March 28, 2024, 09:44:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #44  (Read 367509 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1160 on: October 15, 2008, 10:39:41 PM »

Casey Anthony makes first appearance 
Last Edited: Wednesday, 15 Oct 2008, 9:20 PM EDT 
Created: Wednesday, 15 Oct 2008, 4:44 AM EDT

George Anthony speaks

Casey Anthony's father, George, says he has full confidence in attorney Jose Baez and Casey Anthony won't be defending herself. George spoke outside his home just hours before his daughter's scheduled first appearance.

He said he won't give up hope that Caylee Marie is still alive. He says even though Casey has been charged with murder, it doesn't mean those charges are true.

"This three year old little girl was never harmed by my daughter. My daughter would not do that to her, in my heart she's a good mother. This has taken a toll on my family. It's very emotional, you guys would do the same thing if it happened to you or your family."

George says they have been crying and broken up about the situation. He last talked to Casey before going before a Grand Jury. He said he told her he loved her and believed her. He doesn't think his statements to the Grand Jury made a difference.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=7648114&version=27&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

Exclusive Interview with George Anthony 
Last Edited: Wednesday, 15 Oct 2008, 9:11 PM EDT 
Created: Wednesday, 15 Oct 2008, 9:11 PM EDT

SEMINOLE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35, Orlando) -- George Anthony, the grandfather of missing toddler Caylee Anthony, took time out Wednesday to give an exclusive interview to Fox 35 reporter Holly Bristow.

Among the things he spoke about Anthony talked about the hour and twenty minutes he spent testifying before a grand jury Tuesday, the grand jury that indicted his 22 year old daughter, Casey Anthony, on a murder charge.

"That was the hardest thing for me to do,” Anthony said. “And, I've been through some tough things in my life.  That was the hardest thing I've had to do.”

Although legally Anthony can't say specifically what he was asked, he did give a hint. 

"I talked about me being George Anthony on Hopespring Drive and his family" said Anthony

And while he couldn’t revel the specifics of his testimony, he insisted that he felt he said nothing that could be used against his daughter. 

"Absolutely not, it’s all been out there, it’s all been reported," said Anthony.  "I had nothing to hide (My) heart wide open and answered questions to the best of my ability, tough things to answer."

Anthony admitted he had a rough time making it through the questioning.

"I broke down yesterday five times that I can remember,” he said.  “I broke down and it was hard to be composed." 

Afterwards his attorney, Mark NeJame asked him if he wanted to make a comment to the media on his way out of court. Anthony said emotionally he wasn’t capable of doing it.

So, why does George think he was the only member of his family asked to testify?  He has his theories.

"I think maybe past experience I’ve had," said Anthony, referring to the ten years he spent as a homicide detective in Ohio.  He said that's the same experience that makes him not believe what was presented to the grand jury. 

"To say they have certain things. I really can’t discuss what say what they have it I’ve asked them to prove it.  They can't" said George.

Anthony said because of that doubt and because of what his gut is telling him, he will continue to search for his granddaughter.  Anthony said he's confident little Caylee is alive and that she will be found.   

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail;jsessionid=4E9676818BADD0B6877BE95EE4E9465B?contentId=7654719&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1&sflg=1

Video:
Full interview with George Anthony

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/MyFox/pages/sidebar_video.jsp?contentId=7653911&version=1&locale=EN-US

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
jmagic
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1161 on: October 15, 2008, 10:41:36 PM »

SCHEW .... just got caught up reading ... I have a thought/question .... Is it possible that "Chuck" is Rev Grund ... in disguise?   ::MonkeyShocked:

IDK, but now I'm wondering.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1162 on: October 15, 2008, 10:42:07 PM »

Hi Kimber and welcome to Scared Monkeys    

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #1163 on: October 15, 2008, 10:42:36 PM »

But I will not sit here and pretend what they are doing is a-okay. It is not. Someone has to speak for Caylee and IMO NOT ONE Anthony is doing so.

Bring Caylee home.

I'm not one for understanding legal things (see I call them things  )
but I wonder why the courts haven't appointed a guardian en lightum (sp) sorry for the spelling, I've heard the term and understand it's meaning but it's all "legal things" to me

I am not sure of the legal term either. But in a very real sense the law enforcement on this case, the state's atty's office and many many others are speaking for Caylee. That is why they do what they do and they have gained my sincere admiration.

I remember you, Caylee.
KiahJ
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1164 on: October 15, 2008, 10:42:50 PM »

So I just watched Cindy's Today Show appearance again, and Cindy has more makeup on than I have seen on her thus far (and are those fake eyelashes?)

Yet... with all that makeup... you can still totally see that she has a huge gash or bruise or something on her nose.  (I know it is hard to focus on anything other than her eyebrows)

What in the world happened to her nose?  Did she walk into a wall?
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1165 on: October 15, 2008, 10:44:36 PM »

seasearcher~  wasn't there discussion previously about guardianship for Caylee?  It seems to me there was. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1166 on: October 15, 2008, 10:44:55 PM »

Yesterday, Casey switched cars after her mother pulled off the highway. Casey got out and got into an SUV. Baez says it was a bail bondsman who was going to turn Casey in and the exchange was planned.

However, the State Attorney's office did not return a call saying it was planned. George believes the switch took place for safety reasons. He says the family has been getting death threats. Deputies say Casey did not turn herself in. They arrested her after getting into the SUV.

While George talked to reporters outside their home, Cindy was talking to the national media.

Meanwhile George says he's going to drive his mobile billboard around letting everyone know that Caylee is still alive and to look for her. He says he plans to talk to neighbors and ask them not to give up hope.They're asking the public for their help in finding Caylee.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=7648114&version=27&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1167 on: October 15, 2008, 10:45:02 PM »

SCHEW .... just got caught up reading ... I have a thought/question .... Is it possible that "Chuck" is Rev Grund ... in disguise?   ::MonkeyShocked:

I don't believe so, that is not how Chuck presented himself.  I really don't think so.
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1168 on: October 15, 2008, 10:45:24 PM »

George Anthony speaks

Casey Anthony's father, George, says he has full confidence in attorney Jose Baez and Casey Anthony won't be defending herself. George spoke outside his home just hours before his daughter's scheduled first appearance.

He said he won't give up hope that Caylee Marie is still alive. He says even though Casey has been charged with murder, it doesn't mean those charges are true.

"This three year old little girl was never harmed by my daughter. My daughter would not do that to her, in my heart she's a good mother. This has taken a toll on my family. It's very emotional, you guys would do the same thing if it happened to you or your family."

SNIP

Yes, in your heart you wish she had been a good mother. But she wasn't.

I am wishing the same thing. But it's only wishing.

I remember you, Caylee.
Mtnmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1169 on: October 15, 2008, 10:45:26 PM »

1987 Case Proves Conviction Without Body Possible
State Attorney Says It's Possible If Evidence Is There

POSTED: 6:55 pm EDT October 15, 2008
UPDATED: 7:39 pm EDT October 15, 2008
LAKE MARY, Fla. -- No body, no crime used to be the theory in criminal court.

But now Casey Anthony's indicted in connection with the disappearance of her daughter Caylee -- even though the Anthony family insists Caylee is alive.

Can anyone be convicted of murder without a dead body?
In the case of Anton Meyers, prosecutors were able to seal the deal without a body.

Meyers was indicted a full six years after Kathy Engels, 14, vanished.

Meyers said he had seen Engels at a Lake Mary convenience store in 1987, but that was it.

His attorney questioned how his client could even be accused of stabbing Engels to death.

"If a person does contest that someone is dead, can you even move forward absent a body?" Meyer's attorney Ed Leinster asked.

Meyers was not only convicted, he was sentenced to death.

State Attorney Norm Wolfinger made the final grand jury call.

"You can successfully prosecute without a body. Most people to this day don't think you can," Wolfinger said.

Meyers had been in jail for something else when he started talking with other inmates.

Those inmates were key witnesses, along with scratches on Meyers back, a shoeprint on his chest the day he was first questioned.

"We felt the evidence was there. The question comes, 'Are you going to convict?' We felt we could," Wolfinger said.

Shortly after Meyers was set to death row, he said he was ready to deal. He would help the state find Engels. He brought them to an still undeveloped area on Lake Mary Boulevard and took them to the exact spot.

With the body finally found, Meyers left death row and is now in prison for life.

http://www.wesh.com/news/17724584/detail.html
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1170 on: October 15, 2008, 10:45:59 PM »

Evening Monkeys.  Lots of jumpin and swingin going on tonight.  I find George's behavior and statements quite contradictory.  I'm wondering at the reasons for that.  For example, he seemed quite heartbroken and somber before his GJ testimony, and stated he broke down five times during his testimony.  Today, he's proclaiming his granddaughter alive and he's searching for her.  If he believes she's alive and he's looking for her, then why the heartbroken and somber act before his testimony?  Why would he, in his own words, break down five times if he believes Caylee is alive?  This overnight change of attitude and words is very strange.

BRING NATALEE HOME
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1171 on: October 15, 2008, 10:46:12 PM »

So I just watched Cindy's Today Show appearance again, and Cindy has more makeup on than I have seen on her thus far (and are those fake eyelashes?)

Yet... with all that makeup... you can still totally see that she has a huge gash or bruise or something on her nose.  (I know it is hard to focus on anything other than her eyebrows)

I don't know Kiahj.  I didn't see the gash or bruise, but then, I wasn't looking closely.

Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

January 8th, 1935 On this day, a King was born !

« Reply #1172 on: October 15, 2008, 10:46:41 PM »

Hi Monkeys!
  I've been here lurking since almost the beginning of this case, I've never been drawn to a case like this before, but I am consumed with this one.
WELCOME Kimber 

Ditto...I think it's because I have 2 little girls, 2yrs & 5 yrs (Caylee would have fit right in here) and as a parent, I can't come close to comprehending this woman's (I use that term loosely) behavior. It takes a lot to bring me to tears, and this has sure done it many times 

Again WELCOME !

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1173 on: October 15, 2008, 10:47:39 PM »

Evening Monkeys.  Lots of jumpin and swingin going on tonight.  I find George's behavior and statements quite contradictory.  I'm wondering at the reasons for that.  For example, he seemed quite heartbroken and somber before his GJ testimony, and stated he broke down five times during his testimony.  Today, he's proclaiming his granddaughter alive and he's searching for her.  If he believes she's alive and he's looking for her, then why the heartbroken and somber act before his testimony?  Why would he, in his own words, break down five times if he believes Caylee is alive?  This overnight change of attitude and words is very strange.

Yes, it is strange, isn't it, AZLady. 

AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1174 on: October 15, 2008, 10:47:39 PM »

But I will not sit here and pretend what they are doing is a-okay. It is not. Someone has to speak for Caylee and IMO NOT ONE Anthony is doing so.

Bring Caylee home.

I'm not one for understanding legal things (see I call them things  )
but I wonder why the courts haven't appointed a guardian en lightum (sp) sorry for the spelling, I've heard the term and understand it's meaning but it's all "legal things" to me

I am not sure of the legal term either. But in a very real sense the law enforcement on this case, the state's atty's office and many many others are speaking for Caylee. That is why they do what they do and they have gained my sincere admiration.
The court will appoint a guardian ad litem for a live child.  This is not done if the child is presumed dead.

BRING NATALEE HOME
CuriousCat
Monkey Junky Jr.

Our Little Princess

« Reply #1175 on: October 15, 2008, 10:49:05 PM »

I noticed that too. I could speculate and be a mean monkey but I will keep it to myself! Smile

"The Truth & Ms. Anthony are Strangers" -- Judge Stan Strickland
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1176 on: October 15, 2008, 10:49:26 PM »

George Anthony talks about his last time seeing Casey
Georoge talks for first time since daughter's indictment

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/MyFox/pages/sidebar_video.jsp?contentId=7648812&version=1&locale=EN-US

VIDEOS RELATED TO GRAND JURY INDICTMENT

VIDEO: Casey Anthony timeline
VIDEO: State Attorney and Orange County Sheriff speak to the media
VIDEO: How Casey Anthony was taken into custody
VIDEO: Casey Anthony leaves Orange Co. Sheriffs office to head to jail
VIDEO: Casey Anthony arrives at Orange County jail
VIDEO: --What went on in the grand jury?
VIDEO: --Orange County sheriff says search for Caylee will continue
EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Casey Anthony handed over to authorities
VIDEO: Grand Jury hands down indictment
VIDEO: --State Attorney and Orange County Sheriff speak to the media
VIDEO: --Casey Anthony indicted for murder
VIDEO: - Protesters show up at Anthony home
VIDEO: -- Breaking down the charges
VIDEO: --Jail prepares for her arrival

_____

littleone
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1177 on: October 15, 2008, 10:49:31 PM »

Chuck-
You certainly have a right to your opinion-and so do i.  The ONLY thing the Anthony's have done "right" is call 911.  After that point -they went into cover up and lie mode. They have destroyed valuable evidence, they have lied to law enforcement, they have treated Mr. Miller VERY badly and Cindy even had the balls to say that this mans organization stole "a jar of her money"!! This SAME man -has spent $45,000 dollars on the search for Caylee. Now Chuck, since you are such great friends with George-you tell me -just how much have the Anthony's spent of THEIR money on THEIR search?!  The Anthony's swear up and down that Caylee is ALIVE..but in the next breath they sign the papers to Caylee's trust fund saying that money can be used to bury her. Now which is is?!! Is Caylee alive or is she dead?!
Cindy claimed that she was going to knock  on every door in the US to find Caylee and George claims that he is searching 24/7. The ONLY thing i have seen them do-is take money from public for a "search" for Caylee. When do they plan on searching for Caylee? 121 days Chuck-121 -when do Cindy and George plan on leaving Orlando to go and search alll of these places?!
George and Cindy should pay for hindering the investigation to find Caylee.
I could go on-i won't
~just my opinion.

Warning: NEVER~and I mean NEVER try to keep a secret from Rob. He is SNOOPY and will find it in 30 seconds. (Someone could/should have told me)
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1178 on: October 15, 2008, 10:49:32 PM »

I don't believe so, that is not how Chuck presented himself.  I really don't think so.

The Rev has a distinctive writing (prose) style. IMO it would be difficult to mask such a thing. Now, if there are similarities in phrasing, etc. then I would be suspicious.

I remember you, Caylee.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1179 on: October 15, 2008, 10:51:53 PM »

No doubt! I agree.
If he TRULY thought Caylee was alive, he would have been angry as hell YESTERDAY -- not somber and crying like a baby.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.