April 26, 2024, 10:35:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Unsolved murder of Brittany McGlone 5/4/07 Winnsboro, TX  (Read 48119 times)
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2008, 05:48:52 PM »

Thank you so much Numbersgirl for getting involved. You made a good point about an accounting of the funds.

Patricia, You will need to keep a close accounting of all funds collected as well as expenses in this new account. Do not want to get in trouble with the state or IRS. I hope you stop in soon and update us.

Sam

Just a swinging with the tribe
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2008, 07:55:11 PM »

Thank you so much Numbersgirl for getting involved. You made a good point about an accounting of the funds.

Patricia, You will need to keep a close accounting of all funds collected as well as expenses in this new account. Do not want to get in trouble with the state or IRS. I hope you stop in soon and update us.

Sam

Thanks Sam.  I'll keep checking back to see if Patricia responds.  In the interim, if you need to reach me, please ask Klaasend for my email.  I'll be glad to help.
guardianurse
Scared Monkey

« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2008, 09:06:53 PM »

Hello again, all and thank you for your kind words, advice, suggestions.
You are right, I am very busy. In addition to the work I do on Brittany's case, I take care of my blind, disabled mother and still have 2 teenage sons at home.
We are working hard on fund raising-my brother has already begun organizing a poker tournament.
The fund I have is at First National Bank of Winnsboro, Texas, 75494. Their number is 9033425275.
I am so grateful for your offer, numbersgirl. I am a nurse and have little experience in research, finance, etc.
Patricia, Britts mom
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2008, 09:42:38 AM »

Hi Patricia,

I would be honored to help.  I'm going to do some research regarding non-profits for both IRS and Texas.  I need to get familiar with financial reporting requirements.  I'm
not sure what information your bank gave you, but for now, just be sure to log every bit of income by source and each expense and we'll get back in touch and set up a system that works for both of us....I'm excited to be able to help.  I've worked for an accounting firm (CPA) for 21 years and I know that most people either love playing with numbers or hate it...if I can ease your burden with that part, I'll be glad to do so.
And just so you know....I could never be a nurse (lol)...I faint if I get a splinter!  Stay in touch.

Numbers (Betsy)
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2008, 11:16:19 PM »

Patricia ,

I received this email from one of our other Monkeys by the screen name Marlee. I am just going to copy and paste it in here.

Hi Sam!

I thought of another person that might be able to help Patricia. Erika Wilson is Justin Gaines mom. He disappeared November 2, 2007 in Duluth, Georgia. Here is his story:

http://www.projectjason.org/forums/index.php?topic=1656.msg19522

This site is the family blog where his mother has been posting everything that they are doing and all of her feelings. It is heartbreaking to read.

http://www.operationfindachild.org/boards/viewtopic.php?t=324&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&sid=c8e40b21f05158a46efcccb46b578c0b

His mom has started a foundation called....... The Justin Time Foundation. It's a foundation where people can turn to in the very beginning of finding out that their loved one is missing. And to offer support in any way they can.  You can read about it on both of the links up there.

I realize that Brittany is not missing but Erika  and her family and friends have put on many successful benefits to pay for the PI that they have. The way it sounds to me is the PI is doing this for free but Erika is doing everything she can to get him some money. I think Erika would be a great help to Patricia by giving her her pointers on how to set up the benefits and maybe even her PI may have someone he knows in Patricia's area that may be able to help her.

This site has an email where she can contact Erika....  http://www.justingaines.com/   ; There may be other contact info in the blogs up there but I didn't read through them all again to see.

Just a thought and I hope it helps!!!! Marlee

So maybe you could take time to read some of those links and even try contacting Erica.
Just some thoughts
Sam

guardianurse
Scared Monkey

« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2008, 09:47:49 AM »

Good morning all!
I am having severe pc problems; I mean the blue screen kind of problems. My middle sons girlfriend is bringing me a new pc home today and I will be better able to respond to your ideas, suggestions and support.
We have a lot of things in the works, my brother is really running with the poker tourney idea and Poker Stars has agreed to host it!
The next few weeks will be difficult for me; November 4th will be 18 months since Britts murder and she would have turned 21 on November 9th. I spent a few weeks in bed last year, but this year I will stay so busy on Britt's cause I wont have time for depression.
Again, thank you all so much!
Patricia
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2008, 09:42:53 PM »

Oh I hate the blue screen. I had another email from Marlee. Again I am just going to copy and paste it here. I have a feeling Marlee does not dare sign in here right now since she is so busy with school and therapy. She knows this all takes a lot of her time once she signs in.

Hi Sam!
This is what I am getting about the account she has at the bank is this. That it was not set up specifically for reward money. She probably had the intention to use it for that because she didn't know what else that it could go for. She had no direction to go in. Now that you guys have talked to her about getting a PI she wants to use it for that.

So I would ask her if that account is specifically and legally only set up for reward money or was it just in her mind that that is what it was for because she never thought of anything else to use it for.

Of course if it was set up legally (by that I mean paperwork stating that is the only thing it would be used for.)  that it was to only be used for reward money then that's what it has to be.

Does that make sense? If it doesn't let me know and I will try to explain what I am trying to say better.
Marlee

So Patricia, check with the bank and see how that account is set up. I will not donate to the reward fund because of rewards seldom get to the bottom of things. If it is set up so you can access it and write checks on it for expenses I will donate to that. See even a PI needs the police reports and they have to pay for the copies. You really do need to let us know all this info. thanks
Sam

guardianurse
Scared Monkey

« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2008, 12:35:29 PM »

The account at First National Bank is for whatever we decide to use it for. The bank just applied and obtained for us an employer identification number with the IRS. There are no legalities, the bank said they did not even want to get involved as to how money was withdrawn/for what purpose, etc. The only stipulation we put on the account was it requires two signatures for withdrawals. I typed up a paper on the reward fund, but it has not been signed or notarized.
This is what it says:
Objective: This fund was established May 14, 2008 in an effort to encourage information that leads to a grand jury indictment of the person or person responsible for the murder of Brittany Danielle McGlone. The murder occurred May 4, 2007 on CR 4837 on Lake Winnsboro, Winnsboro, Wood County, Texas, between 8 am and 3:30 pm.
Eligibility: The reward will be presented to the person or persons who meet the criteria for claiming the Crimestoppers reward by providing information that leads to a grand jury indictment of the person or persons responsible for the murder of Brittany Danielle McGlone.
Exclusions: No member of Brittany Danielle McGlone's family is eligible to receive the reward. No member of the Stogner, Bourland, Carr or Pearce families will be awarded any portion of the reward fund even if qualified to receive the Crimestoppers reward.
Deadline: If the reward is not claimed by December 31, 2012, the balance of the fund will be awarded as a one time scholarship to the daughter of Danielle McClellan and Chad Carr, Katie Drinkwine.
So, that being said, I see no problem using the fund for the expenses of TJ Ward. Or, I can just open a new account specifically for his expenses.
What is your advice?
THANKS!
Patricia
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2008, 01:58:19 PM »

Patricia,

I am going to suggest you leave the money that has already been collected and deposited be left as it is for the reward.

I am also going to suggest you start a new account maybe call it  A Brittany expense fund. All further moneys collected go into that. I have no idea what amount you need to start this account but it should be stated for the poker run so they know it is to help with a private investigator, playing cards, etc. As soon as you get this set up with the bank let me know so I can send my check. Or send me an email. Klaas will give you my email.

Does the suspect live in your town? He needs to be got off the streets. JMHO

Does anyone reading here know how to go about creating a non profit foundation?

Sam

numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2008, 02:47:04 PM »

Patricia,

I am going to suggest you leave the money that has already been collected and deposited be left as it is for the reward.

I am also going to suggest you start a new account maybe call it  A Brittany expense fund. All further moneys collected go into that. I have no idea what amount you need to start this account but it should be stated for the poker run so they know it is to help with a private investigator, playing cards, etc. As soon as you get this set up with the bank let me know so I can send my check. Or send me an email. Klaas will give you my email.

Does the suspect live in your town? He needs to be got off the streets. JMHO

Does anyone reading here know how to go about creating a non profit foundation?

Sam

Hello Sam and Patricia,

I did some research the last few days and I would encourage Patricia to see an attorney.
The IRS has very specific (and confusing) rules regarding non-profits indicating two categories:  either a foundation or a charity.  Once it is determined which is most appropriate, the Texas filing requirements become pretty simple.  Is the goal to be able to collect donations which are tax-deductible for the donee?  I'm sorry I can't be of more help right now, but I'm would never want to give incorrect information.  Maybe someone else knows....
Aunt of Brittany Danielle
Scared Monkey

« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2008, 12:49:18 PM »

My sister suggested I join this forum. Brittany is still so much alive in all of us. To have her taken from us the way she was is still so hard for me to grasp. I feel as if it was just yesterday I heard my mother screaming on the other end of the phone and it is only 3 days until the 18 month anniversay of her death. Are we just suppose to accept this? I don't think so. I can't.
Any help or advice anyone can give is greatly appreciated.
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2008, 09:20:57 PM »

Brittany's aunt I am so glad you are here. Thanks for posting the picture of Brittany. It helps to make her more real to us if we keep seeing her face.Please continue posting and if you have any ideas tell us.

Numbersgirl, I also have been searching trying to find out how to set up a not for profit. I have had no luck whatsoever. I am not concerned about a donation I plan on making being tax deductible for me. I am concerned about donating to one that says reward fund. I do not want Patricia to use that money for something else and get in trouble with IRS.

Patricia I had Klaas send you my email address. Please email me and put my name in subject line so I know it is not spam. Like to Sam.

I have not seen Rob on for a few days. Hopefully he will show up soon. Maybe even have some news from TJ.  Hopefully we can get some justice for Brittany and her family.
Sam

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2008, 09:41:57 PM »

http://www.texasonline.com/guide/texasnonprofitcorp.jsp?lang=en

Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2008, 10:49:28 PM »

Thank you so much Klaas.

guardianurse
Scared Monkey

« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2008, 10:32:46 AM »

I beg everyone's pardon for my absence. My computer truly crashed and I did not get a replacement until yesterday.
The 18 month mark since Britt was murdered was recently reached. It is not acceptable at all to me that Britt's murder remains unsolved; the suspect with a history of 3 criminal convictions is free to live, work, laugh, sleep, eat and more than likely, murder again.
We get to visit Brittany Sunday, her 21st birthday at a cemetery. It goes without saying this will be a particularly painful weekend for our family and all of Britt's friends and champions, like you kind people here. The sting of the loss of her even harder to take because we have failed to secure justice for her. How much more unbearable will that pain be if the monster who murdered Brittany kills, beats or rapes another young woman in the community he now lives in?
I am slowly but surely working on all of your tips, ideas and suggestions. My health is very bad and our family has had several life and death crises over the past several days, weeks, months and years.
God bless,
Patricia, Brittany's mom
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2008, 02:35:38 PM »

Hello Patricia,

Please do whatever you must for yourself and your loved ones.  We will be here to help when you are ready.  My prayers go out to you.

Numbersgirl
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2008, 02:11:31 PM »

Patricia,
I know this is a very difficult time for you. We will still be here waiting when you are ready to tell us more.

Hugs,
 Sam

Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2008, 02:24:37 PM »

Patricia,
I know this is a very difficult time for you. We will still be here waiting when you are ready to tell us more.

Hugs,
 Sam

Patricia and family ,
 I am just posting this to try to keep this on the page. If it goes to another page you may not be able to find it.

We are still here waiting for you.

Sam

Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2008, 07:58:22 PM »

Patricia and family ,

I know it has been hectic with the Holidays coming so quickly but hopefully in the New Year we can get some focus back on Brittany and finding her Justice. Do not give up hope. I am still waiting for your email . Make sure to ask Klaas for my email address and put in your subject line Brittany's name so I do not delete it as spam.

Sam

Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2009, 09:04:15 PM »

Just bumping this up again. Patricia or Aunt of Brittany please post anything or one of you get my email from Klaas .I really do want to try to help.

Sam

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.