March 28, 2024, 09:30:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who Is Joe The Plumber?  (Read 3229 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: October 15, 2008, 11:38:26 PM »

Who Is Joe The Plumber?

Joe Wurzelbacher Calls Debate 'Surreal'

Sens. John McCain and Barack Obama kept talking about "Joe the plumber" during their third and final presidential debate. So, Who is Joe the Plumber?

He's Joe Wurzelbacher, an Ohio man looking to buy a plumbing business.

Days earlier, Wurzelbacher told Obama he was worried that the Democrat's tax plan would keep him from buying the business. McCain sought to make political hay out of the meeting.

"He looked at your tax plan and he saw that he was going to pay much higher taxes," McCain said to Obama. "You were going to put him in a higher tax bracket which was going to increase his taxes, which was going to cause him not to be able to employ people, which Joe was trying to realize the American dream."

"Let me tell you what I'm actually going to do," Obama shot back. "What I essentially said to him was, 'Five years ago, when you were in a position to buy your business, you needed a tax cut then.' And what I want to do is to make sure that the plumber, the nurse, the firefighter, the teacher, the young entrepreneur who doesn't yet have money, I want to give them a tax break now. And that requires us to make some important choices."

(snip)

http://www.wpbf.com/money/17725836/detail.html

It sounds like Joe the plumber is to old for the Obama tax breaks...

Joe the plumber is to old to pursue the American dream and thus must pay more under the Obama tax plan.  Is this part of the death tax?  Start easing the money from people before death?  Prevent them from growing their savings?

Obama, imho, seems to be saying that Joe should have purchased the business five years ago.  I'm guessing that Joe wasn't in a position to buy the business five years ago.

Obama decided for reasons unknown to me, that people like Joe should pay higher taxes, it's one of those "important choices".

Maybe Joe has been saving his money to advance?  Maybe he made hard choices to better his future?  He decided to save what little money he had?

*The state also has no reason to keep old people alive.  Living longer means they pay out more in pensions, medical costs, nursing home costs, and other social benefits.  It's one of those "important choices" the state makes.  When does one become "old" under the Obama plan?  imho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 11:45:41 PM »

(snip)

Joe Wurzelbacher of Holland, Ohio, might be the most famous plumber in the country after confronting the Democrat earlier this week when Obama was canvassing his neighborhood. Wurzelbacher, who is about to purchase a small business that nets more than $250,000/year - the magic number at which Obama will increase taxes - asked Obama why after working hard for so many years he should be taxed.

Obama and Wurzelbacher spoke for about six minutes - in front of press - about Obama’s tax plan, after which Obama noted the conversation was “good practice” for his debate with McCain.

Listen to the audio of the entire conversation here - unedited.

The video is there.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 11:49:37 PM »

Joe has been a plumber for 15 years or so.

He works 10-12 hours a day.

Obama indicates that he feels Joe would have been able to save/acquire his business sooner under the new Obama plan.  My paraphrase.

Obama talks about sales taxes and other new taxes.

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 11:51:04 PM »

Obama feels that Joe's tax increase is a result of his "trickle up" theory.

Slogger
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 10:11:29 PM »

Joe the Plumber was seriously interested in buying the business.  He must have done well under Bush, otherwise he would not be able to consider the prospect.  Do you really think Joe will be so excited by Obama's tax plan that he will rush right into buying the business . . . unlikely.

MSM is trying to investigate Joe, looking for dirt and trying to smear him.  Tactics, again.  Tactics against an ordinary citizen who asked a question.  Guess that will intimidate a few people and keep them from asking important questions.

Likely, Joe will not buy the business until after the election, after he gets a better idea of how bad it will be.  Now, this short view of a man's regular life has shown something we haven't seen before.  One candidate would encourage Joe to do the best he can, buy that business (if he's able) and expand it.  Hire workers; create jobs.  The other candidate seems to indicate he could have done it years ago; indicates taxes going from 35% to 39%. 

The faster Joe works; the harder Joe works, the more he gives Barack Obama.  I think Barack has just told Joe . . . "tough luck, Buddy!"

This is one person Obama met on the street.  There are thousands just like Joe, and they won't start/expand businesses either.

This is the downward slide: taking recession into depression.  One man; one idea; discouragement; and why bother being creative. 

Free enterprise; stiffled sucess.  Not change I need.

Constitution101    hillsdale.edu/constitution/
Courtesy is requested; Respect is Earned.
Pace Yourself, for the LongHaul.  MOs
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 02:57:08 AM »

if remember this correctly.
it was FOX who brought Joe the Plumber to the attention.
"the spreading the wealth" comment.

then McCain brought up Joe the Plumber in the debate watched by 56 million Americans.
he was mentioned around 15 times by both candidates.

no surprise that the media wants to have a chat with him.
and yes the blogs had a nice Google search.
just as they Googled up everybody who came in a 2 mile radius of Obama in the last 40 years.

as for "spreading the wealth", Bush has done that too.
only spreading it a bit more to the rich. trickle down didn't work.
the 4% tax increase is just putting it back at how it was during the Clinton years.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 03:36:39 AM »

Well, we on this thread can be really smug about Joe, because we all know more about this than the media or the campaigns do.

I'm amazed that no one on a public level has actually listened to what "Joe" said in his conversation with Obama. He doesn't make 250k a year, and never claimed he did. He said he wanted to buy a business that makes 250K-280K a year. BIG DIFFERENCE!

Yet, as I type, I hear, once again, the clip from Obama asking his supporting crowd, "How many plumbers do you know that makes a quarter of a million a year?"

But since when does truth, accuracy, or ethics rule that campaign? All hard working, middle class Americans are getting a good look at the venom of the attack against Joe. He's hit a real nerve. Middle class Americans are to be the objects of rhetoric to WIN, and reality of the onslaught against them isn't supposed to become clear until AFTER the win. Joe's timing is really bad.

Apparently Joe has a $1,000.00 tax lien against him (something the investigations into this traitor has turned up), and the Obama/media machine has made sure that the implication has been that should disqualify him from having an opinion.  Hmmmmmm  I guess that means that Charlie Rangle shouldn't vote in the Senate on any tax issues, and Al Sharpton should be banned from the discussion as well.

Oh, and as Biden made sure to spit out today, Joe does not have a plumber's license and McCain should have better vetted Joe! Nevermind that a plumber in his state is perfectly legal as long as he is working under a licensed plumber, and McCain has never even met Joe, nor chosen him for political office!

Joe is a single parent, and made his biggest mistake when he didn't embrace Obama and his policies. As a single parent, he should never set his mind on improving himself. Obama will take care of his financial needs, through automatic tax credits to cover day care, college tuition, government healthcare and even IRS refunds. Of course, Joe's dream of owning his own business and creating jobs for others is down the drain, but that's just not the way to better yourself under Obama's policies.

It's going to take the Joe's of this country a little while to kill their hard work ethic and competitive "can do" spirit, but given a little patience and some hard cash hand outs, he'll rethink things eventually. It's worked really well with the welfare crowd, and that crowd's about to get a huge infusion of new faces!
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 08:36:25 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJYCxj8KXjQ

Samuel Wurzelbacher, also known as 'Joe the Plumber,' is in Israel working as a rookie war correspondent, where he said Sunday that he believes journalists should be abolished from reporting from war zones. (Jan. 11)

i hope Joe (and Sarah Palin) stay around as long as possible.
this will prevent the GOP from winning elections as only know-nothings will vote for a party which uses such mascottes.
and there just arent's enough of such voters. 

and addition Joe and Sarah provide for much needed comic relief. 

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.