April 19, 2024, 04:52:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Unsolved murder of Brittany McGlone 5/4/07 Winnsboro, TX  (Read 48072 times)
hopemcg
Scared Monkey

« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2010, 03:13:05 PM »

My name is Hope McGlone. Brittany was my only sister. I found this forum and wanted to give an update on the case. The previous suspect Chad Carr is not really a suspect anymore. No one's told us but from what has been told to us it seems that way.  DNA results came back and we were told no one BUT Brittany's DNA was found.  We were told whoever killed her was wrapped in saran wrap. I dont know how thats possible. The case has now been turned over to the cold case investigators. I dont know exactly who that is. But I was told that they can only work with the evidence that the Wood County Sheriff had. As of now I have no hope in my sister's case being solved. Its my belief that is has been screwed up since the beginning. Thanks for reading and your thoughts and prayers.
Hope McGlone
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2010, 03:56:13 PM »

Thank you for the update on your sister Brittany's case, Hope.   I'm sorry there doesn't seem to be any developments that would help toward finding the person/persons that were responsible for Brittany's murder.     It sounds to me like you might need someone or a group of people that can help you find out at least some basic information and go from there.  an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2010, 07:06:51 PM »

So sad....I wish for answers for your family.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2010, 05:09:24 PM »

http://www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12009108
Cold case murder being revisited
Posted: Feb 18, 2010 6:44 PM CST Updated: Feb 19, 2010 1:31 PM CST
By Courtney Lane - bio  | email
Posted by Ellen Krafve - bio | email

WINNSBORO, TX (KLTV) - Nearly three years after Brittany McGlone, 19, of Winnsboro was murdered, Wood County investigators are revisiting the crime scene and asking for your help.

On May 4th, 2007, McGlone body was found inside her boyfriend's home near Lake Winnsboro along County Road 4837.

The 19-year-old died of massive trauma to the head. Still, years later, no one has been punished for the heinous crime.

For Brittany's dad, Ron McGlone, every day is a battle.

"They say everything happens for a reason and God has a plan, but I have a real hard time seeing this one," said McGlone.

Living with the unsolved murder of his daughter, knowing her killer is still free.

"We're not going to get closure but if somebody knows something, I mean, I don't have a whole lot but I'd give anything I had..." said McGlone.

Wood County investigators say Brittany McGlone was bludgeoned to death inside her boyfriend's home. That boyfriend and his family claim they returned and discovered her body.

"It was somebody that knew her and knew who was in the house," said McGlone.
Lieutenant Jerry Blaylock says they have suspects but still no motive.

"The lack of information coming forward is probably the most difficult," said Blaylock.

He is asking Brittany McGlone's friends and anyone who was near Lake Winnsboro at that time to contact them.

"Just any general information," said Blaylock. "Anybody that was on the lake fishing that day."

"Come see me personally," said McGlone. "I mean, you don't have to tell who you are or nothing. You'd be a long-time friend of mine, you know, forever."

For McGlone, not a minute goes by without missing his daughter and her love for life.

"You could be having a bad day and she'd make a joke or smile or just...Didn't seem like she ever had a bad day," said McGlone.

To whoever did this, he says it's not too late.

"Turn your own self in," said McGlone. "You want to go to heaven. I'm sure everybody does but at this point it don't look good for you."

And, until her killer is off the streets McGlone won't rest, and the Wood County Sheriff's Department won't stop hunting.

Wood County Crimestoppers is offering a reward in the case, and the sheriff's department says you can keep your name anonymous. For a contact email and phone number, click here.
http://www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12008864

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2010, 05:21:16 PM »

Video  Cold Case Being Revisited    http://www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12009108

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2010, 05:23:48 PM »

http://www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12008864
McGlone Cold Case
Posted: Feb 18, 2010 5:58 PM CST Updated: Feb 18, 2010 5:58 PM CS
19-year old Brittany McGlone was murdered nearly 3 years ago. Regardless if you have any information, friends, colleagues, and those who were near Lake Winnsboro May 4th, 2007 between the hours of 6 a.m. – 6 p.m. are asked to call the Wood County Sheriff's Department.

J13LAYlock@co.wood.tx.us

Wood County Sheriff's Dept: (903)763-5461
Wood County Crime Stoppers: (903) 763-2274

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.