May 01, 2024, 03:05:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Severe Child abuse--PLEASE WATCH  (Read 4317 times)
espresso lover
Scared Monkey

« on: October 11, 2008, 02:35:06 AM »

Warning graphic and heartbreaking may need alot of tissue

~Keep standing up for what is RIGHT...confronting what is WRONG and believing in the TRUTH!!~
espresso lover
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 02:35:41 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkSN65cJKOE&NR=1

~Keep standing up for what is RIGHT...confronting what is WRONG and believing in the TRUTH!!~
rebelgirl901
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 04:02:42 PM »

These people are sick.  What were they thinking?  Was this some kind of sick game to them, some type of punishment to the child, have the no conscience?  I can not imagine anyone doing this to another human being much less your own baby.

God Bless Baby Brianna

R.I.P.

Those a$$holes should burn in hell

Justice 4 Natalee/Justice 4 Caylee<br /><br />Where is Lindsey Baum
espresso lover
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 12:44:19 AM »

Baby Brianna Bill Signed Into Law

Ben Swann, KFOX Morning News Anchor/Reporter

The Baby Brianna Bill, or Senate bill 166 is now officially New Mexico law.

For the hundreds who showed up for the signing of the bill, it was a powerful and historic moment.

With the stroke of Governor Bill Richardson's pen, the Baby Brianna Bill was signed into action.

As we've reported, it makes child abuse resulting in death a first degree felony in New Mexico - carrying a mandatory sentence of 30 years in prison.

Dona Ana County District Attorney Susana Martinez says, "To see him finally sign it meant there was no going back."

Among those who came to witness the event were two parents.

One was 17 year old father John Moore, whose three week old daughter Jazelle was beaten to death in Truth or Consequences this past January.

Linday Haywood's son Joshua was beaten to death by his stepfather in 1986. Linda wrote a poem for all the children who have died, with no one to speak on their behalf.

Do you remember how you used to bath me at night?

Do you remember how you used to hold me so tight?

Do you remember how you used to make me smell so good"

Do you remember how you used to tell me how you loved me more than anyone else could?

I remember... how you told me that love was not supposed to hurt - but somehow, you forgot about our love.

Somehow.

Senate bill 166 will not be grandfathered.

That means that parents across New Mexico currently awaiting trial for child abuse resulting in death cannot be sentenced under the new law.

http://www.kfoxtv.com/news/4333292/detail.html

espresso lover
Scared Monkey

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 12:48:40 AM »

{3} The tragic facts of this case have been set forth by this Court in Lopez and Walters. See Lopez, 2007-NMSC-037, ¶¶ 2-4; Walters, 2007-NMSC-050, ¶¶ 2-4. Baby Briana died on July 19, 2002. Lopez, 2007-NMSC-037, ¶ 2. At the time, Defendant lived in the mobile home of Baby Briana's grandmother and shared a bedroom with Baby Briana, Mother, Father, and Baby Briana's eighteen-month-old brother, Andy Jr. Id. On the morning of July 19, 2002, Mother called 911 to report that Baby Briana had stopped breathing. Id. ¶ 3. Baby Briana was transported to the hospital where, after attempts to resuscitate her were unsuccessful, she was pronounced dead. Id.

{4} The full extent of Baby Briana's injuries were chronicled by this Court in Lopez and Walters. For the purposes of Defendant's appeal, we only relate those injuries inflicted on Baby Briana in the last days of her life. The autopsy of Baby Briana revealed that she died from cranial cerebral injuries. Id. ¶ 4. She had bruising and scraping injuries throughout her head, as well as on her upper forehead. Id. She suffered a blunt force injury to her head in the last three days or less of her life which resulted in a large subdural hematoma on her brain. Walters, 2006-NMCA-071, ¶ 4. Baby Briana had bleeding within the membranes around the brain as well as around her optical nerves which meant that she had been violently shaken. Lopez, 2007-NMSC-037, ¶ 4. Additionally, Baby Briana's anus and vagina were injured. Id. She had a significant abrasion on her buttocks which went into the buttocks and was consistent with sexual assault. Walters, 2006-NMCA-071, ¶ 5. Immediately after Baby Briana was pronounced dead, the attending nurse observed that her anus had no muscle tone and gaped open. Id. At her autopsy, it was observed that Baby Briana's anal opening was dilated to a full inch. Id. The internal examination showed a half-inch to an inch injury inside the anal opening as well as vaginal injuries inside Baby Briana's labia minora, including three small injuries to her hymen. Id.

Statements of Defendant and his Codefendants

{5} On the day of Baby Briana's death, Defendant and his codefendants were interviewed by police at the Sheriff's Department. In his statement to police, Defendant said that on the night of July 18, 2002, he was in the bedroom with Mother, Father, Father's brother, Robert Walters (Second Uncle), as well as a friend of Second Uncle. They were drinking beer and playing video games. Defendant acknowledged that he consumed six beers over the course of the night. Initially, Defendant said nothing unusual happened that night, that he slept through the night and was awakened by Second Uncle on the morning of July 19, 2002. Later in the interview, police asked Defendant if anybody had ever throw Baby Briana up in the air and if she had ever hit her head. Uncle admitted to throwing her up in the air so that her head hit the ceiling. Police also confronted Defendant with admissions made by Father regarding the events of July 18, 2002. Defendant then told police that he and Father were throwing Baby Briana up in the air so that she hit her head on the ceiling and allowing her to fall to the floor. Defendant confirmed this statement several times. Defendant was then shown photographs of Baby Briana's anus. Initially Defendant denied touching Baby Briana's anus, saying, "Oh no. I didn't do that. I didn't do nothing like that." When questioned further, Defendant's response changed to, "I can't remember. I don't remember." Finally, Defendant told police that he was intoxicated and that he could not remember starting the sex act with Baby Briana, but he remembered stopping because he realized what he was doing was wrong.

http://www.supremecourt.nm.org/pastopinion/VIEW/07sc-037.html

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.