April 26, 2024, 06:08:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #43  (Read 427610 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #480 on: October 14, 2008, 06:53:54 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-casey-anthony-grand-jury-indicts-101308,0,4151769,print.story

Grand jury indicts Casey Anthony for murder of daughter Caylee Marie

Sarah Lundy, Bianca Prieto and Amy L. Edwards

Sentinel Staff Writers

5:33 PM EDT, October 14, 2008

Casey Anthony was indicted today on seven charges in the disappearance of her missing daughter, Caylee Marie Anthony, including first-degree murder.

She also was charged with:

One count aggravated child abuse
One count aggravated manslaughter of a child
Four counts of providing false info to a law enforcement officer

The decision came after an Orange County grand jury heard more than six hours of testimony from a half-dozen witnesses, including Anthony's father, George Anthony, and sheriff's Detective Yuri Melich, who is heading up the investigation.

Jurors completed their work at the Orange County Courthouse at mid-afternoon. Chief Judge Belvin Perry, who presided over the proceeding, received the indictment shortly before 4 p.m. today but ordered it sealed until Anthony was arrested.

The young mother, who spent much of the day at her lawyer's office in Kissimmee, was on the road shortly before 5 p.m. when Orange County deputy sheriffs stopped the vehicle in which she was riding on the Beachline Expressway.

She was taken to the Sheriff's Office command center in Orlando and was expected to be taken to the Orange County Jail sometime this evening.

Caylee Marie's body has not been found, but the indictment indicates that prosecutors believe they can prove at trial that her mother killed her. The first-degree murder charge carries a possible death penalty if she is convicted.

"The investigation contains intricate forensics that are on the cutting edge of science," State Attorney Lawson Lamar said after the indictment was unsealed. "We are used to complex forensics and are ready to manage this evidence at trial."

To win a grand jury indictment, prosecutors had to demonstrate only probable cause that Anthony committed the crime. Proving a case beyond a reasonable doubt is the standard for a criminal trial.

Anthony, 22, has been the main suspect for months in the disappearance of her daughter, who was reported missing July 15. The mother told detectives that she last saw Caylee in mid-June when she left the girl with a baby sitter.

When Anthony returned later, both the child and the baby sitter were gone, she said. Authorities have not been able to find the nanny, and they question whether she exists.

Deputies charged her with child neglect a day after reporting her daughter missing.

They also charged her with providing false information, saying she told lies and directed them to dead-ends. Among the lies, they said, was leading deputies to a vacant apartment she said belonged to the baby sitter and telling them she was an event planner at Universal Studios.

Anthony also is facing several check fraud cases. "The case will not be prosecuted by news release laying out our case to further excite the public," Lamar said. "We will properly do our work in a courtroom setting with a circuit judge presiding to ensure a fair trial for the defendant. Remember that this indictment is not proof of guilt, it is a grand jury finding, an accusation."

Anthony's first appearance will be Wednesday either at 8:30 arm or 1:30 p.m.
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #481 on: October 14, 2008, 06:54:14 PM »

I had no doubt in my heart, that George would make the difficult decision to do the right thing.  I know my first post wasn't very popular, and it was a bit strong (this was rightfully pointed out to me by SM). But if you had a chance to look him in the eyes, and see him not through the eyes of the media, you may have felt the same way about himas I did. I tip my hat to him. He still has a very long road ahead of him, and I wish him the best during these most difficult times.

and you KNOW that because he told you right? chuck, the truth is you have no idea what he did in there... he was forced to testify... I know it, you know it, and everyone else knows it.

let's stop the semantics please.

I sure wish him no harm, but he made his bed. A bed he expected as a police officer others to lie in.

Does anyone have the clip of George in front of the courthouse this morning?  I need to see for myself what George said and how he acted.  Sorry, but I can almost hear him saying "I invoke my 4th (I think 4th) amendment right".  That would be answering all the questions.  But I will withhold judgment until I see it myself.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
TOY
Scared Monkey

« Reply #482 on: October 14, 2008, 06:54:33 PM »

Iassen (Lake Vaj guy) just posted this on W/S:

exit13 
Registered User   Join Date: Sep 2008

i guess its over now

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

shes not getting off these charges.

what are you guys gonna do now?

Lisa

Sooooo... I still don't get it.  What does he mean by this?  Who is the "you guys"?

Kiah, this may have already been answered but here's my take...

He was addressing people like us who have been "consumed" with this case and its many twists and turns.  The other posters on the site are the "you guys."  The "what are you going to do now" simply means that now that Casey is in prison for killing Caylee and justice has been served (granted trial is still to come), how is everyone going to fill their time.  I think I understand what he means because of the hours I've spent as a "detective" since the case started!  Now I may have to cook and clean again, etc.
CuriousCat
Monkey Junky Jr.

Our Little Princess

« Reply #483 on: October 14, 2008, 06:54:41 PM »

Although, at this time, it’s not confirmed, a 2nd person of interest is to be picked up and arrested, in the latest developments of this case. No one is sure who the 2nd POI is, whether it’s Lee Anthony or one of the many characters in the Casey Anthony saga. Fox 35 made the announcement, they individual has NOT been named, at this time.

http://thedailybs.com/news/?p=1212

Oh you are kidding me?! I wonder who it is!!????

Paging LA, LA where are you?!?!?!

"The Truth & Ms. Anthony are Strangers" -- Judge Stan Strickland
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #484 on: October 14, 2008, 06:55:07 PM »

Although, at this time, it’s not confirmed, a 2nd person of interest is to be picked up and arrested, in the latest developments of this case. No one is sure who the 2nd POI is, whether it’s Lee Anthony or one of the many characters in the Casey Anthony saga. Fox 35 made the announcement, they individual has NOT been named, at this time.

Wow, wonder who it will be.  I'd bet on Lee. 
mrskub
Monkey Junky

« Reply #485 on: October 14, 2008, 06:55:28 PM »

Audio Of Secret Proceedings Mistakenly Broadcast Outside Courtroom In Anthony Case

POSTED: 5:50 pm EDT October 14, 2008
UPDATED: 6:15 pm EDT October 14, 2008

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Audio of a grand jury's secret proceedings in the nationally-watched case of Casey Anthony was mistakenly sent outside the courtroom and to all media outlets plugged into the courthouse system. IMAGES: Casey Anthony, Baez
VIDEO: Casey Anthony, Attorney Hold News Conference

"I don't know what was listened to or what was heard until the time that it was turned off," Orange County Chief Judge Belven Perry said. "Everyone who may have heard needs to govern themselves accordingly."

Tuesday afternoon, Casey Anthony was accused in the indictment of killing her daughter even though the child's body has not been found.

A grand jury returned charges of first-degree murder, aggravated child abuse, aggravated manslaughter and four counts of lying to investigators against Casey Anthony in the death of her daughter, Caylee, State Attorney Lawson Lamar said.

However, before the indictment, Local 6 crews realized that audio from the grand jury's secret meeting on the 23rd floor of the Orange County courthouse was being piped out of the building.

Court officers and the state attorney's office were immediately notified of the breach.

After a flurry of activity that could be witnessed outside the grand jury room, the audio feed was cut off and proceedings were suspended.

Perry said court administration was to blame for the mistake. He said the state attorney's office had nothing to do with the mistake.

Casey Anthony's attorney, Jose Baez was notified of the breach.

"This should have been a secret proceeding," Baez said. "There is so much that should not have been leaked and has. It is making a joke of the whole situation. It is a sad day for justice."

Baez said he is researching whether the breach could impact the murder indictment.

Perry warned anyone who heard anything that they should not reveal what they learned under threat of contempt of court.

It is not known if the breach could jeopardize the state's case against Casey Anthony but the state attorney said he does not think it will have an impact on the indictment.

http://www.local6.com/news/17715337/detail.html

"The cure to crime shouldn't end in the electric chair, it should start in the high chair"
Kristin
Monkey Junky

« Reply #486 on: October 14, 2008, 06:55:29 PM »

Maybe she is talking!!!!

Caylee deserves that much Casey has  ruined her entire families lives, She owes it to everyone to allow Caylee to have a proper burial and to be laid to rest and offer everyone closure
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #487 on: October 14, 2008, 06:55:36 PM »

I had no doubt in my heart, that George would make the difficult decision to do the right thing.  I know my first post wasn't very popular, and it was a bit strong (this was rightfully pointed out to me by SM). But if you had a chance to look him in the eyes, and see him not through the eyes of the media, you may have felt the same way about himas I did. I tip my hat to him. He still has a very long road ahead of him, and I wish him the best during these most difficult times.

and you KNOW that because he told you right? chuck, the truth is you have no idea what he did in there... he was forced to testify... I know it, you know it, and everyone else knows it.

At the end of the day Rob.....your opinion weighs no more than mine, or anyone esles here for that matter. And the TRUTH is...you have no idea what he did in there...either!

At the end of the day Rob.....your opinion weighs no more than mine, or anyone esles here for that matter. And the TRUTH is...you have no idea what he did in there...either!

Stop the "semantics" please??? You're not in much of a position to tell me to stop anything. True??

true, I'll just never take anything you say at face value. No worries. I never claimed to know what he did in there Chuck as you implied you said he did the right thing.

I had no doubt in my heart, that George would make the difficult decision to do the right thing.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
monkeemama
Scared Monkey

Mama's Little Monkees!

« Reply #488 on: October 14, 2008, 06:55:46 PM »

I doubt George is at the house. Looks like Lee might be though....
http://media.myfoxorlando.com/live/mobilecam.html

That looks like an acura or an oldsmobile to me... Lee drives a mustang, right?

Also, is that live?  Seems pretty light out for 6:30 pm?

I do not believe that is Lee, as it was reported on the 5:00 news earlier this evening on channel 35 that there was an unidentified woman sitting in that car in the driveway. Supposedly she went up to the door, knocked, and returned to her car when Cindy (who was inside at the time) didn't answer. Also, when the reporter asked her who she was, if she was FAMILY, she just nodded and got back in the car and was still sitting there as it was being reported.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #489 on: October 14, 2008, 06:55:49 PM »

The car at the house
http://media.myfoxorlando.com/live/mobilecam.html

and the car in this video...
http://www.wftv.com/video/17715611/index.html

same car?

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #490 on: October 14, 2008, 06:55:49 PM »

Thank you, mrskub!

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #491 on: October 14, 2008, 06:56:18 PM »

Audio Of Secret Proceedings Mistakenly Broadcast Outside Courtroom In Anthony Case
Casey Anthony Indicted On First-Degree Murder Charge, Arrested

POSTED: 5:50 pm EDT October 14, 2008
UPDATED: 6:15 pm EDT October 14, 2008

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Audio of a grand jury's secret proceedings in the nationally-watched case of Casey Anthony was mistakenly sent outside the courtroom and to all media outlets plugged into the courthouse system.

Tuesday afternoon, Casey Anthony was accused in the indictment of killing her daughter even though the child's body has not been found.

A grand jury returned charges of first-degree murder, aggravated child abuse, aggravated manslaughter and four counts of lying to investigators against Casey Anthony in the death of her daughter, Caylee, State Attorney Lawson Lamar said.

However, before the indictment, Local 6 crews realized that audio from the grand jury's secret meeting on the 23rd floor of the Orange County courthouse was being piped out of the building.

Court officers and the state attorney's office were immediately notified of the breach.

After a flurry of activity that could be witnessed outside the grand jury room, the audio feed was cut off and proceedings were suspended.

Perry said court administration was to blame for the mistake. He said the state attorney's office had nothing to do with the mistake.

Casey Anthony's attorney, Jose Baez was notified of the breach.

"This should have been a secret proceeding," Baez said. "There is so much that should not have been leaked and has. It is making a joke of the whole situation. It is a sad day for justice."

Baez said he is researching whether the breach could impact the murder indictment

Perry warned anyone who heard anything that they should not reveal what they learned under threat of contempt of court.

It is not known if the breach could jeopardize the state's case against Casey Anthony but the state attorney said he does not think it will have an impact on the indictment.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #492 on: October 14, 2008, 06:56:26 PM »

I sure wish him no harm, but he made his bed. A bed he expected as a police officer others to lie in.

Does anyone have the clip of George in front of the courthouse this morning?  I need to see for myself what George said and how he acted.  Sorry, but I can almost hear him saying "I invoke my 4th (I think 4th) amendment right".  That would be answering all the questions.  But I will withhold judgment until I see it myself.

Blue Moon - here's the video

http://www.wftv.com/video/17710722/index.html
Orchidwmn
Monkey Junky Jr.

What is it? A cat? WTH is that?

« Reply #493 on: October 14, 2008, 06:56:57 PM »

Oh crap, audio breach from GJ today....

littleone
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #494 on: October 14, 2008, 06:57:15 PM »

Oh you are kidding me?! I wonder who it is!!????

Or Cindy 

Paging LA, LA where are you?!?!?!

Warning: NEVER~and I mean NEVER try to keep a secret from Rob. He is SNOOPY and will find it in 30 seconds. (Someone could/should have told me)
pinklady
Scared Monkey

« Reply #495 on: October 14, 2008, 06:57:19 PM »

OMG....there are not enough hours in the day for all of the developments coming out today.  2nd POI?  Oooooh, Man!  I hope NG is up to the minute on everything and we're not going to hear only a rehashing of everything.
OpenMind4U
Scared Monkey

« Reply #496 on: October 14, 2008, 06:57:30 PM »

Video

Casey arrives at Sheriffs office

Did she change her pants?! She has jeans now....lol....such a fashionable lady....

...the peRRRRfect mind should be RRRRReused!!!!...RRRRRRachel
TOY
Scared Monkey

« Reply #497 on: October 14, 2008, 06:58:07 PM »

Premeditated murder.  Chloroform found not just in the car but near the pool.  In a very pure form.   Her own father telling how she raced past him to get to the car because she did not want him looking in the trunk. 

Was the chloroform was found in a  container in those two places?  Or was chloroform identified as part of an air sample?. 

Air sample as I understood.  My husband is a retired environmentalist and I literally got nearly a half hour "tutorial" on that last night.  He used to take air samples in investigative instances, etc.  Besides that...I don't remember the rest of the lesson.
pinklady
Scared Monkey

« Reply #498 on: October 14, 2008, 06:58:47 PM »

OMG....there are not enough hours in the day for all of the developments coming out today.  2nd POI?  Oooooh, Man!  I hope NG is up to the minute on everything and we're not going to hear only a rehashing of everything.

But then again, so much going on today, a rehashing might be what we need to make sure we didn't miss anything!  (Am I allowed to quote off my own posts, lol?)
Orchidwmn
Monkey Junky Jr.

What is it? A cat? WTH is that?

« Reply #499 on: October 14, 2008, 06:58:57 PM »

Video

Casey arrives at Sheriffs office

Did she change her pants?! She has jeans now....lol....such a fashionable lady....

Maybe she crapped the other ones.........
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.