April 20, 2024, 08:05:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #44  (Read 370306 times)
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #180 on: October 15, 2008, 12:15:48 PM »

Not sure if anyone answered my question or not....who was the man that showed up in court today with Casey and Baez ? is that her new attorney seeing that Baez isn't able to represent her with these new charges  ?

for those thinking Casey will be representing herself - IT WILL NOT HAPPEN. She must have competent counsel. And Baez does not meet the criteria.

Seeing as there are few capital murder one charges filed each year - there are few attorneys with that type of exposure and experience.

A capital case is very expense and the State makes sure the defendant is properly represented to make sure there is not a mistrial or other issues brought up later. They want it "clean" the first time and all capital convictions have an automatic appeal.

In Casey's case, I believe it will be hard to get a death sentence. A good attorney will plead with the jury to spare the life of Casey and will probably win that avenue. That's not to say I don't think she doesn't fit the criteria because I feel she does.

She is not rehabilitatable. She has no remorse, and will never be a product member of society. Her past actions do not meet the standards in my eyes.

The death penalty is hard to achieve when the defendant is pretty and a woman. It's just a fact. No one wants to put a young person to death and heart strings get pulled. The penalty is there CURRENTLY TO GET HER TO MAKE A DECISION AND HELP HER OWN CAUSE. If Casey cooperates and reveals the location of Caylee, tells what truly happened and how it all happened the State's Attorney will remove the Death Penalty. It IS A BARGAINING CHIP RIGHT NOW.

The State's Attorney also realizes that a DP conviction will be very difficult to achieve, but that's not the point of filing the capital charges right now.

I don't know if she has a new attorney yet, but whoever it will eventually be, that person will be much more competent than Baez.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #181 on: October 15, 2008, 12:16:11 PM »

Last night we were under the impression that another person was soon to be arrested.Do we know anymore about this?

Proverbs 3:5
  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
         and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #182 on: October 15, 2008, 12:18:26 PM »

I do not have grand children yet but you can bet when I do I will be investigating the babysitter myself and will have all the information i need to be sure my grand child is safe.

My two granddaughters do not have a babysitter. My husband & I are the only ones who have ever kept them since birth (they're 3 & 9) other than our close immediate family. I know this is not feasible for alot of people but somehow we make it work. I would not have it any other way! 

Very seldom has my daughter and son-in-law ever had anyone care for their four children (5-10) other than my hubby and I or ... their other loving grandparents or ... immediate family on both sides.  However ... some Moms and/or Dads do not have family support and ... are put in a position of entrusting other with the care of their children.

Cindy and George both were employed and ... throughout this ordeal there does not appear to be extended family support.  IF Casey was employed ... Caylee most likely would have been cared for by somebody outside of the family.  However ... CASEY WAS NOT EMPLOYED!

If Cindy and George were not available to care for Caylee and ... Casey was not employed ... a nanny should have been a non-issue.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
littleone
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #183 on: October 15, 2008, 12:19:27 PM »

Not sure if anyone answered my question or not....who was the man that showed up in court today with Casey and Baez ? is that her new attorney seeing that Baez isn't able to represent her with these new charges  ?

for those thinking Casey will be representing herself - IT WILL NOT HAPPEN. She must have competent counsel. And Baez does not meet the criteria.

Seeing as there are few capital murder one charges filed each year - there are few attorneys with that type of exposure and experience.

A capital case is very expense and the State makes sure the defendant is properly represented to make sure there is not a mistrial or other issues brought up later. They want it "clean" the first time and all capital convictions have an automatic appeal.

In Casey's case, I believe it will be hard to get a death sentence. A good attorney will plead with the jury to spare the life of Casey and will probably win that avenue. That's not to say I don't think she doesn't fit the criteria because I feel she does.

She is not rehabilitatable. She has no remorse, and will never be a product member of society. Her past actions do not meet the standards in my eyes.

The death penalty is hard to achieve when the defendant is pretty and a woman. It's just a fact. No one wants to put a young person to death and heart strings get pulled. The penalty is there CURRENTLY TO GET HER TO MAKE A DECISION AND HELP HER OWN CAUSE. If Casey cooperates and reveals the location of Caylee, tells what truly happened and how it all happened the State's Attorney will remove the Death Penalty. It IS A BARGAINING CHIP RIGHT NOW.

The State's Attorney also realizes that a DP conviction will be very difficult to achieve, but that's not the point of filing the capital charges right now.

I don't know if she has a new attorney yet, but whoever it will eventually be, that person will be much more competent than Baez.

Thanks for brightening my day Rob. I guess Baez will hang on as long as he can -before she gets a "real" attorney!! 

Warning: NEVER~and I mean NEVER try to keep a secret from Rob. He is SNOOPY and will find it in 30 seconds. (Someone could/should have told me)
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #184 on: October 15, 2008, 12:21:48 PM »

I think death is possible but not probable.There was a woman in Texas that put to death a few years ago for murder.She was pretty too and had even become a born again believer over the years while in prison.I remember watching an interview with her and she was at perfect peace knowing that the day was soon to be upon her.I really don't think being pretty has much to do with it..Just my opinion of course..When it's all said and done and we find out,if ever we do,just how henious the crime against Caylee was,we'll see...

Proverbs 3:5
  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
         and lean not unto thine own understanding.
515angel
Scared Monkey

« Reply #185 on: October 15, 2008, 12:21:50 PM »

I agree Rob, about the DP being a 'bargaining chip" I think they were hoping she would at least tell them where the body was when they brought her in as soon as the indictment came down yesterday.  There's still time for this to sink in to her. A good attorney would advise her to jump on the opportunity. But I think Ms Anthony thinks she's invincible!
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #186 on: October 15, 2008, 12:23:36 PM »

After watching the press conf. from yesterday (a gazillion times) I noticed that Casey only started to cry when JB says that "she's someones daughter".  Then the garbage spewd from Cindy this morning about how she "loves Casey more each day" makes it so clear   IMO that finally Casey has achieved her greatest wish. Now she is the sole focus of mom and her biggest scam was believed, all the lies that were caught before , this time, though, she has been able to (because caylee has'y been found YET )  mom is her best friend, staunchest suppoter.

They make me sick. 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #187 on: October 15, 2008, 12:24:17 PM »

OMG MrsK.. thanks for that CNN link 

Prime News host Mike Galanos spars with a Casey Anthony defense spokesman over the media's handling of the case.
http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/10/14/caylee.grand.jury/index.html?eref=rss_us#cnnSTCVideo

OK  I think MAYBE Todd Black just sunk the ship!  Listen to the 2nd point he was trying to make (addressing a caller comment) about 2 minutes into interview

Todd Black :  "This is a very serious case ... involving not just the LOSS OF LIFE OF THIS LITTLE GIRL"

GREAT CATCH INVISION!

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #188 on: October 15, 2008, 12:26:27 PM »

Thanks for brightening my day Rob. I guess Baez will hang on as long as he can -before she gets a "real" attorney!! 

littleone - sure he will. He will write a book (which I would never buy, because it will not be the truth) and he will try for some type of "advisor" role in a movie production.

A real attorney is going to try and expedite this case and get the Death Penalty off the table as fast as possible. He will attempt toi make some type of deal for Casey's guilty plea. That will save the state millions and conclude a terrible saga.

+++

Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #189 on: October 15, 2008, 12:29:05 PM »

Oh George George George.....you really need to learn to shut up sometimes!

I am glad I followed my instincts and kept my reservations with him.  His speach yesterday was heart wrenching, and now I 100% am convinced it was written by MN. 

Stop letting Cindy work you as if she has her hand shoved up your butt using you as a human puppet. 

Sorry George, but you did not change! 

Cindy...SHUT THE F_UP!

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #190 on: October 15, 2008, 12:29:34 PM »

I think death is possible but not probable.There was a woman in Texas that put to death a few years ago for murder.She was pretty too and had even become a born again believer over the years while in prison.I remember watching an interview with her and she was at perfect peace knowing that the day was soon to be upon her.I really don't think being pretty has much to do with it..Just my opinion of course..When it's all said and done and we find out,if ever we do,just how henious the crime against Caylee was,we'll see...

Tucker right?? she used an axe to kill someone IIRC... you're right tot, some times women are put to death.. it's just rare.

There is a massive push to outlaw the death penalty nationwide and fewer people actually believe in it now then they did 20 years ago.

It's a tuff road to hoe.

+++

kristipartyof5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #191 on: October 15, 2008, 12:30:12 PM »

After watching the press conf. from yesterday (a gazillion times) I noticed that Casey only started to cry when JB says that "she's someones daughter".  Then the garbage spewd from Cindy this morning about how she "loves Casey more each day" makes it so clear   IMO that finally Casey has achieved her greatest wish. Now she is the sole focus of mom and her biggest scam was believed, all the lies that were caught before , this time, though, she has been able to (because caylee has'y been found YET )  mom is her best friend, staunchest suppoter.

They make me sick. 
OMG...I noticed the same thing, she didn't start to dry when he said "She has a missing child" only when he says "she is also someone's child"
invision
Monkey Junky

« Reply #192 on: October 15, 2008, 12:30:33 PM »

littleone - sure he will. He will write a book (which I would never buy, because it will not be the truth) and he will try for some type of "advisor" role in a movie production.

A real attorney is going to try and expedite this case and get the Death Penalty off the table as fast as possible. He will attempt toi make some type of deal for Casey's guilty plea. That will save the state millions and conclude a terrible saga.

STARRING PEE WEE HERMAN - as Jose Baez!   

I will no longer support lies and "mistruths", nor make excuses for people that do ... If I do, I am no better than Cindy Anthony .... I will continue to fight for the TRUTH for Caylee Marie ...
littleone
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #193 on: October 15, 2008, 12:31:28 PM »

The attorney with Baez-as reported by CNN News-Jose Garcia

Warning: NEVER~and I mean NEVER try to keep a secret from Rob. He is SNOOPY and will find it in 30 seconds. (Someone could/should have told me)
katntx
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #194 on: October 15, 2008, 12:31:33 PM »

I saw an old primetime story not long ago on WE and it was about a kid who shot his friend and killed him over a girl.  The parents did not make excuses for their son.  They turned him in and made him face the music.  They still loved him and supported him but knew he had to be punished for his crime.  If the Anthonys had done the same thing they would not be getting death threats and could have possible had a better life in the future.  Now all they will be thought of is the liars who protected their murderer daughter.

Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologize for the truth.
littleone
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #195 on: October 15, 2008, 12:32:18 PM »

STARRING PEE WEE HERMAN - as Jose Baez!   

BeachGirl4
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #196 on: October 15, 2008, 12:32:33 PM »

Doesnt look like she has been on any kind of a stress diet !!!

As I received information and relayed it to the defendant after her arrest, she continued to claim ignorance and at times laughed about the situation.
Yuri Melich
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #197 on: October 15, 2008, 12:35:28 PM »

I was listening to the Fox media coverage all the way home last night on my Sirius and they had a former state prosecutor on from the state of FL.  She was stating all the ins and outs of what these charges mean, and then she touched base on the Death Penalty.  She said that the prosecution has 45 days to weigh the factors in this and then present.  She says that one thing in particular in Casey's favor that will be taken into consideration is her age.  This woman did not think that Casey would be able to slide by with any sort of insanity pleas.  She did make note that a good defense attorney would be trying to have the DP removed from the table and use any means nessessary, she also noted that this has never been done in this case thus far. 
She basically stated the same sorts of things that Rob is stating here. I thought it was intersting though none-the-less.

littleone
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #198 on: October 15, 2008, 12:35:35 PM »

i could care less if Baez writes three books and a movie-he won't be gettin any of my hard earned money. As far as that goes-the Anthony's won't either. George and Cindy's lies and they way they treat good people-make me sick. 
~goes back to the corner and reads...Sad....

katntx
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #199 on: October 15, 2008, 12:38:04 PM »

Tucker right?? she used an axe to kill someone IIRC... you're right tot, some times women are put to death.. it's just rare.

There is a massive push to outlaw the death penalty nationwide and fewer people actually believe in it now then they did 20 years ago.

It's a tuff road to hoe.

I know Bush was raked over the coals because he wouldnt give her life in prison.  Everyone was in an uproar because Karla Fay found god and had changed.  Where was god when she murdered those 2 people with an ax?  I know people are harsh on us Texans because of the death penalty here and how we actually enforce it.  If you live in Texas and do the crime worthy of the death penalty then dont do the crime.  Do it in a state that doesnt have the death penalty.

Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologize for the truth.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.