witnesses, etc. in preparing for a trial and the subsequent court proceedings.  Even Casey is protected under out Constitution.  The judge's role is not the same as the prosecution's role. It's the duty of the judge to make certain Casey's rights are protected.  It is always better to err on the side of excess in order to avoid any future appeal decisions that could overturn his decision.  Judge's don't like to be second guessed by the higher courts.

For relevant charges, yes. But he is getting access to stuff that is not going to be used in the neglect case.

But see - I think everyone knows she's going to be charged with murder within a few days, so why not let the defense go ahead and have the stuff now?

I see what you're saying, but I guess I believe the law is the law. And the way I read it, it seemed he shouldn't have gotten access to the samples, car, etc. Just my own opinion. I am praying here they find Caylee's body, and that they do have good forensic evidence to convice Casey.

If bumbling Jose Baez was able to get almost everything he motioned for ... logic dictates there must be a high profile defence attorney with judicial and political connections in the background.  I believe that it just a matter of time before this high profile attorney will reveal himself.

IMO

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.