April 25, 2024, 10:18:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #41  (Read 414093 times)
Anninflorida
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1320 on: October 13, 2008, 02:13:24 PM »

I was on a grand jury many years ago, when I lived in Tennessee.  The State would present us the case evidence and then ask us to serve and indictment.  We had the ability to accept the State's charges or we could "offer" the State an indictment on a lesser charge...i.e. manslaughter instead of murder.  Of course, the State didn't have to accept that charge and could try later for murder. 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1321 on: October 13, 2008, 02:14:53 PM »

Don't those dimwits see that if they TRULY believed that Caylee was alive, they'd WANT all of these searches to go on and turn up nothing, so that LE and the public would eventually think that maybe Caylee IS alive?   I would think that they would want to hurry the searches along to get them out of the way so that there would be searches for a live Caylee instead.

Dumbsh*ts.

Noooooooo...but they think in reverse, tri polar, ADD, OCD, triple uno mentality.

marymary ~  I don't know how you intended this post, but I am objecting to it as a poster.  ADD and OCD doesn't equal reverse thinking. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
mammy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1322 on: October 13, 2008, 02:15:11 PM »

Well, I have looked everywhere I could think of and found no reference whatsoever of last night vigil. None of the news sites are reporting anything. Another odd omission is anything regarding her Monday trip to her case manager.Mmmmmmmmmmmmm makes one wonder.

I agree jr ... veeeery veeeery suspicious.

Janet

Tamiko, I've written emails to two of the news sources in Orlando.  Only one has answered thus far.
cfnews13.com sent this in response:  "The vigil's [sic] were being held in a nearby church.  I'm not certain if one was held last night."

Interesting...  IMO if they didn't hold their weekly vigil, they were told with certainty by LE that Caylee is gone.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1323 on: October 13, 2008, 02:16:09 PM »

I don't remeber if I told you all this or not, but when they found Cori Baker after 4 months, all they found was a partial skull, a vertabre and a few tiny bones. 

If all depends upon if a body is left out in the open, buried, in a container of sorts or in water. 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1324 on: October 13, 2008, 02:17:07 PM »

Don't those dimwits see that if they TRULY believed that Caylee was alive, they'd WANT all of these searches to go on and turn up nothing, so that LE and the public would eventually think that maybe Caylee IS alive?   I would think that they would want to hurry the searches along to get them out of the way so that there would be searches for a live Caylee instead.

Dumbsh*ts.

They're not even smart enough to PRETEND to believe she's still alive.   

Noooooooo...but they think in reverse, tri polar, ADD, OCD, triple uno mentality.

Flossy ~  Are you agreeing with the above bolded comment?  As a poster I object to this.  ADD and OCD do not equal reverse thinking.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
KiahJ
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1325 on: October 13, 2008, 02:17:16 PM »

Let's keep in mind the standard of proof for the grand jury is only probable cause. I believe they have that and then some -- even without a body. The LE and prosecutors in this case are top-notch. She will be indicted. She will pay for her crime. Keep the faith!

I know that there has been a ton of info about what the GJ does, etc, but am still not 100% clear... is it the GJ who makes the choice as to if she will be charged with "murder" or "manslaughter" or "negligent homicide" or whatever... or do they go to the GJ and say "Do we have enough to go forward with murder charges?" and if the answer is no then go back and say "Do we have enough to go forward with manslaughter charges?"

I believe the state must file the charge with the GJ at the beginning of testimony. That is what I remember hearing on NG. Also, I believe in FL the only charges that must go before a GJ is 1st & 2nd degree murder. If the state does not get a murder 1 indictment they can go back and present their case with a murder 2 charge.

Gotcha.  This is what I had thought.  Thanks, CC.

I was under the impression that GJ's hear things other than capital crimes... but that ALL capital crimes had to go before a GJ, whereas other felonies CAN go before a GJ, but do not have to? 
Garden Gnome
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1326 on: October 13, 2008, 02:17:23 PM »

I was on a grand jury many years ago, when I lived in Tennessee.  The State would present us the case evidence and then ask us to serve and indictment.  We had the ability to accept the State's charges or we could "offer" the State an indictment on a lesser charge...i.e. manslaughter instead of murder.  Of course, the State didn't have to accept that charge and could try later for murder. 

I downloaded the link from invision (I think) and found this:

Our constitution provides that no person shall be brought to trial for a capital crime except upon indictment of a grand jury. This means that no one may be prosecuted for a capital crime except by a vote of the grand jury. Except for capital crimes, the state attorney (or the statewide prosecutor) may initiate all other criminal charges. The grand jury of course may indict for any crime that the evidence justifies.

This was from the Florida Grand Jury Handbook - link on last page, I think.

Every now and then soft as breath upon my skin, I feel you come back again....and I believe.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1327 on: October 13, 2008, 02:18:29 PM »

KC's JURY HAS BEEN PICKED

NANCY GRACE
State Will Seek Homicide Charges Against Missing Toddler`s Mother
Aired October 9, 2008 - 20:00:00   ET

GRACE: Straight out to Jessica D`Onofrio with WKMG, who broke the news that this case is headed to a secret grand jury, likely on Tuesday. Jessica, what more can you tell us?

JESSICA D`ONOFRIO, WKMG: Well, Nancy, we do know that that is going happen on Tuesday. This case is going to go to a grand jury. They will hear it. It`ll be the last case that this grand jury hears before they dissolve.

I know that family is going to be subpoenaed. They will testify. We`re talking about George and Cindy Anthony, Casey`s parents, being called to testify in front of that grand jury. And the more and more I talk about it with people I know who are very close to this case, it`s looking more and more like they are going go for a murder case here instead of a manslaughter case. The idea being, why not go for all of it and then get manslaughter or something lesser later.

But you know, I think that people really need to know that this investigation -- they have hair samples, air samples. They have cadaver dogs alerting to the trunk of Casey Anthony`s car that there was a decomposing body there. And you know, they have a lot more evidence that we don`t know about, particularly involving motive here.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0810/09/ng.01.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
stayhomemommy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1328 on: October 13, 2008, 02:20:31 PM »

Hi all monkeys! Kinda in a rush today. Could someone please give me an update? What's up with TM and TES? And did the judge say Casey can search? Thanks so much!
stayhomemommy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1329 on: October 13, 2008, 02:21:25 PM »

Dumbsh*ts.

They're not even smart enough to PRETEND to believe she's still alive.   

Flossy ~  Are you agreeing with the above bolded comment?  As a poster I object to this.  ADD and OCD do not equal reverse thinking.

I agree with you, Muffy.
jr
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1330 on: October 13, 2008, 02:22:27 PM »

KC's JURY HAS BEEN PICKED

NANCY GRACE
State Will Seek Homicide Charges Against Missing Toddler`s Mother
Aired October 9, 2008 - 20:00:00   ET

GRACE: Straight out to Jessica D`Onofrio with WKMG, who broke the news that this case is headed to a secret grand jury, likely on Tuesday. Jessica, what more can you tell us?

JESSICA D`ONOFRIO, WKMG: Well, Nancy, we do know that that is going happen on Tuesday. This case is going to go to a grand jury. They will hear it. It`ll be the last case that this grand jury hears before they dissolve.

I know that family is going to be subpoenaed. They will testify. We`re talking about George and Cindy Anthony, Casey`s parents, being called to testify in front of that grand jury. And the more and more I talk about it with people I know who are very close to this case, it`s looking more and more like they are going go for a murder case here instead of a manslaughter case. The idea being, why not go for all of it and then get manslaughter or something lesser later.

But you know, I think that people really need to know that this investigation -- they have hair samples, air samples. They have cadaver dogs alerting to the trunk of Casey Anthony`s car that there was a decomposing body there. And you know, they have a lot more evidence that we don`t know about, particularly involving motive here.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0810/09/ng.01.html

It was a joke....................pic of 12 monkeys. I guess I did something wrong if you didn't see the pic. Sorry
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1331 on: October 13, 2008, 02:22:36 PM »

Hi all monkeys! Kinda in a rush today. Could someone please give me an update? What's up with TM and TES? And did the judge say Casey can search? Thanks so much!
The judge's decision will not be forthcoming today.
Waiting to hear confirmation from Tim or Red re search.
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1332 on: October 13, 2008, 02:22:48 PM »

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
stayhomemommy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1333 on: October 13, 2008, 02:24:05 PM »

The judge's decision will not be forthcoming today.
Waiting to hear confirmation from Tim or Red re search.

Thanks can!!! Very much appreciated!!
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1334 on: October 13, 2008, 02:24:28 PM »

ty Sharon
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #1335 on: October 13, 2008, 02:24:34 PM »

ok, have a question that has been bothering me for some time. The trash bag recovered from the towyard dumpster -- Would there be maggots on old pizza? The only time I've ever seen maggots in the trash is when I threw out raw meat and it sat in the bag in the heat for a few days. Curious and not able to find a definitive answer through Web searching.
Someone did a study by placeing a pizza in the trunk of a car for days..The pizza turned hard and no smell from it..I do not believe it would either..Monkey's have posted proof on maggotts from finding on the internet a few threads back... if you want to search they may be helpful

Thanks. I think the maggots were in the bag from the trunk clean-up and possibly a fraction of the remains were in the bag also. And that may be one of the cards LE is holding for GJ and trial.

goodnmad~ here is the link to the article I posted yesterday about the bugs
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=3672.msg495412#msg495412

Hey, monkey deep. I read the info and have a follow-up question: If there is no ground for the maggots to burrow into -- i.e. the trunk of the car or thre garbage bag - the maggots still become flies right? How long would that take? It is my understanding that there were live maggots in that trashbag. Sorry if this has already been answered. I've been a bad monkey!

I am not sure how long it takes for them to become flys I thought it said something about 14 days or so? I will ahve to read some more on that. But it was my conclusion that if she were in the back yard long enough for maggots to apprear, there would be evidence in the back yard, so I am guessing she was not in back there for too too long! And they thought of her being in the trunk for so long is correct IMO.

I agree with you about the backyard and actually did not realize that the process started so quickly. I also think that the body was in the trunk for some time. Just wondering if the maggots were not flies yet what would that mean as far as timing. Hmm. I'll dig around some more. The other really horrible thought I'm having is that if Caylee was in that trunk for a week or more what condition would her remains have been in? There would have been a big mess and lots of evidence to clean up and plenty of evidence left behind. Or maybe Casey had the body in there and saw it was decomposing rapidly and put it in a plastic container, thus containing the mess but leaving behind crucial evidence. I guess we'll know more soon enough ...

I remember you, Caylee.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1336 on: October 13, 2008, 02:25:13 PM »

Thank you stayhomemommy. 

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1337 on: October 13, 2008, 02:25:29 PM »

You're welcome stayhomemom!
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #1338 on: October 13, 2008, 02:27:46 PM »

It was a joke....................pic of 12 monkeys. I guess I did something wrong if you didn't see the pic. Sorry

Casey would receive the death penalty if 12 monkeys were her jury. Acutally, I'd want to know what she truly wanted -- to live or to die, then I'd vote for the opposite.

I remember you, Caylee.
stayhomemommy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1339 on: October 13, 2008, 02:28:36 PM »

Thank you stayhomemommy. 

You're welcome. And just for the record, I know that OCD doesn't mean backwards thinking. My father-in-law is genuine OCD (yes, diagnosed by a doc and being treated) and he is by no means a backwards thinker. He is super-intelligent, and a nice man.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.