April 19, 2024, 09:33:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #45  (Read 425817 times)
katntx
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #620 on: October 16, 2008, 08:20:47 PM »

My favorite is the using the super glue vapors and getting prints.  Maybe they did this to the trash bag and found another set of prints and that why they are saying there was an accomplice.

Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologize for the truth.
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #621 on: October 16, 2008, 08:21:08 PM »

OMG, NG is soooooo bad!! I love to see these people scramble to please Mommy while trying to answer her questions. Check your balls in at the door!! Did you see Mark's expression when she told him to throw her a bone, and he didn't answer correctly enough? NOW she's threatened that if he doesn't step up, he's out!!! OMG, too funny and sad at the same time!! 

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #622 on: October 16, 2008, 08:21:52 PM »

You know I take back what I just said.  If Casey can be out partying and whooping it up and stealing from her friends and using chloroform and leading LE to universal and all over town while lying, then yes she could of been moving a severely decomposed body...what was I thinking.

I think she does an excellent job of dissociating.   Actually, I don't think she's able to reassociate.  I think she's living in an alternate universe - her reality is not that of the rest of us.

If it's not one thing, it's an udder.
heykim
Monkey Junky

www.twitter.com/heykim

« Reply #623 on: October 16, 2008, 08:22:42 PM »

OK, here I multi-task, while playing with the monkeys I was also watching NCIS. Amazing, I know. They just said that plants have their own DNA, like from one tree to another of the same type of tree! So if plant matter was found on KC's car and they matched it to a site that they find of interest, they can say for sure that KC was there. I find that interesting.

i dont recall which one, but i have seen that done on a TRUE CRIME tv show... i watch so many, its hard to remember which one...

profile pics courtesy of the kind and generous BRANDI!
guideposts
Scared Monkey

« Reply #624 on: October 16, 2008, 08:23:17 PM »

Monkeys...I have a favor to ask...

....Des

MORRIS MEISTER CUTTING EDGE SCIENCE LECTURE SERIES
Date: March 20th, 2002

Topic: The World Trade Center As A Crime Scene/Germ Warfare
http://www.bxscience.edu/publications/forensics/specialevents/speakers/f-spea05.htm

Dr. Lawrence Kobilinsky is the Associate Provost of the Interdisciplinary Forensics Science Department at John Jay College. He received his B.S. and M.A. degrees from the City College of City University of New York and his Ph.D. degree from the City University of New York. His doctoral work was performed at Mt. Sinai School of Medicine Biochemistry department, and he became a postdoctoral fellow at the Sloan-Kettering Institute in New York City after receiving his doctorate. Dr. Koblinsky is a member of 18 professional organizations, and serves on the Boards of the New York Microscopical Society and the Eastern Analytical Symposium. He has served as a consultant to CBS and other network news programs on issues related to forensic science, as well as an advisor to the U.S. State Department regarding forensic science laboratories in Eastern Europe. An internationally renowned forensic scientist, he has served as advisor to criminalistics laboratories in several countries, and is both a Diplomat of the American College of Forensic Examiners and a Board Certified Forensic Examiner. He has received numerous honors, including the Federal Law Enforcement Officers "Civilian Award" and has published extensively on the subject of forensic DNA analysis.

http://www.wiod.com/cc-common/podcast.html
Dave speaks with Dr. Larry Koblinsky, Professor of Forensic Science at John Jay College of Criminal Justice, about JonBenet Ramsey's parents and brother being cleared in the 6-year-old's 1996 murder  PODCAST

Consultant on Nancy Grace show

http://web.jjay.cuny.edu/~science/kobilinsky.htm
Lawrence Kobilinsky
Ph.D. – City University Graduate Center
Professor of Biology and Immunology
Associate Provost John Jay College
(212) 237-8884

My research interests concern the use of state-of-the-art technology to identify individuals from physiological fluids and tissues, and to associate biological crime scene evidence with a suspect. Forensic DNA analysis has been termed a revolutionary technique which resulted from the ground-breaking work of Drs. Kary Mullis and Alec Jeffries. The technology has evolved ever since.

The late 80’s saw the adoption of RFLP (DNA Fingerprinting) methods by a number of public and private laboratories. The FBI and other Federal, State and County laboratories became keenly interested in the promise of this technology. There was a clear transition from protein analysis to nucleotide analysis, the latter being far superior because of a greater degree of polymorphism that exists at various genetic loci within the genome. During the early 90's, the expensive and time consuming RFLP procedure has been supplanted by the use of analyses of evidence that had been amplified by the Polymerase Chain Reaction technology to generate large quantities of genetic material from, often, miniscule amounts of evidence found at crime scenes. The amplified DNA can then be tested using a variety of different methods such as reverse dot blot procedures, gel or capillary electrophoresis.

Currently, my research is focused on single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) detection and on sequencing technology. Although SNP analysis is not yet performed by forensic laboratories, it is in many ways far superior to the current widely used PCR-STR analysis. The forensic biology laboratory at John Jay boasts all the necessary equipment to perform all types of forensic DNA analysis. This equipment includes ABI-Prism sequencers (310 and 377), the latter being a gel electrophoresis instrument and the former being a capillary electrophoresis instrument. It also includes an ABI Taqman for real time PCR studies as well as SNP detection. SNP detection is also accomplished with a Transgenomic Wave instrument. The laboratory is also equipped with an Agilent system which features the latest chip technology for human identification. The Lab on a Chip uses micro-capillary electrophoresis followed by gene scanning to accomplish identification.

http://www.gc.cuny.edu/faculty/folio/spring2005/bloodwork.htm

Kobilinsky, who received his Ph.D. in biology from The Graduate Center in 1977, came to John Jay full-time from the Sloan-Kettering Institute for Cancer Research in 1980, only a few years before forensic DNA testing was about to become a revolutionary discovery for human identification. He has since become a sort of crime-science Renaissance man around campus.

On a given day, he might be advising a graduate student, peering at readouts from one of the genetic sequencing machines housed in his compact laboratory, writing a textbook on forensic science for high school students, or appearing on television to comment on a high-profile case of the moment--Kobilinsky was prominently featured for months in a seat beside Dan Rather, analyzing the scientific portions of the O.J. Simpson murder trial. A recent week even found him jetting off to the Dominican Republic to investigate that nation's penal system and write an eye-opening report at the request of newly elected President Leonel Fernandez, a City College graduate.

Back home, Kobilinsky's own criminal justice research takes several tacks. One is his recent push to add greater rigor and science to the way crime investigators collect, document, examine, and match bite marks to exemplars (orthodontic casts taken from suspects).

"Why bite marks? Virtually all Federal grant money is going into DNA testing now, but that has been to the neglect of other kinds of evidence--latent fingerprint, hair, bite-mark, document examination, fiber evidence, and other kinds," he explains.

Indeed, in a number of recent cases, fingerprint or bite-mark findings of guilt have clashed with subsequent DNA test results exonerating the same suspects.

"I've been very critical of forensic procedures that are more art than science," he says. "So much of this bite-mark examination is subjective, just as it is with fingerprints. There is no clear protocol or system for the examiner who must make the call as to whether or not this bite mark matches the bite pattern from a suspect; it mostly comes down to feeling, opinion, and experience."

With graduate student Kathleen Pfeiffer and forensic dentist Dr. Ira Titunik, Kobilinsky has been using an image processing computer software known as Lucis to digitize, and then transform into grey tones, photographs of bite marks on victims. The resulting images can then be matched to a growing catalogue of Lucis-transformed images of sample bite marks from suspects.

"This is about putting more objectivity into that examination," he says. "What we're trying to do is bring more science to that process."

Kobilinsky also remains active on the DNA front: Another of his projects is a concerted effort to improve the scientific protocols used in lab work. New advances in DNA testing, particularly of so-called low-copy number DNA samples, have increased the power of the tests but also the potential for errors in identification. Because the low-copy method uses such small numbers of DNA molecules--genetic profiles have been generated from as little as a single human cell (and there are trillions of cells in the body)--the testing must be done especially carefully.

"These low-copy techniques are very useful in cases of burglary and robbery, where you might only find a single smudged latent fingerprint or a bit of hair," Kobilinsky says. "You might turn up some good investigative leads. But the flip side of this is that contamination can ruin everything. For example, if even a few cells slough off the investigator's hair or skin and gets into the sample, it's contaminated. Or if some DNA-containing evidence was already present at the crime scene prior to the criminal event, you could generate an irrelevant genetic profile. Even if you get 'successful' typing results, you may not always be able to interpret them properly."

With his John Jay lab team, Kobilinsky is devising a new system for handling small amounts of DNA and amplifying that DNA from a few copies into billions of copies using the process knows as polymerase chain reaction. At any stage of processing (extraction of DNA, quantification, addition to PCR reagents, or thermal cycling) it's possible to accidentally introduce a contaminant which could render the results difficult or impossible to interpret. To test the refinements, he obtained nearly one hundred old-case weapons swabbings from a collaborating police department (the John Jay labs are not accredited to do any actual crime scene lab work for law enforcement purposes), then re-ran the DNA testing using a number of different protocols.

"I feel we've hit upon a better way" of organizing and performing the low-copy tests, he says. "The technique we use minimizes exposure of the template DNA to any potential contaminant."

BOOKS:

Forensic Medicine (Inside Forensic Science)
by Howard C Adelman, Lawrence Kobilinsky (Editor)
$38.57 
Dec., 2006
Forensic medicine uses medical specialties and scientific techniques from various fields--dentistry, psychology, and biology, among others--to investigate the causes of death, injury, or disease. This book explores the use of forensic medicine in each of these areas, as well as how the findings come together to solve cases.

DNA: Forensic and Legal Applications
by Lawrence Kobilinsky, Thomas Liotta, Jamel L Oeser-Sweat  $49.04 

Oct 1, 2004
Includes a Foreword by Dr. James D. Watson, the co-discoverer of the DNA double helix, and Dr. Jan A. Witkowski. "From the Foreword by Drs. Watson and Witkowski: 'DNA: Forensic and Legal Applications is a comprehensive and invaluable guide to the field, covering topics ranging from collecting samples in the field to presenting the complex ...

Forensic DNA Analysis (Inside Forensic Science)
by Lawrence Kobilinsky, Henrietta Nunno, Professor Louis Levine $38.60 
Feb 28, 2007
As scientists have unraveled the DNA code, new fields have opened up in forensics. DNA can be used for many applications, from figuring out whether someone is the father of a baby to determining whether a particular person was present at a crime scene. Forensic DNA Analysis takes the reader through the analysis process and explains the possible

Forensic Pharmacology
by Beth E Zedeck, Morris S Zedeck, Lawrence Kobilinsky (Editor) $10.38 
Forensic Pharmacology explores the many links between drugs and forensic science, from drug-induced violence and crime to determining whether a person taking a certain medication is capable of standing trial for a crime, to the forgery of prescriptions. The reader is introduced to the daily work of the scientists, and the principles of ...

Forensic Chemistry Handbook by Lawrence F. Kobilinsky and Louis Levine (Hardcover - Sep 10, 2007)

Inside Forensic Science Set (Inside Forensic Science) by Lawrence Kobilinsky (Library Binding - Nov 30, 2006)

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #625 on: October 16, 2008, 08:23:29 PM »

If it was Casey in the big straw hat and red sunglasses, how could someone be so stupid???  Like that wouldnt draw more attention to themselves.  I think if she was spotted at 2 different times in 2 different locations by 2 different people she was just spreading the items out to throw of LE.  I cant see her or anyone else moving a body that would have been severely decomposed twice.
Kat I wouldn't think Casey would be in a big straw hat, but Cindy is the at the age to wear one. Maybe Cindy is the one the person saw. IDK, I don't have cable so I don't know what all is being said on NG if anything about the person that saw "someone" in the hat. Just my opinion.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Orchidwmn
Monkey Junky Jr.

What is it? A cat? WTH is that?

« Reply #626 on: October 16, 2008, 08:23:37 PM »

Interesting thinking here.

But George said in his Aug. 4 LE interview, that he saw Casey leave the house in Cindy's vehicle. He took off after her in his car. He said this was between 5:50-6 PM somewhere between June 24-27.

I searched and searched and couldn't find a time...could you please tell me where that info comes from?  Not because I don't believe you, just because I'd like to read that report.

Sounds good - but she would have to be running - due to the fact that she was down south & then back to Amscot area within minutes IIRC. It looks like she went to Hopespring and then to Amscot - was Cindy off work that week?

I used this map: 

Good point.  If she left Cindy's SUV closer to the Amscot, she might have had time, if she called Tony as she was walking back to Amscot, she could have had 14 minutes knowing she had a few minutes before he would get there.  The average person can walk 1 mile in 20 minutes:

D~11:44 am Unknown Winter Pk 0 sec
D~11:47 am Tony L 115 sec
D~11:49 am Unknown Winter Pk 0 sec
D~11:49 am Amy H 0 sec
D~11:51 am Jesse Grund 305 sec
D~11:58 am Amy H 0 sec

But the whole 6PM thing throws a wrench in my theory anyway.  Now I have to go back to thinking Annie met her Amscot in the AM and try to figure it all out again...
As far as George stating a time that she took CA's car - it was during his police interview - he said it was either the week of the 24th or the 15th but that it was done around 5:00 - 6:00 pm - she was on the 408 and she either got off at Hiawassee or Kirkland - one of the two but he lost her.

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&FORM=LMLTCP&cp=28.456316~-81.298313&style=h&lvl=13&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=29333224&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1

Was this a week that GA was between jobs? 

I have wondered this ever since I heard his interview. He says around 5:30-6pm, but he works 3-11, Sun-Th so wouldn't it have to have been Friday the 27th?
Anyone know when she returned the SUV?

I want to see those EZ pass records!!

KCJackie, do you know the answers to this? TIA, your fellow KC monkey
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #627 on: October 16, 2008, 08:23:53 PM »

Id like to see NG sell stuff at the ball game - ICE COLD BEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRR..

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #628 on: October 16, 2008, 08:24:04 PM »

My favorite is the using the super glue vapors and getting prints.  Maybe they did this to the trash bag and found another set of prints and that why they are saying there was an accomplice.

Ooooooo I remember that from CSI, very good!!! 

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #629 on: October 16, 2008, 08:25:18 PM »

Video Audio of Todd Black with Mike G from Headline News

Before it magically goes poof from the internet

Could only find it on You tube - on CNN video is gone

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=todd%20black%20caylee&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1&um=1&sa=N&tab=wv#

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1UabEpAxzU

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
katntx
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #630 on: October 16, 2008, 08:25:42 PM »

If it was Casey in the big straw hat and red sunglasses, how could someone be so stupid???  Like that wouldnt draw more attention to themselves.  I think if she was spotted at 2 different times in 2 different locations by 2 different people she was just spreading the items out to throw of LE.  I cant see her or anyone else moving a body that would have been severely decomposed twice.
Kat I wouldn't think Casey would be in a big straw hat, but Cindy is the at the age to wear one. Maybe Cindy is the one the person saw. IDK, I don't have cable so I don't know what all is being said on NG if anything about the person that saw "someone" in the hat. Just my opinion.

OK I could definately see Cindy in a big straw hat.

Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologize for the truth.
SS
Monkey Junky

« Reply #631 on: October 16, 2008, 08:26:41 PM »

Missing Persons - High Profile / Caylee Marie Anthony / Re: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #45  on: Today at 05:29:40 PM 
Quote from: mrsrocko19 on Today at 05:20:50 PM
Klass or Anybody!!! Can we start a seperate thread for this info on Dr. Lawrence kobelinski..So Des can get it from there? Or should we just email it..I'm kinda curious about all this info on him myself

Yes...a new thread would keep the clutter out of this one....*unless* you want to know what the defence will be throwing out there to negate the Body Farm....AND...ORNL.....Des...

Des - thanks again for all the work that you've been doing.  I have to laugh, because didn't the defense refer to the Body Farm evidence as "circumstantial"?    That "circumstantial" evidence is going to bring Casey down.
katntx
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #632 on: October 16, 2008, 08:26:53 PM »

Ooooooo I remember that from CSI, very good!!! 

I actually saw it on Forensic Files.

BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #633 on: October 16, 2008, 08:26:54 PM »

Id like to see NG sell stuff at the ball game - ICE COLD BEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRR..

Yeah, if you don't have your money ready there would be hell to pay. I think they call her the Soup Nazi!!!   

heykim
Monkey Junky

www.twitter.com/heykim

« Reply #634 on: October 16, 2008, 08:29:56 PM »

Video Audio of Todd Black with Mike G from Headline News

Before it magically goes poof from the internet

Could only find it on You tube - on CNN video is gone

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=todd%20black%20caylee&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1&um=1&sa=N&tab=wv#

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1UabEpAxzU

thanks ! i saw it.. i heard it... now i HOPE someone who knows how, makes sure EVERYONE sees it in the future.. Smile

profile pics courtesy of the kind and generous BRANDI!
katntx
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #635 on: October 16, 2008, 08:30:18 PM »

NG has been such a b&@%h lately....geez!  She certainly isnt her happy, im the luckiest mommy of twins, were so blessed person anymore.  Someone give her some midol or whatever it takes...sheesh!

Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #636 on: October 16, 2008, 08:31:52 PM »

NG has been such a b&@%h lately....geez!  She certainly isnt her happy, im the luckiest mommy of twins, were so blessed person anymore.  Someone give her some midol or whatever it takes...sheesh!

It's called being in Prosecutor Mode.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #637 on: October 16, 2008, 08:32:04 PM »

"chuck " is on NG!!

BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #638 on: October 16, 2008, 08:32:57 PM »

SEE! Lee said that she is telling the truth TO THE BEST OF HER ABILITY. He knows she is a liar! He even said that to his face. Lee believes he can get the truth from his sister. Back to my post this AM, Lee is acting the part of still believing in her and following his own lawyers advice to stay in the background so KC still believes in him.

Sal
Scared Monkey

« Reply #639 on: October 16, 2008, 08:33:09 PM »

Wow, what a dream team! NOT!!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.