March 28, 2024, 11:32:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #44  (Read 367554 times)
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #380 on: October 15, 2008, 02:25:47 PM »

I just got an email response from Carpe.  He is fine, just very busy!  He was very excited over yesterdays results. 
Not sure if someone else has posted this info yet, but just wanted to let everyone know just in case!  (Still reading back myself)

Thanks Dolce!
TOT!!  Dont you go missing for weeks missy!!    I am trying to catch up from last night.  I will never go to bed again..I miss too much!!

Yes,thanks Dolce...

Me go missing! GULPING HERE...You know something I don't?

Proverbs 3:5
  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
         and lean not unto thine own understanding.
nicnic
Scared Monkey

« Reply #381 on: October 15, 2008, 02:26:23 PM »

"Yeh...CALL DADDY.....beg in that sweet little girl voice....pweeeeeeeezzzzz Daddy...I promise I won't tell...LOL....Des "

lol, He wouldn't know anything, he works in the nuclear field. My sweet little girl voice has never worked on him either! haha. He'd say, "Nic! Quit talking like a baby!" LOL 
katntx
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #382 on: October 15, 2008, 02:26:35 PM »

Personally I think life in prison would be a harsher sentence than death.  I could not imagine sitting in a prison for the rest of my life and im 45, Casey is 22.  She will treated bad because baby killers are not liked.  To bad she didnt hire a smarter lawyer who could of gotten her to confess it was an accident and maybe got her manslaughter and sentenced to say 30 years compared to death or life.

I agree with you. Also, unlike most here, I am against the death penatly. However, not for moral reasons, but financial ones. When I worked with a newspaper, I did extensive research and an article on how the death penalty actually costs the taxpayers more than life in prison without the possibility of parole. That's right! I even quoted how a death row inmate overdosed and almost died, but they rushed him to the E.R. and saved him. Guess what? A few hours later, the same doc who saved him, put him to death at his execution. Also, another death row inmate fought and won to get a sex-change operation prior to his execution. And guess who footed the bill for all of these things? That's right--taxpayers!

I would like to know cost wise how this is so?How does lethal injection compare to housing and feeding a prisoner for life compare?

The reason the cost is so high is because of the appeals.  Also the sex change operation is totally BS and the laws should be changed.  If someone is on death row and about to die why would they need a sex change operation.  Also the time people are on death row is ridiculous.  There should be a set frame to allow all appeals and then be done with it.  Im not saying do it like in the 18th century where the hangmans noose was out back of the office and you were hanged immediately.  But people being on death row for 20 years is a total waste...as Casey would say, to the tax payers.

Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologize for the truth.
stayhomemommy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #383 on: October 15, 2008, 02:27:40 PM »

Personally I think life in prison would be a harsher sentence than death.  I could not imagine sitting in a prison for the rest of my life and im 45, Casey is 22.  She will treated bad because baby killers are not liked.  To bad she didnt hire a smarter lawyer who could of gotten her to confess it was an accident and maybe got her manslaughter and sentenced to say 30 years compared to death or life.

I agree with you. Also, unlike most here, I am against the death penatly. However, not for moral reasons, but financial ones. When I worked with a newspaper, I did extensive research and an article on how the death penalty actually costs the taxpayers more than life in prison without the possibility of parole. That's right! I even quoted how a death row inmate overdosed and almost died, but they rushed him to the E.R. and saved him. Guess what? A few hours later, the same doc who saved him, put him to death at his execution. Also, another death row inmate fought and won to get a sex-change operation prior to his execution. And guess who footed the bill for all of these things? That's right--taxpayers!

I would like to know cost wise how this is so?How does lethal injection compare to housing and feeding a prisoner for life compare?

The costs are astronimically more to excute. They get appeals, get years on death row (with their meals, too) lawyer fees, state pays most fees, they get many things they want (ie the sex change operation). Life w/out parole is usally without appeals (or as many) and thereby limits these fees. Please check it out for yourself. It's interesting stuff.

Sorry to quote myself; I forgot to give you a link to start you off: http://www.deathpenalty.org/article.php?id=42
looking4answers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #384 on: October 15, 2008, 02:27:54 PM »

In regards  to the 2nd POI, don't you think if it was Lee he would have been arrested by now? Maybe they have to go out of state to get this person if indeed that's what it indicates. I'm sure they have Lee under surveillance, but then again Scott Peterson almost made it to the Mexican border before they nabbed him. But IF that person was missed, I would think that today there would have been an APB out on him.   

Why BooMonkey, how insightful of you! My, of course you are right! I'm sure the LE would be all over the 2nd POI if such a person existed, they may even call the press to meet them there. I am continually amazed at your sense of deduction! Well done girl, well done!!   

Who wants some Kool-Aid?????
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #385 on: October 15, 2008, 02:28:29 PM »

The prosecution will have to give reason for motive,right? If so,what will they say?

Hellooooooooooooooooooo?

KiahJ
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #386 on: October 15, 2008, 02:28:34 PM »

In regards  to the 2nd POI, don't you think if it was Lee he would have been arrested by now? Maybe they have to go out of state to get this person if indeed that's what it indicates. I'm sure they have Lee under surveillance, but then again Scott Peterson almost made it to the Mexican border before they nabbed him. But IF that person was missed, I would think that today there would have been an APB out on him.   

Why BooMonkey, how insightful of you! My, of course you are right! I'm sure the LE would be all over the 2nd POI if such a person existed, they may even call the press to meet them there. I am continually amazed at your sense of deduction! Well done girl, well done!!   

(you took the words right out of my mouth!!)

TOY
Scared Monkey

« Reply #387 on: October 15, 2008, 02:28:39 PM »

This may be a stupid question, but will there be any more document/evidence released and if so, will it be anytime soon?

I believe Murt said that he would be going down to LE today to see if there was anything new released.  I know that several think that new findings will be released as a result of Baez's motions.
Thanks, he will let the monkeys know, right?

I would imagine...he might just like to where he posts them.  Don't know the ustream address.  I use this
murtwitnessone.com
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #388 on: October 15, 2008, 02:28:56 PM »

Des, I found this part of the statement from spokesperson for the stata atty's office very interesting:

"All investigations, to include homicide investigations, have a chronological process and this case is no different. In late September, the Orange County Sheriff's Office, FBI and this office received a letter of confirmation from the University of Tennessee. They had concluded their examination of the forensic material sent to them by law enforcement contained relevant information to the disappearance of Caylee Anthony. While I am not at liberty to discuss the specific nature of the material, I will tell you that this correspondence is dated very late September. This was the piece of the puzzle, as prosecutors, we were waiting for before we could appropriately convene the Grand Jury."

My understanding ...

The letter of confirmation from the University of Tennessee ... confirmed through DNA that the composition found inside the trunk of Casey's vehicle belonged to Caylee Marie.  Nothing to do with paternity.

Janet

++++++

Caylee's mother Casey Anthony indicted on charge of murder
Sarah Lundy, Bianca Prieto and Amy L. Edwards | Sentinel Staff Writers
6:54 PM EDT, October 14, 2008

State Attorney's Office responds to political attack

3:41 p.m. Randy Means, a spokesman for the State Attorney's Office, recently issued this statement in response to allegations his office is using Casey Anthony's case for State Attorney Lawson Lamar's political benefit.

Means wrote in an email to the Orlando Sentinel that there "is an old axiom in law enforcement that goes 'When defense attorneys can't successfully attack the evidence they then attack the evidence collector. If this fails you then attack the prosecutor.....This is not the first time we have seen such a ploy as this. "All investigations, to include homicide investigations, have a chronological process and this case is no different. In late September, the Orange County Sheriff's Office, FBI and this office received a letter of confirmation from the University of Tennessee. They had concluded their examination of the forensic material sent to them by law enforcement contained relevant information to the disappearance of Caylee Anthony. "While I am not at liberty to discuss the specific nature of the material, I will tell you that this correspondence is dated very late September. This was the piece of the puzzle, as prosecutors, we were waiting for before we could appropriately convene the Grand Jury. "Normally making arrangements for the Grand Jurors will take a week or two, which leads us to today. Sufficient admissible evidence has been collected and evaluated and it is now the state's duty to seek justice. "As much as I would like to respond to these apparent smoke and mirror allegations, I am prohibited from doing so, as is the Defense, as described in the Cannons of Ethics. I believe the defense attorney's wild allegations serve no legitimate purpose other than to obfuscate the search for the truth. We will continue to prosecute this case in the courts and not in the media.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/florida/orl-casey-anthony-grand-jury-indicts-101308,0,459945.story?page=1

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/florida/orl-casey-anthony-grand-jury-indicts-101308,0,459945.story?page=1

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #389 on: October 15, 2008, 02:28:58 PM »

I am going to be a boring poster in the next few weeks....we need to get educated about DNA and all it's components. Since I once worked at a hospital laboratory I would at least like to point out a few things that we will need to know when they begin their examination of the DNA and the various tests performed on the samples...stop me now if no one cares because other wise you will be getting a small primer on all things genetic.  Below is such an example:

DNA paternity testing is a specific form of DNA testing, which involves examining  the genetic material a child has inherited from its parents. DNA is located everywhere inside and outside of the human body and each DNA strand (or part of the DNA) is always consistent and the same.  The DNA in the blood is the same as it is in the skin, the cheek lining, the muscle, the bone, the teeth and all other tissue.

Upon conception a child's DNA is created for the first time.  This DNA remains totally constant throughout the person's life. During the paternity testing process, the genetic components of the child compared to those of the alleged father. If the mother's sample is available, it will be used in this comparison as well: modern genetic testing does not require the mother's sample.

If the tested man (alleged father) does not have the genetic characteristics necessary to be the biological father of the child, he is excluded, meaning he is not the baby's father. If the tested man's DNA does contain those genetic characteristics, then he will not 'not excluded' and declared the biological father.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #390 on: October 15, 2008, 02:29:10 PM »

No one hardly responds to me either but I love this forum.  I was going to ask Klaas if she could turn my post number back to "1" so I could get another welcome!   

Some of us oldtimers here have had that done accidentally when the server crashed....my post count would be higher, but that wouldn't mean my posts would be answered any differently, if at all....I'm so busy catching up here on this case, I'm not sure who I've welcomed along the way...for those I've missed:

WELCOME
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 02:34:53 PM by 2NJSons_Mom » Logged

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
stayhomemommy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #391 on: October 15, 2008, 02:29:24 PM »

The reason the cost is so high is because of the appeals.  Also the sex change operation is totally BS and the laws should be changed.  If someone is on death row and about to die why would they need a sex change operation.  Also the time people are on death row is ridiculous.  There should be a set frame to allow all appeals and then be done with it.  Im not saying do it like in the 18th century where the hangmans noose was out back of the office and you were hanged immediately.  But people being on death row for 20 years is a total waste...as Casey would say, to the tax payers.

You are right. It should either be re-vamped (right to speedy execution) maybe? LOL

By the way, are you in the French Quarter in that photo? Either way, I like it. Cute with the monkey.
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #392 on: October 15, 2008, 02:29:38 PM »

The costs are astronimically more to excute. They get appeals, get years on death row (with their meals, too) lawyer fees, state pays most fees, they get many things they want (ie the sex change operation). Life w/out parole is usally without appeals (or as many) and thereby limits these fees. Please check it out for yourself. It's interesting stuff.
Well see then its not the actual act of the "death" part thats expensive.  Solution, rework the judicial system and just take them out back and shoot em. 
I have always been on the fence about the death penalty for a while. 
Personally all I see is criminals who think they can beat the system..and some do.  I agree that their needs to be an "end of the line" for everyone who decides to commit a crime, and for killing someone I am swaying towards the notion that it should be death.
Casey has thought from day one that she has this all beat, I want her to see the "end of the line" here.  Eye for an eye.

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #393 on: October 15, 2008, 02:30:16 PM »

Yeah! I agree! 

I Stand With The Girl
TOY
Scared Monkey

« Reply #394 on: October 15, 2008, 02:30:20 PM »

I really think those of you interested in new evidence should read this page.  It is not
written in hard-to-understand jargon.

http://www.ornl.gov/info/ornlreview/meas_tech/bytes.htm
nicnic
Scared Monkey

« Reply #395 on: October 15, 2008, 02:30:46 PM »

Did anyone notice Cindy saying something to the effect of " It will be known why Casey acts the way she does" (rough rough paraphrasing attempt here) in that interview? Sounds like they are setting up some kind of insanity crap, or childhood abuse, something like that. ugh.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #396 on: October 15, 2008, 02:31:39 PM »

Sure hope these images show up, still learning how to post them.  Am curious to get your take on this:

Earlier in this case, on Cindy's myspace page, Trenton Duckett is/was the 4th friend listed: 

And at the same time, on the 'Trenton Duckett Is Missing' myspace page, the following pic was included.  The girl in front sure looks a lot like Casey to me:

Is it possible these two cases are connected in some way? 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #397 on: October 15, 2008, 02:32:10 PM »

Sorry to quote myself; I forgot to give you a link to start you off: http://www.deathpenalty.org/article.php?id=42

And katntx  too....Yes I see but these are all things that I think should be changed. One speedy appeal and then it's history..Thankyou for this link.I'll definitly be having a look...Smile

katntx
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #398 on: October 15, 2008, 02:32:36 PM »

You are right. It should either be re-vamped (right to speedy execution) maybe? LOL

By the way, are you in the French Quarter in that photo? Either way, I like it. Cute with the monkey.

No I was in Barbados.  You should of seen the baby monkeys they had ..they were precious and the people treated them just like they were they real baby humans and wouldnt let anyone hold them or touch them.

Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologize for the truth.
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #399 on: October 15, 2008, 02:32:38 PM »

I just got an email response from Carpe.  He is fine, just very busy!  He was very excited over yesterdays results. 
Not sure if someone else has posted this info yet, but just wanted to let everyone know just in case!  (Still reading back myself)

Thanks Dolce!
TOT!!  Dont you go missing for weeks missy!!    I am trying to catch up from last night.  I will never go to bed again..I miss too much!!

Yes,thanks Dolce...

Me go missing! GULPING HERE...You know something I don't?
Nopers!  Of course not!

NO ONE TAKE TOT! 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.