April 23, 2024, 06:06:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #44  (Read 370455 times)
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1460 on: October 16, 2008, 09:24:06 AM »

Heres another article about convictions without a body.

Law experts: Fla. conviction possible without body

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081016/ap_on_re_us/missing_florida_girl_33

I'm REALLY behind with this Annie person. Can somone fill me in please. I know she was/is Casey's friend , something about Xanex, Umm what's that all about? And how come she's not being questioned?

Some think Annie was Casey's xanax contact. Annie was interviewed by LE but her statement has not been released. She also lived at Sawgrass with her boyfriend, Dante, around the same time. Very suspicious!

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
stayhomemommy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1461 on: October 16, 2008, 09:24:30 AM »

Morning Monkeys!

Was just reading another blog in reference to Jose Baez not being qualified to handle a death penalty case. A local atty posted the following:

I have a lot of questions about Jose Baez’s ethics and judgment in this case.

He’s been making wild accusations all week that the state attorney’s office is just picking on his client for political purposes. Maybe if he had actually completed his required CLE (continuing legal education), he would know the ethics rule that states that it’s a grievable offense for an attorney to disparage another attorney without good faith belief/proof.

It’s highly troubling that Baez is apparently a big fundraiser for Mercedes Leon, Lawson Lamar’s opponent for the state attorney’s race. Leon is another inexperienced criminal defense attorney down in Kissimmee. In her Sentinel interview, Leon called Baez “a friend,” and failed to see any conflict at all with the fact that he had given her so much money and she had been commenting regularly on the Casey Anthony case.

She’s also made a lot of soft-on-crime comments in the speeches I’ve seen her give (look up her Sentinel interview), i.e., that she dislikes convicting people, thinks all first offender misdemeanors should get pre-trial diversion, etc.

Leon has never been a prosecutor, and even as a criminal defense attorney, she’s never handled this level of case - let’s all thank God that she’s not actually the state attorney right now! Who knows if she could have handled even just the forensic evidence issues?

For Jose Baez to give so much money to Lamar’s opponent, actively work to unseat the current state attorney, and then have his PR firm send out those vicious and inflammatory press releases accusing the prosecutors of indicting Ms. Anthony only for political gain, is despicable and, as a fellow member of the Florida bar, I sincerely hope that the Bar Grievance Committee starts an investigation.

Wow! That is interesting. Thanks for posting it! I wonder, if he isn't qualified, would he be forced to step-aside, or can Casey say she wants him anyway?
stayhomemommy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1462 on: October 16, 2008, 09:26:24 AM »

I'm REALLY behind with this Annie person. Can somone fill me in please. I know she was/is Casey's friend , something about Xanex, Umm what's that all about? And how come she's not being questioned?

Some think Annie was Casey's xanax contact. Annie was interviewed by LE but her statement has not been released. She also lived at Sawgrass with her boyfriend, Dante, around the same time. Very suspicious!

There must be something important in her statement. I admit I wish I knew what.
Steel Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

KOT

« Reply #1463 on: October 16, 2008, 09:26:50 AM »

[/quote]

It is my understanding that LE has not and will not release any information that is still under investigation and/or is critical to the prosecution of this case.  Rest assured that Annie has been questioned and she has some very damning evidence for the conviction.  It will come out when LE has to release all they have to the defense.
CuriousCat
Monkey Junky Jr.

Our Little Princess

« Reply #1464 on: October 16, 2008, 09:28:12 AM »

Pic of Annie wearing the hat found in the Anthony's garbage...

"The Truth & Ms. Anthony are Strangers" -- Judge Stan Strickland
mammy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1465 on: October 16, 2008, 09:28:19 AM »

Morning Monkeys!

Was just reading another blog in reference to Jose Baez not being qualified to handle a death penalty case. A local atty posted the following:

He’s been making wild accusations all week that the state attorney’s office is just picking on his client for political purposes. Maybe if he had actually completed his required CLE (continuing legal education), he would know the ethics rule that states that it’s a grievable offense for an attorney to disparage another attorney without good faith belief/proof.

It’s highly troubling that Baez is apparently a big fundraiser for Mercedes Leon, Lawson Lamar’s opponent for the state attorney’s race. Leon is another inexperienced criminal defense attorney down in Kissimmee. In her Sentinel interview, Leon called Baez “a friend,” and failed to see any conflict at all with the fact that he had given her so much money and she had been commenting regularly on the Casey Anthony case.

She’s also made a lot of soft-on-crime comments in the speeches I’ve seen her give (look up her Sentinel interview), i.e., that she dislikes convicting people, thinks all first offender misdemeanors should get pre-trial diversion, etc.

Leon has never been a prosecutor, and even as a criminal defense attorney, she’s never handled this level of case - let’s all thank God that she’s not actually the state attorney right now! Who knows if she could have handled even just the forensic evidence issues?

For Jose Baez to give so much money to Lamar’s opponent, actively work to unseat the current state attorney, and then have his PR firm send out those vicious and inflammatory press releases accusing the prosecutors of indicting Ms. Anthony only for political gain, is despicable and, as a fellow member of the Florida bar, I sincerely hope that the Bar Grievance Committee starts an investigation.

Wow! That is interesting. Thanks for posting it! I wonder, if he isn't qualified, would he be forced to step-aside, or can Casey say she wants him anyway?

Baez can be on the team, but not the lead attorney.  Baez does not meet the qualifications in Florida to handle a death penalty case.
CuriousCat
Monkey Junky Jr.

Our Little Princess

« Reply #1466 on: October 16, 2008, 09:29:52 AM »

WESH 2 News has learned that Casey Anthony’s lawyer, Jose Baez, is not qualified to represent his client in a capital murder case.

Within 175 days from her indictment, by Florida law, prosecutors have to try Anthony for first-degree murder. Anthony’s daughter, Caylee, was reported missing in mid-July

The state has strict guidelines for who can and can not represent a capital murder defendant. Legal expert William Shaeffer said Baez does not qualify.

He’s not been a member of the Florida bar for five years, criminal procedure,” Shaeffer said.

According to his spokesman, Baez is well aware of this policy and has assembled a team of legal experts to assist him including an attorney qualified to try a death case.

"The Truth & Ms. Anthony are Strangers" -- Judge Stan Strickland
Steel Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

KOT

« Reply #1467 on: October 16, 2008, 09:30:19 AM »

It has been stated by the Legal mouths that Baez can continue on the case, but only in second chair to a new lead attorney.  Casey seems to think he is doing a good job (per GA), so it is entirely possible that they get a experienced attorney in Capital cases, and tell him to sit down, shut up, and let us lead this parade. 
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1468 on: October 16, 2008, 09:30:53 AM »

Morning Monkeys!

Good Morning Monks!!  Thanks for posting this....interesting post for sure.  I report the Caylee photo to eBay and forward it to Nancy Grace.

Does anyone know who the attorney is that Lee has reportedly hired?  Wondering if the attorney is a Criminal Defense attorney? That might be telling.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1469 on: October 16, 2008, 09:31:35 AM »

Morning Monkeys!

I was surprised last night to learn that Baez has been practicing 3 years & has no capital murder experience. Did I hear that right? And it's sickening how everything always boils down to politics! I thought a high profile attorney form Miami had joined the crew, not sure. 

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1470 on: October 16, 2008, 09:32:39 AM »

Monkeys! The Caylee photo is back up on Ebay. I am complaining to live support this time. She is being rude, but I am being firm with her about copyright violation.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200263713538&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNARL:US:1123

I have complained several times to ebay about this & have also emailed sellers. I will do so again. Apparently they're not getting the message! Thanks, Stayhome!

Yes, Monken! That is why I contacted live support this time. I told her outright, "I have complained about this before and nothing was done. Maybe Ebay doesn't care if it's sellers violate copyrights? Either way, I am complaining again. I don't care if it goes to charity. It's the principle that someone owns the copyright to this photo, and it's not the seller, because I asked him."

She said, "No, I think you're brillant for reporting this." Either she was blowing smoke, or maybe she agrees with us, but didn't know any other way to get it unlisted. Not sure, but I will keep pressing this issue. Thanks for your support!

When reporting it on the pull down, choose prohibited (banned), then on the next Detailed Reason pull down, choose offensive and potentially offense items, then on the last pull down choose, items produced or linked to a tragic events, then in the short description mention that this child's mother is currently in jail awaiting trial for murdering this child.

That's what I did with all previous ebay listings with her being a "missing, possibly dead child" before Casey was charged. That always seemed to work. It usually takes them at least 24 hours to pull.

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1471 on: October 16, 2008, 09:32:52 AM »

I wonder if her statement will be in the next document drop??

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
ck4
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1472 on: October 16, 2008, 09:32:58 AM »

SCHEW .... just got caught up reading ... I have a thought/question .... Is it possible that "Chuck" is Rev Grund ... in disguise?   ::MonkeyShocked:

IMO, no. There would be some sort of a religious tone to the posts, imo. And he would not spell Cindy---Cyndi.

I am 15 pages behind, must read more.

I don't believe for a minute that Chuck is Rev. Grund!  Rev. Grund is a very nice man, IMO.

No. Rev. Grund said on NG some time back he hadn't had any contact with the Anthony's. I highly doubt it's him.

I think Chuck is just who he says he is.  Since GA doesn't seem to have any friends (even his neighbors are "simple minded" now) I believe that Chuck is one of the few people who is listening to him.  I do not necessarily defend what he is posting, but I defend his right to post.

I also think Chuck got the short end of the discussions last night.  IMO, he should be allowed to speak his mind like the rest of us crazy monkeys without having to his thoughts and identity picked apart.

I agree here with you Steel.  I personally like to hear all opinions, (civil opinions) its refreshing for me. Thats what makes a forum, a pleasant forum. Attacking posters for their opinions or feelings is just wrong and very ugly. We are here to discuss and listen. Its not a contest to see how many are agreeing with you.

If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it.
anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1473 on: October 16, 2008, 09:34:19 AM »

Monkeys! The Caylee photo is back up on Ebay. I am complaining to live support this time. She is being rude, but I am being firm with her about copyright violation.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200263713538&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNARL:US:1123

I have complained several times to ebay about this & have also emailed sellers. I will do so again. Apparently they're not getting the message! Thanks, Stayhome!

Not that I expect an answer from the seller, but I asked them if they received expressed, written permission by the Anthony family to sell that picture. I highly doubt it!!  (Not if the Anthonys aren't profitting from it, at least)

Denial- turning people crazy all over the world! 
stayhomemommy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1474 on: October 16, 2008, 09:34:23 AM »

Baez can be on the team, but not the lead attorney.  Baez does not meet the qualifications in Florida to handle a death penalty case.

Thanks Mammy! That makes sense.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1475 on: October 16, 2008, 09:34:24 AM »

Good Night and Good Morning Monkey Family!

OMG...so many New Monkeys to Welcome....Welcome All!!!!

Mulling time for me....been thinking about this for a couple of days......I *feel* that Lee is in the process of negotiation a deal with the prosecution....that Lee has vital info....and that Casey does not know how he will respond to her new predicament of being in jail with no bond...Lee has his own legal representation...I'll try to find out tomorrow for sure whom it might be...I also very strongly *feel* that Caylee....what is left of her...will be found in the next 12 days....Des..

Good morning Destiny.  I asked that very question yesterday, but no responses.  Could Lee's lawyer be in negotiation with prosecution, and is it possible they are making arrangements for Lee to turn himself in to authorities? 
Perhaps you are only referring to Lee "having information" ?  I was thinking along the lines of assisting with the crime, after the fact.
As for Caylee bing found in the next 12 days...I hope so!

My thoughts and care continue for you on your recent loss of one so loved and I know you will miss your Auntie/Mom forever.

Thank you for STILL being here with us and contributing so much!

Can.

Steel Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

KOT

« Reply #1476 on: October 16, 2008, 09:34:33 AM »

Good Morning Monks!!  Thanks for posting this....interesting post for sure.  I report the Caylee photo to eBay and forward it to Nancy Grace.

Does anyone know who the attorney is that Lee has reportedly hired?  Wondering if the attorney is a Criminal Defense attorney? That might be telling.

It is very telling that Baez stood incourt along side this guy, and did not even introduce him to the judge and the court.  Even the legal talking heads on TV didn't know who he was.  He knows that he cannot continue as lead attorney, but refuses to step aside. Good grief!  I hope we don't end up with grounds for re-trial based upon incompetent representation.
mammy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1477 on: October 16, 2008, 09:34:49 AM »

Morning Monkeys!

Des is trying to find out the name of  Lee's attorney.
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1478 on: October 16, 2008, 09:36:07 AM »

Yes, Monken! That is why I contacted live support this time. I told her outright, "I have complained about this before and nothing was done. Maybe Ebay doesn't care if it's sellers violate copyrights? Either way, I am complaining again. I don't care if it goes to charity. It's the principle that someone owns the copyright to this photo, and it's not the seller, because I asked him."

She said, "No, I think you're brillant for reporting this." Either she was blowing smoke, or maybe she agrees with us, but didn't know any other way to get it unlisted. Not sure, but I will keep pressing this issue. Thanks for your support!

When reporting it on the pull down, choose prohibited (banned), then on the next Detailed Reason pull down, choose offensive and potentially offense items, then on the last pull down choose, items produced or linked to a tragic events, then in the short description mention that this child's mother is currently in jail awaiting trial for murdering this child.

That's what I did with all previous ebay listings with her being a "missing, possibly dead child" before Casey was charged. That always seemed to work. It usually takes them at least 24 hours to pull.

Good info, pinkangel & stayhome, Thanks!!

Phaedrus
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1479 on: October 16, 2008, 09:36:20 AM »

WESH 2 News has learned that Casey Anthony’s lawyer, Jose Baez, is not qualified to represent his client in a capital murder case.

Within 175 days from her indictment, by Florida law, prosecutors have to try Anthony for first-degree murder. Anthony’s daughter, Caylee, was reported missing in mid-July

The state has strict guidelines for who can and can not represent a capital murder defendant. Legal expert William Shaeffer said Baez does not qualify.

He’s not been a member of the Florida bar for five years, criminal procedure,” Shaeffer said.

According to his spokesman, Baez is well aware of this policy and has assembled a team of legal experts to assist him including an attorney qualified to try a death case.

I would still love to know who is funding all this????  That little place the Anthony's live in can't begin to have enuf equity or resale value to even begin to pay the legal defense charges so far...and now a team of legal experts?? Including that dumbass Kobe....gggrrrrrrrrre     JMO

Rest in Peace Caylee

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.