April 26, 2024, 10:56:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Unsolved murder of Brittany McGlone 5/4/07 Winnsboro, TX  (Read 48120 times)
guardianurse
Scared Monkey

« on: October 16, 2008, 11:12:57 AM »

My only daughter, Brittany Danielle McGlone, 19, was raped, tortured and murdered May 4, 2007, in Winnsboro, Wood County, Texas. Her murder remains unsolved and her killer at large.
It is my mission to keep Brittany's story in the public eye; however, none of the "queens" of murder cases (ie Nancy Grace, Greta Van Susteren) have ever responded to my blogging or pleas to broadcast Brittany's tragic, senseless demise.

Wood County Authorities found the body of 19-year-old Brittany McGlone inside a home near Lake Winnsborro Friday afternoon.
The Sheriff's Department says the young girl was assaulted and then murdered. They said Brittany McGlone died from massive head trauma.
Authorities say her boyfriend, who lived at the house, was the first person to find Brittany.
Investigators say the murder happened at the home in the 200 Block of County Road 4837 sometime between 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.  Authorities are hoping someone will come forward. If they saw something suspicious.
"At this time there are some suspects that were looking at real strong, but we are just having to do the investigation on them at this time,"  said Sheriff Dwaine Daugherty, Wood County. "I'm asking the public for any information they can give. Call Lieutenant Tucker in Criminal Investigation if they see a vehicle or anything in this area to please call us."
The Wood County Sheriff's Department can be reached at (903) 763-2201.
Brittany's family did not wish to speak. They say, authorities have asked them to remain quiet, since the investigation is ongoing .
The Wood County Sheriff's Department said when the person who's responsible is arrested, he or she faces capital murder charges. http://www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=6481584

Crimestoppers is offering a $1000 reward for information leading to the grand jury indictment of the person or persons responsible for her death.
Brittany's family and friends are offering a private reward for information leading to the grand jury indictment of the person or persons responsible for this heinous crime.
For more information or if you have tips, please call Wood County Crimestoppers at (903) 763-2274
If you would like more information regarding the private reward, or to donate to the cause, please call the Justice for Brittany McGlone Foundation at (903) 342-6130.

Thank you in advance for your time and attention.
Warm regards,
Patricia Tice, Brittany's mom

« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 08:38:12 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 08:41:32 PM »

guardian nurse,

I am so sorry for your loss. I know it must be heartbreaking for you to not be able to get justice for Brittany. I will keep you in my prayers.

Sam

Just a swinging with the tribe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 08:51:10 PM »

Patricia, words alone cannot describe how I feel after reading about your daughter Brittany.  This was a terrible crime.  I think it's a good thing you are putting the information out on the web.  There are many people that read here and network.  I hope there will justice for Brittany. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 08:20:22 AM »

5/7/2007-Near Lake Winnsboro
East Texas Teen Found Murdered In Her Home; Police Need Your Help

Wood County Authorities found the body of 19-year-old Brittany McGlone inside a home near Lake Winnsborro Friday afternoon.

The Sheriff's Department says the young girl was assaulted and then murdered. They said Brittany McGlone died from massive head trauma.

Authorities say her boyfriend, who lived at the house, was the first person to find Brittany.

Investigators say the murder happened at the home in the 200 Block of County Road 4837 sometime between 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.  Authorities are hoping someone will come forward. If they saw something suspicious.

"At this time there are some suspects that were looking at real strong, but we are just having to do the investigation on them at this time,"  said Sheriff Dwaine Daugherty, Wood County. "I'm asking the public for any information they can give. Call Lieutenant Tucker in Criminal Investigation if they see a vehicle or anything in this area to please call us."

The Wood County Sheriff's Department can be reached at (903) 763-2201.

Brittany's family did not wish to speak. They say, authorities have asked them to remain quiet, since the investigation is ongoing .

The Wood County Sheriff's Department said when the person who's responsible is arrested, he or she faces capital murder charges.

Danielle Capper, Reporting. dcapper@kltv.com

http://www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=6481584

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 08:44:37 AM »

I am saddened to hear of your tragic loss. Brittany's Memorial page...a beautiful tribute to a beautiful young woman......

In Memory Of Brittany Danielle (Britt) McGlone
9th November 1987 – 4th May 2007
This memorial website was created in the memory of Brittany (Britt) Danielle McGlone, born in Alamogordo, New Mexico on the 9th November 1987 and passed away on the 4th May 2007, 19 years of age.
http://www.christianmemorials.com/tributes/brittany-mcglone/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
guardianurse
Scared Monkey

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 11:41:29 AM »

Thank you all so much for your kind words of sympathy. I will spend the rest of my life fighting for justice for Brittany.
I just wanted to make it clear that Brittany was not killed in our home, she was killed in the home of her boyfriend.
The suspect in the case is a 3 time convicted felon; injury to a child, aggravated burglary and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. However, there is only circumstantial evidence against him; I was told it is almost as if he went in that room wrapped in Saran Wrap to kill my little girl. He was arrested one month after Brittany's death on an unrelated sexual assault. He spend 1 year, 1 month and 2 weeks in jail before he was set free after a secret bond reduction hearing which reduced his bond from 250K to 10K. He did not have to put up a dime, he was released on time served.
I plea and beg with officials to get him locked up again before he kills another young woman and devastates another family and community.
Thanks again,
Patricia, Brittany's mom
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2008, 11:49:06 AM »

Patricia...Thank You for sharing the story of your beautiful daughter. May God give you the strength to keep up fighting for Justice. Please keep on...it may just save another Mother's child.

Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2008, 02:42:32 PM »

Patricia,
Stopping in here again to respond to your story.I do not know if you are familiar with the case of Rachel Cooke of Round Rock Texas. Rachel has been missing since 2002. I believe her father Robert occasionally post here at Scared Monkeys.I realize Brittany is not missing but Robert might be a good person to talk to about how to keep Brits name in the news.

Here are a couple of links you might want to try.

http://www.rachelcookesearch.org/

You will have to loook for it but there is a place somewhere to contact Robert.
Here is a link to his message board

http://pub46.bravenet.com/guestbook/3883537043/

These folks are also good at sleuthing

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/

By the way I think since the suspect is a known criminal it is ok to post his name.

One of our members here at SM goes by the name of Rob is a real good sleuth also . You should be able to ask Klaas for a contact with him. Keep on trying.

Sam

Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2008, 01:34:41 PM »

Patricia.
you need to check in here often and post anything to get more responses.

Nut just posted this link about playing cards being made in Florida for unsolved crimes.
Read the link. It says Texas is also doing this. Maybe you could talk to the investigators and see if Britteny's picture could be included on some.Everything to keep her face remembered along with her name.

Link to Nuts post.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=3319.0

guardianurse
Scared Monkey

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2008, 06:27:50 PM »

Sam,
You are going to love this reply from the lead investigator on Britts case when I asked her about cold case playing cards.
It goes like this!
From me to the two investigators:
 Hi ***** and *****,
I was reading an article about Florida passing out "Cold Case" playing
cards to its prisoners and jail inmates,
How hard would it be to get a similar deck with Texas unsolved cases
(including Britt) to distribute to TDC and
county jails throughout Texas?
Thanks in advance for any input you can give.
Patricia

Her reply:
I don't think our guy is in TDC. I doubt they would consider it a cold
case with the evidence (as small as it may be) we have on ****. We'll
talk about it. We could also talk to them about TDC Crimestoppers. 

My reply:
Sorry, *****, Crimestoppers (Wood County Crimestoppers, anyway) is another joke to me and Britts family. They cannot increase the reward for a capital murder case from $1000? Come on, Britts life was definitely worth more than a grand.
They would not even commit to advertising information needed leading to the indictment of the person responsible on our local access TV channel.
I know "our guy" is not in TDC, but someone he bragged to may be.
I will look into it and see what I can do myself.
Thanks anyway,
Patricia

Her reply:
I'm not talking about Wood County Crimestoppers.  TDCJ has their own crimestopper program.  The info goes to inmates only.  I will look into both options, like I told you in the other e-mail. You will not be able to do it yourself.  I will take care of it.

And my final reply:
Thanks, *****. I was thinking of maybe having cards made up with britts pic and a limited amount of information and donate them to local jails and prisons. I bet I could get a good deal if I ordered in bulk. That can be plan B if you are not able to motivate some people to help.
What is your opinion of us retaining a lawyer?
Thanks again, you do not have to respond to me this evening; these are not urgent matters!
God bless you for your dedication,
Patricia

Just a sample of the awful treatment we have endured since Brittany's murder.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2008, 07:21:56 PM »

This is a disgrace!   

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2008, 09:32:53 PM »

Patricia,
Thanks for letting us know what is happening. I know you will not give up. I am going to make a small post to Rob and ask him to stop in here and read about your case.

Please give us or him the name of the suspect. Rob, Carpe and Grande another poster  are such good sleuths I believe they could tell us a lot about they suspect if they knew the name.

So remember check in often and if there is nothing new just say that but  but keep this thread active so it does not fall in the cracks.

Sam

Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2008, 10:06:51 PM »

I am so sorry for your loss Patricia.  Is there evidence in this case yet to tie them to suspects or are the LE still in search of clues? 
I do not know much about Texas, but I am going to start searching on this case as well as the Caylee.  I will post what I am able to find.

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2008, 02:01:37 PM »

Sam, I saw your message and will take some time to read everything here and will make a phone call to see what other help I might be able to arrange. Thanks for bring this to my attention. I am not in this thread too often, and appreciate the heads up.

To Patricia, my sincere condolences to you on the loss of your beautiful daughter. God Bless you.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2008, 02:13:04 PM »

Patricia, I just made a phone call and think I know someone that can help you.

I will send Klaas an email asking her to forward my email address to you. You may contact me as soon as you are able and I will provide you with the details.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

+++

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2008, 08:54:35 PM »

Patricia ~ I hope you  will give Rob a call. When I first saw your post, Rob came to mind.  He's known for being an advocate for the missing and their families.  Muffy

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
guardianurse
Scared Monkey

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2008, 08:40:49 AM »

I am overwhelmed by everyone's concern and willingness to help!
I am writing Rob a "book" this morning; letting him in on what I know.
No one's daughter deserves to die the way my Brittany did, but believe me
when I tell you Britt deserved it least. She was a straight a student in high school,
never dated until she was 19, never wore makeup until her senior prom, she held down
2 jobs and was caring for my blind, crippled mother at the time of her mother.
Thank you all so much.
Patricia
guardianurse
Scared Monkey

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2008, 08:41:38 AM »

oops, at the time of her murder.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2008, 10:52:41 AM »

Patricia ~ I hope you  will give Rob a call. When I first saw your post, Rob came to mind.  He's known for being an advocate for the missing and their families.  Muffy

Muffy thank you for the very kind words. And you are just as much the advocate as I.

I really appreciate the kind words. That made me feel very nice.

I have spoken to Ms. Tice and hopefully there will be some help on the way shortly.

+++

Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2008, 12:02:15 PM »

Rob, thank you so much for getting involved.

Patricia, I am glad you are writing Rob the book. He has so many good contacts.
Just for your information though Texas as well as Florida have so many unsolved murders as well as missing. There are lots of good people in both places as well as criminals though. So we can't blame it on the water.

I believe crime is spreading everywhere due to all the drugs and addicts. I have a great niece who has just admitted to being an addict and wanting help. We have all known she was for quite awhile now and I had worried about her being found dead because of it. I am so hoping she also can get the help she needs. She also lives in Texas.

Remember to post often to keep this thread open. The more folks we can get involved the better.

Sam

Pages: 1 2 3 4 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.